Getting Bullied in school, or other places? Tell your stories!

I was kinda bullied during 6th grade. On the last day, the lead stinkwad jumped on my shoulders while I was going to lunch, I grabbed his hands and spun fast enough for his legs to start flying, and he hasn't messed with me again. The lesson is, wait til' they pull something and no teachers are around, and follow your instincts instead of your anger.
I do not know why people solve things with violence. I mean it would embaress your parents if they were told that their own son uses violence to solve things. The best thing is to tell your parents, your parents are always there to help. Some people are embaressed to tell their parents, but that is a complete wrong decision. I would've suggested telling a parent. Neverless, something that happened, happened.
Hahaha, I have probably never been "bullied" because essentially, I'm a quiet and "keep-to-myself" kind of person. But anyways, you must understand that the motivation of some bullies is just to get a reaction from you. If you do not give them a reaction, they'll more or less leave ya alone. As for teacher bullying, there was only one time it happened. And it was very recent.

Soooooooo, we were just in computer programming (boring as hell) and I was surfing the WBO and then from the back of the room the teacher yells "*Insert full name here (mines), why are you on a spinning top website? My son watches that and he is eight. Shut that thing down and get back to work!"

A bit of my beyspirit died that day Crying
yu have imortal beyspirit, it never die, beyfriend sarah

That is funny though.

I apparently was bullied in Kindergarten, but I do not remember it.
(Oct. 07, 2012  12:42 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Hahaha, I have probably never been "bullied" because essentially, I'm a quiet and "keep-to-myself" kind of person. But anyways, you must understand that the motivation of some bullies is just to get a reaction from you. If you do not give them a reaction, they'll more or less leave ya alone. As for teacher bullying, there was only one time it happened. And it was very recent.

Soooooooo, we were just in computer programming (boring as hell) and I was surfing the WBO and then from the back of the room the teacher yells "*Insert full name here (mines), why are you on a spinning top website? My son watches that and he is eight. Shut that thing down and get back to work!"

A bit of my beyspirit died that day Crying

My moms catch phrase is "I hate people". That should have been used there ;(

I'm guessing you are a freshman or in 8th grade, but don't let your teacher ruin your bey spirit just because you like spinning tips and rolling wheels! His son probably knows nothing about beyblade like you.
(Oct. 07, 2012  1:13 PM)Tri Wrote: My moms catch phrase is "I hate people". That should have been used there ;(

I'm guessing you are a freshman or in 8th grade, but don't let your teacher ruin your bey spirit just because you like spinning tips and rolling wheels! His son probably knows nothing about beyblade like you.

Hahaha, no it was pretty funny nonetheless. But I don't see why people resort to violence, in posts stated above.

I'm in 10th, by the way ...
(Oct. 07, 2012  1:15 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2012  1:13 PM)Tri Wrote: My moms catch phrase is "I hate people". That should have been used there ;(

Hahaha, no it was pretty funny nonetheless. But I don't see why people resort to violence, in posts stated above.

I'm in 10th, by the way ...

10th, really? I thought you were like 14 Uncertain

And yeah, violence is dumb. People at my school resort to it all the time. I mean, if someone hits me, I'll defend myself, but never start violence.
(Oct. 07, 2012  1:22 PM)Tri Wrote: 10th, really? I thought you were like 14 Uncertain

Turned 15 just last month .-. Probably cause the USA education system is different ... ? Or am too young for my grade Gasp

Its not really about "violence doesn't solve anything", its more of the "YOU PUNCH ME? IMMA PUNCH YOU SO THAT WE CAN BOTH GET IN TROUBLE!"
That's a good thing that you're calm. Bullying are usually caused by idiots, who get lower grades. I suggest not bragging about good marks. They'll learn in the future, if not try to stay away from them. Don't even bother taking a chance.

