Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Feb. 09, 2019  5:47 AM)Jack Frosty Wrote: Most likely, as Hasbro generally keeps Discs and Frames the same.

I haven't checked in a while, but I know the Disks originally released by Hasbro were generally lighter: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Hasbro-...rt-Weights
Oh, then never mind what I said. My mistake.
Insert Clever Name Here...

1st: Ardmore Bladers
Genbu Dragoon SA165 EWD
Duo Cygnus TH170 TB
(Deck Format Finals Only) Death Hades BD145 CS
(Deck Format Finals Only) Flash Hades H125 RF

2nd: Common Pickle
Genbu Dragoon SA165 EWD
Duo Cygnus TH170 TB
(Deck Format Finals Only) Killerken Balro E230 WD
(Deck Format Finals Only) Flash Leone 145 TB

3rd: Kmuller
Basalt Horogium 145 WD
(Deck Format Finals Only) Flash Sagittario 230 W2D
Bay Area The Phoenix Burns Again

1st: PenguinSF
LC Perfect Pheonix Ωuter Xtend+
Archer Hercules 00 Wall Bearing
Crash Ragnuruk 10 Expand Destroy' (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: Mage
Archer Hercules 00 Eternal
Hell Salamander 7 Lift Bearing
Cho-Z Achilles 8' Xtreme (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: BurstingBeast
Balkesh B3 2 Bump Bearing
Garuda G3 8 Flow Flugel (Deck Format Finals Only)
Luinor L3 Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)

Challonge: https://challonge.com/bayareahephoenixburnsagain
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0

http://imgur.com/PQhF5Nl
http://imgur.com/0f4oeku
http://imgur.com/RaNuLiO
http://imgur.com/DqgMH3F
http://imgur.com/MOILOiw
Someone got through the First Stage using only Balkesh B3 Bearing? Shocking!
How well did that Cho-Z Achilles combo work out?
(Mar. 10, 2019  10:21 PM)Kei Wrote: Someone got through the First Stage using only Balkesh B3 Bearing? Shocking!

Are you seriously going to bring up your ban bearing thread every time someone uses B3.Br in a winning combination? Because it doesn't look like they've posted the Luinor Cup results yet, so let's just get this out of the way so you don't feel compelled to do this again.

I came in second place, B3.10L.Br was a combo I used and won with in 3/6 First round matches, and used B3.0L.Br heavily in one of my finals matches against epickblader and used it a few times for points again against Yami, who beat me 5-4.
There was another finals contender who went 4-2 entirely with B3.2B.At.

Happy? Get it out of your system, you're a broken record. If you want to ban B3, or Bearing, then just do it in some of your Toronto tournaments and tell us how it goes. Try it locally and see how the meta changes. Go right ahead, we'll just replace it with Hell Salamander.
(Mar. 10, 2019  10:44 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2019  10:21 PM)Kei Wrote: Someone got through the First Stage using only Balkesh B3 Bearing? Shocking!

Are you seriously going to bring up your ban bearing thread every time someone uses B3.Br in a winning combination? Because it doesn't look like they've posted the Luinor Cup results yet, so let's just get this out of the way so you don't feel compelled to do this again.

I came in second place, B3.10L.Br was a combo I used and won with in 3/6 First round matches, and used B3.0L.Br heavily in one of my finals matches against epickblader and used it a few times for points again against Yami, who beat me 5-4.

Happy? Get it out of your system, you're a broken record. If you want to ban B3, or Bearing, then just do it in some of your Toronto tournaments and tell us how it goes. Try it locally and see how the meta changes. Go right ahead, we'll just replace it with Hell Salamander.
Exactly! Also I don’t think we need to ban aB3 or Hasbro’s Bearing because I just tested aB3.0C.Br VS hS.0C.At and hS.0C.At was destroying aB3.0C.Br!
(Mar. 10, 2019  10:27 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: How well did that Cho-Z Achilles combo work out?

I only used it twice during the tournament but it was able to burst aH on Br both times
I only brought Cho-Z Achilles because of aH._.Br xD
(Mar. 10, 2019  10:44 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:

Hey DeceasedCrab,

I don't think there's a need to take this attitude towards people expressing their opinion on any particular part one way or the other. Everyone is welcome to their own feelings towards things, and we should respect that. I'm happy if people want to continue talking about how they think Balkesh B3/Hasbro Bearing fits in well to the metagame and don't think we should discourage others from expressing their opinions.

Thanks for detailing your experience with it! I appreciate it; insight into tournament usage of Balkesh B3 is valuable for everyone. For the tournament what was your first stage record with Balkesh B3 specifically? You said "won with in 3/6 First round matches", but I'm assuming this means you used other combos for the three other matches ...?

