MSF-H Bahamdia Ifraid SA165R2F

(MSF-H) Bahamdia Ifraid SA165R2F

I came across this custom awhile ago and blogged about it, and since then it has been showing enough promise in the Bahamdia discussion that I figured it was time to give it its own thread.

This is a right-spin Synchrom attack custom that takes advantage of Bahamdia's massive width and relatively pronounced attack points to deliver impressive smash. The use of SA165 makes this one of the heaviest attack customs available.

I've been practicing with attack types a lot more lately, and my more recent results have been much better than the initial tests I posted. Note that this custom's success is very dependent on your launch; I highly recommend you check out Meow!'s video further down in this thread for an example of how to launch it well.

Part Choices
  • MSF-H: The use of a metal stone face is optional on this custom. Without it, you gain a bit of speed, but with it the recoil is a bit more tame and you get what is truly the heaviest attacker available. I personally prefer using a MSF-H. EDIT: I'm updating this custom to say that the MSF-H is mandatory, as this custom's weight is one of its primary advantages over Wyvang Wyvang.
  • Bahamdia: This is the main part of the custom. It has massive width and great contact points, enabling it to extend far beyond SA165's disk and still deliver massive blows. Note that with Bahamdia on the bottom, it still makes great contact with foes on BD145 despite being on the tall SA165.
  • Ifraid: This is the easily the best chrome wheel available for exposing Bahamdia's smash points. Ifraid reinforces the two gaps almost perfectly, which helps overcome how thin Bahamdia is.
  • SA165: This track is used for the same reason S130 is used on Flash: it adds weight (in this case, a lot of weight) without getting in the way of the contact points. Note that SA165 is in Normal mode for this custom, unlike other recent promising customs like Wyvang Dragooon SA165R2F.
  • R2F: This is a no-brainer, it's the fastest rubber tip for right-spin attackers.

Test Results

Ingulit's Testing
Test Results (Click to View)
ShinobuXD's Testing
Meow!'s Testing
KainHighwind's Testing

Videos

Many, many thanks to Meow! for this spectacular video.

(Feb. 27, 2013  9:50 PM)Meow! Wrote:

Launching, and the video that went along with the tests I posted above.
Great tests just what we would expect from you. Would you say low track defense combos are its weaknesses even though they are not commonly used, could you test vs a low track defense combo such as reviser Killerken 85 RSF/CS
I might do another test after I practice more with this. The only problem I can see with it is E230, since Ifraid would be making all the contact.
Wow, this combo seems amazing. I definitely need to get Bahamdia now. I also agree with ShinobuXD about it's problem with E230. Since Bahamdia is on the bottom it would make contact with E230 instead of the MW. I would like to see tests against E230 though. I'm very curious to see how it would do.
I loved this set up since I saw it at Meow!'s video, When Bahamdia was released I was searching some chrome wheel that goes that good with.

Hoping to see more tests!
Ingulit asked if I could help with the E230 tests, and I actually had a little time between my wife and baby so I figured I would help out.

MSF-L Bahamdia Ifraid SA165(normal)R2F vs. MSF-L Revizer Revizer E230RSF
Revizer always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
BI: 11 (0 OS, 11 KO)
Revizer: 9 (9 OS, 0 KO)
BI Win %: 55.0%

It took me a couple of launches to figure out that the best way to launch against a 230 custom is with a wide sweeping launch, similar to the launch for Killerken Dragooon but the right spin version obviously. Basically, you just don't bank very deep so that Bahamdia Ifraid is not at too much of a tilt. If you do this, then it gives Bahamdia a good chance to actually make contact with Revizer sometimes since it isn't at as much of a tilt.

MSF-L Bahamdia Ifraid SA165(normal)R2F vs. MSF-L Revizer Revizer E230(boost)RSF
BI: 4 (0 OS, 4 KO)
Revizer: 16 (16 OS, 0 KO)
BI Win %: 20.0%

This is a much different story. If you do the wide launch then the disk catches most of the action. I tried every type of launch I know how to do and nothing really worked. Since Bahamdia is so wide, Ifraid cannot attack with its side contact points, and it cannot get under Revizer at all because of the disk. I believe that your best bet is to bank deep and attack the disk/track to try and get Revizer off balance and tilted so you have a better chance at metal to metal contact. If you are really good at the wide sweeping launch, you could to push it to the edge like Killerken Dragooon, but in my experience that was not easy.