I'm being 100% honest, but two people from the lower grade classes were fighting. Basically they were bigger, but when I pushed one apart -.- ...he tripped. Well, the boys Coordinator thanked me from stopping it, although if I was in a fight. I would tear apart and start beating them carelessly, in year 6 which was last year the start of the year. A fresh year, and I was voted by students (Including girls XD) to represent as School captain. And basically the week after I saw a new classmate teasing someone I tried to persuade him to stop and BAM he slapped me in the face. He set me up, and once again I am being honest I punched him bag and continuously punched him. After the fight some people helped him but I walked away with people from the lower grades that were happy I did that. After that he was away the next day, BUT the teacher called me and asked me did you get in a fight? I said yes, it turns out his own mother blamed him for starting it and told the teacher to get him in trouble. I walked away without getting in trouble and kept my School Captain badge. Learnt my leason and never dealt with that stupidity again. I thank my taekwando Grin
I'm going to go ahead and interject by reminding people that this isn't the "Tell stories of how you're a badass that got all the money, girls, fame, and a free trip to Hollywood by beating a bully up and thereby placing yourself as a hero of the downtrodden" thread.

Flowery exaggerations of retaliation and other such fisherman's tales can be left at the door, especially when they're in direct contradiction to your prior points about not resorting to violence.
(Oct. 07, 2012  2:35 PM)Hazel Wrote: I'm going to go ahead and interject by reminding people that this isn't the "Tell stories of how you're a badass that got all the money, girls, fame, and a free trip to Hollywood by beating a bully up and thereby placing yourself as a hero of the downtrodden" thread.

Flowery exaggerations of retaliation and other such fisherman's tales can be left at the door, especially when they're in direct contradiction to your prior points about not resorting to violence.
I really hope none of my tales were like that...I mean when ever i fought back I got a stern talking no reward but I did feel good about it...well not too good but you get what I mean..
I did not call anyone out, so anyone who responds to my message will either look overtly guilty or just outwardly indict themselves of the behavior.
(Oct. 08, 2012  12:56 PM)Hazel Wrote: I did not call anyone out, so anyone who responds to my message will either look overtly guilty or just outwardly indict themselves of the behavior.
I'm not making mine up I'm just saying that I never got a happy ending mine were kind of bittersweet. I am guilty of fighting back but nothing else -3- I mean what was I suppose to do I mean some punk took my shades and another one took my locker ornament.
Kind of large story...

Revival commence!
Anyway, around April, this one kid who I think was new, I don't remember and he had a salad specialized of carrots, tomato and ranch. That guy was on drugs, I could tell and I guess he saw me as a demon, because he pelted me with his salad artillery, I told the dean, and the kid came back, and oh my god he tried to light my hair on fire during school hours. This is all true, when I go back and this kid confronts me this year, what should I do??
This event triggered about 10 early dismissals, because that kid stalked me EVERYWHERE.
Edit: my school has no cameras, and I'm in high school.
Woah. Well if you ask me, if he comes my way... And he has a fist made or a torch... hide under your bed likein those scary movies XD. Doesnt your college have cameras? I would report it to the dean, if that doesnt work, then do what I said first or transfer to another college lol.
Man, I could go into a pretty long rant about my third & fourth grade years. I made friends with the right people in fifth grade, and aside from the summer I turned 12, I haven't experienced bullying since. Once you get to high school, people are usually above that anyway.
I got bullied in fourth grade also. Uncertain
Man fourth grade sucked for everybody. When I was in that grade I got beat up and beys broken. When I was like 2 other little kids most who were older then me broke my first blade, driger s and most of my others. But my friend sometimes stood up for me even at risk of there own beys getting broken
When I was in 6th grade a boy would call me names (can't remember what it was). He called me that for about two weeks straight I couldn't find my self to do anything?Unhappy (I was really shy in 6th grade, I would hardly ever talk) and then one day he called me the name again! I scratched him across the face!(it was kinda funny) until I got in trouble-.-
I think that it's great thank we are all standing up to your bullies, but as mentioned above remember to keep your anger in check. I once got extremely angry at a bully and beat his face in. I gave him a concussion, black eyes and 30+ stitches.
I was never bullied in grammar school, but then again, no one was. Last year in horrible high school I was sort of bullied. Isolated would be a better word. I guess I didn't "talk enough" because one day everyone just ditched me. I was to shy to try and go to other tables, so I just sat alone for a chunk of the year. I didn't mind the fact that I was sitting alone, it was just that everyone kept looking at me. I pretty much dreaded lunch everyday (which was the only thing I had looked forward to, as the rest of high school sucked).
Thank god I transferred.
I was bullied through the whole of last year, and everyone would just ditch me. It was because when someone was made fun of, I would stand for them - this meant everyone else just bullied me and now I am pretty much isolated apart from 1 or 2 friends.
Well, time for me to jump into this thread.

