Ifraid Dragooon F : D

I know that you are probably already laughing at the combo, but humor me for a min. So we all know that F : D works off centrifugal force to mode swap. I recently had the thought that another factor comes into play with its mode swap…..weight. The tip will obviously retract sooner if the bey is heavier, because, well, it is what is supporting the weight of the bey. This theory brought me to trying F : D on synchromes. And let me tell you, I was surprised because this has shown results in OSing (and sometimes KOing) defense, KOing stamina, and even acting like an anti-attack combo!

I know in the past, several people have tried weak launching F : D combos so that the SF mode doesn’t activate, and the bey just doesn’t have the speed to KO anything. With the weight of synchromes, you can launch stronger without activating SF, and from my experience, still have enough speed to KO.

With this particular combo, you get 2 benefits of weak launching, one to get max speed and control with the RF mode, and two, the spin steal of a left spin combo. The first couple of hits really take a chunk out of the opponent’s stamina if it doesn’t just out right KO them. And Because F : D is so wide, the combo is actually quite stable at the end of a battle, which really helps it (in spite of the rubber) OS an opponent it couldn’t or didn’t KO.

Parts explanation: (Click to View)

The launch: (Click to View)

Now on to the tests:
I am going ahead and apologizing for not having every top tier combo. I just got into Beyblade a few months ago and I am still working on building up my collection.

BB-10 attack stadium
Beylauncher L, Beylauncher, launcher rubbers on both
On all Basalt combos, Kerbecs was aligned properly (a full chain across from staircase, and where 2 chains meet over staircase)

Ifraid Dragooon F : D vs. MF-Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS (calm) (Click to View)

I did some tests against Basalt Kerbecs 230CS, but I cannot find where I wrote them down. However, the only time Ifraid Dragooon F : D didn’t KO Basalt Kerbecs 230CS was the one or two times I self KOed from a bad launch. Well, I wanted to see if E230 could do any better. The disk on E230 was not in boost mode (the disk was pointing down where it can move up and down more)

Ifraid Dragooon F : D vs. MF-Basalt Kerbecs E230CS (calm) (Click to View)

Ifraid Dragooon F : D vs. Death Bull W145WD (new WD) (Click to View)

I did some anti-attack testing, even though it’s really hard to do by yourself.

Ifraid Dragooon F : D vs. MF-Beat Lynx GB145R2F (prime) (Click to View)

Attack Benchmark: (Click to View)

Side note: (Click to View)

Conclusion: (Click to View)

I would love some feedback on this, and hopefully some of you with more parts and experience could do some tests!

Thank you Meow! for your videos on how to launch Beat (they helped me extremely). And a huge thank you to Ingulit and Dark_Mousy for reviewing/editing the draft of this thread!!

Updates:
Ifraid Dragooon F : D vs. MF-Duo Bull BD145CS
Standard procedure
Banked ID, shot hard enough not to activate SF
Straight shot Duo
ID - 15 wins (all OS)
DB - 5 wins (all OS)
6 Ties, all redone
Ifraid Dragooon win % = 75%

Ifraid Dragooon F : D vs. Duo Bull 230D
Standard Procedure
ID banked, shot hard enough to not activate SF
DB straight shot
ID - 7 wins (all KO)
DB - 13 wins (all OS)
ID win % = %35

Ifraid Dragooon vs. MF-Flash Scorpio W145R2F (prime)
I launched Flash, my buddy launched Ifraid Dragooon
Beylauncher, and Beylauncher L/R
BB-10 attack stadium
ID - 15 wins (7 KOs, 8 OS)
FS - 5 wins (all KO)
ID win % = 75%
Everything you've tested it against is outclassed.
I clearly stated that I understand these are not top tier combos, and that this was just a start to get the idea out there. Maybe you could help me out with some tests?
Well i ask people to test out this combo with other top tier beys.
(Sep. 10, 2012  4:34 PM)pranzdiv123 Wrote: Well i ask people to test out this combo with other top tier beys.

I'll do some test after work
This combo is... weird. I'd say.
I messed around with F: D spinning left a while ago. Worked quite well. It didn't quite beat anything I tried. Came very close every time though.
Did you try it with a synchrome? The weight makes a big difference.

And yes Chips, this is a weird combo, but it is a lot of fun.

Thank you Mousy! Looking forward to them!

As far as top tier goes, I just got Flash, and when I get a little more comfortable with using it, I am going to do my best to test against some Flash combos.
(Sep. 10, 2012  5:56 PM)Whtdrgn Wrote: Did you try it with a synchrome? The weight makes a big difference.

No, just some of the left spinning MFB.
Hay can some one make a video of it in action
(Sep. 10, 2012  11:46 PM)matakj09 Wrote: Hay can some one make a video of it in action

I can't make any promises, but I will try this weekend. I don't have a video camera but my parents do, and if the wife and I go to visit them this weekend, I will make a video.
I Don't Really Trust That The Combo Is That Good For Some Reason..........
this combo is awesome im gonna make it as soon as i get the parts
(Sep. 11, 2012  1:26 AM)BeybladePants11 Wrote: I Don't Really Trust That The Combo Is That Good For Some Reason..........

I can understand your doubt, but I promise you those are real results. It is all about the launch and finding out which launch is best for which opponent, then practicing that launch to where you can do it consistently. Kind of like how MLD CH120XF was.
Even though people test it and say it is good we need to see tournament results with this combo.
(Sep. 11, 2012  2:13 AM)?Mr.MyStery? Wrote: Even though people test it and say it is good we need to see tournament results with this combo.