MSF-L Bahamdia Ifraid SA165(normal)R2F vs. MSF-L Revizer Revizer SP230RSF
BI: 3 (1 OS, 2 KO)
Revizer: 17 (16 OS, 1 KO)
BI Win %: 15.0%

I did these because it was a good opportunity to do an E230 and SP230 comparison. However, after seeing Meow!'s tests, I realized that we know a lot more about how Flash performs than we do this combo so it might not be the best to do comparison tests with. With that said, it was very hard for me to KO SP230 with this combo. I am glad I got at least 2 KOs so I know that it is possible.

MSF-L Bahamdia Ifraid SA165(normal)R2F vs. MSF-L Gryph Gryph E230BSF
Gryph launched first on even launches, BI launched first on odd.
BI: 10 (1 OS, 9 KO)
Gryph: 10 (7 OS, 3 KO)
BI Win %: 50.0%

I did these tests for Kei's request in my Gryph Gryph E230BSF thread. Bahamdia Ifraid SA165R2F is a very high attacker so I figured this would fit well for his request. This match up really could go either way, and it is very hard to do these tests with one person. However, vs. attack types the same thing still seems to stand true, and that is that you have to make sure Gryph is moving right off the bat and moving quick. Bahamdia Ifraid had to catch Gryph close to an exit, so this match up has a lot to do with luck.
I did some testing on this yesterday, but since my BD145RDF (on two different BD145s and two different RDFs Confused) was acting a bit weird (was easily knocked off balance, which allowed MSF-L Bahamdia Ifraid SA165R2F outspin it on numerous occasions. And based on the results everyone else has provided, it doesn't seem like this ever happened to you guys), I decided to scrap the results.

In any case, based on the "normal" battles that I had, I can definitely conclude that this is a pretty decent Attacker against 145-height opponents. As I think Meow! said in the video, the KOs were very "clean".
Test and see if the this can KO MF-H Revizer Revizer BD145RB. I think Rubber Ball can make a big difference.
I wonder if this combo will be even better with LRF...
Okay, so I saw in the top tier discussion that this combo is very controversial. I personally agree that it should be in a spot on the list. I just did some testing remembering I had been wanting to for a while. I don't really remember if I did official testing before but whatever now I have Smile. Unfortunately I don't have any MSF. I hope that's okay.

Equipment
TT Attack Type Stadium
Launcher Grip
Beylauncher L/R

Tests

Bahamdia Ifraid SA165R2F vs. Reviser Killerken BD145CS
Bahamdia Ifraid: 15 wins (14 KO, 1 OS)
Reviser Killerken: 5 wins (2 KO, 3 OS)

Bahamdia Ifraid SA165R2F vs. Reviser Killerken E230CS
Bahamdia Ifraid: 14 wins (All KO)
Reviser Killerken: 6 wins (1 KO, 5 OS)

I hope these tests help. It's good to be back trying again Smile. (It's actually just nice to have my beys out again XD)
Holy carping tuna fish! :o 70% against E230???

I've never gotten that good results with Bahamdia Ifraid... maybe I should try it again! I could actually have some tests up by tomorrow. Smile

Although, if this thing beats F230 (the most completely broken abomination to beyblading since Libra) then we should slap it on there, like, tonight. XD
Yep, I was surprised at the E230 results and the BD145 results slightly.
(Oct. 23, 2013  12:10 AM)theblackdragon Wrote: Holy carping tuna fish! :o 70% against E230???

I've never gotten that good results with Bahamdia Ifraid... maybe I should try it again! I could actually have some tests up by tomorrow. Smile

Although, if this thing beats F230 (the most completely broken abomination to beyblading since Libra) then we should slap it on there, like, tonight. XD

When I get a Bahamida and F230 then I can test for you guys.
Well, no F230 testing at the moment, but I did get some defense testing done...

Benchmark:

Wyvang Wyvang W145R2F vs. Reviser Reviser BD145RDF
Reviser launched first on all launches.
Wyvang: wins, 13/20 (All KO)
Reviser: wins, 7/20 (1 KO, 6 OS)
Wyvang Wyvang W145R2F win rate: 65%

I didn't use an MSF-H when I did this. That said this Wyvang combo was slightly below average IMO, and the recoil was a bit higiher than normal. Being Wyvang, it obviously still flung the thing across the room easily, but I just thought I should note that this isn't the max performance Wyvang can put on.

