[Takara Tomy]  Alter Chronos .8C.Ds Testing

So, seeing as customization testing threads have more or less died with Burst, I figured I would attempt to bring them back with this combo. aC .8C.Ds is a destabilizer with great potential for both burst attack and burst defense. I chose to use Destroy for its moderately aggressive performance and excellent LAD. In my preliminary testing, I also found that 8 had greater burst potential against stamina match-ups than 7 or 4, with more or less equal stamina and decided to go with it, using C as my frame because it synergized nicely with Destroy's LAD. Alas, I do not have mG yet, but I'll be able to do some additional testing with both the red and yellow versions in the coming weeks. For all of the following tests, with the exception of lS, I used single Beylauncher L and Beylauncher Rs. Additionally, none of the layers I used showed signs of wear and all testing was done in a Burst Standard Type Beystadium. So without further ado...

aC .8C.Ds vs Stamina

aC .8C.Ds vs Balance

aC .8C.Ds vs Smash Attack

Summary: To conclude, aC .8C.Ds is in many ways a jack-of-all trades, with its greatest potential being a counter to balance types and pure stamina customizations. While aC can be countered by smash attack combinations and other set-ups in which it has few opportunities for contact, its ability to handle nearly every type with a 50% win rate or better makes it a strong choice against popular customizations. Thanks for reading and keep an eye out for more tests once I'm able to get my hands on some of the newer releases :)
oh god yes these types of threads are so good

This looks like a really good Balance combo, I'll have to try this out too.

Also, I'm glad someone else finally realized the LAD properties of Cross, haha. It's better for LAD than Glaive, since Revolve and Atomic transition pretty well into it. More importantly, it doesn't have the same directional smoothness issues Glaive has in Right-spin. I thought I made a post or two about it somewhere when I first got my hands on Cross, but it must have been swept up in the dF Polish/Glaive meta... sorry for getting off track there. :p
(Jan. 12, 2018  12:21 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: oh god yes these types of threads are so good

Also, I'm glad someone else finally realized the LAD properties of Cross, haha. It's better for LAD than Glaive, since Revolve and Atomic transition pretty well into it. More importantly, it doesn't have the same directional smoothness issues Glaive has in Right-spin. I thought I made a post or two about it somewhere when I first got my hands on Cross, but it must have been swept up in the dF Polish/Glaive meta... sorry for getting off track there. :p

I was noticing that too, I just got some Glaive Frames and the LAD isn't anywhere near Cross' or even Star's
(Jan. 12, 2018  12:21 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: oh god yes these types of threads are so good

Yeah no one really posts them much anymore so I figured I'd bring it back. If you get around to doing some formal testing, feel free to share & I'll add it to the OP! I like Cross a lot for LAD - I was honestly surprised that it works as well on Destroy as it does :) I'll see if I can do a little more testing before I head back to college on Saturday, as I probably won't have much time once I'm taking classes & working again.
I would like to see how that aC balance combo performs against top tier stamina combos of now which are dC (a mould god chip) 7 cross orbit and gk(a mould god chip) 7 revolve
Wait, which mode did you use on aC?
It makes a big difference.
Shouldn't this go on the Alter Chronos testing thread? Correct me if I'm wrong...
sorry if this is late, but do you now have Maximum Garuda? if so, can you test it against it?