MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145 RDF (IT'S BACK IN ZERO-G)

Insomniac mentioned it, so I'd thought I'd test it.

Standard Procedure
Zero G Attack Type Stadium
BeyLauncher LR
Launcher Rubber

MF-H GP (Stam, left spin) BD145 RDF vs Duo Sagittario II 230 BWD
Duo launched first ten rounds, the GP next ten.

Duo: 9 wins, all OS
Gravity: 11 wins, all OS
Win Rate: 55%
It was much better than this makes it look, lol.

Spin stealing yo, Gravity Tank is back.

Duo Sagittario W145 BWD vs. MF-H GP (Stam, left spin) BD145 RDF
First ten Duo launched first, next ten GP.

Ties: 12
Duo: 5 wins, all OS
GP: 15 wins, all OS
Win Rate: 75%

Interesting ...

MF-H Gravity Perseus (Stam, left spin) BD145 RDF vs. Duo Sagittario II B:D
Duo launched first ten rounds, then GP.

Ties: 9
Duo: 16 wins, all oS
GP: 4 wins, all OS
Win Rate: 20%

MF-H Gravity Perseus (Stam, left spin) BD145 RDF vs. Flash Scorpio 160 RF

Flash: 8 wins, 5 KO, 3 OS
GP: 12 wins, 9 OS, 3 KO
Win Rate: 60%

MF-H Gravity Perseus(Defense mode, left spin) BD145 RDF v/s Phantom Cancer B: D
Gravity: 0/20 (5 floor scrapes)
Phantom: 20/20 (all OS)
Win rate: 0%

MF-H Gravity Perseus(Defense Mode, Left Spin) BD145 RDF v/s Phantom Cancer 230 CS
Gravity: 16/20 (all OS)
Phantom : 4/20 (all OS, Gravity floor scraped)
Win rate: 80%

MF-H Gravity Perseus(Defense Mode, left spin) BD145 RDF v/s Variares H145 R2F
Gravity: 3/20 (all Variares self KO)
Variares: 17/20 (15 Gravity floor scrape, 2 KO)
Win rate: 15%

Sorry for double post, but I did informal tests against Flash Scorpio 160RF and it dominated. It's RDF saved it from KO, and it spin stealed like a boss.
Test results?And,correct me if i'm wrong,wouldn't 230 wobble EVEN MORE with BWD?
There are results, and you are incorrect. Besides, as of right now, BWD is the best bottom for stamina.
how does BD145 not scrape in a zero-g stadium? i tried this combo in a zero-g stadium a few months back and GP had to be VERY weakly launched in order to not self KO, and that meant that sometimes it would completely topple over due to it's low spin rate. could you describe in further detail how your test battles panned out?
(Nov. 05, 2012  2:59 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: There are results, and you are incorrect. Besides, as of right now, BWD is the best bottom for stamina.

Are you sure? Are there any test result to back it up?
You should state was rotation Perseus was spinning at in the OP, since it was not very clear to me, until the second last sentence: "Spin Stealing yo".

(Nov. 05, 2012  2:53 PM)wpardin Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2012  2:59 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: There are results, and you are incorrect. Besides, as of right now, BWD is the best bottom for stamina.

Are you sure? Are there any test result to back it up?

I am not sure there are formal tests, but Blitz apparently did extremely well with Duo SA165(normal)BWD. He even stated that it OS various B:D combos.
Sorry Cannon, I thought it was assumed. My fault.

slyx: You see, I have to launch it straight on its tip, no angles at all. That works.

wpardin: Ah, check out BWD discussion, it shows how well it does. Though remember I meant bottom, not 4D bottom, like BGrin, etc.

I would like to see these tests for myself. I can complete the first combo, but sadly, I don't have Duo or BWD. How should I make sure these tests are accurate?
Well, I think what you can do is launch GP as hard and as straight as you can in the stadium, and tell us whether it scraped or not.
More tests!

