BSF Discussion

I honestly believe this should be considered one of the best sway defense tips. It is extremely hard to Sway KO. I have only had time to do 2 sets of tests, but will try to work on more soon.

MSF-Saramanda Wyvang E230BSF vs. Diablo Nemesis E230CF
SW always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
SW: 20 (16 OS, 4 KO, 0 SKO)
Diablo: 0 (0 OS, 0 KO, 0 SKO)
SW Win %: 100.0%

MSF-Saramanda Wyvang E230BSF vs. Phoenic Balro E230CF
SW: 16 (15 OS, 0 KO, 1 SKO)
PB: 4 (1 OS, 3 KO, 0 SKO)
SW Win %: 80.0%

Even though BSF could be moved around a little, it never got close enough to a pocket to even worry that it might be swayed out. Diablo didn't have a chance, and Phoenic Balro's wins were by just straight smash attack (and let me tell you that Synchrom has some awesome smash).

After doing a few more informal tests after these, I believe I like SP230BSF more than I do E230BSF. It seems to have a bit more needed stamina. The one loss by OS and the ties that happened vs Phoenic Balro were because SW was sitting in the center and PB was circling around it without contact, and then they both fell at the same time. When I tried SP230 that didn't happen, and it had plenty of stamina left to OS PB.

I will do my best to do any requests in a timely manner, and would appreciate other members tests as well.
Hmm, interesting ... Tests against Diablo/Synchrome you like for sway E230 GF?
Can comparison tests be done with SF or RSF, to actually see if it is BSF's performance alone that can pull off these results?
SF and RSF acttually can be used has sway defense? i think the benchmark should be with SB
Gonna try and do the GF, SF, and RSF tests between now and tomorrow night. Any specific Synchrom y'all want it to be tested against or is Diablo or Phoenic Balro ok? I like Phoenic Balro cause it will show how well it can handle regular smash attack too.
Well, these results surprised me a bit, but unfortunately for BSF, AS, S, ES, MS, RS, BS, SF, RSF, B, SB, MB, and WB all get similar results. So, in my opinion, the best sway defense tips are the ones that can either: Resist sway and smash attack ex. RS or: Resist sway attack and OS a decent amount of bottoms. Right now, BSF, SF, WB, MB, and AS seem to have the most potential for that, so the stamina of sway defense bottoms certainly needs to be tested as well.
I can definitely vouch for SF, RSF, and SB getting similar results. I think out of the ones I have tested, BSF performs the best stamina wise. It gives more wobble time than SF and SB, and it obviously spins longer than RSF. However, I think RSF is going to be great for sway/smash defense.
for a bb-10 stadium what would be better rsf or bsf
(Jan. 18, 2013  2:59 AM)dark aquario 55 Wrote: for a bb-10 stadium what would be better rsf or bsf

RSF would probably be better in defense use, but I'm not 100% sure since I don't own a BSF. I also believe that KainHighwind will do comparative tests with SF and RSF.
(Jan. 18, 2013  2:59 AM)dark aquario 55 Wrote: for a bb-10 stadium what would be better rsf or bsf

This forum is for Zero-G, but I'll answer your question anyways. Use RSF for defense and BSF in balance. Neither are good for attack or stamina.
This thread and subforum is strictly for the zero g stadium only. Any questions not related to this thread need to be asked in the Ask a Question Get an Answer thread.

As far as comparison tests go, ShinobuXD is absolutely correct in that RSF and SF perform almost identical to BSF in terms of sway defense. So now it really comes down to which is better vs everything but sway.
So... I have a sway combo that is MSF Saramanda Saramanda 160SB (i know would be better other wheels)

can you test if its better with BSF? (testing with top tier chrome wheels)

Thanks

PS: If the track and bottom of my combo are outclassed let me know by pm because i don't know and I like to actualize it if necessary
This is pretty interesting. Can you do benchmark tests with SB, RSF, and BWD?
BWD doesn't seem to be very good for sway defense. SB is right on par with BSF. However, seems SB is a little harder to smash KO, whereas, BSF is a little harder to OS because of the added wobble time.

Saramanda Wyvang E230BWD vs. Phoenic Balro E230CF
SW: 6 (4 OS, 0 KO, 2 SKO)
PB: 14 (1 OS, 0 KO, 13 SKO)
SW Win %: 30.0%

Saramanda Wyvang E230SB vs. Phoenic Balro E230CF
SW: 15 (13 OS, 0 KO, 2 SKO)
PB: 5 (4 OS, 1 KO, 0 SKO)
SW Win %: 75.0%

SW's sway KOs were when PB self KOed. I still have to do RSF tests.
I thought that saramanda wyvang e230bwd would win but I guess not and I thought that bwd does not sway
(Jan. 20, 2013  9:38 PM)dark aquario 55 Wrote: I thought that saramanda wyvang e230bwd would win but I guess not and I thought that bwd does not sway

Every bottom has a tendency to sway. B-Series and its variants handle sway better but their balance isn't really good. Meanwhile, D-Series and its variants have the upper hand in balance but aren't really resistant to sway.
Wow, I really like RSF. I honestly had to practice for a little before I did formal tests. With Saramanda Wyvang being so heavy and RSF having a decent amount of grip, it was causing a lot of self KOs for Phoenic Balro. After I toned down my launch here is what I came up with.

Saramanda Wyvang E230RSF vs. Phoenic Balro E230CF
SW: 16 (13 OS, 0 KO, 3 SKO)
PB: 4 (3 OS, 1 KO, 0 SKO)
SW Win %: 80.0%

SW's sway KOs were again self KOs by PB when I would launch too hard. If you launch at just the right strength and PB goes into a stall, then you can OS RSF, but that is not easy.
Interesting.. So it seems like most Semi-Flat tips are good for Sway Defense. I would like to see if WSF can pull this off, but it might self KO more. Nice test!
I did a bunch of Zero-G sway defense comparisons today. Here are my tests. Ten rounds only though, since I don't really have enough time to do 240 test battles lol.

MSF Gryph Balro SA165(Zero-G Attack Mode)
CF is always used. MSF-H Revizer Revizer E230(Lower) ___ is always the defense type.

BSF vs CF
BSF:8(5 OS,3 0GKO)
CF:2(OS,KO)
BSF Win Rate: 80 %

MB vs CF
MB:5 (3 0GKO,1 KO,1 OS)
CF:5(3 KO,2 0GKO)
MB Win Rate:50 %

SB vs CF
SB:8(7 OS,0GKO)
CF:2(OS,KO)
SB Win Rate:80 %