Toronto Beyblade Tournaments Weekend Report: BEYBLADE NORTH 2018 (MFL/BST)

[Image: Z4eu0Wt.png]

TORONTO BEYBLADE TOURNAMENTS WEEKEND REPORT

May 25–26, 2018 at Anime North 2018 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
METAL FIGHT LIMITED & BURST FORMATS

MFL OFFICIAL EVENT PAGEBST OFFICIAL EVENT PAGERESULTS SPREADSHEET (MFL) • RESULTS SPREADSHEET (BST - Coming soon)

-

Please check out the above videos for a recap of how each BEYBLADE NORTH 2018 tournament went! Below, I first talk about our experience at Anime North in general as well as some organizational improvements that were made for this year.

If you’d like to read about the tournaments themselves, please scroll down!

Reflecting on 10 Years of Anime North Beyblade Events

2018 marked the 10th anniversary of our first event at Anime North, the aptly named “BEYBLADE’S NOT DEAD!”. Recognizing this anniversary in the planning for our events this year at Anime North 2018 was both important as a reason to evaluate how we’ve done over the past decade, and important to me personally as the anniversary of the first tournament I ever participated in as a member of this community.

[Image: 2qxqKlX.jpg]

If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the past ten years, it’s that change is constant. Both in Beyblade, the community, and in life. Whether you want to take that as something to hang your head about or to take it as something encouraging to help you appreciate what you have when you have it is up to you entirely. The Beyblades we use may shift with every new release and every new series and the people we form relationships with may change or move on, but it’s what we do in this moment that is real and that matters the most.

[Image: dQUSXic.jpg]

What I have seen and tried to appreciate each and every year at Anime North is the function it serves not only as a venue for some of the most competitive and challenging tournaments the WBO has to offer, but more importantly as a way for people to meet. The same can be said for our regular local community events, but this is heightened immensely at Anime North because of the international nature of the event. As always, this year brought bladers from Canada, the United States, and United Kingdom together all for one weekend.

What should Anime North really be?

After I inherited the responsibility for the Anime North events from Bey Brad in 2010 with BEYBLADE REVIVAL CUP, I think the expectation I set for myself was to push to make future events as big and awesome as was possible. We were in a period of massive growth for the WBO back around this time with the launch of Metal Fight Beyblade worldwide as Beyblade: Metal Fusion, and the name of the events in 2011/2012 being BEYBLADE CRUSADE was quite literal.

I’d built up this image in my head as these events being extremely important for the community, but there was always a balance to be struck between using the opportunity to appease the most hardcore players of our community and using the platform of Anime North as a showcase for WBO and Beyblade in general.

And really, I feel that looking at conventions like Anime North and the opportunity they present for Organizers to grow their local community is in some ways a representation of the conflict the WBO itself is constantly facing: making competitive play approachable for new players while also satisfying the hardcore players who are often the volunteer Organizers that keep their community alive.

[Image: 4BMASDV.jpg]

Over the years Anime North sort of continued expanding in scope, going from a single event on Saturday at the convention, to two events over two days, to three events over three days, to multiple events over the weekend combined with a North American Championship where Bladers qualified at local tournaments in 2013, to five events over three days (videos for MFL, MFB, HMS, and ZRG) in 2014 where we also did the NA championship again. In 2015 and 2017 we also did Team Format, which while a great format, also demands some specific conditions for it to be really successful and is less approachable for newcomers.

[Image: a3UU2zj.jpg]

The weekend became exactly what I had wanted it to be back in 2010. The excitement in the community became increasingly palpable as the stakes were raised seemingly every year (with the peak being 2014). But going into this year, I became more cognisant of this history and began to question “What should Anime North really be?”. The answer for me was to scale things back.

Since 2016 and then into 2017, we had already started taking some steps towards this by doing away with the North American Championship component and focusing on creating a standardized brand for the tournament that meshed more closely with the branding for the convention (“BEYBLADE NORTH”).

[Image: yCIq7Zp.jpg]

What made the original years at Anime North so special was that there was just one tournament and that the rest of the weekend could be enjoyed with friends in the community, many of whom had traveled far distances and who you didn’t see often without the pressure of hosting or playing in event after event after event. It was a great way to build stronger relationships while also hosting an awesome tournament.