There hasn't been many regular Burst Format results posted here since the discussion originally began, so I felt compelled to comment on its appearance here especially given that it was the only combo used for the first stage (the main area of concern for me when it comes to Hasbro Bearing). The discussion publicly died down and internally we decided to wait a while longer to see how it did in the metagame, so naturally, after now seeing it beginning to pop up ... it makes sense to begin discussing it again.

To me, Hasbro Bearing is broken on a fundamental level in the first stage due to being virtually unburstable (and therefore immune to two point Bursts) while being able to be combined with parts that produce the best LAD in the game. This is why I will continue to express my desire to take action to ban Hasbro Bearing. Of course, in the end the decision is not up to me entirely!
(Mar. 10, 2019  9:55 PM)Mage Wrote: Bay Area The Phoenix Burns Again

1st: PenguinSF
LC Perfect Pheonix Ωuter Xtend+
Archer Hercules 00 Wall Bearing
Crash Ragnuruk 10 Expand Destroy' (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: Mage
Archer Hercules 00 Eternal
Hell Salamander 7 Lift Bearing
Cho-Z Achilles 8' Xtreme (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: BurstingBeast
Balkesh B3 2 Bump Bearing
Garuda G3 8 Flow Flugel (Deck Format Finals Only)
Luinor L3 Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)

Challonge: https://challonge.com/bayareahephoenixburnsagain
Spreadsheet coming soon...

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/PQhF5Nl

here's the Spreadsheets https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0
(Mar. 11, 2019  1:33 AM)Kei Wrote: Hey DeceasedCrab,

I don't think there's a need to take this attitude towards people expressing their opinion on any particular part one way or the other. Everyone is welcome to their own feelings towards things, and we should respect that. I'm happy if people want to continue talking about how they think Balkesh B3/Hasbro Bearing fits in well to the metagame and don't think we should discourage others from expressing their opinions.

Thanks for detailing your experience with it! I appreciate it; insight into tournament usage of Balkesh B3 is valuable for everyone. For the tournament what was your first stage record with Balkesh B3 specifically? You said  "won with in 3/6 First round matches", but I'm assuming this means you used other combos for the three other matches ...?

There hasn't been many regular Burst Format results posted here since the discussion originally began, so I felt compelled to comment on its appearance here especially given that it was the only combo used for the first stage (the main area of concern for me when it comes to Hasbro Bearing). The discussion publicly died down and internally we decided to wait a while longer to see how it did in the metagame, so naturally, after now seeing it beginning to pop up ... it makes sense to begin discussing it again.

To me, Hasbro Bearing is broken on a fundamental level in the first stage due to being virtually unburstable (and therefore immune to two point Bursts) while being able to be combined with parts that produce the best LAD in the game. This is why I will continue to express my desire to take action to ban Hasbro Bearing. Of course, in the end the decision is not up to me entirely!

You're said all this numerous times before. I'm not against people expressing their opinions, but once is enough in most cases. Especially for repeated walls of text advocating for a ban. Don't expect people to respect your opinions if you're leading a crusade to ban their decent layers or tips. Don't try to hide behind civility, what you're doing will be considered very rude by some people.

Like I said, ban it in your Toronto tournaments and see how that affects the meta. You're convinced the standard tournament results support your hypothesis, so the next step is a local ban. Enough words, try it.

I used and won with B3 in matches 1, 3, and 6 in the first stage. I used and won with a combo of hS.10C.At or something similar in matches 2, 4 (I can't remember if it was Cross or Glaive). I lost in a pP vs pP match 5.
Imagine Hasbro bearings only counter being stamina v stamina while stuff like hS aH and pP all have some sort of attacker that bursts them. Like comon do you seriously think having a part that makes beys unburstable without a gimmick to make them not burst is okay? To me it just seems like you like using exploits to get an unfair advantage above other players and that being you not having to worry about ever bursting, very nice, true skill, outplayed outsmarted 10/10 would play again. Nice meme "Hasbro bearing isn't broken 4Head" I'll make sure to yoink that one zlul
@[DeceasedCrab] @[CheetoBlader] @[1234beyblade]

Hey guys, figure it makes more sense to move this discussion over here instead. I've just posted a reply: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Ban-Has...pid1502975
Keeping it cLAssy - Burst Classic Format
Los Angeles, CA 2/23/2019

1st Place ThaKingTai
Spriggan Heavy Xtreme'
Neptune Yell Revolve
Gigant Gaia Gravity Orbit

2nd Place Nightmare Goku
Wolborg Down Eternal
Dranzer F Yell Bearing
Kerbeus Jerk Yard-S

3rd Place Alta
Roktavor Heavy Octa
Dragoon S Yell Xtreme'
Wyvern Gravity Revolve
(Mar. 12, 2019  7:02 AM)JoJo [Jp0t] Wrote: Keeping it cLAssy - Burst Classic Format