Standard Procedure
Zero G Attack Type Stadium
BeyLauncher LR
Launcher Rubber

Duo Sagittario W145 BWD vs. MF-H GP (Stam, left spin) BD145 RDF
First ten Duo launched first, next ten GP.

Ties: 12
Duo: 5 wins, all OS
GP: 15 wins, all OS
Win Rate: 75%

Interesting ...
Could you test it against MSF Killerken Dragoon 160/SA165 LRF/RF?

EDITGaspk,then how about MSF Saramanda Reviser 160MF?
btw, you counted wrong: gravity has 16 wins in those results. can you explain the discrepancies between when gravity was launched first as opposed to duo? i.e. how the battles differed in terms of behaviors of the two customs
I did not count wrong.

Gravity scraped more when it was launched second, but it usually did not make a difference. It would get back up, and spin steal like a boss.

SO MANY TIES LOL
Most battles were close, but Gravity would spin steal a tiny bit more, and win.

@Virus: I can't, sorry.

I did some quick tests with the normal version.

MF-H Gravity Perseus(Defense mode, left spin) BD145 RDF v/s Phantom Cancer B: D
Gravity: 0/20 (5 floor scrapes)
Phantom: 20/20 (all OS)
Win rate: 0%

MF-H Gravity Perseus(Defense Mode, Left Spin) BD145 RDF v/s Phantom Cancer 230 CS
Gravity: 16/20 (all OS)
Phantom : 4/20 (all OS, Gravity floor scraped)
Win rate: 80%

MF-H Gravity Perseus(Defense Mode, left spin) BD145 RDF v/s Variares H145 R2F
Gravity: 3/20 (all Variares self KO)
Variares: 17/20 (15 Gravity floor scrape, 2 KO)
Win rate: 15%

This combo is dependant on one's launch to a great extent. If it fails to land properly, it scrapes and gets OS. It is also susceptible to scraping against anything that can make the stadium sway. And, as one would expect, it is still nowhere close to Phantom on B: D
More tests!

MF-H Gravity Perseus (Stam, left spin) BD145 RDF vs. Duo Sagittario II B:D
Duo launched first ten rounds, then GP.

Ties: 9
Duo: 16 wins, all oS
GP: 4 wins, all OS
Win Rate: 20%

MF-H Gravity Perseus (Stam, left spin) BD145 RDF vs. Flash Scorpio 160 RF

Flash: 8 wins, 5 KO, 3 OS
GP: 12 wins, 9 OS, 3 KO
Win Rate: 60%

As of right now, I have finished the tests I wanted to get done for this.

I always assumed this Set Up would be good since with Weak Launch RDF to me is the most trustworthy D tip in Zero-G. If only when I used mine it didn't scrape bad once... I'm currious to see a serious weakness though. I'll think of some opponents later. Will Edit Later.
How beat up does the bey get though? With BD145 any sort of hardhit must kill it right? Then it spinsteals to win?
If you are talking about the battles against Falsh, it depends. Flash can get good hits, but usually GP gets a wall save, and like you said, spin steals to victory.
No MFs/MSFs, Gravity launched first, then Dragoooon Begirados, and alternated.

Gravity Perseus BD145RDF (Defense) vs. Dragooon Begirados 130BWD
GP wins: 5 wins (4 KO, 1 OS)
DB wins: 15 wins (8 KO, 7 OS

GP win rate: 25%
I wanted to try a simple combo so I just came up with that. Gravity rarely managed to spin steal unless it was low on rotations and Gravity had the advantage in terms of attack because of reverse rotation. However, that sort of killed its advantage as it would usually force BWD to scrape and Gravity would have to deal with... Dragooon. Dragooon had some nice smash as well whenever it faced Gravity and Begirados was just a buffer. Most of the time, the smash attacks would end up with BD145 jumping all around to the last few rotations whereas DB would still have way more spin and Gravity couldn't spin steal enough.
(Nov. 05, 2012  4:44 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Well, I think what you can do is launch GP as hard and as straight as you can in the stadium, and tell us whether it scraped or not.