I've always been bullied my whole life. But I never really took it seriously. I just told myself "He's being dumb and whatever he said was dumb. I know that if he continues to do that, it won't help him get anywhere. I am who I am and nothings going to change that."

On the second to last day of school, a kid (who's bullied everyone before) came up to me, saying I was a "dumb ---- asian who should go -------- himself." I felt a ball of rage and anger begin to grow in my stomach, and I was about to explode. But, my friend came over, and she said "Don't listen to him" and gave me a pat on the back. I'm grateful that she did. She stopped me before I could even suggest to myself to start a fight.

Now, this may not have been as severe as some people's stories, it shows that even when you feel hated, others are there to help you.

Here are some tips to countering bullies:
  • Stay with friends. If you're with your friends, bullies tend to stay away. If they mess with you, they mess with your friends. And even if the bully tries to bully you; you have a few witnesses there to report him/her.

• Tell them you mean business. If this means outsmarting time, telling the teacher every time they bother someone, or even just standing up for yourself, this strategy works. It allows you to show a dominance over them. This scares the bully so they'll stay away from you. Even if people call it "snitching." I find it funny to watch them get angry as they get dragged away to the principals. Consider it a "way of ridding a nuisance for everyone." You just did everyone who gets bullied by that person a huge favor.

• Stay away from the bully. This might not be the best way of dealing with a bully, but if they arent causing too big of a problem for you, you can disregard it. After all, if they don't change now, then their future is ruined. You don't get involved, keep working towards your goals, and you'll end up at a brighter place than them.

Sometimes, telling the teacher may not always work. They just say "ignore them," or "move to that seat," and you're all like "What the fudge that doesn't make a difference." Or maybe the bully isn't scared of the teacher.Well, then you can get people like the assistance principal or principal involved. This raises the stakes and with the bully knowing you have the power to eventually give them a punishment, then they'll stay away from you. If they aren't scared of that, you can just tell the adult every time you see him/her bother you or someone else, until they get time out, suspended, etc.

Unfortunately, sometimes bullies just aren't afraid of things like that. So, sometimes I try to befriend them; I help them out with stuff, and they started to become nicer to me, knowing that I can help them with school in return of not bothering me.

If all else fails, then you can either just stick to ignoring/staying away from them, or if it's too big of a problem, transfer to another class, or if extreme, another school. OR the bully gets suspended for the rest of the year.

---------------------------------
On the subject of "Self Defense" :

Self Defense is a great thing to learn, don't get me wrong. But sometimes people don't think about what they can do to someone with that type of power, or even how to use it. I've seen some people try to defend themselves by starting a fight, and they themselves turned into a bully after that.

I'm not saying that learning Karate, or whatever, is bad. I'm saying that with power comes responsibility . And I don't feel that everyone who has power is responsible.

Self Defense should be used when you are in "real danger." For instance, guy threatens you with a knife? Sure, you can beat him. Guy trying to shove drugs into your mouth? "sure, you can beat him too.

Guy get you anger? Don't.

^ People who use violence to settle disagreements are usually the people who think teachers are "unfair," or that their school is "stupid." These are people who don't see what they do wrong. So, before you decide to destroy the bully's face, please remember to

EVALUATE YOUR DECISIONS, CHOICES, AND CONSEQUENCES.

But what do I know; Im only 13.
I was sort of bullied, in 4th and 5th grade. In 4th, this kid kept calling me "Pollems" (trying to sound like problems)
every time he saw me. He eventually stopped, but in 5th ( NOTE: At this time I am stupid and immature) he did something again. See, our lockers can be opened from the inside. I used to play by getting lock in then escaping. But in 5th grade you get a LOT bigger. The same kid as before ran past the locker and shut the door, and I COULDN'T GET OUT. He may have helped me develop claustrophobia. I have to say, though. I walked into that second one.

But my counter to verbal bullying is to just ignore or make a wisecrack that'll get them to go away, but mostly you should to the former.