Lightning L Drago F:D

It's the day everyone's been waiting for... there's a use for F:D!
Lightning L Drago F:D definitely isn't the best attack combination out there, but it puts up winning numbers against stamina combos and can be fun to use once SF retracts. Using F:D is a bit of a gamble, as it holds little attack power until the rubber kicks in, but increases in attack and stamina potential when paired with a left-spinning Beyblade.
For a decent destabilizer, try Meteo F:D.

Testing

Lightning L Drago F:D vs Meteo L Drago Ch120 EWD

Lightning wins: 14/20 (4 OS, 10 KOs; 70% win rate)
Meteo wins: 6/20 (2 KOs, 4 OS; 30% win rate)
Ties: 2

Lightning L Drago F:D vs Earth Cancer W145 WD

Lightning wins: 12/20 (All KOs; 60% win rate)
Earth wins: 8/20 (2 KOs, 6 OS; 40% win rate)

Lightning L Drago F:D vs Libra W145 WD

Lightning wins: 12/20 (All KOs; 60% win rate)
Libra wins: 8/20 (4 KOs, 4 OS; 40% win rate)
Ties: 1
I'm so testing this. I really like the potential this has.
This looks really cool, haha. Can't wait to see more tests.
It's nothing overpowering, as you can tell by my results, but just the fact that it utilizes a mode-changing performance tip makes it awesome.

I'll put up a defense test or two sometime soon.
I like it because it's fun. Id rather mess around with a combo I think is fun, than with an OP combo, haha.

PS: did u try MF-H/L with this combo?
I think Meteo L-Drago or L-Drago Destructor (in absorb mode) would slow down the gimmick of F:D, and at the end of the battle, when L-Drago spin and the same speed as it opponent, F:D is going to get in attack mode, giving a few seconds to L-Drago, make it won each time. (In theory)
It wouldn't win each time.

LDD is too light to do any major damage. Maybe LDG or Dark Knight Wyvang crystal up.
So I tested with Meteo and LDD, Meteo is probably the next-best option for this. LDD did not get good results for me.
(Aug. 07, 2014  10:04 PM)DRANZER KING Wrote: It wouldn't win each time.

LDD is too light to do any major damage. Maybe LDG or Dark Knight Wyvang crystal up.

Sure, but a spin stealing combo definetly could help F:D to keep spinning and make the gimmick start later possible. At my opinion, more later the gimmick will start, more the possibility of winning is high. But sure all this is pure theory, I don't have tested already.
Dranzer King Nope no Metal Face. I only have the uncustomizable ones, but I can do a little testing with those.

@|BeyBouncer| I did some testing with Meteo as well, & like DK said, it's too light & has too much rubber to deal heavy attack damage. Meteo FGrin isn't bad as a spin stealing destabilizer. but it's not good enough to consider as an alternate stamina option for Libra or Earth.
I did a little Meteo FGrin testing, not going to lie, like it a bit more than Lightning (but for different reasons). I like this combination for an "original" and fresh approach for an Attack custom, but I prefer it on Meteo as a Destabilizer with decent Stamina.
I actually agree, but the reason I made this thread with Lightning was because it's better in terms of success. Meteo FGrin does well, but FGrin doesn't have the LAD to beat common stamina combos.
The Supreme One, have you tried launching this thing slightly weak? So that F : D hits the stadium already in Rubber Flat mode?

It might be difficult to pull off (haven't tried it personally), but it would make for a more controlled launch and higher speed right off the bat (not to mention less possibility of KO early in the match).

Just something I thought might be interesting to try.
(Aug. 07, 2014  10:33 PM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: The Supreme One, have you tried launching this thing slightly weak? So that F : D hits the stadium already in Rubber Flat mode?

It might be difficult to pull off (haven't tried it personally), but it would make for a more controlled launch and higher speed right off the bat (not to mention less possibility of KO early in the match).

Just something I thought might be interesting to try.

I've not thinked about this, but I agree. A weak launch with F:D could be really interesting. You should try it and post results.
That's not a bad idea. I've tried weak launching a little, but it's difficult to find a balance between launching & getting SF & launching & getting a weak RF.
If you can get it right, however, that could be the better option since it would allow you to sliding shoot from the start. I'll look into it a little more.
This looks awesome, The Supreme One! Great work, as well. Smile

I myself won't be able to do testings, unless I get my hands on an F;D sometime soon, though trust me, I would've flooded this thread with test results if I had, haha.
Why thank you! Smile

I tried a little weak launching vs launching regularly & made a quick, uncut video. Like I said, it was difficult to find a balance between modes with weak launching, so I'm not sure if I did it right. First 3 matches are normal, last 4 are with a weak launch.

I remember using this combo for fun in some random battles I did awhile ago. While these results are interesting, attack types are meant to beat stamina. Not saying the combo is bad, but just wondering if you could test against other types as well.

I actually really like this combo, don't get me wrong.
Pretty sick combo. I think Meteo's better, but this is definitely a very nice replacement for it. Keep up the sick testing, and hopefully some tourney testing will come. Wink