Toronto Beyblade Burst Tournament Report: BEYBLADE SHOGATSU 2019

[Image: S7xileh.png]

TORONTO BEYBLADE BURST TOURNAMENT REPORT

January 19, 2019 at Anime Shogatsu 2019
Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

BURST FORMAT

[Image: vdWTAgP.jpg]
All 32 finalists and David Reale, VA of Tsubasa and Kai!

The Second Largest Event in WBO History

With 166 participants, this tournament was the second largest in the WBO’s ten year history, just behind the Beytuber Brawl in New York last year, which had 172 participants. And it was therefore also the largest event in the Toronto community’s history, smashing the previous record of 77 set at BEYBLADE NORTH 2018!

This was our fourth straight year hosting an event at Anime Shogatsu and last year we only had 31 participants. So needless to say, 166 was a big step up for us!

The Toronto community–as well as Beyblade Burst in general–has been doing well lately, but even I was surprised by this massive upswing in attendance. Our regular events have been pulling in 30-50 players recently, so given that this event was first posted at the end of November which allowed for it to build up for several months, I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised.

Nevertheless, as the attendance number rose, the level of seriousness also rose. Even before the event was posted I had taken the time to rebrand the event and create a new logo for the first time in three years, but I felt a stronger sense of responsibility as time went on that went beyond a merely the cosmetic makeover.

Seeing those attendance numbers rising–especially as we reaching the 80+ mark it became more imperative that I consider every aspect of how the event would be run.

Before I get to that however, I’d like to talk about the metagame at the tournament itself as for most people I know that will be the most interesting for most of you reading. See below.

The Tournament – Metagame

BEYBLADE SHOGATSU 2019 Metagame Report (Click to View)

The Tournament – Organization

Organizational Breakdown & Analysis (Click to View)

Suggestions for Future Large-Scale Events (100+ Participants)

Improvement Suggestions (Click to View)

Acknowledgements

Acknowledgements List (Click to View)

Winning Combinations

Winning Combinations List (Click to View)

More Photos

Photo Gallery (Click to View)

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions about this event, please feel free to post below!

More Beyblade Tournament Reports

Beyblade Tournament Reports List (Click to View)
If BeyChannel video coming?
Will you be selling any extend plus' soon?
(Jan. 26, 2019  9:30 AM)ks123 Wrote: If BeyChannel video coming?

I didn't have time to shoot much footage, so unfortunately there will not be one.

(Jan. 26, 2019  6:29 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: Will you be selling any extend plus' soon?

Probably not. Sorry!
Thanks for the report Kei, was looking forward to it after the number of joining members going up! So thank you! I can see that you were super busy, but was the interview with David Reale successful? Were you able to make it?
Not sure where my mind is at with the participation cap. It has it's pros and cons. Since I am not part of rhe organiser' circle, I couldn't view the link. But I had an idea in mind I would like to share, is there any way WBO could introduce a 'waiting list' kind of feature regarding tournament participation cap? I am not very good at explaining things in detail, but I will try my best, apologise for small mistakes.
Again, just a thought, surely, there are flaws in it. I am still working on it. But would love to hear other people's opinion!
Don't worry about it.