No we don't. That makes no sense whatsoever. We just need someone good at testing to test this against top tier stuff.
(Sep. 11, 2012  7:15 AM)Ultra Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2012  2:13 AM)?Mr.MyStery? Wrote: Even though people test it and say it is good we need to see tournament results with this combo.

No we don't. That makes no sense whatsoever. We just need someone good at testing to test this against top tier stuff.
But aren't tournament results more important to see if this combo could do well because there is a huge difference by testing on their own and seeing how good this does in tournaments and even though a person is good at testing tests against top-tier stuff it would still need tournament results just to see how good it is cause as I said testing on your own and tournament results are different I am not trying to argue with you....I was just trying to tell that we need tournament results after further testing.I am not saying this combo is bad it just needs tournament results.
Um no... People usually use it in a tournament after testing is done here. Also you're saying something so obvious it doesn't even need posting.
(Sep. 11, 2012  12:11 PM)?Mr.MyStery? Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2012  7:15 AM)Ultra Wrote:

But aren't tournament results more important to see if this combo could do well because there is a huge difference by testing on their own and seeing how good this does in tournaments and even though a person is good at testing tests against top-tier stuff it would still need tournament results just to see how good it is cause as I said testing on your own and tournament results are different I am not trying to argue with you....I was just trying to tell that we need tournament results after further testing.I am not saying this combo is bad it just needs tournament results.

Every combination needs to be proven at tournaments, but people generally only start using things at tournaments after they have been tested.

So - Not only is your post completely unnecessary as ultra said - it's just a general thing that goes without saying for all combinations, but it's not even the top priority at the moment.

The whole post strikes me as trying to sound smart without saying anything of use or relevance, honestly, especially as "what is needed" had already been thoroughly addressed by others well before you posted.
Tried this combo against my custom combo Killerken Goreim SA165WSF (No msf for both) in the Zero G Stadium...

Ifraid Dragooon always had the advantage of left rotation over my combo since it isn't supposed to respond to attacks from the opposite direction and kept winning.

I then switched SA165 from normal mode to attack mode and...

Ifraid Dragooon seemed to have hit a wall and started losing like mad Uncertain. It couldn't even beat my combo unless SA165WSF lost control (when WSF has less grip on the stadium over SA) or was next to an exit pocket.

But it's zero g stadium but I just wanted to throw it out there. BB-10, ID had to KO it early or It'd be countered.
(Sep. 11, 2012  8:53 PM)BH145WD Wrote: But it's zero g stadium but I just wanted to throw it out there. BB-10, ID had to KO it early or It'd be countered.

Awesome! Thank you for the input!

The good thing is you saw that ID had the ability to KO it. Did you try all 3 launches? (i.e. Launch full power, launch hard enough to activate SF for a short amount of time, and launch just hard enough not to activate SF) If you did try them all, which one worked the best? In the BB-10.
(Sep. 11, 2012  9:49 PM)Whtdrgn Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2012  8:53 PM)BH145WD Wrote: But it's zero g stadium but I just wanted to throw it out there. BB-10, ID had to KO it early or It'd be countered.

Awesome! Thank you for the input!

The good thing is you saw that ID had the ability to KO it. Did you try all 3 launches? (i.e. Launch full power, launch hard enough to activate SF for a short amount of time, and launch just hard enough not to activate SF) If you did try them all, which one worked the best? In the BB-10.

Weak launches forced Killerken Goreim to lose stamina slightly faster but ID wouldn't win since it was a weak launch and ID couldn't KO it unless Killerken Goreim lost control or ID bumped it near the stadium out area.

Full power launch provided the same results but longer battles for me Uncertain
Finally got my Duo!

Ifraid Dragooon F : D vs. MF-Duo Bull BD145CS
Standard procedure
Banked ID, shot hard enough not to activate SF
Straight shot Duo
ID - 15 wins (all OS)
DB - 5 wins (all OS)
6 Ties, all redone
Ifraid Dragooon win % = 75%

ID would constantly knock Duo off balance with one or two hits, and then come around, hit it again forcing Duo to scrape. This type of launch was the first and only launch I tried. I have not tried any of the other launches to see if they work better. The times Duo would win, it was because it was almost tornado stalling ID. It wasn't on the tornado ridge, but it was circling just far enough away that ID couldn't leach any spin. Honestly, the ties were probably in IDs favor, but I wanted to record obvious wins. I will work on testing against more Duo combos tonight.
That results doesn't really surprise me considering its a defence combo. Looking forward to some Duo stamina results.
Ifraid Dragooon F : D vs. Duo Bull 230D
Standard Procedure
ID banked, shot hard enough to not activate SF
DB straight shot
ID - 7 wins (all KO)
DB - 13 wins (all OS)
ID win % = %35

Duo 230D is definitely hard to beat, and ID cannot OS it. I am happy that ID has the ability to KO it, but I cannot do it consistently with the little bit of practice I've had. It was really hard for ID to get a clean hit on DB. A lot of the times when they would connect passing each other, it almost seemed like DB would jump ID. There were so many times when ID would get a good clean hit or push, DB was by a freakin wall. I am going to continue to try different launches to see if I can find one that works a little more consistent.