After some deliberation, I decided that the optimal configuration for the weekend was a Friday event and a Saturday event. This offered enough competitive action for those who were traveling far distances, allowed us to host one uncommon format in an environment where it would be easier to pull in a good amount of participants, and also afforded us the extra day on Sunday to enjoy with each other.

Organizing events for just the two days also allowed us to focus our energy more rather than spreading ourselves a bit thin on the traditionally slower Sunday events on the last day of the convention. And that’s what we did.

Attracting New (and Old) Players

Even back at BEYBLADE’S NOT DEAD! in 2008 thought was given to finding a way to introduce new players to Beyblade with things such as BEYBLADE 101 BEYBLADE WORKSHOP where battle demonstrations and strategies were taught for the benefit of new players.

While this sort of workshop is something I haven’t personally followed up on, I do think that it is something worth considering moving forward for myself and for all Organizers hoping to host events at conventions. The best way to expand your community doesn’t necessarily have to be constantly hosting tournaments, but directly teaching new players as well. Conventions are the best place to do this. And I think that in our focus on building a competitive scene for Beyblade, the importance of the teaching aspect has been lost slightly over the years.

However this year, one aspect we made into a reality in order to attract more players was the Beyblade Museum!

Beyblade Museum

After seeing official displays like these at various events over the years, I had for a few years now wanted to put together a mini museum for our booth at Anime North. There was one big reason for this beyond simply how cool it would be: our booth is surrounded by tables, many of which often go unused. And by using some of them for the museum, it would attract even more people to our booth.

With the custom trays OldSchool™ had made for us, and donations from several WBO members, the execution turned out as great as I had hoped for, and it was a great way to sort of passively attract people towards our booth. Even if it was out of nostalgia, I feel anything we can to do inspire something like that is meaningful.

[Image: snGJQ0c.jpg]

[Image: Yp6mPik.jpg]

[Image: Nenwn7W.jpg]

[Image: MkRnSfM.jpg]

[Image: Yo2694y.jpg]

[Image: K6Ut3JQ.jpg]

More Photos (Click to View)

There was a few areas that were a bit underrepresented (like Bakuten Shoot Beyblade and Metal Fight Beyblade), but overall I was happy with what we were able to put together. Some highlights included:

• Wyvern DJ (Gold Animation Project Special Version - No.240/400)
  • Dragoon MS (NIB)
  • Bloody Devil MS
  • Shining God MS
  • Dragoon MS UV (Proto Grey)
  • Wolborg MS (Ice Blue)
  • Aries 125D (RBV1 Version)
  • Aries Wheel (Yellow WBBA Version - 1 of 20 produced)
  • Libra Wheels (Red and Black from RBV2)
  • Sol Blaze V145AS
  • Metal Fight Beyblade Lgend Blader Set
  • Dragoon GT
  • Dranzer GT
  • Zeus
  • All 3 Burst “RARE BEY GET BATTLE” Prizes: Amaterios, Baldur, and Orichalcum
  • Entire Beyblade Burst God Layer System Series
  • Gold Valkyie Wing Accel
  • Gold G4 Emperor Forneus 0 Yard + Gold & Silver Level Chips
  • Spriggan Spread Fusion (Black G4 Version)
  • Xcalibur Force Xtreme (Gold WHF Version)
  • All Bakuten Shoot Beyblade Burst Remakes (Dragoon S, Dragoon S Gold Version, Draciel S, Driger S, Driger S Black Version, Dranzer S, Dranzer F, Dragoon F Gold Version

In addition to the Beyblades I donated for the museum, I wanted to thank the following members for their contributions: TrainiacJ, Cye Kinomiya, 1234beyblade, Cake, Hato, Zankye, Lani, Wombat, jamie, and bladekid.

This, in addition with the fully stocked shop featuring Burst and MFB (mostly courtesy OldSchool™) drew a lot of attention towards our booth.

Organizational Improvements

Organizational improvements for our events throughout the first half of this year have been ongoing as a reaction to the increasing attendance around the world due to Beyblade Burst’s spike in popularity. I’ve talked about different ideas and methods in several of my recent tournament reports (Kei vs. The World: The Wakanda Trials, TO BURST OR NOT TO BURST 2, SUPER Z, SUPER FUN, Z Comes Before A), and was keeping each of these in mind as Anime North approached knowing that it would be a huge event.

