Toronto Beyblade Burst Tournament Report: another day, another bey

TORONTO BEYBLADE BURST TOURNAMENT REPORT: another day, another bey

June 10, 2018 at High Park in Toronto, Ontario, Canada • BURST FORMAT
OFFICIAL EVENT PAGEResults SpreadsheetChallonge (First Stage)Challonge (Final Stage)

-

[Image: IxWH3Ii.jpg]

This tournament was very much defined by Hell Salamander. This was our first tournament after BEYBLADE NORTH 2018 and therefore the first tournament anyone had hS available to use in Toronto.

At this point it was still unclear which Disk was best for hS, but by the end of the tournament it became clear that 0 was the winner, despite the popular thought that 7 is always the best for Stamina.

There was also a healthy mix of Revolve, Bearing, and Atomic being used on hS at this point, and one counter that I discovered in the days leading up to the event was bL.4U.O; it destabilizes hS on Revolve and Bearing so easily. It doesn’t do as well against Atomic in retrospect, but at this time despite the presence of hS Atomic on the winning combos list below, the Revolve and Bearing variants were more popular. I was able to single-handedly beat OldSchool 6-0 for third place using bL.

In the second round of the finals however I lost 5-0 to BladerBeast because my hS.7.R was unable to defeat his hS.0B.Br (and stangely, my eF.P.Br too, right after seeing someone else use a similar combo to beat hS Br) … this is part of what helped us realize was going on with 7 vs. 0. And earlier in the tournament I believe there was another match where hS.0.R beat hS.7B.Br.

I also put extra effort into several of the Deck Format photos during this tournament. Rather than just show the assembled Beyblades from below–which still obscured the Core Disk if a Frame was used–I took them apart and did an overhead view. Took a bit more time, but worked out well!

Winning Combinations

1st: BladerBeast
Hell Salamander 0 Revolve
Hell Salamander 0 Bump Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)
Winning Valkyrie 7 Glaive Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: 1234beyblade
Hell Salamander 7 Bump Atomic
Emperor Forneus Polish Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: Kei
Hell Salamander 7 Bump Atomic
Hell Salamander 7 Bump Bearing
Bloody Longinus 4 Under Orbit (Deck Format Finals Only)

Photos
[Image: fZlflwB.jpg]

[Image: oOJ5RkJ.jpg]

[Image: RjAxHgm.jpg]

[Image: NsWVwpn.jpg]

[Image: OAtiti9.jpg]

[Image: 52PwHC1.jpg]

[Image: QYuD12v.jpg]

[Image: UQMITdC.jpg]

[Image: jv8eYEW.jpg]

[Image: o6dXUra.jpg]

[Image: WsItOKo.jpg]

[Image: w5DGtNR.jpg]

[Image: Ktnb4d0.jpg]

[Image: S0YIPtk.jpg]

[Image: ZIhJEFQ.jpg]

Deck Format Finals
[Image: SOcp3no.jpg]

[Image: dUEvNwE.jpg]

[Image: FJGevnZ.jpg]

[Image: O8D6pdf.jpg]

[Image: NB7mkDK.jpg]

[Image: dUG0bSC.jpg]

[Image: jBPDVa0.jpg]

[Image: AgvvlxW.jpg]

[Image: s3N1BEj.jpg]

[Image: 3b2SnHf.jpg]

[Image: VWjnOXQ.jpg]

[Image: yRkbEVK.jpg]

[Image: 6F6bCTn.jpg]

[Image: iXofEKy.jpg]

[Image: ov6N3bL.jpg]

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions about this event, please feel free to post below!

More Beyblade Tournament Reports
If you enjoyed this report, then you may also enjoy some of my other Beyblade Burst tournament reports:
Cool! Just wondering in the top picture, who is who? What I mean is which person is 1234beyblade, etc.
(Jul. 13, 2018  8:21 PM)brandbrick Wrote: Cool! Just wondering in the top picture, who is who? What I mean is which person is 1234beyblade, etc.
#1, in the middle is BladerBeast
#2, on the left is 1234
#3, on the right is Kei.
it was also stated in the "Winning Combinations" section of the report.
(Jul. 13, 2018  8:42 PM)sakura Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2018  8:21 PM)brandbrick Wrote: Cool! Just wondering in the top picture, who is who? What I mean is which person is 1234beyblade, etc.
#1, in the middle is BladerBeast
#2, on the left is 1234
#3, on the right is Kei.
it was also stated in the "Winning Combinations" section of the report.

Oh lol. I also watch your channel, do they still sell D3 in stores..?
Just realized I forgot to post the video clips earlier! Added to the opening post, but I've embedded the video below as well:

(Jul. 14, 2018  2:23 AM)Kei Wrote: Just realized I forgot to post the video clips earlier! Added to the opening post, but I've embedded the video below as well:

wish i was there. oh well. looked like fun
Tbh i was expecting Dead and Perfect Phoenixes to win not Hell Salamander.
Edit: Dead Phoenix was released after this tournament