Burn (Aquario) 90 MF

I realize that there are better clear wheels out there than Aquario, but I felt like using Aquario anyway, so here it is. Basically this is just a Limited format copy of Phantom ___ 90 MF & surprisingly, it actually works fairly well. The concept is essentially the same as Phantom's; the Beyblade circles the rim of the stadium (tornado stalling) for a while. When it finally makes contact with it's "opponent," the opposing Beyblade has already been weakened, allowing for a (theoretically) easy win. I'm not sure what to call this combo, so I'm just going to go with stamina.
Launch: L/R string launcher with the three-segment launcher grip, alternating the first launch between both Beyblades.

Tests:

Burn Aquario 90 MF vs Earth Cancer GB145 CS (defense)

Burn Aquario 90 MF vs Earth Cancer W145 WD (stamina)

Burn Aquario 90 MF vs Earth Cancer 230 D (stamina)

Burn Aquario 90 MF vs Meteo L Drago CH120 EWD

Burn Aquario 90 MF vs Phantom (Metal Fury) Cancer 230 D
First 10 Matches (using a sliding shoot launch)

Last 10 Matches (using a standard launch) < read my explanation for this lol

...Well, that's all I've got. Let me know what you think. It may not be stellar, but I think it's pretty decent Smile
You beat me to the punch! This was my first custom and was what inspired me to make MF-L Phantom Cygnus 85MF, and I was working on a thread for almost this very custom xD

This custom is definitely worth exploring! I was going to be trying MF-L Burn Cygnus 85MF, and when those tests are done I'll post them here Grin

EDIT: The custom is a Balance type for sure (more specifically, it's a Tornado Staller); you should be trying to KO Stamina types, not OS them.
I'd say Cygnus would work a little better...I just wanted to get some use out of Aquario :p I'll try a few tests while trying to KO at some point, but I was feeling pretty lazy & I liked the idea of out-spinning the opponent more, for some reason haha
Thanks for the feedback!
Wasn't this a know custom? I love this thing! With no Dragooon to worry about, this would go insanely far in a tourney in NC. Grin I might just end up using something similar this weekend.
This was actually pretty inevitable, because Burn and Earth are basically the old Phantom and Duo. I'll do some tests if I can. How does it fare against Meteo CH120EWD?
(Dec. 05, 2013  5:47 AM)Wombat Wrote: This was actually pretty inevitable, because Burn and Earth are basically the old Phantom and Duo. I'll do some tests if I can. How does it fare against Meteo CH120EWD?
I know haha
I'm not sure, but I can test it out.
Can you test against Beat Eagle 90 RF/R2F? Thanks. Grin
(Dec. 05, 2013  6:02 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Can you test against Beat Eagle 90 RF/R2F? Thanks. Grin
Anything I could substitute for Beat?
(Dec. 05, 2013  6:11 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Dec. 05, 2013  6:02 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Can you test against Beat Eagle 90 RF/R2F? Thanks. Grin
Anything I could substitute for Beat?

(Metal Fury) Phantom Cancer 230 D.

I came up with this while talking with TheBlackDragon, earlier. Tongue_out
Sure! I can test that out tomorrow.
I always live anything with stamina and MF lol, but can u test against attack?
Burn gets destroyed by attack in general and mf doesn't help it that much (even rf doesn't do much for it). I would be more interested in seeing how it holds up against anti attack, particularly Libra gb145/85/90 RF. If it can beat that, then it could find a spot, though it will be competing with phantom in the wheel slot I imagine.

@tbd: wow is NC really that scared to use rf or do they just hate fun? If that happens I personally swear to harass Dark_mousy about it every day for the following 3 months. Also might explain why you guys are having so much trouble with f230 in regular/zg.
Testing for Phantom (Metal Fury) Cancer 230 D & Meteo L Drago CH120 EWD is in the OP. I'll probably try out a few different track heights & clear wheels for Burn over the weekend.
(Dec. 05, 2013  12:19 PM)th!nk Wrote: @tbd: wow is NC really that scared to use rf or do they just hate fun? If that happens I personally swear to harass Dark_mousy about it every day for the following 3 months.

LOL, yup. They're all sissies. XD

They hate playing BB-10 because of how "long and droning" it is. Of course, all anyone uses is Dragooon BD145RDF, Dragooon F230CF, and Duo SA165.

I'm assuming all we'll have in limited format is Meteo/Gravity F230, Meteo CH120XF/EWD, and Earth LTSC's.

But yah, burn has zero Defensive ability. :\ You'd have to put it on an all-out Defensive setup to even have a chance against an Attacker with Gravity and Lightning out there, and especially with how good Beat and Cosmic are playing out to be. Like Wombat said, Burn vs. Earth is essentially Phantom vs. Duo relatively.