[Image: LpyXEMq.jpg]

And I certainly wasn’t wrong! We pulled in 33 players for Metal Fight Limited on May 25th (impressive considering it is a series which ended roughly five years ago now), and then broke our previous Anime North (and Toronto) record of 60-something back at BEYBLADE CRUSADE in 2011 with 77 players for the Burst Format event on May 26th!

In previous years space was always an issue, and luckily we were given more of it this year (although, we still could have used even more). But within the space we were given, we implemented several new ideas that we had previously tried at local Toronto events, or hadn’t used in many years at AN. Here’s a few of them:

• Pylons & Barriers: These helped to separate the tournament play and free play areas. It’s important for crowd control to keep the tournament play area as clear as possible
  • Television: This was actually used once way back in 2009 to display the bracket for the tournament, but this year I had the idea to bring it back and use it as a means to display one simple piece of information: the next match. Especially inside of a loud convention centre, having a visual indicator for the next match in addition to announcing it verbally was very beneficial. I just wish we had been able to position the TV closer to the front of the tournament area. How it worked was that we had one person running the Challonge bracket and another manually updating computer connected to the TV … not the most ideal solution, but the only way to really have that information displayed as big as possible on the TV and not just in the Challonge bracket which wouldn’t be as clear.
  • Pre-Tournament Announcements & Notes Document: One aspect of organizing events which has always been a little bit challenging is ensuring that before the tournament starts all relevant rules are announced to participants. Also inefficient is recording information like winning combinations, participant list (with fee information), prize list, etc on a document that is hard to share like the Notes app on your phone. The obvious answer to this was to create a templated Google Doc that could capture all of this information and be easily shared. I created one as a test for Anime North and it worked great, so as you may have seen, we recently released a cleaned up version of that for all Organizers to use! Read more here.
  • Account Setup: During registration we had new players setup their accounts on the spot, which helped to ensure they understood what their account name was moving forward. It also saved us having to go back in later and manually create them. Technically while this might have increased registration time slightly, it was a worthy compromise for the other benefits I mentioned. But we did have two people running registration at once, so it wasn’t bad at all. In retrospect however, I do think that having three or even four people handling registration for large tournaments like this could beneficial if everyone is coordinated and adding new participants to the same document.

[Image: cTzdu8c.jpg]

Getting Ready for Anime North 2018

In addition to designing and printing out new posters and cards for our booth, we also ordered a new cutout to join our awesome Taka and Fumi cutout from 2017! Of course, the only thing missing last year was the Beyblades, so we got those printed this year to complete the set. Smile

[Image: Q7Kmb9M.jpg]

On the morning of the 25th, JesseObre met up with me at my house and we took an Uber over to the printer to pick up the new cutout and then to the Delta Hotel across from the Toronto Congress Center where BEYBLADE NORTH was scheduled to be hosted. It took several hours for us to be able to get our room keys and poor Jesse had to wait until close to the tournament start time that night to finally get them after some complaints to the staff.

[Image: bUZHmaW.jpg]

During that time I headed over to the Toronto Congress Center where I met up with OldSchool™ to help set up our booth and pick up our staff passes. And then made a few more trips back and forth between the Delta and TCC to pick up other items that had to be brought over.

Unfortunately, when we got there we found out that we had to make the trek all the way over to the Sheraton Hotel to pick up the TV we had requested, so I sent OldSchool™ on a mission in the blistering heat to retrieve it later in the afternoon haha.

Metal Fight Limited Format Tournament – May 25 2018

One of the many things I enjoy about Anime North is being able to do a tournament using an older format as given the exposure and high profile of the event, we’re usually able to pull in a decent amount of people despite the age of the format in use.

This time we did Metal Fight Limited and were able to pull in 33 players! While I do think this turn out for a series which ended roughly five years ago is impressive and partially due to it being at Anime North, I also have felt lately like there’s still a sizeable amount of kids out there who enjoy the series. Not just teenagers who may have grown up with it, but even younger kids! Makes me excited for Metal Fight Beyblade’s 10th anniversary this August!

