[12/27/13 Berlin, CT] Before The Big Bang

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: au6t.jpg]

...Leone19 wanted me to post that one Tongue_out
Anyway, it's time... Leone19 & I will be cohosting our second tournament & this time, we decided to switch things up a little!
As the title says, this tournament will be using Beyblades from "before Big Bang" (in other words, we'll be having an optional, but HIGHLY encouraged pre-4D/Metal Fury tournament)

Registration Time: 8:30-9:00am
Tournament time: 9:00-12:00ish
Location: the Berlin Community Center - 234 Kensington Rd, Berlin, CT 06037 (same location as last time)
Format: BB-10
Prizes: TBD. Probably some Beyblades to go along with the theme, if you catch my drift Wink

So... what does this mean?
Basically, we wanted to make things more interesting, so if you choose to participate in this format, Beyblades from Zero G/Shogun Steel, 4D/Metal Fury, & Hyperblades will NOT be allowed.
What will be allowed are Beyblades from the first two seasons of the Metal Fight saga - This means anything from Metal Fusion and Metal Masters.

How do I know if my Beyblade is pre-4D?
Leone has complied a list of "illegal" Beyblades from 4D & Metal Fury. If you are not sure what Zero G is, basically, this means nothing with two metal wheels that you can put together. These are the Beyblades that have been in stores since the end of the summer. For any more clarification, feel free to ask one of us in the thread or through PM. We may make a list at a later time.

Do I need to use pre-4D Beyblades to participate in the tournament?
Absolutely not! If you don't have the proper equipment or you would just rather use new parts, by all means, go ahead.

How will this format work, exactly?
In order to do this fairly, Leone19 and I will ask both players before each match if they would like to use pre-4D Beys. If the answer is yes for both bladers, this format will take place. Be honest, guys. Saying that you want to have a pre-4D match & then battling with a synchrom isn't cool. In some cases, we may check to make sure that your parts will work beforehand. If one player wants to use newer parts, the match will proceed normally.

4D and Metal Fury parts that cannot be used for this format:
Zero G parts that cannot be used for this format:
Notice: In addition to banning all Zero G, Metal Fury, & 4D parts, the metal wheel Libra will also be discouraged in pre-4D play

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Confirmed Attendees:
The Supreme One
Leone19
Dr. Leo
XtraCorruption
Bladerblock
SmithA
SmithL
Sakyodragoon123
Nohzone
EJ10
Haspro

Possible Attendees:
Andyi6
Rkalajian
Akalajian
Dmkalajian
MidnightLWBO
Bahamdia Master
KingdomBlader
Hotrodalex
Joyce
baero
bbladerbrandon

Pre-4D Players
The Supreme One
Leone19
Xtracorruption
Bladerblock
SmithA
SmithL
Haspro
EJ10

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(DELETED)
Diablo is listed in the OP...
yeah.. didnt read it at first Tongue_out
i would like to take part in your tournament.

Is BB-121B wing pegasus 90WF allowed in your tournament?
(Dec. 01, 2013  1:29 AM)sakyodragoon123 Wrote: i would like to take part in your tournament.

Is BB-121B wing pegasus 90WF allowed in your tournament?

Technically, anything is "allowed" but check the list for "Discouraged" parts.

Wing Pegasus is discouraged. As I said, check the list to see what's discouraged or not.

You'll be added. Tongue_out
Man, I just realized that akalajian and dmkalajian have a good amount of pre-4D stuff, but I've got surprisingly little.

I have to fix that Grin
(Dec. 01, 2013  3:40 AM)rkalajian Wrote: Man, I just realized that akalajian and dmkalajian have a good amount of pre-4D stuff, but I've got surprisingly little.

I have to fix that Grin
Haha they won't let you borrow theirs? Tongue_out
Just to let everyone know, and I'd like to emphasize to arrive at 8:30 on the dot, since we have a limited time in the room and no one wants to go outside on a late December day to finish a tournament, haha. If anyone arrives after the event begins (later than about 9:10), they will not be allowed to participate in the tournament, due to the time it will take to redo brackets.

I know we have like 3 weeks, but I'd like to point it out sooner, rather than later. I know we had a few late participants at BOOL.

