Toronto Beyblade Burst Tournament Report: Z Comes Before A

[Image: YrKFmCj.jpg]

TORONTO BEYBLADE BURST TOURNAMENT REPORT

April 28, 2018 at High Park in Toronto, Ontario, Canada • BURST FORMAT
OFFICIAL EVENT PAGE

-

[Image: WG2h1rW.jpg]

After being delayed a couple weeks due to freezing rain on our originally scheduled event date, the Toronto Beyblade community came together for their first tournament in nearly a month at High Park on April 28th, 2018.

After our experience dealing with the huge crowd of 47 players at SUPER Z, SUPER FUN, OldSchool™ and I knew going into this one that we had to step up our game and be better organized. These are the steps we took:

Organizational Improvements Implemented

• Increased Registration Time: The first step we took was increasing registration time to one hour instead of thirty minutes. Although, an hour and a half would have been even better. We also realized that it would be beneficial to just register people who show up early than to tell them to wait for the scheduled start of registration for next time.
  • Pylons & Barriers: We purchased a set of pylons and barriers in order to create a more well-defined and clean playing area for the tournament matches. A big problem at our last two events was people crowding around the tournament stadiums, which makes it difficult for both players and judges to communicate and move around. Honestly, this was probably the best decision we made because it worked out exactly as we had hoped. Kids and parents were kept at bay watching from outside the play area and we had the play area open only for players involved in matches currently and judges. I’d highly recommend getting pylons and barriers if you are an Organizer and expect a big turnout.

[Image: p8jKZne.jpg]
    The calm before the storm …

[Image: 0qNmjk9.jpg]
    The storm.

I’m not sure why we never did this before, but I’ve wanted to do this since witnessing how well organized an event I attended in Japan last year was.

• Megaphone: Made it easier to announce rules, matches, and so forth.
  • Tag Team Registration: We’ve been doing this for a couple tournaments now, but what I mean by this is that instead of having one person handle registration, have two do it. One handles Challonge and confirms each person is added to the bracket, and another creates a list that shows what each player pays or if they have a Passport.
  • More Free Play Stadiums: We usually have a few free play stadiums, but we made an effort to have even more on hand this time. I brought my Beyblade Burst Wide Type, Dual Cyclone, two Super Vortex stadiums, and we had an extra Burst BeyStadium Standard Type. We probably could have used even more for free play, but this was sufficient. Given how long people have to wait between matches, I feel like this aspect is key to ensuring players have a good experience at your event. The reality is that many players will be knocked out of the event early on, so allowing them to continue having fun in free play is key. I find watching tournament matches fun myself, but maybe not all of the kids … haha.
  • More Tournament Match Stadiums: The more stadiums you can have running during the tournament for official matches, the better. We’ve only had three or four at recent large tournaments in Toronto, but we bumped that up to five this time, similar to how we’ve run things at Anime North in the past. We wanted to do even more but didn’t have enough judges.

[Image: t9fUKyE.jpg]

It’s a good thing we implemented these improvements because we ended up pulling in a staggering 57 players! This was our largest tournament in Toronto since BEYBLADE CRUSADE at Anime North back in 2011 if I remember correctly (where we had over 60), and our second largest High Park event ever (the largest being Beys of Glory with 58 back in August 2010.

Organizational Improvement Ideas

• Match Slip System: OldSchool™ had an interesting idea that was going to involve writing down each match on a slip of paper. Judges could come and simply pull a match slip from a box and go do the match. Then, they would bring the slip back to the Organizer who would then input it into Challonge. This is beneficial because it means there is a paper trail for everything. However, this didn’t work out because OldSchool™ simply didn’t have time to write down all of the matches. I believe a notebook system would have worked just as well and involved less work for the Organizer. But then we had an even better idea, as seen below.
  • Messenger Match Result Reporting Chat: 1234beyblade had this idea; create a chat on Messenger for all judges so that they can simply report match results via tha chat and the Organizer can view them there before inputting into Challonge. This accomplishes basically the same thing as the Match Slip system. We’re going to try this at our next event.
  • No Selling During Registration: One problem which slowed down registration was the fact that OldSchool™ had his selling table set up. So while we were trying to complete registration, people kept trying to ask him about buying things. We eventually stopped it (for the most part) by telling people to wait, but next time we’re going to remove all items for sale from view (if there are any) until after registration so that we and the participants can stay focused.