Bahamdia Ifraid SA165R2F vs. Reviser Reviser BD145RDF
Reviser launched first on all launches.
Ifraid: wins, 11/20 (All KO)
Revizer: wins, 9/20 (8 OS, 1 KO)
Bahamdia Ifraid SA165R2F win rate: 55%

Er... yah. Next to Wyvang and Balro I'm a bit unimpressed with Bahamdia Ifraid's ability to handle BD145 combos. It's still certainly above-average, but top-tier is a title that holds some weight, and I'm a bit hesitant about elevating it to such a position.

Bahamdia Ifraid SA165R2F vs. Reviser Killerken E230RSF
Killerken launched first on all launches.
Ifraid: wins, 1/10 (1 KO)
Revizer: wins, 9/0 (All OS)
Bahamdia Ifraid SA165R2F win rate: 10%

Um... I am actually very very disappointed at these numbers. :\ Even Wyvang can usually hit 30-40% against E230 for me, with Balro hitting a whopping 70% most of the time.

After these tests, honestly IMO Bahamdia is about as effective against conventional defense as Flash, with multiple disadvantages including

1. A lot of Inconsistency (I noticed several straight-on hits that resulted in almost zero smash)

2. Thin contact points (this thing really has a hard time making contact with certain things I've noticed)

3. Less speed and control of the beyblade (I honestly love flash because I find it almost impossible to fudge up the launch with. XD It's just extremely easy to use)

4. The thing can't touch Duo (This is the biggest reason Flash has remained on the tier list. I have never seen this combo KO a Duo defender... similar to E230, even Wyvang, which loses to Duo consistently, does far better than this setup against Duo)

After these, TBH the only way I would call this combo top-tier worthy is if it happened to do a good job of taking out F230. Really any attacker that can take out F230 would be awesome at this point, at least in my meta (we see F230 at least every other match most of the time).

Nothing against the combo itself, I just far prefer other things over this. I feel like it could be very effective against certain things, but it just doesn't work as well against as wide a range of combos that Wyvang does. :\ But keep in mind that Tri has shown stunning results. If other people get those kinds of numbers we need this thing on the list ASAP LOL. XD
I remember Meow! making an adaption to this combo, using Begirados as the top chrome wheel instead of Ifraid, so maybe if we compare the results of (MSF-H) Bahamdia Ifraid SA165R2F, and Bahamdia Begirados SA165R2F, we can decide what needs to be on the tier list.

Personally, I would consider this a testing combo after seeing TheBlackDragon's results.
It's not really a discrimination of which should be on the tier list because there's hasnt been near enough testing for them to be even considered out on in my opinion; although, comparison results would be nice I suppose. Begirados on Bahmadia doesn't really expose the contact points as well as Ifraid but still I'd like to see results Smile.
(Oct. 31, 2013  10:29 PM)Tri Wrote: It's not really a discrimination of which should be on the tier list because there's hasnt been near enough testing for them to be even considered out on in my opinion; although, comparison results would be nice I suppose. Begirados on Bahmadia doesn't really expose the contact points as well as Ifraid but still I'd like to see results Smile.

From what I got for the video, Meow! had decide to put the most obtrusive chrome wheel atop of Bahamdia, so that it would be able take SP230 defense with a clean slate.

I'm not sure if either combo can withstand BD145 and SP230 RF-based defefnse.

Here's the video:

It's possible that the results would be different if Killerken Gargoyle SP230RSF wasn't banked, unless that's how your supposed to do it.
I redid my E230 tests to see if I could get that whopping 70% again, and yeah ... I couldn't haha.

Bahamdia Ifraid SA165R2F vs. Reviser Killerken E230CS
BI: 5 wins (All KO)
RK: 20 wins (All OS)

I went ahead and did 25 rounds to see if I could get anymore KOs. Most of the KOs I got were at the beginning when I started testing.

I'm lost at my tests above.

*scratches head, pounds fists on desk, pounds face on desk, reads Divergent*
Me to. I must have had a great day with attack types that day. I usually never get that good of results. The last time I get as good results against defense using attack was Wyvang Dragooon SA165R2F.

So, I will probably try a third time later today or tomorrow.
Now that there is another thread based upon this combo(thanks to Tri), which seems to do a whole lot better than this one, should this thread be closed?
I think one of its weakneses are dragoon
(Nov. 04, 2013  11:20 PM)Leone7 Wrote: I think one of its weakneses are dragoon

Is that so?
Yep
Woah woah... you don't just close something like this. :\

Plus, we really don't have confirmation that the Begirados variation is actually an improvement on Ifraid.