BeyDays 2014: 6th Edition!

Dear World Bladers,

Get up from your desktop, open your house door and embrace life: it's the time for celebrations!

On May 24th and May 25th, Bladers around the world stump their feet so remarkably that the dust has no time to settle: it's the sixth year of BEYDAYS!!

In the spirit of BeyDays, as you saw, we organised the second WBO North American Championship: GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2! Winners of qualifiers around North America will come together to battle and determine the best player of the continent!
However, the focus of BeyDays isn't just one tournament: it's all the events happening around the world at once, in just one weekend! Here's the list of dedicated communities this year:

May 24th
May 25th

That's quite a list, but we know we can do better than that, it's not too late! Where's Italy, and perhaps the United Kingdom ?

To help everyone out, we've got several cool features for you this year:
  • Regions who have never hosted a WBO tournament in the past will be able to hold a free event for BeyDays 2014 without the $5 entry fee!
  • We will also waive the entry fee for regions that have not hosted an approved tournament in the last five months!
  • If you can't quite get the eight required confirmed participants yet, we'll send invites to the Members who signed up on the BeyMap in your area to urge them to attend and have fun on BeyDays, before the Event Proposal is even approved!
  • We're increasing the limit of Credits that can be gained during one weekend from the regular 8 to 16! Battle all night if you must!

BeyDays, with all those exceptions, is the best opportunity to start up an active Beyblade scene in your region for the rest of the year!

So, do you want to host a BeyDays 2014 tournament in your area?
Click here for details! (Click to View)

Each participant of a BeyDays tournament will receive the brand new Face of Days V, simply for showing up and playing at an event! The design will be revealed... later!

Now, let the drums roll for...

... the BeyLotto!

This year again, every participant of a BeyDays tournament will be automatically entered in this BeyLotto. The more tournaments you enter, the more chances you have in the lottery which will be done completely at random.

Every winner will be able to choose one of the following Face Boosters for grabs in the BeyDays BeyLotto; don't miss this chance to decorate your profile with a nifty Face!

There'll be a total of... 35 winners! Places are limited this time, so do all you can to help your luck!

In addition to those Face Boosters, BeyDays calls for actual physical prizes, oh yes! And we're bringing back... ~ANYTHING YOU WANT~!! You want a new Girago to improve one of your combos? Boom! Your collection of recolours is missing a blue Orojya Revizer? Yatta! Your wish is our command!

For this special prize of CHOICE though, all we ask is that:
- The winners give a list of three wanted Beyblade products;
- The list should be in order of desire;
- The products should be reasonable- there's only been one recorded Diablo Nemesis Dragren Ver., yo!

What's that? Winners? Absolutely! There'll be four winners of ~ANYTHING YOU WANT~!! Here's the complete list of prizes for the BeyDays BeyLotto:

• 1st to 4th Place - Your choice!

• 5th & 6th Place - BBG-24 or BBG-25 Ultimate Synchrom DX Set!

• Lucky 7th Place - BB-10 BeyStadium Attack Type!

• 8th to 10th Place - BB-96 Beyblade Super Deck Set!

At least, that's what the list is so far...!

Purchasing or currently having a Blader Passport will ensure you a very special place in the results if you are picked! For example, the first three winners will be Passport Holders, as a way to thank you for your support towards the World Beyblade Organization!
Blader Passports can be purchased at the cost of $10 US either online via our Passport page, or at any official WBO tournament.

Submit tournament footage, gain extra BeyLotto entries!
On top of that, this year once again, if you film scenes at the BeyDays tournament you attend and put the footage together for the BeyChannel, you'll get an extra entry in the BeyLotto! Show us what your community's like and how intense the battles were!

If you have footage please send follow the guidelines outlined here and send it to Kei. If you do not have enough footage to put together for a 2-4 minute video as is described in that thread, send the raw footage to Kei through a file sharing website instead.

But wait- post a BeyDays tournament report, and also gain extra BeyLotto entries!

That's right: it could be on this topic, or in the thread dedicated specifically to the tournament you attended, but if you post a report of the event you played in, you'll automatically get an additional BeyLotto entry! It can be about the customizations you noticed were being used, what the ambiance was like, what you would improve or simply what you liked!

