Old Project of the Moment: Photograph all those boxes, and put them away for good!

2014 has come, and coincidentally the Beywiki Projects of the Moment are back!

I cannot be the only one who likes to keep the boxes or packages of the Beyblades I buy. However, you have got to have asked yourself once: but for what purpose do we do that?!

Let me give your life some purpose finally: the goal of this Project of the Moment is to take a photograph of as many product boxes as possible!

Take for example the photographs I took of the BB-96 Beyblade Super Deck Set:
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...et#Gallery

The idea is to photograph the front and the back of the box, since those are almost always unique. If the sides are interesting and not always the same, like they are most of the time in Hasbro's packaging, then we could consider shooting them too.

Please post the images right here before publishing them on Beywiki, since we want to make sure they respect our standard for quality, which notably includes of course the clean white background, a size of at least 800x600 pixels and very clear details.

As a bonus, contributing to this Project of the Moment before January 4th with at least five different boxes will give you 2 points in the WBO 5th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt! However, the project will go on until January 21st 2014.
First post, haha!

This sounds great, Especially the anniversary points! I'll try to gather as many boxes as possible before the fourth! Smile
If this had come sooner, you'd have basically everything from MFB and a majority of plastics ! Lol Buuut I threw them away because it was filling up my closet space.

I kept keeping them in hopes of the WBO needing them some day, but I thought that since a year or two has past, eh.
Do they have to be unopened boxes?

I will be sure to do as many as I can. The ones that don't have completely destroyed boxes at least.
When I can I'll be sure to try to take many photos of my boxes, atleast the ones that my cat hasn't layed in and crushed. For some reason "Project of the Movement" threads interest me like lasts year that involved the prices of the beyblades. Can't wait to start, I have the majority of 4D and Zero G boxes. Hope they are in good enough condition!
YES! I was just thinking about throwing all my old plastic boxes...

I'll be sure to get out all my old boxes and take some pictures soon.
(Jan. 01, 2014  5:28 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: For some reason "Project of the Movement" threads interest me

Moment *

lol
Damn. It's a good thing I'm flying back home on the night of the 4th lol
I'm sure I have at least 20 Takara Tomy boxes stashed away, but I just rip off the sides for reference.
Finally, all those boxes I saved up find a use. I'll be posting some photos soon.
(Jan. 01, 2014  5:22 AM)Cannon Wrote: If this had come sooner, you'd have basically everything from MFB and a majority of plastics ! Lol Buuut I threw them away because it was filling up my closet space.

I kept keeping them in hopes of the WBO needing them some day, but I thought that since a year or two has past, eh.

Are you serious hahah.

By the way, both Hasbro and TAKARA-TOMY are needed. As for SonoKong, usually the graphics are all the same, so it will probably not be necessary in most cases.
i can contribute... BTW for hasbro boxes, does it have to be opened ?
EDIT: saw superdeck set ... so got it
Do the beys have to be inside?
(Jan. 01, 2014  6:04 AM)OrionBlade Wrote: Do the beys have to be inside?

of what i know if its like http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...et#Gallery then there has to be beys in it..
Oh cool, I have a bunch of TT boxes still, I'll be sure to take pictures.
I've taken pictures of the boxes of the following beyblades: (Click to View)
Link to the photobucket album

I had boxes of some more HMS as well, but I had removed their contents so I didn't take those pictures
I got a decent camera, so now I can take better photos than before.
I tried with all the boxes that I have: CLICK
-for two of them we don't have an article on the beywiki-
I assume the light has to be regolated a bit, unfortunately also with this new camera I can't take perfect photos, let me know if they are good enough Smile
At least let me know which I have to re-do ^^

Made with an S4 mini.

In the album that I linked there are these boxes:

Driger MS
Gaia Dragoon MS
Draciel MS
Big Bang Pegasis Asian Model
HMS Twin Battle Bey Double Shooter Set
Bakutenryu Zeo
Hayate
Hm, I still have a lot of boxes lying around. If I can get good light in the next couple of days I'll drag out my box box and get some photos taken.

I assume this goes for Plastics too, at least I hope so because it'll save me a lot of figuring out what has already been posted.

FWIW, personally for boxes I always preferred the idea of folding them out into the single sheet of cardboard they're usually made from and scanning them (though unless you have a big scanner you'd have to make a full image from the separate parts you scan), though I guess that's not as nice to look at.

Also, really hoping we can maybe get a spoiler plugin for beywiki happening soon, or failing that maybe move the Overall sections of articles above the galleries as scrolling through all the recolors and boxes we'll have photos of isn't really a good thing to have people do IMO. Or perhaps moving all but the original color version of a beyblade to a gallery subpage (though for beyblades where we only have pictures of recolors I guess it'd be awkward to choose what to use on the page and what to put into a subpage. :\)
I have all of 4D and most boxes of MFB, number of Zero-G and some HMS haha.

idk if my phone is good enough quality though, I'll see.
I have a bunch of older Random Boosters and MFB Sets. I'll gladly take some pictures, later today.
(Jan. 01, 2014  11:34 AM)C a o S³ Wrote: I got a decent camera, so now I can take better photos than before.
I tried with all the boxes that I have: CLICK
-for two of them we don't have an article on the beywiki-
I assume the light has to be regolated a bit, unfortunately also with this new camera I can't take perfect photos, let me know if they are good enough Smile
At least let me know which I have to re-do ^^

Made with an S4 mini.

In the album that I linked there are these boxes:

Driger MS
Gaia Dragoon MS
Draciel MS
Big Bang Pegasis Asian Model
HMS Twin Battle Bey Double Shooter Set
Bakutenryu Zeo
Hayate

It is not necessarily the light, but there seems to be a lot of grains. Perhaps taking them in a lighter setup will annihilate most of the noise, but otherwise you should consider another camera.

(Jan. 01, 2014  8:39 AM)Justaway Wrote:

I had boxes of some more HMS as well, but I had removed their contents so I didn't take those pictures

Can you upload them to another image-hosting site ? I cannot see pictures on Photobucket in their full resolution, and right now they seem to have horrendous quality.

By the way, it may be OK if the content is not inside. However, that should be a last-resort option : if it is absolutely impossible for someone to either find an unopened item or to put back the Beyblade parts inside a package if the parts do not look completely battered, it may be OK. For instance, I had opened my Beyblade Super Deck Set on a few occasions when I placed them back inside the transparent plastic to take a photograph of the box.
That looks like a camera's firmware or software artificially compensating for low light to me, for what it's worth. Probably fixable with some better lighting and/or fiddling with settings.
I will try with more light Kai-V ('cause this is the only camera that I have xD) and I will post the results in this thread soon Smile
(Jan. 01, 2014  4:21 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2014  8:39 AM)Justaway Wrote:

Can you upload them to another image-hosting site ? I cannot see pictures on Photobucket in their full resolution, and right now they seem to have horrendous quality.
Should I retake all of them or just uploading to another image hosting site would suffice?
Justaway, I was able to see you pictures and the quality is good; it is just that the white paper needs to be completely clean, and all the background can be is white paper.