The Tournament

The tournament can effectively be summed up in two phrases: “Spriggan Requiem” and “Garuda G3”.

There’s been talk lately about whether things like G3 should be banned. Nobody in Toronto had it until this event, so it was hard to fully grasp how powerful it was. Bladekid–who traveled from the US–had it at our last event and made it to the finals, but this time after searching what seemed like dozens of stores OldSchool™ was able to pick up around nine of them and sold them all before the tournament started (including one to me). Many players then proceeded to make their way through the first few rounds unscathed using the stock G3 they had just purchased. One new player–Justin TC–even made it to the finals using it.

[Image: gBokA6e.jpg]

Spriggan Requiem–on Bearing in particular–also continued its dominance. I won two matches with it, and lost a close one by a score of 3-2 to Toxic Cheeto using Sr.4G.Yd who was able to burst my Sr; it was my first ever loss using the combo since February. And funnily enough, OldSchool™ ended up playing the exact same matchup later on and won with his Sr Bearing (which seemed better balanced and therefore less burst prone than mine) 3-1.

The matchup with Toxic Cheeto is an interesting one though, as it ties in with how 1234beyblade and I were approaching this event. We had met earlier in the week to do some testing and discovered a couple things:

1. Nightmare Longinus becomes unusable against Spriggan Requiem after extensive use. Teeth wear is still a problem, albeit obviously far less than it was at the beginning of the series. His nL constantly self-bursted against Sr Bearing, while mine was able to defeat it pretty consistently.

2. Despite the consistency of my nL, we surmised that perhaps same-spin Spriggan Requiem on tighter Drivers like Revolve, Atomic, Destroy, or even Xtreme might be a better way to defeat Sr on Bearing because they would serve a dual purpose; bursting Sr Bearing and OSing many other popular combos. nL can beat left-spin Beyblades, and it does have a chance against other Attack types due to the nature of those types of battles, but it does in fact have worse stamina than things like Sieg Xcalibur, so in some respects its at a disadvantage. Using Sr in this way to counter Sr seemed like the best approach overall, so this was the mindset we carried into this event.

However, this to me is an indication of a serious problem with the game when the best option to counter something is another copy of the same part on a different setup. It means the game has become too centralized. As I described recently:

(Apr. 30, 2018  2:35 PM)Kei Wrote: There's been talk lately about potential bans on Spriggan Requiem and Garuda G3. I got my Garuda G3 this weekend, had a tournament on Saturday, and did some testing for a few hours last night so I figured now I can finally give a more informed opinion about how we should proceed.

Spriggan Requiem
Spriggan Requiem was abused to no end by the top players here in Toronto this weekend. It seemed even worse than it was before because instead of trying to counter Sr Bearing with Nightmare Longinus (although this still happened a few times unsuccessfully), many of us realized we could counter Sr Bearing with Sr on tighter drivers like Atomic, Destroy, or Revolve and still have the ability to OS many other things. Obviously, going from using an Attack type to using the same Layer to counter the same Layer is a bad look in terms of metagame diversity. It's obvious that Sr has become too centralizing.

Even so, because Bloody Longinus is already out, I feel it would be responsible to get some testing on that done quickly before making a decision. Normally I wouldn't advise waiting, but since bL is out and we've heard that it might be even better than nL, it's worth taking an extra week or two to decide. Our main priority at this point is to ensure the game is as balanced as possible for BeyDays at the end of next month, so we have time.

