MyBB Code [Guide]

Poll: What do you think about the guide?

Your obsession with MyCode is overwhelming.
44.44%
Nice guide.
54.32%
Bad guide.
1.23%
Total: 100% 81 vote(s)
MyCode

An exhaustive breakdown.

I know this exists. But this a elaboration. An extensive elaboration. What is wrong with me? My obsession with the simplicity of MyCode has reached near critical levels. I wanted needed to write a guide.

1. The Basics
  2. Spoilers
  3. Naming Spoilers
  4. Image Links
  5. Quotes
  6. Lists
  7. Numbered List
  8. Re-sizing Images
  9. Using the toolbar
  10. Close Tags:
  11. Strikeout
  12. Getting image URLs

13. Tagging People

I hope this guide helped! You can also check this one out for your user control panel.
Nice guide! I hope it covers some things that the MyCode doesn't.
(Jul. 20, 2012  12:48 PM)Ginga Blader#1 Wrote: Nice guide! I hope it covers some things that the MyCode doesn't.

Eh, mainly just elaboration. The two main things were the "image linking" and the "custom spoiler text" part.
nice thread Imsomnia!the only code i knew was hoe to put stuff in spoilers nothing else Tongue_out thanks to your thread its really easy to uderstand the coding stuff... Smile thanks again xD
(Jul. 20, 2012  5:12 PM)gameboysuperman Wrote: nice thread Imsomnia!the only code i knew was hoe to put stuff in spoilers nothing else Tongue_out thanks to your thread its really easy to uderstand the coding stuff... Smile thanks again xD

Helping out where I can Wink

Basically I thought I would tackle the basics of MyCode. Once you get the basics, its all really simple. The main reason for creating the guide though (I am writing up some more stuff, will be posted soon) is because nothing ticks me off more than seeing people with broken codes/spoiler brackets.
Well done, Insomniac! Waiting for the next update... Wink
(Jul. 20, 2012  7:44 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: Well done, Insomniac! Waiting for the next update... Wink

Thank you Smile

I will get writing when I have time Cute
This guide is really well written! I actually didn't know about the lists, so you taught me something, haha. Hope this helps new members. If there's a way to make sure new members have easy access to this thread, that'd be great (Maybe include a link in the welcome PM?).
(Jul. 20, 2012  10:44 PM)Sparta Wrote: This guide is really well written! I actually didn't know about the lists, so you taught me something, haha. Hope this helps new members. If there's a way to make sure new members have easy access to this thread, that'd be great (Maybe include a link in the welcome PM?).

Ha, if a link was included in the welcome PM, I would be honoured XD

Still in alpha mode though, things will be added soon!

Oh, the mysteries of MyCode ... I honestly think I am obsessed with MyCode :\
Look at you, writin' extensive tutorials and such Tongue_out

But really, great job on it!
(Jul. 20, 2012  11:12 PM)Tech Wrote: Look at you, writin' extensive tutorials and such Tongue_out

Making up for my mistakes, one awesome thread at a time Wink
What? awesome? Are you joking?...

Just kidding, this guide is very helpful. lol
(Jul. 20, 2012  11:20 PM)TriSix Wrote: What? awesome? Are you joking?...

Yeah, probably. More like:

epykpeanutbutterjellytime awesomeness.

Thanks though Wink

HTML has some serious mad jelly towards the simplicity of MyCode. I can feel it.
LOL, Insomiac gimme code.
(Jul. 22, 2012  3:42 AM)KnightIfraid15 Wrote: LOL, Insomiac gimme code.

U WANT CODE BRO? U WANT CODE?

Just kidding, though I'll take that as a "Nice guide dude!".

But yeah, I think I can answer any questions regarding the use of MyCode on this forum. Just ask if needed Smile
I think I've pretty much finished the guide. If there is anything I need to add, just tell me. Also, feel free to post any questions regarding MyCode features on this forum.
That's a great guide, Insomniac! Grin

(Jul. 20, 2012  12:51 PM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2012  12:48 PM)Ginga Blader#1 Wrote: Nice guide! I hope it covers some things that the MyCode doesn't.

Eh, mainly just elaboration. The two main things were the "image linking" and the "custom spoiler text" part.

Ah yes, the elaboration seemed to be quite important.
Even though the WBO Help Section does give information about the use of MyCode on this Forum, certain people fail to understand it and hence end up asking questions about it in certain threads(no wonder certain newbies would picture you as a mad scientist to call MyCode "simple", LOL!).
Or rather, they just don't read the Help Section...

So yeah, even though you have just elaborated on what was already given in WBO's Help Section, it does have a lot of significance; provided members actually read it(well, if they don't care to read the "short and sweet" Help Section, they'd actually never come here, haha!)... Smile
The "most-asked" question on the WBO regarding MyCode is how to make spoilers. Because they aren't included in the help section.

The guide will hopefully get people to understand the basics (the [***] and [/***] tags). Because I see a lot of members forgetting to close tags or erase the last bracket from a tag.

Long story short, it ticks me off to see broken codes, haha.
Ah yes, I know how people usually ask about Spoilers. Smile

Aaaand, this guide succeeds in explaining the basics of MyCode very well!
Maybe you'd like to know-

[spoiler]Insomniac is awesome!

Sorry for ticking you off, haha!
Its worse when people forget the [/quote] tags. Really.

It feels incomplete.

Also, its funny when you referred to me as a "mad-scientist". Because my previous username was indeed "SarabScientist"!
Even after this, I can almost bet someone will ask "How do you put images in your signature?"

But I love how you're making up for your little "mistakes."

Hope you write more, SarabScientist
-Takasu the Mouse
Haha, in my other guide (User CP) it shows how to do stuff with your signature.
I Never Knew You Could Resize Things Through MyBB Anyway, Great Guide!
(Aug. 11, 2012  12:29 PM)麦わらルフィ Wrote: I Never Knew You Could Resize Things Through MyBB Anyway, Great Guide!

Well now you know Wink
how do i get the url?