[Atlanta,Georgia] Beybladers Unite!

Just to let you know : thirty minutes per tournament, for your first time hosting, is a ridiculous underestimation. The format you have to use with less than twelve participants is Round Robin, not Single Elimination, so can you imagine how many minutes it will take to have every Blader battle each other player, the minutes a BeyBattle takes if Stamina is used, and how long it takes for people to freely select the combination they will use before each battle, etc. you definitely do not arrive at thirty minutes. Three formats in one day is already ambitious, but to do it when it is your first time hosting and that you think you can get it done in one hour and a half is unheard of.
You should probably send a new Private Message with the corrected registration time, because if they follow the previous message they'll be arriving an entire hour to early. And as she said, 30 minutes would be an extreme underestimate of a round robin tournament, keeping in mind everybody will be facing each other.
Also, free play won't account for any points.
so is it not going to start registration at 1?

i am a total noob so this will be my first tournement
jrockfreak, I am also a noob, and this is also my first tournament. This time is not official, and I am Pming the other 7 attendees + Kai-V & Kei to let them know the FINAL changes.
quick question. all the beys i have are from metal fusion, i can still use those right?
(Mar. 21, 2014  2:17 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Check the ban list: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Limi...pid1176971

That'll tell you what you can and cannot use. Smile

Ninja changed it from limited, so don't use that list jrock. It's now just Standard.

All beyblades from MFB are legal.
Oh, whoopsydaisy!

I totally missed that, haha. Yah, in Standard, everything goes.
Wait, it's not Limited any more either...? If I'm going to actually be driving this far it would be good to know exactly what is going on (or is not going on as the case may be).
(Mar. 24, 2014  7:19 PM)Ingulit Wrote: Wait, it's not Limited any more either...? If I'm going to actually be driving this far it would be good to know exactly what is going on (or is not going on as the case may be).

He told me that Kai-V is still "interviewing" him, so hopefully he'll actually get everything confirmed soon since it's supposed to be in 5 days...
(Mar. 24, 2014  9:26 PM)Zancrow Wrote: He told me that Kai-V is still "interviewing" him, so hopefully he'll actually get everything confirmed soon since it's supposed to be in 5 days...

QFT (bolded)

It's doubly important for me/my friend because while I really want this to happen, if the details are this fuzzy, it's unfortunately hard to justify the drive/the time off work... Confused
(Mar. 24, 2014  9:48 PM)Ingulit Wrote: It's doubly important for me/my friend because while I really want this to happen, if the details are this fuzzy, it's unfortunately hard to justify the drive/the time off work... Confused

I completely get where you're coming from, whereas it's a 2 hour drive for me to get there and back, for you and your friend it's going to consume most of your day. :\
Yeah sorry guys, Kai-V isn't responding because I couldn't think of an answer. I know exactly what a reshooting clause is, and when to use it, but she says that it is not the sentance that she is looking for. Any advice would be great and helpful.

It will still take place at Centennial Olympic Park on March 29th.
It will be a STANDARD tournament ONLY, and maybe plastics and limited during Freeplay, while Registration is still going on.

Please be up to date with everything, and this will not change AT ALL, so just mark it down in your calender, and please arrive with ALL your gear (Plastics and MFB).

Also, let me know if you are going to be selling/trading there so it would be helpful for everybody.

Thanks!
-Xaos
Um, I don't think they're allowed to help you answer the questions. Kai-V quizzes people like that to make sure they know and memorize the rules and are qualified to host a tournament.
Yeah, I know. I had an answer, but she says that it is not what she was looking for. I am out of ideas, and there are 5 days until the planned event, so without her or their help, it will be unsuccessful and people will get extremely mad. I just want to host an event that does not fail, and helps unite all of the southeast again.
It is only you that is holding the event back, and sorry if this sounds mean, but Kai-V only confirms that you are worthy, so if it hasn't been approved then she thinks you aren't ready.
Thanks for the help, but I have a revised version of what was needed and I think that it is worthy.
Why the change to only Standard and not Limited? Plastics I can understand not doing due to part availability, but one of the main reasons I was going to make this drive was because I wanted to go to my first Limited tournament Unhappy
I'm so sorry Ingulit. I will try to do both if people don't start leaving, but Kai-V says that an issue of doing both is time. I would do Standard and Limited if we have time, I promise yah!
Im a bit confused is ninja not hosting now? i was reading the limited rules and personally im glad its just standard since im new to tournaments it sounds easier to jump into
(Mar. 25, 2014  2:29 AM)jrockfreak Wrote: Im a bit confused is ninja not hosting now? i was reading the limited rules and personally im glad its just standard since im new to tournaments it sounds easier to jump into
he's still trying to host it.
Yes, when trying to host an event, Kai-V must interview you to see if you are worthy of hosting it, and any future events. I am still unsure if I am worthy or not, because Kai-V has yet to get back
To me. Also, I will anounce on this thread and through PM if it will be going on or not during Friday the 28th.
(Mar. 25, 2014  2:54 AM)The Ninja Wrote: Yes, when trying to host an event, Kai-V must interview you to see if you are worthy of hosting it, and any future events. I am still unsure if I am worthy or not, because Kai-V has yet to get back
To me. Also, I will anounce on this thread and through PM if it will be going on or not during Friday the 28th.

You are changing the date? In your other post you said it'd be on the 29th.
No, I am not hosting an event on a Friday. If it doesn't get approved by the beginning of March 28th, then I will send a PM out saying that it will be cancelled or moved to a later date.