Garuda G3
Garuda G3 should be banned from Burst Format and Hasbro Only Burst Format, flat out. Here's a few reasons why based on my testing last night:

- I had heard that G3 had worse stamina than mG, but in my testing with a mirror match between the two, the loser was always whoever was launched first. Maybe there's a difference between the two, but it didn't seem very noticeable.
- G3 on Atomic is roughly as tight as mG on Orbit (for me anyways), but despite that, no matter what I through at it, G3 Atomic lost practically 0% of its slope at the end of each round. Can't be KOed. Can't be bursted. mG on Atomic is well-balanced because it gets bursted so easily, but I think we can't allow for G3 to remain in the game if G3 Atomic is tighter than mG on Atomic. There's a reason TT designed it that way, but Hasbro seems to have ignored it. We simply can't allow something with both high stamina and ridiculous defense to exist in the game.

Maximum Garuda
In thinking about a potential ban for Sr and G3, it also occurred to me that it might be worth re-evaluating Maximum Garuda as well. One of the reasons why unbanning mG was made possible was because of Spriggan Requiem. If Sr is banned, then mG becomes more threatening despite its more well-balanced design in comparison to G3.

That being said, despite it being more well-balanced, I found that in my testing last night mG on Orbit felt a lot more difficult to burst than I remembered it being (it did lose roughly 80% of its slide each time, but rarely bursted. That's much more than G3 on Atomic did, mind you) ... I tested it before and stationary sX was able to burst it pretty consistently. This time I was using my tightest Orbit Driver on mG, so I'm not sure if that's what was causing the issue. I'm curious to hear what you guys think about mG on Orbit and how to best counter it.

Regardless, I'm starting to feel again that the game would be objectively better if mG was also banned. mG's design is just too much of a radical departure from everything else in the series. It's never seemed fair to most Attack types because it just absorbs hits so well and has basically zero recoil.

As we proceeded into the finals, the usual suspects did so largely using either Spriggan Requiem or Garuda G3.

[Image: 7XQwvvX.jpg]

First, I judged SUGOI-KONICHEWA versus Cam77. Cam77 was coming off his first tournament win at SUPER Z, SUPER FUN in March. This match-up was actually pretty interesting; Cam77 had chosen to use Bearing on Emperor Forneus instead of Spriggan Requiem, didn’t have Deep Chaos in his deck, and used Yard instead of something like Atomic on his Sr. This meant that he was extremely vulnerable to SUGOI-KONICHEWA’s stock G3 combo. The battle somehow went back and forth, and Cam77 was ultimately able to squeeze out the victory by OSing the stock G3.8F.Fl with his nL.B.Ds.

[Image: vPaGQJF.jpg]

[Image: QKFPcRQ.jpg]

Afterwards, I was matched up against Toxic Cheeto again. This time however, I was able to defeat him 5-0 using Garuda G3 7 Star Atomic; like Cam77, he had chosen to use Bearing on Emperor Forneus, didn’t have Deep Chaos, and used Sr on Yard again, so he had no counter for G3.

In the second round, I was matched up against 1234beyblade. Our matches are always fun because we try to counter each other so hard. We both know the ‘best’ combos obviously and try our best to evolve beyond them. His deck consisted of sX on Orbit, dC on Revolve, and Sr on Destroy. I had anticipated something like this, but didn’t believe he would use sX on Orbit because it was obviously not going to work against the seemingly unburstable G3 Atomic.

In constructing my deck, I was extremely concerned about his Deep Chaos because of how strong his launch is. I wasn’t convinced I could beat him in a same spin match-up, so I wanted something left-spin which would beat it 100%. I had decided to use Sr on Xtreme as a counter to the Xtreme-based Attacker (whether it be nL or sX) I had anticipated, so my only other option was dF. I ended up using dF.P.Ds and was able to beat his dC several times (including one burst which put me up 4-2), but my choice of using Polish instead of perhaps 7 Bump crippled me slightly as I was scared of using it against his sX or Sr for fear of being KOed. I also had G3.7S.Atomic in my Deck, but despite some very close finishes, it was unable to defeat his Deep Chaos.