[Image: ReBdQns.jpg]

The MFL Metagame
As expected given that the ban list for Limited Format hasn’t changed since last year’s event, there was some overlap generally speaking in the types of parts that performed well. However, here are some of my observations:

• Flame 230CS/MB: This type of tall Track stamina combo was present last year, but this year it seemed to be relied upon more heavily by some top players. I for instance won many of my first stage matches with it. Most players don’t use two of the things that might counter it: Gravity Perseus F230CF/GCF or Bandit Wyvang on CH120 or higher. So, it’s a safe combo especially early on in the tournament and even in Deck too it’s an extremely solid choice.
  • Gravity Perseus F230CF/GCF: Speaking of this combo however, I did notice that this year F230CF/GCF combos (mainly with Gravity) were way more prominent than I remember them being in 2017. Yami in particular used his a lot. Last year it seemed like Gravity RB was more popular.
  • Bandit Wyvang: On a couple different setups (RF, RSF, etc) this Wheel combination had a bit of a presence throughout the day too.
  • Low Track Meteo: The ever popular Meteo was seen a lot too, and Sniper even used it on RF as we’ve seen him do so in the past.
  • Scythe Gemios CH120MF: This combo was the real MVP of the day for the finals. I won basically every round in the finals (against OldSchool™, 1234beyblade, and Cye Kinomiya) using this combo except for maybe one where I switched to MF-L Flame Hades 230CS. Cye Kinomiya was also borrowing parts from me that day and was able to pilot it to a second place finish too. Scythe just has an excellent mix of attack/stamina, Gemios gives some amazing sort of upper attack, CH120 is useful against tall track combos like the aforementioned Flame 230 and Gravity F230, and MF gives it enough stamina that it can outlast other Attack types and make opposing players think twice about weak launching too much.

There was some confusion about Gravity’s mode switching which led to our recent rule update for Deck Format now explicitly stating that mode switching isn’t permitted when a replay is invoked.

Ban Scythe and Gravity?
Seeing Scythe go basically unscatched through the finals by two players has me thinking now that it might be a good idea to finally make another update to the ban list for Metal Fight Limited and put it on the list. Gravity potentially too, although I am a little bit more unsure on that one. Will be an interesting conversation to have as the tenth anniversary of MFB approaches.

All in all however, it was a great tournament! Metal Fight Limited remains my favourite format and I am excited to play it again sometime this summer.

A wild FlameDragon appears!
One other notable thing for me that happened was the surprise appearance of @[FlameDragon25] towards the end of the tournament! He was one of the prominent Toronto community members in the early days of around 2010-2013 and consistently placed within the top three in a lot of our MFB tournaments.

He ended up moving a bit far away from Toronto, which is the main reason why he hasn’t been around in so long. But he made the trip to Anime North and to my surprise, he let me know that he had actually been keeping up with Burst all this time! He even bought one of my Duo Eclipse that I had for sale. I hadn’t seen him in at least five years, so it made me extremely happy to see him. I tried convincing him to make the trip down this summer for at least one tournament, so we’ll see if that happens. Smile

[Image: UUAy3wW.jpg]
Left to right: Kei, JesseObre, FlameDragon25

I was happy to see Cye Kinomiya get the second place finish not only because he really wanted to win the new Taka Drawstring Bag that was part of the prizes, but because he also was one of the only people who attended this year and were also present at BEYBLADE’S NOT DEAD! ten years ago (which he placed third in!). The others were myself and jamie.

[Image: 2F7aqmn.jpg]

Even though I again entered this tournament without any practice at all like I had last year for the BEYBLADE NORTH 2017 MFL event, my streak of consecutive first place finishes at Anime North was somehow extended to four with this victory! Now surely, the tournament I actually spent some time preparing for would produce the same result, right? Haha … ha, let’s find out ...

