Toronto Metal Fight Beyblade Tournament Report: HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 9

[Image: bjgfHgB.png]

TORONTO BEYBLADE BURST
TOURNAMENT REPORT

July 16, 2017 at High Park in Toronto, Ontario Canada • METAL FIGHT FORMAT
OFFICIAL EVENT PAGERESULTS SPREADSHEET

-

[Image: NVC0xip.jpg]

This tournament was the ninth edition of the longest running annual Beyblade tournament on the WBO (and perhaps the world?!): HIGH PARK THROWDOWN! After running throughout the duration of Metal Fight Beyblade, HPT has now become the guaranteed date every year that we’ll take a break from Burst and go back to Metal Fight Format.

For some context, here is a list of the date and winners of each past HPT (Metal Fight Formats):

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN - July 19, 2009:
1st Place: kool-kid9980
2nd Place: Kei
3rd Place: Khel
4th Place: Minion

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 2 - July 17, 2010:
1st: Marco
2nd: Kei
3rd: kool-kid9980
4th: Priscient

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 3 - July 16, 2011:
1st: Kei
2nd: FlameDragon25
3rd: ali12345456

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 4 - July 14, 2012:
1st: Kei
2nd: Del
3rd: Priscient
4th: JesseObre

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 5 - July 20, 2013:
1st: LMAO
2nd: JesseObre
3rd: U wot m8
4th: Priscient

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 6 - July 20, 2014:
1st: JesseObre
2nd: pyrus10000
3rd: U wot m8
4th: Kei

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 7 - July 19, 2015:
1st: 1234beyblade
2nd: Kei
3rd: LMAO

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 8 - July 17, 2016:
1st: LMAO
2nd: U wot m8
3rd: Kei
4th: JesseObre

And a video I put together from the first event!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MU5QpXx0BA

[Image: Rrih0kw.jpg]

Needless to say, this event is always especially meaningful to me considering the context of its creation. It was basically our first successful ‘regular’ event in Toronto outside of the always successful Anime North tournaments. And now with MFB having finished a few years ago, it is always refreshing to come back to it. This time, there was a new twist as well: Deck Format! It didn’t exist last year, and we hadn’t played Metal Fight Format since then, so this was our first opportunity to try out Deck Format for this particular format.

As expected, there was a lot of what you’d expect in Metal Fight Format as it currently stands: Dragoon, Wyvang, Killerken on BD145RDF, SA165EWD, Low-Track EWD, some F230CF here and there, and also E230MB. E230MB was a bit surprising to me because for some reason it had never been popular in previous years in Toronto, but it was around in a pretty big way on this day as a counter to the Low-Track EWD. Particularly in the finals, almost every deck seemed to have Synchome BD145RDF, Low-Track EWD, and a E230MB (or 230MB) combo.

[Image: VHhSY4q.jpg]

In my match against OldSchool in the first round of the finals, I put MF-L Gravity Perseus BD145RDF in my deck as a half-joke but also half-serious combo haha. It’s actually useful because it has a chance to KO things, and can adapt to whatever Synchome spin direction your opponent chooses (Wyvang Wyvang vs. Wyvang Dragoon, for example). I was able to win a few rounds against his MSF-L Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF, but ultimately lost the battle.

One of the biggest themes of the day was “relaunch!” because launchers were skipping left and right, which I think says something about the increasing age of the series. Nevertheless, it was a lot of fun (and I almost forgot; it was my birthday a few days prior and everyone bought me cake! It had a stupid picture of me and a fidget spinner on it … lol) and I can’t wait until HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 10 next year!

@worldbeyblade Instagram Story

Deck Format Finals
[Image: 48v655r.jpg]

[Image: AHS1WIZ.jpg]

[Image: 424ussC.jpg]

[Image: onAHy7D.jpg]

[Image: O37t52o.jpg]

[Image: Nf7KfiQ.jpg]

[Image: tTBeq5U.jpg]

[Image: qonjDSS.jpg]

-

More Photos

[Image: 3R7txyi.jpg]

[Image: 4mE9qux.jpg]

[Image: tbzv0tg.jpg]

[Image: LnSsNWz.jpg]

[Image: DzqKTXM.jpg]

[Image: KCf175k.jpg]

[Image: Di2RLZp.jpg]

[Image: PmZ26Ww.jpg]

[Image: uekigyi.jpg]

[Image: zbvJxYi.jpg]

[Image: lyh4EE1.jpg]

[Image: wuagDY3.jpg]

Winning Combinations

1st: 1234beyblade
Genbull Dragooon 90EWD
MF-F Revizer Killerken SA165 (Attack Mode) EWD
Killerken Dragoon SA165 (Attack Mode) EWD
Killerken Dragooon BD145RDF
MSF-L Genbull Genbull 90EWD (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: OldSchool™
MSF-L Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF
MF-H Duo Aquario 230MB
MSF-L Genbull Dragooon F230CF
MSF-L Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF (Deck Format Finals Only)
MSF-F Genbull Girago E230MB (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: Kei
MSF-L Genbull Dragooon 100EWD
MSF-L Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF
MF-L Gravity Perseus BD145RDF (Deck Format Finals Only)
MF-H Duo Cygnus W105EWD (Deck Format Finals Only)
MSF-F Genbull Girago E230MB (Deck Format Finals Only)

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions about this event, please feel free to post below!

More Toronto Beyblade Tournament Reports
If you enjoyed this report, then you may also enjoy some of my other Toronto Beyblade Burst tournament reports:

Just curious: How come the new standard E230 MB combo in Toronto has become Genbull Girago? I always thought Girago Genbull was preferred for Girago's "grinding" ability and Genbull's additional stamina when used as the top Chrome Wheel.

Also, seeing Gravity is kinda amazing.
(Aug. 16, 2017  4:25 AM)Evilfaic Wrote: Just curious: How come the new standard E230 MB combo in Toronto has become Genbull Girago? I always thought Girago Genbull was preferred for Girago's "grinding" ability and Genbull's additional stamina when used as the top Chrome Wheel.

Good question. I put Genbull on the bottom only because I'm so used to putting it on the bottom in my low-Track EWD combos ... You may be right that Girago is better on the bottom for E230MB. It's been so long since I've played MFB and I had never really been a fan of E230MB until this tournament, so I wasn't thinking too deeply about finer adjustments like this.

It's amazing because it is actually viable!
(Aug. 16, 2017  4:25 AM)Evilfaic Wrote: Just curious: How come the new standard E230 MB combo in Toronto has become Genbull Girago? I always thought Girago Genbull was preferred for Girago's "grinding" ability and Genbull's additional stamina when used as the top Chrome Wheel.

While Kei replied to this. I think Genbu's shape helps it to OS lower combos better due to its round and raised (kinda works like how Duo on 230 does) and being rasied and round also helps it to deal better with Balro.

BTW its awesome to see toranto had a MFB too!

I had few questions
How come Wyvang BD145RSF survived in so many Dragoon?
There was no attack?
Also did any Duo vs Genbu happened? If yes which won?
I like to use Girago Girago with my E230MB combos cuz it looks thicc AF.
@[Kei] So proud of you. :')
It's great to see E230MB back in full force. I've always liked that combo!