Eventually, he clawed his way back into the match tying it up at 4-4, but I still had he last pick advantage. He chose to go for his Sr on Destroy, so I picked my G3.7S.At thinking it would be a pretty sure bet … but I was wrong and lost the match 5-4. Smile We tested the round again afterwards and it went 1-1 … seems like it’s pretty 50/50 to me, but that’s how it goes sometimes. If I had spent more time testing, I would have known that and went for my Sr Xtreme combo which would have had a better chance. Upon reflection, I realized that sometimes overthinking things is your worst enemy; it’s one thing to try and be creative to evolve beyond what everyone expects you to use, but there’s also a reason why the best combos dominate. It can be tricky to find that balance sometimes.

In any case, I was happy to see 1234beyblade advance to the Top 2 for the first time in a while! And it was cool to see that our match contained no Bearing at all.

[Image: 42EMdwL.jpg]

For the third place match, I faced off against Cam77. I was able to pilot eF.P.Br to a 5-3 victory with a couple lucky wins against his nL.Ds (although he did score one KO on me), a burst of his dC.7B.Br (I was surprised he had picked this instead of Sr), and finally, OS his Sr.4S.At with my Sr.7B.At in the final round.

I’ve mentioned it a few times throughout this report, but Emperor Forneus on Bearing did see a decent amount of usage today as a counter to Spriggan Requiem. It may not have the best stamina for same spin matchups, but it has the potential to beat Sr and also has some pretty good burst resistance even when used on Bearing.

I felt a little bad for Cam77 in the previous round where he straight up lost to OldSchool™’s Sr.0B.Br despite having both Nightmare Longinus and Sr on Atomic in his deck … but overall he’s done quite well lately!

[Image: Wae1GEX.jpg]

In the final match, 1234beyblade fell victim to OldSchool™’s ridiculous Sr.0B.Br which had been stonewalling pretty much everything that day, either due to player error, or some sort of higher burst resistance magic he applied to it.

If the winning combos list below isn’t emblematic of the predicament TAKARA-TOMY has currently placed us in, I don’t know what is:

Winning Combinations

1st: OldSchool™
Spriggan Requiem 0 Bump Bearing

2nd: 1234beyblade
Spriggan Requiem 7 Bearing
Deep Chaos 7 Revolve
Emperor Forneus 5 Bearing
Spriggan Requiem 7 Bump Destroy (Deck Format Finals Only)
Deep Chaos 5 Revolve (Deck Format Finals Only)
Spriggan Requiem 7 Bump Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: Kei
Spriggan Requiem 7 Bump Bearing
Spriggan Requiem 7 Revolve
Spriggan Requiem 7 Bump Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)
Emperor Forneus Polish Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)

Photos
[Image: O9EkbzF.jpg]

[Image: Wn8lrls.jpg]

[Image: D8MC9wZ.jpg]

[Image: dp7G4Kj.jpg]

Deck Format Finals
[Image: aBlNzyq.jpg]

[Image: G9yRFJl.jpg]

[Image: YpgTdmx.jpg]

[Image: eCeQ3Lv.jpg]

[Image: 8DfW3YQ.jpg]

[Image: Ke0frDE.jpg]

[Image: UrBTAMe.jpg]

[Image: djSkdrV.jpg]

[Image: zgmIRtx.jpg]

[Image: iovrYgJ.jpg]

[Image: DVr36SE.jpg]

[Image: 42Djc4y.jpg]

[Image: HA1lLWM.jpg]

[Image: 4EtFuCU.jpg]

[Image: 2adi1Mo.jpg]

[Image: F35hX99.jpg]

[Image: vLFalKx.jpg]

[Image: XqespVQ.jpg]

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions about this event, please feel free to post below!

More Beyblade Tournament Reports
If you enjoyed this report, then you may also enjoy some of my other Beyblade Burst tournament reports:
And with this,  I vote yes for the Sr ban ^_^
Great report as always, Scott!