[Image: YZqDK9J.jpg]

Winning Combinations

1st: Kei
MF-L Flame Hades 230CS
MSF Bandit Wyvang CH120RSF
MF Scythe Gemios CH120MF (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: Cye Kinomiya
MF-L Flame Hades 230CS
MF Scythe Gemios CH120MF (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: 1234beyblade
MF-L Earth Cygnus 90EWD
MF-M Flame Cygnus 230MB
MF-H Gravity Perseus (Attack) 90RB
MF-L L-Drago Guardian F230CF (Deck Format Finals Only)

More Photos
[Image: 0YP2VLw.jpg]

[Image: S9Dl2XV.jpg]

[Image: fVQ80vX.jpg]

[Image: FZisDx2.jpg]

[Image: 1HncseB.jpg]

[Image: fiRUPoK.jpg]

[Image: ZPAC8Bb.jpg]

[Image: gKfa0TG.jpg]

[Image: 0AB0tSI.jpg]

[Image: yEAwWQx.jpg]

[Image: LpOR4Vc.jpg]

[Image: WdE6d0k.jpg]

[Image: XEDxv0t.jpg]

Deck Format Finals

Burst Format Tournament – May 26 2018

Breaking our previous Toronto and Anime North record set at BEYBLADE CRUSADE in 2011, we managed to pull in 77 players for the main event in Saturday!

[Image: RFwsCuE.jpg]

Heading into this event off the heels of our latest Burst format event in Toronto–Beyblade Zone–it was clear that the metagame had diversified since our banning of Spriggan Requiem, Maximum Garuda, and Garuda G3.

After that tournament, it seemed like a certainty to me that Emperor Forneus would become a huge factor heading into AN (alongside things like dF, dC, nL, tN etc). So, I had spent what time I did have testing against eF in the lead up to the event, learning that Zet Achilles was the best option. However, as you can see from the winning combinations list below, it was even more diverse than that! And in a different way than Beyblade Zone was too.

[Image: U1yBIoU.jpg]

During this event, both Twin Nemesis and Winning Valkyrie were huge players on stationary or semi-aggressive Drivers like Atomic, Yielding, and even to my shock Xtend (as used by Sniper). I believe Zankye for instance made it to the finals purely using wV on Atomic.

Twin Nemesis demonstrated its immense versatility throughout the day. While it had been used a lot in Beyblade Zone, it was mainly on Jolt or Xtreme. I had forgotten just how decent its defense was. To me, it probably is the best all-around part in the game right now due to our mode changing rules. Depending on the mode, it can be used effectively in literally any combo type: Attack, Defense, or Stamina. It’s not the best answer for all situations, but it’s a great one overall.

As for myself, my overconfidence in eF got the best of me and resulted in a first round loss 3-1 to a stock Zet Achilles against my eF.7B.Br … The irony was palpable haha. I understood that eF Bearing was slightly more risky than the Atomic variant, but during Beyblade Zone I observed some matches and it really didn’t seem that prone to bursting against most things. Of course, none of those matches were against zA, which is the main counter for eF. I went with Bearing as I think I was also overly worried about being countered by like dF Atomic. Because when you get into opposite spin Atomic mirror matches, that seems more like a game of luck to me than anything. That being said, it was the first round so the chances of running into an Atomic-user at that stage is very low. Just a poor decision overall.

Luckily, the tournament was double elimination so I wasn’t eliminated yet. But I was in a pretty tough position. As the top seed if I had stayed in the winner’s bracket I would have only needed to win around four matches to secure a spot in the finals. But by losing in the first round, I had to win around six or seven straight matches to make it!

I won my next three matches pretty easily, but then came up against Hunter08. I had seen him using stock Twin Nemesis throughout the day, but was wary of a random KO against eF … I was about to use dF on Destroy which would have shut him down, but in the previous event I lost 3-1 to a Beat Kukulkan on Iron with it, so I was wary of the combo despite knowing that it should win (of course, after the tournament I realized that it was because I was using my red dF which is more prone to bursting than the original). So, I made the–in retrospect, strange–choice of using Nightmare Longinus on Hunter. nL typically does well against tN in Attack vs. Attack match-ups, but since Hunter08 was using Ultimate Reboot it didn’t really work out the same as nL vs. tN on Hunter or Xtreme usually does, so I lost the match and was eliminated from the event. Extremely frustrating and disappointing way for my streak to come to an end, but after a few moments to myself I accepted it and moved on. Losing primarily because you didn’t have enough knowledge is frustrating, but ultimately it’s something you can take and learn from moving forward.