1st Place ThaKingTai
Spriggan Heavy Xtreme'
Neptune Yell Revolve

2nd Place Nightmare Goku
Wolborg Down Eternal
Dranzer F Yell Bearing
Kerbeus Jerk Yard-S

3rd Place Alta
Roktavor Heavy Octa
Dragoon S Yell Xtreme'
Wyvern Gravity Revolve

Love the diversity here! It's interesting that Gigant Gaia was a winning combo for both your region and ours but it looks like single layers were more popular for this one. Did anyone use gK? It proved to be a little too versatile for those that had it at our event.
(Mar. 12, 2019  7:02 AM)JoJo [Jp0t] Wrote: Keeping it cLAssy - Burst Classic Format

1st Place ThaKingTai
Spriggan Heavy Xtreme'
Neptune Yell Revolve

2nd Place Nightmare Goku
Wolborg Down Eternal
Dranzer F Yell Bearing
Kerbeus Jerk Yard-S

3rd Place Alta
Roktavor Heavy Octa
Dragoon S Yell Xtreme'
Wyvern Gravity Revolve

Wolborg and Jerk being used?
(Mar. 12, 2019  7:31 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:

1st Place ThaKingTai
Spriggan Heavy Xtreme'
Neptune Yell Revolve

2nd Place Nightmare Goku
Wolborg Down Eternal
Dranzer F Yell Bearing
Kerbeus Jerk Yard-S

3rd Place Alta
Roktavor Heavy Octa
Dragoon S Yell Xtreme'
Wyvern Gravity Revolve

Love the diversity here! It's interesting that Gigant Gaia was a winning combo for both your region and ours but it looks like single layers were more popular for this one. Did anyone use gK? It proved to be a little too versatile for those that had it at our event.

I believe Shingdog and Mitchjett both used gK in their father-son battle.

(Mar. 12, 2019  1:00 PM)AndyHG Wrote:

1st Place ThaKingTai
Spriggan Heavy Xtreme'
Neptune Yell Revolve

2nd Place Nightmare Goku
Wolborg Down Eternal
Dranzer F Yell Bearing
Kerbeus Jerk Yard-S

3rd Place Alta
Roktavor Heavy Octa
Dragoon S Yell Xtreme'
Wyvern Gravity Revolve

Surprisingly, Wolborg does very well in Classic. Alta and I had a hard time bursting it with Rektavor.
(Mar. 12, 2019  1:00 PM)AndyHG Wrote:

1st Place ThaKingTai
Spriggan Heavy Xtreme'
Neptune Yell Revolve

2nd Place Nightmare Goku
Wolborg Down Eternal
Dranzer F Yell Bearing
Kerbeus Jerk Yard-S

3rd Place Alta
Roktavor Heavy Octa
Dragoon S Yell Xtreme'
Wyvern Gravity Revolve

My dad was using it on armed orbit there and it was doing surprisingly well

1st Place ThaKingTai
Spriggan Heavy Xtreme'
Neptune Yell Revolve

2nd Place Nightmare Goku
Wolborg Down Eternal
Dranzer F Yell Bearing
Kerbeus Jerk Yard-S

3rd Place Alta
Roktavor Heavy Octa
Dragoon S Yell Xtreme'
Wyvern Gravity Revolve

I might have just not noticed, but I thought that Bearing was banned from Classic?
"I might have just not noticed, but I thought that Bearing was banned from Classic?"
Hasbro one is.
Driver Bans
  • All Dash & Plus Drivers, except Xtreme', Hunter', and Jolt'

• Bearing (Hasbro only)

• Atomic
So, they're fine, it was TT I assume.
[Image: sTt3w2U.jpg]

A NEW BEYGINNING - 3/16/2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Burst Format

1st: @[BladerBeast]
Archer Hercules (Level Chip) 0 Cross Xtend Plus
Hell Salamander 0 Cross Xtend Plus
Cho-Z Spriggan 00 Wall Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)
Hell Salamander Ωuter Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: @[OldSchool™]
Archer Hercules Ωuter Xtend Plus
Perfect Phoenix (Level Chip) Ωuter Bearing
Cho-Z Valkyrie 10 Bump Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: Kei
Hell Salamander (Level Chip) 0 Cross Xtend Plus
Perfect Phoenix (Level Chip) 0 Cross Xtend Plus
Hell Salamander 10 Wall Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)
Nightmare Longinus Turn Hunter Dash (Deck Format Finals Only)
Cho-Z Valkyrie 10 αngle Xtreme Dash (Deck Format Finals Only)

Read A NEW BEYGINNING Tournament Report Here
The real MVP was my TT bearing. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it Joyful_3
*kisses OP bearing gently.
(Mar. 17, 2019  6:08 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote: The real MVP was my TT bearing. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it Joyful_3
*kisses OP bearing gently.

Hahaha. We’ll see how OP it is if it faces an Xtreme Dash next time!