I just tried that. It scrapes, from what I've seen from many different scenarios. Before I jump to conclusion, I need to explain. The thing is that BD will NOT do well, unless the bey remains in the center the ENTIRE time. The other thing is RDF. RDF has a narrow flat bottom (in which I would be surprised if you didn't know that). With the flat bottom, in will naturally start circling which will lead to RDF going into it's 'Insane' mode (where it goes crazy/ D mode). In the 'insane' mode, it will start circling and Self KO if it isn't heavy enough (meaning synchrom). Then, Gravity is too light and can be moved VERY easily (from being too light) EVEN IF it is in the oposite spin direction of the opponent. Overall, RDF will automatically go crazy in the Zero G stadium after a short period of time and Self KO if not synchromed (which is why Gravity is a bit too light). Not to mention that with just a BIT of movement (which can EASILY happen from RDF and Gravity), BD145 would scrape. Basically, it has a LOT of negatives. Either it will scrape naturally after lauching in the center from RDF moving, it can easily be swayed or KO'ed due to lack of weight, it can easily be destabilized, the spin steal isn't really effective, and it lacks stamina. Overall, it's a good idea, but the current parts don't work too well with eachother, Although I do feel that we can improve this combo.
I really think switching out a couple of the parts would be a good idea like switching BD145 with E230 since it provides the weight provided by BD145 and has little scrapage. I also feel that RDF should be switched with BWD since it has the stamina of a D tip and since *Ginga* said it doesn't go crazy in the Zero-G stadium like the other D tips.

Well, that's my opinion. I do feel we need more people to test this combo to see if it works well or not and also more opinions on customizing the combo.
(Nov. 05, 2012  10:03 PM)*Billy* Wrote: I always assumed this Set Up would be good since with Weak Launch RDF to me is the most trustworthy D tip in Zero-G. If only when I used mine it didn't scrape bad once... I'm currious to see a serious weakness though. I'll think of some opponents later. Will Edit Later.
How beat up does the bey get though? With BD145 any sort of hardhit must kill it right? Then it spinsteals to win?
Actually, once BD145 begins scraping, it has no chance to get back into the battle. It might just be me launching it wrong, but that particular combo fails horribly to anything that can make the stadium sway.
@*Ginga* can you please make a video to show how exactly you launch it? Because I am getting results that are completely contrary to yours, and surely the stamina version cannot make such a huge difference, no?
That is probably correct, it could not make a huge difference. But, i had some battles (in attack and stamina situation) where BD145 would scrape, but it would get back up, go to the center, and it could manage to spin steal for a). a tie or b). a win.

I can make a video, but I can explain as well. Basically, what I do is hold the launcher over the center of the stadium, and instead of pulling out, I pull directly up. you see, if you pull out, you get the hand that your launcher is in to move, causing scrape. If you pull directly up, your hand barely moves, and the launch is straight.

Did you see my Flash tests?
As I JUST said, it naturally WILL scrape even if you launch it straight since RDF will naturally start circling and then (if it didn't have BD145) it will go crazy and self KO in the Zero G stadium, but since it has BD145, instead of going crazy, it will scrape until it has little to no spin left. Also, Gravity doesn't spin steal very effectivley, but even if it did, it wouldn't be able to OS the opposing beyblady most of the time since RDF is mad of Rubber which increases friction and reduces stamina.
(Nov. 06, 2012  12:55 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: That is probably correct, it could not make a huge difference. But, i had some battles (in attack and stamina situation) where BD145 would scrape, but it would get back up, go to the center, and it could manage to spin steal for a). a tie or b). a win.

I can make a video, but I can explain as well. Basically, what I do is hold the launcher over the center of the stadium, and instead of pulling out, I pull directly up. you see, if you pull out, you get the hand that your launcher is in to move, causing scrape. If you pull directly up, your hand barely moves, and the launch is straight.

Did you see my Flash tests?

In my test, Gravity never won a single round when it scraped and it only scraped because it suffered hard hits from Dragooon Begirados