Also, the "logo" has been added to the OP, ironically enough, it was my project for Digital Art- our first time in Illustrator, haha.
(Dec. 03, 2013  1:26 AM)nohzone Wrote: I'm going

Awesome, you'll be added.
Grin
Would love to be there, but I have to work. We'll have family here for Christmas though so maybe hotrodalex and joyce can talk them into taking them but it would still mean getting up before 7 and I'm not sure that's going to fly.

If there's any chance future Berlin events can start at 10 or later we'd have a much better chance of being able to attend. Do you guys know if the time affects any others that would otherwise be able to attend?
(Dec. 03, 2013  4:13 PM)doc8466 Wrote: Would love to be there, but I have to work. We'll have family here for Christmas though so maybe hotrodalex and joyce can talk them into taking them but it would still mean getting up before 7 and I'm not sure that's going to fly.

If there's any chance future Berlin events can start at 10 or later we'd have a much better chance of being able to attend. Do you guys know if the time affects any others that would otherwise be able to attend?
Cool, I'll add the kids. Hopefully they'll be able to make it!
The problem with the times is that the community center closes at 12 on Saturdays & I have a feeling parents will get a little anxious if we have to take the tournament outside. Since we're still trying to get a feel for the typical timeframe, we're going to have to start it sooner rather than later. Hopefully this event will run smoothly & we'll be able to estimate a general time for future events, so we can push the start time forward to 9:30 or even 10 once it gets warmer.
(Dec. 03, 2013  6:23 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Dec. 03, 2013  4:13 PM)doc8466 Wrote: Would love to be there, but I have to work. We'll have family here for Christmas though so maybe hotrodalex and joyce can talk them into taking them but it would still mean getting up before 7 and I'm not sure that's going to fly.

Cool, I'll add the kids. Hopefully they'll be able to make it!
The problem with the times is that the community center closes at 12 on Saturdays & I have a feeling parents will get a little anxious if we have to take the tournament outside. Since we're still trying to get a feel for the typical timeframe, we're going to have to start it sooner rather than later. Hopefully this event will run smoothly & we'll be able to estimate a general time for future events, so we can push the start time forward to 9:30 or even 10 once it gets warmer.

Exactly. The Center is the only indoor place without a rediculous fee or anything and even I would not want to battle outside, on a cold December morning.

So far, we've had no other complaints with the time. Unfortunately, right now, it's the only thing that'll work. Tongue_out
Bahamdia Master might be a little iffy since he lives in Stanford. Like leone said, we haven't really heard any complaints, though we realize it's a little inconvenient for anyone who doesn't live nearby.
With all of the hoopla ("That sounds like a lot of"(Spongebob <3)) of the Limited Formats, I want to make sure that everyone knows the Pre4D part of the event is technically optional, so this does not count as Limited Format and the event will count for BeyPoints, as well as Faces and Prizes.
Hate to post again, but I sort of want to get a feel for who will be using pre-4D & who won't. If everyone who plans to follow our "rules" could let me know, I'll make a separate list in the OP.
(Dec. 04, 2013  10:42 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Hate to post again, but I sort of want to get a feel for who will be using pre-4D & who won't. If everyone who plans to follow our "rules" could let me know, I'll make a separate list in the OP.

Me, Bullchamp, BladerBlock, XtraCorruption.

Tongue_out
If the kids and I make it, we'll be following the "rules."
Good to know! I'll add you guys when/if you're confirmed though, so I don't have to make too many lists!
So are you guys switching this to Limited format?
Nah. We want to get rankings for the tournament, so we'll be sticking with our original plan. The one in January will have a side limited format tournament though.
Just to add on, Registration will begin around 8:45, please do not show up earlier. We (TheSupremeOne and I) need time to set up, as we have recently been informed the Center opens at 8:30 on Fridays.

Thank you.
Wow tournaments in Connecticut!!! I'm so pumped! I sadly can't go to this one though, but I really want to go to your next one, so please PM me when there is another tournament ok? Thank you!
I really want to join but i dont have any metal fury beyblades. is it okay if i could just use my Earth Eagle? Please PM me answer
You don't need Metal Fury beyblades, you can definitely use your Earth Eagle.