SA165 Discussion

I guess this part is is pretty good all-around, but has some weaknesses.

Standard Procedure
BBG-03/4 Zero-G Attack Type Stadium
BeyLauncher L/R
Launcher Rubber
Grip Rubber

Versus Attack (Click to View)
Versus Sway Defense (Click to View)
Versus Defense (Click to View)
Versus Stamina (Click to View)
Versus Spin Stealer/Equalizer (Click to View)

Closing Remarks (Click to View)
Could you try a synchrom using SA165BSF? Trying to do a Zero G Balance beyblade but i don't have a Zero G stadium (trying to buy one this month so i can test)

Also I honestly think it would do a little better against Zero-G Defense (something like 9/20, 10/20)

If you want to try it for stamina again, I think D would be better, but I'm only guessing to be honest
Which stadium was used for these tests?

Also, you probably should have done some tests to show how effectively it can be used in a Sway Attack combination; obviously it will suck against something like RS for that purpose, but against B:D, WD, etc., it works well.
Oh, sorry, it was the Zero-G Attack Type.

Also, I see your point, would CS work? WD and BGrin actually stink against sway in the same spin, but I think that CS would be a good sub.

Izhkoort, I do not have D somehow, but I can try SA165BSF. What would you like it tested against?
Hmm... I think it is much more than decent, as you said in your closing remarks. It can sway on par to E230 IMO, if not better. For defense, I would say it is only slightly worse than E230. And considering it can beat spin equalizers as well, I'd say it may be one of the top 5 tracks for ZG, easy. Just my thoughts though.

Great tests too! I'll see if I can contribute this weekend.
If you can against Zero G Attack and Zero G Defense would be awesome, the only bad thing of the set up is that you can't change SA165 between rounds, if it's good enough lol

The idea is to combine the wobbling ability of BSF with the defensive and offensive capacity of SA165
(Mar. 02, 2013  2:28 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: Also, I see your point, would CS work? WD and B:D actually stink against sway in the same spin, but I think that CS would be a good sub.

What do you mean? I was just saying that if you're going to test SA165, it would make sense to include results showing what it is best at, and that's Sway Attack versus WD and B:D-based opponents in the same spin direction.

(Mar. 02, 2013  3:00 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Hmm... I think it is much more than decent, as you said in your closing remarks. It can sway on par to E230 IMO, if not better.

You're absolutely right.
Not to argue with you Kei, but any Sway Attack Combo can done well against WD and B:D, unless I am not getting what you are saying ...
His saying that you should test ALSO against WD and B: D to prove it's good at its main job
(Mar. 04, 2013  12:59 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Not to argue with you Kei, but any Sway Attack Combo can done well against WD and B:D, unless I am not getting what you are saying ...

Yes, but SA165 (Attack Mode) helps to increase the swaying motion, making it even easier to KO those types of opponents. That's what that mode was designed to do. The same thing for E230; it was designed to increase the swaying motion of the stadium.
OK then :

Standard Procedure
Zero-G Stadium Attack Type
Launcher Grip
Grip Rubber
Beylauncher L/R
Launcher Rubber

MSF-F Balro Begirados SA165 (Attack Mode) GCF vs. MSF-H Killerken Revizer TH170WD
Defense type shot first.

BB: 9 wins, 8 KO, 1 OS
KR: 11 wins, 9 OS, 2 KO
SA165 Win Rate: 45%
Ties: 0

230 Comparison:

MSF-F Balro Begirados 230GCF vs. MSF-H Killerken Revizer TH170WD
Defense type shot first.

BB: 9 wins, 8 KO, 1 OS
KR: 11 wins, 8 OS, 3 KO
SA165 Win Rate: 45%

It shocked me how similar these results were, considering what you said Kei.
I think you will need other tip, not a tip with it's own "circle"
Wow, that is interesting. SA165 has to have some type of effect because of how low it is, though. It could just be that GCF is doing most of the work.

I don't think it will necessarily change the results if you use the same parts, but it would be good to test it against B:D as well, given how common it is in the ZERO-G metagame.
Here :

Standard Procedure
Zero-G Stadium Attack Type
Launcher Grip
Grip Rubber
Beylauncher L/R
Launcher Rubber

MSF-F Balro Begirados SA165 (Attack Mode) GCF vs. MSF-H Killerken Revizer B:D (4 min mold)
Defense type shot first.

BB: 4 wins, all KO
KR: 16 wins, 11 OS, 5 KO
SA165 Win Rate: 20%

Well, to say the least, this surprised me! I honestly though SA165 would do better given how bad B:D is against sway in the same direction ...

TH170 Comparison:

MSF-F Balro Begirados TH170GCF vs. MSF-H Killerken Revizer B:D
Defense type shot first.