Spread the word out and support the WBO and BeyDays on Twitter and on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

#BEYBLADE #BEYDAYS

People may think Beyblade is "dead" right now, but that is what BeyDays was always about: not only does this site exist no matter the period, but we celebrate Beyblade in as many locations around the world as possible in any situation, all at once!

What're we doing?

A new topic will be opened as of today, called "What I did today for the WBO".

What's that for, you ask? While the level of activity isn't as overwhelming as it used to be during the peak of popularity Beyblade had one or two years ago, we find that it'd be important to keep track of each and every contribution to the World Beyblade Organization being made around the site. We all unconsciously contribute just by posting everyday, but concretely, was there something you did that made Beyblade and/or the World Beyblade Organization advance? Whether it's posted or in preparations, making sure all that help gets promoted in one single thread on the site will help everyone keep track of what each other person is doing to help. Sometimes, it's all work in the shadows that can't be posted for the moment, and perhaps a certain person is making annoying posts in your opinion, but hey, they have ten posts in the last few days in the "What I did today for the WBO" topic - maybe they're not that bad after all!

In that thread, you can SPAM it all you want with your contributions: it's probably the one place on this site where quantity means so much!

Visit the topic itself below for more details:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-What-I-d...or-the-WBO

Limited Format, in Zero-G?!

That's right: the default was to make Limited Format in standard stadiums, but what would happen with a similar ban list in Zero-G Stadiums? Oooh~

On this special occasion, we'd like to launch a wave of testing for this combination of formats, in the hopes of observing whether a completely different ban list would be needed, or if Limited Format could actually be done in Zero-G Stadiums and Standard-Format Stadiums!

Maybe even Chrome Up Modes can be useful in this new environment?!

Get your cardboard, your swaying stadium, and see whether the current ban list seems fair or needs some touchups in these other dynamics! Post your test results in the following thread dedicated to this potential format!
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Limi...Discussion

Face Contest: Photography 4!

Hey, these are becoming tradition every BeyDays!

The photography Face Contests always create a special buzz, so we're bringing the 4th edition to the table!

As usual, all you have to do is grab your camera and capture a magical or beautiful moment which involves at least one Beyblade. It can be from any generation, and it doesn't have to be the highest quality ever like for Beywiki photos, as long as something truly special is being illustrated!

For more details, check out the topic where you can post your entries:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BeyDays-...tography-4

The deadline for this Face Contest is June 14th 2014. Good luck everyone!

The $20 BeyStadium deal is still on: we've got 12 BeyStadiums remaining, and we really want to revive Europe, so if you're interested, don't hesitate to apply for one just because it's limited - maybe you'll deserve one of those stadiums!

Quote:WBO Limited Offer: $20 BeyStadiums Attack Type!!

The WBO brings you yet another awesome exclusivity! It might be too late for BeyDays, but it's certainly never too late to start up some Beyblade activity in your region.

You think you'd be able to gather enough participants already? You know the rules by heart? Everyone's set on a date and a venue, but all that's missing is a legal stadium? This is exactly what you waiting for!

The World Beyblade Organization has acquired a limited set of BeyStadiums Attack Type and will give them away for the really low price of $20 to potential tournament hosts in new parts of the world that are usually quiet when it comes to Beyblading! These stadiums, the fairest ever made for the Metal Fight Beyblade series, can also complementarily be used for testing!

There are just a few conditions that need to be fulfilled to be eligible for this deal:
  • The Member has to demonstrate clear, on-site efforts to concretise an event in their area, notably with eight or almost eight Bladers basically ready to play at any moment.
  • The region targetted by the Event Proposal has to be new to Beyblade tournaments or, depending on the demand, has to own too few legal stadiums for an event to reasonably run smoothly and quickly.
  • Of course, the cost for the stadium is $20, shipping included.

As it's been implied, we will deal with requests for those stadiums over in the Event Proposals sub-forum.