Final Stage
Finally, after a first stage which lasted roughly four hours–a respectable time given the number of participants I would say–we had a 20 minute food break and then proceeded to the final stage!

Advancing to the finals were:

Winner’s Bracket:
  • 1. Wombat
  • 2. Yami
  • 3. Sniper
  • 4. andylumley
Loser’s Bracket:
  • 5. ~Mana~
  • 6. jamie
  • 7. originalzankye
  • 8. eddylamm21

Lots of familiar faces, but it was also nice to see a few new players make it as well (and in fact, andylumley–who is now BladerBeast–went on to place second at our tournament in Toronto after AN!). It was especially cool to see Zankye make it after not doing too well at the few tournaments he participated in previously.

That being said, I do want to mention how bad I felt for JesseObre. He was eliminated early on from the tournament, mainly due to my suggestion of using eF on Bearing haha … it was so hectic, but I wish I could have been able to give him more advice at the time.

[Image: rNB2oMz.jpg]

After the first few rounds, the four players left for the deciding matches were Sniper vs. Wombat for 3rd and Yami vs. ~Mana~ for 1st/2nd.

Wombat was the only returning member of the top three finishers from each of the first two editions of BEYBLADE NORTH in 2016 and 2017, but fell to Sniper, who placed in the Top 3 at the Anime North main event for the first time since GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2 in 2014!

[Image: udBVR9t.jpg]

The final match between Yami and ~Mana~ (the only member representing the UK this year) was characterized by the level of recoil on display despite the relatively conservative nature of their decks:

• ~Mana~’s Deck: dF.7B.At, tN.G.R, eF.?.O
  • Yami’s Deck: wV.?U.Y, aC.0R.Br, tN.4B.At
As you can see, neither player opted to use any sort of traditionally aggressive Driver. Yami opened with wV, instantly KOing ~Mana~’s tN for a quick 2-0 lead.

The next round ~Mana~ lost a drawn out match to Yami’s wV again, but with eF this time via Burst Finish. This put Yami completely in the driver’s seat up 4-0!

However, ~Mana~ clawed his way back into the match by countering Yami’s wV with his dF. In the first round of this match-up Yami nearly scored another instant KO, but ~Mana~ was able to hold on and cut the lead to three points. A rematch ensued resulting in ~Mana~ scoring an instant KO of his own midair, bringing the deficit to just one point (4-3)!

In the final round, ~Mana~ wielded his dF once again while Yami switched to his aC.0R.Br. After a couple big hits in the center of the stadium, aC exited the stadium and dF hit the back wall and bursted. In what turned out to be an incredibly difficult match for me to call, as the judge for the match I gave ~Mana~ the win as it appeared Alter Chronos had hit the back wall of the Beystadium cover before Drain Fafnir bursted as a result of hitting the cover on the other side of the stadium.

And with that, we had our BEYBLADE NORTH 2018 champion … ~Mana~!

[Image: bqncrXf.jpg]

[Image: 49zHq3O.jpg]

Winning Combinations

1st: ~Mana~
Drain Fafnir 7 Bump Atomic
Emperor Forneus 7 Bump Atomic
Winning Valkyrie 7 Glaive Atomic
Crash Ragnaruk 11 Hit Hunter
Winning Valkyrie 0 Yielding (Deck Format Finals Only)
Twin Nemesis Gravity Revolve (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: Yami
Alter Chronos 0 Reach Bearing
Twin Nemesis 4 Bump Atomic

3rd: Sniper
Nightmare Longinus Bump Hunter
MGC Twin Nemesis 11 Glaive Xtend

Photos
[Image: ikj8j98.jpg]

[Image: szN5OCE.jpg]

[Image: pSqU87R.jpg]

[Image: LcDRDsY.jpg]

[Image: 6zooAqP.jpg]

[Image: 4OEJjns.jpg]

[Image: M8IjYH7.jpg]

Deck Format Finals

Acknowledgements

An event as large as this is a team effort. I’d like to thank all of the following people for the roles they played this year in helping the event be successful!

Thank you to the staff @[~Mana~], @[JesseObre], and @[OldSchool™].