I'm glad we picked up those pylons and barriers! Not so glad that they weigh 7 lbs each and I have to store them xD
Yes, any organizer expecting 20+ entrants should have 4+ stadiums for free-play. Doesn't need to be Burst Standard type. Any will suffice. It would also help if the parents brought some haha
Using that garuda g3 I see. It kinda sucks that its probably getting banned. Same with Sr, I was gonna use the hasbro one when I get the switch strike wave 4 that comes out in June (I preordered it for that reason) but I guess its gonna be better for the meta game
What a detailed report! And props for breaking records in Toronto.

While I've already offered my input on the bans in question (I will point out that neither G3 nor mG were mentioned in winning combos), I do have a couple suggestions for running events like these going forward. Rather than having slips of paper or using Messenger to communicate results, what I implemented at our last event was a system where judges were decided and added to the Challonge brackets in advance, and one judge (in our case, AmishRaven) was designated specifically to announcing matchups. Using this system, we were able to speed through  an event with 60 participants in just 3 hours as the judges could simply enter match results without ever having to leave the stadium. We also put the Challonge brackets with the most recent matchups on display, so players could see their results and notify us if any were entered incorrectly (fortunately this was only the case in one match, and the player let us know immediately so we could change it without any hassle).

Of course, with this many players, megaphones or some sort of announcing system is a must. If this high volume of participants remains a trend, it might be beneficial to the WBO to consider reimbursing hosts for the cost of a cheap megaphone (I personally don't have one, but have been fortunate enough to host/judge events where other judges or players' parents did). You bring up a good point about selling, as that isn't something most hosts would consider until the event happens. In any case, I would agree that selling should not take place during the actual event, and be done on the side either during registration or after the tournament.
(May. 02, 2018  7:35 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: While I've already offered my input on the bans in question (I will point out that neither G3 nor mG were mentioned in winning combos)

This is more of a consequence of Spriggan Requiem's dominance than anything else. If Sr wasn't there, you can bet G3 and mG would have been. Most people didn't have Hasbro's Atomic or Orbit either. And I did win a couple rounds with G3 in my match against 1234beyblade; I just didn't win the match, so it doesn't get listed.

(May. 02, 2018  7:35 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: I do have a couple suggestions for running events like these going forward. Rather than having slips of paper or using Messenger to communicate results, what I implemented at our last event was a system where judges were decided and added to the Challonge brackets in advance, and one judge (in our case, AmishRaven) was designated specifically to announcing matchups. Using this system, we were able to speed through  an event with 60 participants in just 3 hours as the judges could simply enter match results without ever having to leave the stadium. We also put the Challonge brackets with the most recent matchups on display, so players could see their results and notify us if any were entered incorrectly (fortunately this was only the case in one match, and the player let us know immediately so we could change it without any hassle).

I've thought about this, but doesn't that create issues where a match might be completed but someone hasn't refreshed their browser to see the updated bracket? I can see this happening by accident and then someone not realizing until after when they try to input the result. That's why I've avoided doing this.

By "put the Challonge brackets with the most recent matchups on display", do you mean on a TV or something? I'd love to do that, but it's only realistic for things like Anime North (which is what I am planning to do if we can secure a TV from them).

(May. 02, 2018  7:35 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Of course, with this many players, megaphones or some sort of announcing system is a must. If this high volume of participants remains a trend, it might be beneficial to the WBO to consider reimbursing hosts for the cost of a cheap megaphone (I personally don't have one, but have been fortunate enough to host/judge events where other judges or players' parents did).