The question is, how does this hold up Attack-wise? Is KOing Earth _145WD with this realistic? Seeing its results against Meteo are a little bit disturbing. With Phantom 85MF KOing basically the entire Standard Format Stamina meta, I'm not sure this would be quite as effective by comparison.
(Dec. 06, 2013  1:27 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: The question is, how does this hold up Attack-wise? Is KOing Earth _145WD with this realistic? Seeing its results against Meteo are a little bit disturbing. With Phantom 85MF KOing basically the entire Standard Format Stamina meta, I'm not sure this would be quite as effective by comparison.
I'll have to do more attack testing. Honestly, I'm personally backing it for stamina, not attack. I may redo the Meteo L Drago EWD matches with immediate tornado stalling launches just to see if that makes a difference. I really do think it's a hit or miss on this one. Sometimes it attacks pretty well, but if it doesn't hit quickly or head on, it's unlikely that it'll KO later in the match.
I'll be helping test the whole "KOing stamina" part; I'm getting really comfortable with it, and the variants I've been trying (namely MF-L Burn Cygnus 85MF) can very much KO customs like Earth Cygnus W145WD and lower. I haven't had a chance to try it against taller foes, and I'd be lying if I said that didn't worry me a bit.

I've got finals tomorrow, but as soon as they're done I'll be posting lots of official tests, likely starting with this Grin
Sounds good. I can focus more on it's potential as a strictly stamina combination if you want to focus on attack Smile Burn seems to do fine against higher tracks, but it wasn't KOing consistently. Then again, my launch could be partially to blame haha
Might as well.

Testing Equipment & General Conditions (Click to View)

MF-L Burn Cancer 90 MF vs Meteo L-Drago II CH120 WD
Meteo in Barrage Mode. Meteo launched normally. Burn launched to KO (Flower Pattern)
Cancer: 11/20 (1 OS 10 KO)
L-Drago II: 9/20 (8 OS 1 KO)
Ties: 2
Cancer Win Rate: 55%

Rubber was absorbing lots of impact, nasty. Meteo has plenty of movement, and threw Cancer back off a hit just because of the impact. Cancer was throwing Meteo around, but not far enough. Usually 1-1 hits, a set up by the exit, then the finisher.

Meteo in Barrage Mode. Meteo weak launched. Burn launched to KO (Flower Pattern)
Cancer: 7/10 (4 OS 3 KO)
L-Drago II: 3/10 (2 OS 1 KO)
Cancer Win Rate: 70%

Just don't try to weak launch against Burn Cancer. If Burn stalled, it'd win. The wins were just lucky OSes and a lucky KO.

I thought doing a tournament style matchup would be interesting so..

Kujikato vs Blitz Inzori

Tournament Round style (Best of 5). Launch styles blind. Meteo in Barrage Mode.(Flower Pattern)
Round 1: Kujikato Win OS (Burn Cancer)
Round 2: Tie, Blitz Insori Win OS (Meteo)
Round 3: Tie, Blitz Inzori Win Self KO (Meteo)
Round 4: Blitz Inzori Win OS (Meteo)
Round 5: N/A
Winner: Meteo

In a tournament though, it would be hard to get a consistent KO against it, and OSing doesn't really work. Sigh, my bro beat me again, ahhahaha.
Ah, I totally forgot to include whether the match was won by OS or KO in my results & I just deleted the file lol
I think my testing for Meteo was pretty much the same though. Burn had one OS & the other wins were KOs. All of Meteo's matches were won by OS.
I never really did much research for this combo back when Ingulit posted it up, so could anybody tell me why Earth wouldn't be preferred here? The debate of Earth vs Burn for Stamina is kind of iffy, but Earth does have more defensive capabilities too. Is it because Burn is larger, like Phantom? Or maybe because it can KO Stamina types easier?
Yes, it Has more attack power than earth, while earth is used in more defensive combos Joyful_3 hope this helped Smile.
Great Combo The Supreme One! It's Pretty Cool How You Did Take Ingulit's Combo, MF-L Phantom Cygnus 85MF And Make It Into Something Similar And Your Own! Also Would You Mind If I Do Testings Using Burn Cancer/Aquario 90LF? It's Just Because LF Is The Closest Thing I Have To MF Smile Once Again, Great Combo!
(Dec. 11, 2013  2:44 AM)MidnightLWBO Wrote: Great Combo The Supreme One! It's Pretty Cool How You Did Take Ingulit's Combo, MF-L Phantom Cygnus 85MF And Make It Into Something Similar And Your Own! Also Would You Mind If I Do Testings Using Burn Cancer/Aquario 90LF? It's Just Because LF Is The Closest Thing I Have To MF Smile Once Again, Great Combo!
Thanks! I never really realized that I had adapted one of his combos; I just saw Phantom ____ 85/90 MF posted in Winning Combinations pretty often & decided to adjust it to something similar for the limited format Smile Testing that would be great to try out other options for attack, but if you have any sort of flat tip, that would probably be best to test out the type of combination Inguilt & I are going for.
Would F, WF, Or WSF Be Good?
F would probably be best Smile