Thank you for shooting video @[TrainiacJ].

Thank you to the judges @[The Supreme One], @[Sniper], @[Yami], and @[SUGOI-KONICHEWA].

Thank you for your museum contribution and incredible prizing donation @[originalzankye].

Thank you for your museum contributions and judging @[1234beyblade], @[Wombat], and @[Cake].

Thank you for your museum contributions @[Cye Kinomiya], @[jamie], and @[Hato].

And finally, thank you for for creating awesome trophies again for us this year @[Manicben]!

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions about this event, please feel free to post below!

More Beyblade Tournament Reports
If you enjoyed this report, then you may also enjoy some of my other Beyblade Burst tournament reports:
I only have one question about the organized play. Is it strictly T. T. that players use? I only really have hasbro stuff and from what I understand it doesn't really stand up to T. T. Beys competitively?
(Jun. 17, 2018  3:54 PM)Dutchems Wrote: I only have one question about the organized play. Is it strictly T. T. that players use? I only really have hasbro stuff and from what I understand it doesn't really stand up to T. T. Beys competitively?

Ideally TT have more variety is parts range. But Guarda G3 was competitive against TT stuff till that was banned.
(Jun. 17, 2018  3:54 PM)Dutchems Wrote: I only have one question about the organized play. Is it strictly T. T. that players use? I only really have hasbro stuff and from what I understand it doesn't really stand up to T. T. Beys competitively?

Hasbro is still only at Switch-Strike which for the most part can't stand up to Takara Tomy's current Super-Z line.
Thanks for the answers guys. I guess the logical conclusion is to either play in a hasbro only tourney, collect T. T. beys, or just borrow a set if I can ever make it out to an even lol.

Depending on how you use the hasbro beys, you can get really good, especially with things like fafnir F3. Coming up with combos despite not having the latest parts is a slight downside to using only hasbro beys, but still. If you use the beys to the fullest, you can still do good.
Congrats on another successful year! Wish I hung around a little longer :O
Thanks for a great report Kei !
(Jun. 17, 2018  3:38 PM)Kei Wrote: How it worked was that we had one person running the Challonge bracket and another manually updating computer connected to the TV … not the most ideal solution, but the only way to really have that information displayed as big as possible on the TV and not just in the Challonge bracket which wouldn’t be as clear.

Hm sounds like another challenge to me.  I am fairly certain that I could write something that would dynamically update the matches on the TV by using the Challonge API. Having someone constantly update it manually seems like such a waste. I'll get on it sometime.

Glad the event was a huge success!
(Jun. 19, 2018  11:38 AM)Manicben Wrote: Hm sounds like another challenge to me.  I am fairly certain that I could write something that would dynamically update the matches on the TV by using the Challonge API. Having someone constantly update it manually seems like such a waste. I'll get on it sometime.

It wasn't a challenge, but I'm glad you took it as such. Smile If you can get on it quickly, I'm sure Sniper would be thankful for the Beytuber Brawl at the end of the month if he had something like that as they plan to use a projector to show that information.
Wow that final battle.. good call. Talk about a match to end a tournament haha.
Congratulations for P1 @[~Mana~]! Also, Great Work @[Yami] and @[Sniper]! And well done to all who participated!
Why is my back always turned... *heavy sobs*

Also, expect the Museum to have 3x beys and the shop to be 5x as large  Libruhhh
Congratulations on a really successful event everyone! And @[~Mana~], your comeback in the finals was amazing. Congratulations for first place! That beyblade museum looks good too! Shows how much has happened and changed in Beyblade over the last 10 years.
Congrats mana for first place.

Also good effort from yami and sniper and the rest who participated.
Cheap rule shouldn't exist ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(Jun. 22, 2018  2:41 PM)Yami Wrote: Cheap rule shouldn't exist ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you feel that way, please feel free to post about it in Discuss worldbeyblade.org with your argument against it! Doesn't hurt to have a discussion. Smile
after having used the m145rf my rf is now
broken and slanted will sell for like 2 dollars
looks like fun. Smile i love it
(May. 31, 2019  1:28 AM)William Cochran Wrote: looks like fun. Smile i love it

This is from last year 2018. 2019 Beyblade North report will be up soon.