I agree. Same thing with pylons and barriers. This falls into the whole "Community Kit" idea we had a while back which also included things like custom mats. We've also paid for banners for a few judges too, and I think all of this sort of equipment will certainly be considered for reimbursement moving forward. We just have to determine the most cost-effective and safe way to do it (for example, we unfortunately can't really be spending hundreds on a brand new Organizer who hasn't proven their dedication yet, which is why for the Community Kit idea a certain amount of income was required before you'd be eligible).
(May. 02, 2018  7:50 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 02, 2018  7:35 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: I do have a couple suggestions for running events like these going forward. Rather than having slips of paper or using Messenger to communicate results, what I implemented at our last event was a system where judges were decided and added to the Challonge brackets in advance, and one judge (in our case, AmishRaven) was designated specifically to announcing matchups. Using this system, we were able to speed through  an event with 60 participants in just 3 hours as the judges could simply enter match results without ever having to leave the stadium. We also put the Challonge brackets with the most recent matchups on display, so players could see their results and notify us if any were entered incorrectly (fortunately this was only the case in one match, and the player let us know immediately so we could change it without any hassle).

I've thought about this, but doesn't that create issues where a match might be completed but someone hasn't refreshed their browser to see the updated bracket? I can see this happening by accident and then someone not realizing until after when they try to input the result. That's why I've avoided doing this.

We do this in London and it works. All our judges are added to our Challonge organisation so they can report results on the matches that they themselves have judged. Sure, refreshing has to happen (normally only for grabbing all the latest results), but it cuts out the middleman in general.
(May. 02, 2018  7:50 PM)Kei Wrote: This is more of a consequence of Spriggan Requiem's dominance than anything else. If Sr wasn't there, you can bet G3 and mG would have been. Most people didn't have Hasbro's Atomic or Orbit either. And I did win a couple rounds with G3 in my match against 1234beyblade; I just didn't win the match, so it doesn't get listed.

By "put the Challonge brackets with the most recent matchups on display", do you mean on a TV or something? I'd love to do that, but it's only realistic for things like Anime North (which is what I am planning to do if we can secure a TV from them).

I agree. Same thing with pylons and barriers. This falls into the whole "Community Kit" idea we had a while back which also included things like custom mats. We've also paid for banners for a few judges too, and I think all of this sort of equipment will certainly be considered for reimbursement moving forward. We just have to determine the most cost-effective and safe way to do it (for example, we unfortunately can't really be spending hundreds on a brand new Organizer who hasn't proven their dedication yet, which is why for the Community Kit idea a certain amount of income was required before you'd be eligible).

Ah, I see. I understand the push for banning G3 in particular, but I would be interested to see where the meta goes if only Sr is banned (or Sr and G3) and mG remains an option. 

In a truly unmanageable crowd that could be an issue, but actually with our last event, we had no issues with matches being called after they'd already been done. This was in part because AmishRaven was only calling and not judging, so he could scan the crowd to see whether competitors were at stadiums and oftentimes I would give him a thumbs up if a match had been completed but competitors were still at the stadium to let him know that we were ready for the next one. The Challonge brackets were on display due to us being in an indoor space and having access to a projector, but even when those resources aren't available I would encourage hosts to have a computer up for players to just check their matches afterwards and make sure that everything was inputted correctly, especially since minor mistakes can be hard to rectify later on when you as many players as we've been getting recently.

As for the community kits, totally understand the challenges of getting that up and going, especially for new hosts. Hopefully that will be something to look into more later this year :)
(May. 02, 2018  8:00 PM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(May. 02, 2018  7:50 PM)Kei Wrote: I've thought about this, but doesn't that create issues where a match might be completed but someone hasn't refreshed their browser to see the updated bracket? I can see this happening by accident and then someone not realizing until after when they try to input the result. That's why I've avoided doing this.

We do this in London and it works. All our judges are added to our Challonge organisation so they can report results on the matches that they themselves have judged. Sure, refreshing has to happen (normally only for grabbing all the latest results), but it cuts out the middleman in general.

You don't need to refresh if you hit the LIVE link button.
Wow, this looked great! I’m not surprised with the turnout?

