[Product]  B-20 Booster Horusood Spread Edge

(Nov. 13, 2015  10:41 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2015  2:54 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: Ok I take my words back. It looks gimmicky to me. But defence was looking gimmicky too but it is good driver. This driver is definitely not tt's idea I have seen this before on a fake bey I had.

Any idea how it'll perform then? Does it act like you'd expect, being an S that jumps up Q-style whenever it topples?

Yeah I thought defense will perform bad. But its far better then what I expect (I have one will buy more by 2016).
For the sake of consistency, here are the official pictures for Horusood :

[Image: QvuFRSp.jpg]

[Image: LuqxHtx.jpg]

[Image: 3gpGFV1.jpg]

[Image: mlIjTc7.jpg]

Horusood weighs 8.0 grams and Edge, 5.5 grams.
Are those the official images for the packaging etc.? That seems a bit odd in the quality compared to the others

I really like the design of Horusood and Edge, but i just wished the wings were narrower and taller, instead of the other way around. I think it better fits the bird depiction.
Basically there is not really any official images of the packaging, but these are officially being used by Amazon, so it works that way hah.
Horusood has a really nice design
but it's really too easy to burst, almost all the battles that it lost was by Burst Finish
Well I didn't expect Horosood to be that heavy, it's about as heavy as Kerbeus IIRC.

I actually haven't focused on the teeth lately though.
How was Wing not the Disk for this bird-themed Beyblade? You technically have to spread your wings to fly, but I mean, c'mon Takara-Tomy, this was a missed opportunity.
Gankoba released a video between Deathscyther Spread Survive vs Deathscyther Spread Edge!
Edge isn't as bad as I thought! It seems to hold, and it honestly looks like D meets Phillips head, and seems to not fall over like a sharp, although it goes on more angles than survive.
Wow, Edge doesn't seem too bad so far.

Thanks gankoba.
(Nov. 14, 2015  4:54 PM)Siⱺn Wrote: Edge isn't as bad as I thought!

The importance of not jumping to conclusions illustrated. Smile

Would really like to try Valkyrie Heavy Edge; obviously these types of combos won't be as popular with Deathscyther's demotion in the face of Odin, but still think the extreme tilt could produce some interesting effects.
Too bad it doesn't jump otherwise the recoil stabilising effect would have been fun to watch.
It would indeed. We have yet to see it face an attack type so it may still have defensive use but otherwise I'd say try it on Trident or Odin as a destabilizer combo since their upper attack might actually come into play with such a tilting driver.
Neither of those Layers can perform upper attack, nor really any aggressive features at all. I would say that no Burst Layer can truly perform "upper attack" as it's traditionally defined, either.
(Nov. 14, 2015  8:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Neither of those Layers can perform upper attack, nor really any aggressive features at all. I would say that no Burst Layer can truly perform "upper attack" as it's traditionally defined, either.

Not to offend you or hurt you in any way, but once again, you were the one who once said wyvern was useless. Don't take it personally though!
(Nov. 14, 2015  8:54 PM)Siⱺn Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2015  8:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Neither of those Layers can perform upper attack, nor really any aggressive features at all. I would say that no Burst Layer can truly perform "upper attack" as it's traditionally defined, either.

Not to offend you or hurt you in any way, but once again, you were the one who once said wyvern was useless. Don't take it personally though!

And corrected myself like what, a day or two later? And posted hundreds of words explaining in detail why I was wrong and explaining how Wyvern is good? Give me a break. It's not just me who thinks these Layers don't have attack potential, either; ask anyone who actually owns and has used those parts.

For what it's worth, you haven't contributed to the competitive discussion of Burst at all outside of making guesses. Please don't spend your energy bringing down those who are actually doing their best to try things out and post their findings. If I'm wrong, I welcome being corrected by anyone who's observed differently than I have Smile
Even if there was a layer that could perform upper attack, height difference between drivers is negligible at best so far, as if that factor of the game has been eliminated completely. So maybe like the first few hits or so, if angled correctly would work, but afterwards... not so much.
(Nov. 14, 2015  9:03 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Even if there was a layer that could perform upper attack, height difference between drivers is negligible at best so far, as if that factor of the game has been eliminated completely. So maybe like the first few hits or so, if angled correctly would work, but afterwards... not so much.

This is true, but worth remembering that since the stadium isn't flat there are often pretty significant elevation differences throughout the match.
(Nov. 14, 2015  10:38 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2015  9:03 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Even if there was a layer that could perform upper attack, height difference between drivers is negligible at best so far, as if that factor of the game has been eliminated completely. So maybe like the first few hits or so, if angled correctly would work, but afterwards... not so much.

This is true, but worth remembering that since the stadium isn't flat there are often pretty significant elevation differences throughout the match.

Ironically, upper attacks would need the middle, the lowest elevation, which would be hard to upper attack in and they would move around a lot anyway, and the opponent if using a still beyblade will be in the middle anyway.
Well, you can knock the Beyblade away from the center and then hit it again ... also, Beyblades are rarely completely upright unless they're at full speed in the very center of the stadium. There are a lot of variables that make this complex, but I totally believe that upper attack can exist even if the Drivers are all the same height. But I think it might just be too powerful in Burst; attacks from underneath the Layer seem to often result in bursting even at extremely low speeds.
I hadn't seen this mentioned yet but they have changed the packaging slightly with Horusood when it comes to scanning the QR code.

[Image: IMG_0393_zps32yfnlhg.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0392_zps82i4azoq.jpg]
Oh yeah, was gonna show that in my Unboxing but it wasn't 12am so I couldn't scan my code, I got it a day before the official release.
Good call by TT, it was way too easy to damage the QR code or miss it before.
Might as well drop this here.

Enjoy! It goes fairly in depth.
The Driver looks quite painful.

I am hyped.