BB: 5 wins, all KO
KR: 15 wins, 11 OS, 4 KO
TH170 Win Rate: 25%

What the heck. Wow. Wow. Wow. I ... I just don't know what to say ...
How did that happen? I honestly can't think of a reason why that happened.
Did you have problems to sway the stadium?because of the launch I mean

and try a different set up, not only with GCF, SA165 in attack mode has its own circle to sway the stadium, you can try f, wf, xf, gf, or even some defensive tips to make a Balance type (that's why I suggested BSF)

for defense and stamina is obvious the choice of the normal mode and has proven its value, i don't think it needs more testing, but i think a benchmark would be useful
No, I had barely any problems swaying the stadium. Almost all of Killerken's KOs were when Balro and Killerken were swaying at a high speed at the same time, and Balro would just happen to go out first.

The problem is those Bottoms (except GF) are not fast enough to sway. SA165 needs speed in order to sway.
(Mar. 09, 2013  3:33 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: No, I had barely any problems swaying the stadium. Almost all of Killerken's KOs were when Balro and Killerken were swaying at a high speed at the same time, and Balro would just happen to go out first.

The problem is those Bottoms (except GF) are not fast enough to sway. SA165 needs speed in order to sway.

When I suggested them I was thinking of SA165 Attack Mode adding them the speed its missing, but if don't work, don't work

For Balance, the beyblade would need to have the ability to wobble or to be destabilized
Yeah, I tried XF (the fastest non Circle Flat type Bottom) and it didn't have enough speed (unlike GCF) to sway even B:D.

I also tried BSF, and it didn't have enough speed or stamina to defeat a right spin Defense Type Synchrome on B:D, so I think I am going to skip testing that.
Okay, I will think of something else in the meanwhile!
Your results seemed odd to me, so I decided to do some formal testing just to see if my experiences with it thus far had been inaccurate:

ZERO-G Attack Type Stadium
Launcher Grip + Zero-G Launcher
Accessories: Grip Support, Grip Rubber, Launcher Rubber, LED Sight
Stamina type launched first

MSF-L Balro Begirados SA165 (Attack Mode) GCF vs. MSF Killerken Reviser TH170WD
MSF-L Balro Begirados SA165GCF: 16 wins (16 KO)
MSF Killerken Reviser TH170WD: 4 wins (4 KO)
SA165 Win Percentage: 80%

As I expected, WD stood little to no chance against the swaying power of SA165GCF. It only won when Balro Begirados landed a hit, then self-KOed.

MSF-L Balro Begirados SA165 (Attack Mode) GCF vs. MSF Killerken Reviser B:D
MSF-L Balro Begirados SA165GCF: 13 wins (13 KO)
MSF Killerken Reviser B:D: 7 wins (7 KO)
SA165 Win Percentage: 65%

Same deal as the previous results, except B:D was more difficult to sway.

I don't understand why there is such a disparity between our results, *Ginga*. What strikes me as odd more than the win percentage disparity is how many times the Stamina combo you were using OSed SA165GCF; as you can see, it didn't happen even once in my results.
Maybe it is my launch? IDK how we did get those different results ...

I'll retest when I have time.

By the way, how do you like the Balro Begirados setup?
Redone tests:

Standard Procedure
Zero-G Attack Type Stadium
Launcher Grip + Beylauncher L/R
Accessories: Grip Rubber, Launcher Rubber
Stamina type launched first

MSF-L Balro Begirados SA165 (Attack Mode) GCF vs. MSF-H Killerken Reviser TH170WD
MSF-L Balro Begirados SA165GCF: 10 wins, 9 KO, 1 OS
MSF-H Killerken Reviser TH170WD: 10 wins, 5 KO, 5 OS
SA165 Win Percentage: 50%

Balro actaully did pretty well the first ten rounds, it was the second ten that killed it. On all of the OSs, they were mostly wall saves by the exit that put it back in the middle and have it win.

MSF-L Balro Begirados SA165 (Attack Mode) GCF vs. MSF-H Killerken Reviser B:D (4 min mold)
MSF-L Balro Begirados SA165GCF: 5 wins, all KO
MSF-H Killerken Reviser B:D: 15 wins, 10 OS, 1 KO
SA165 Win Percentage:

Same situation on the OSs, except B:D was harder to KO.

Just to confirm: We are thinking of the same "Attack mode" right? Disk down, I mean?

I still don't know what the difference in our results was ...

I'll retest again this weekend if I have time.
Maybe you should improve your launching, not to be rude or anything, but it seems to be that the difference
Try MSF Revizer Revizer SA165SB
I think it may be good for sway defense
(Mar. 13, 2013  1:06 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: Maybe you should improve your launching, not to be rude or anything, but it seems to be that the difference

I take no offense in that at all, actually, I totally would be I offended if it was my launch.

In the case that it is my launch, I do not know what I should base my launch off of ...