This deal is completely limited, due to production of Attack Type BeyStadiums having been stopped in Japan for some time now, so it's definitely your one and only chance! Grab this opportunity now while you can, and finally give your community what it's been thirsting for all this time!

We wish you an awesome BeyDays, no matter where you are! If there's one time to express your passion, it's on May 24th and May 25th. If we all come together, the future looks so bright, because we're building it!
I swear, I called Limited Zero-G, haha.

After AN, I'll have a boatload of tests for it- I've been dreaming of it since Limited's announcement. Tongue_out

Congrats to the WBO for 6 years of BeyDay excitement! Grin
This is awesomeness.

For the credits, how's it work? To extra credits have been added to what tasks? I'm definatly entering the photography contest.

Second post. To everybody below me; in your face.
(May. 20, 2014  1:43 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: This is awesomeness.

For the credits, how's it work? To extra credits have been added to what tasks? I'm definatly entering the photography contest.

Wait, what "to extra credits" ?
(May. 20, 2014  1:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 20, 2014  1:43 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: This is awesomeness.

Wait, what "to extra credits" ?

I think he means entries in the Lotto.
Quote:We're increasing the limit of Credits that can be gained during one weekend from the regular 8 to 16! Battle all night if you must!
(May. 20, 2014  1:49 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote:
Quote:We're increasing the limit of Credits that can be gained during one weekend from the regular 8 to 16! Battle all night if you must!

I'm pretty sure that's simply for people playing in multiple events, like at AN. That way, if they win two events (say Prelude and Zero-G), they get the proper number of credits for each.
Normally, if you participate in two tournaments in a weekend and are the host and won first place in both, even if you would be entitled to twelve Credits, you only get a maximum of eight per weekend, to avoid "grinding". For BeyDays though, the limit is almost lifted : you could hold almost three tournaments in the same weekend, organise them all and win them all.
Looks awesome & I'll definitely join in with the Limited Zero G testing as soon as I can!
Too bad I won't be able to participate in a Beydays tournament this year though... Those Beylotto prizes, especially the anything you want, look pretty sweet.
Edit: Loving the new banner, by the way Wink
(May. 20, 2014  1:41 AM)Leone19 Wrote: I swear, I called Limited Zero-G, haha.

I remember posting about it somewhere too. Good thing Gravity is banned or else Gravity F230GCF would dominate the entire format.

I sure hope the NC tournament gets approved, because I definitely want a shot at winning whatever I want. Is it limited to just MFB/Zero G?
(May. 20, 2014  2:08 AM)Woumb@ Wrote: I sure hope the NC tournament gets approved, because I definitely want a shot at winning whatever I want. Is it limited to just MFB/Zero G?

It really depends : as the conditions say, it should be reasonable. So, if we cannot even find one easily within the first few days you send your choice(s), there is a problem, hah.
Perhaps set a price limit?

Btw the banners get sexier and sexier every major event.
Neato! Cool that we are bringing back the whatever you want thing.

Hopefully I can go to BeyDays!
Anything???? Like Shining God MS :D?

Looking forward to this weekend hopefully nothing changes.
Oh, I just forgot one thing : when you post your tests for Limited in Zero-G Stadiums, post it all in the topic made specifically for it, since we are playing around with the idea for now.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Limi...Discussion
Can't attend one, but I will order a stadium and enter the face contest.
Oh wow. Work all day and miss this. Also use the hashtag #GameDev. Its gets ReTweeted by several different people.
Jakarta better be getting a BeyDays event, haha.

I can't believe this is number 6.. I still remember the first few, haha.
Awesome! This is going to be a great event Grin
This is sweet! Never want to miss a tourney on Beydays
Hope the Mumbai tourney gets approved soon
Yes Ashton.... Same here... Please approve the tourney Kai-V Grin
(May. 20, 2014  10:22 AM)Maximum Dranzer Wrote: Yes Ashton.... Same here... Please approve the tourney Kai-V Grin

You have proposed the event... if you answer everything correct there are chances it will get approved
GFFFFFFFFFFFFTHTA!!! YAY!

Can't believe we're having Beydays! To bad I can't host for UK this year as I do not have a camera, hah. Maybe some other person could though.