We’d like to do something similar in Melbourne (Australia) soon, are there any tips or tricks that you guys have for running tournaments? Like the Registration and Challonge aspects? I’m gonna need this for after my OQ is reviewed, so that the tournament can run as smoothly / flawless as possible

I’d make sure to copy down all tips into a reference (from either of the organisers here?)
(May. 03, 2018  9:47 AM)leosama Wrote: We’d like to do something similar in Melbourne (Australia) soon, are there any tips or tricks that you guys have for running tournaments? Like the Registration and Challonge aspects? I’m gonna need this for after my OQ is reviewed, so that the tournament can run as smoothly / flawless as possible

I’d make sure to copy down all tips into a reference (from either of the organisers here?)

If you read through all of my recent reports, I've talked a lot about different tips and tricks we've used for our events here in Toronto. If you read those and the Organizers Guide carefully, I'm sure you'll be fine. If you have any questions, be sure to ask one of our Organized Play Contributors.

Good luck with getting your event up and running!
(May. 03, 2018  5:09 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote:
(May. 02, 2018  8:00 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: We do this in London and it works. All our judges are added to our Challonge organisation so they can report results on the matches that they themselves have judged. Sure, refreshing has to happen (normally only for grabbing all the latest results), but it cuts out the middleman in general.

You don't need to refresh if you hit the LIVE link button.

That's what we do, but I assume sleeping my phone and putting it in my pocket between matches causes a disconnect that Challonge doesn't instantly want to come back from.

Hardly an issue either way. The main point is that it's a good idea to let judges report the matches they handle \o/
(May. 03, 2018  6:58 PM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(May. 03, 2018  5:09 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote: You don't need to refresh if you hit the LIVE link button.

That's what we do, but I assume sleeping my phone and putting it in my pocket between matches causes a disconnect that Challonge doesn't instantly want to come back from.

Hardly an issue either way. The main point is that it's a good idea to let judges report the matches they handle \o/

Either way, reporting results is not the issue. It's allocating matches to the judges in the first place that is.
Ah, okay, my mistake. How many stadiums do you run at once? Admittedly we only run two in London, but we alternate matches within the round; one takes odds, one takes evens, effectively trying to leapfrog each other.
(May. 04, 2018  4:55 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Ah, okay, my mistake. How many stadiums do you run at once? Admittedly we only run two in London, but we alternate matches within the round; one takes odds, one takes evens, effectively trying to leapfrog each other.

We had 5 stadiums going non-stop with same judges standing at each. We ran the judge matches at the end of every round when possible, to to make it more smooth.
Hello.
I've watched the videos and been reading what I could on this site, but have a few questions.
My boy, now 5yrs old, has been in love with beyblades for a year now. He watches all the YouTube channels of bladers (kids and adults), all the old shows and whatever he can. He knows trainers names and blades and special blades, etc.
Thing is, I'd lovw to bring him to many of these events, for him just to see and also to play. Clearly, we don't have the killer blades that win, as I have no idea what wins. Ha.
But is a 5yr old welcome? He's pretty mature - but he's only 5.
He plays and has tournaments himself, or I try - but he always wins.
Is a 5 yr old welcome? Or are there kids divisions?
I don't want him to be/feel bullied or mocked - but also don't want the adult/grown ups to have to be "urghhh - a little kid".
Thanks in advance. Hopefully if welcome, we can come.
(May. 06, 2018  1:18 PM)Linc13 Wrote: Hello.
I've watched the videos and been reading what I could on this site, but have a few questions.
My boy, now 5yrs old, has been in love with beyblades for a year now. He watches all the YouTube channels of bladers (kids and adults), all the old shows and whatever he can. He knows trainers names and blades and special blades, etc.
Thing is, I'd lovw to bring him to many of these events, for him just to see and also to play. Clearly, we don't have the killer blades that win, as I have no idea what wins. Ha.
But is a 5yr old welcome? He's pretty mature - but he's only 5.
He plays and has tournaments himself, or I try - but he always wins.
Is a 5 yr old welcome? Or are there kids divisions?
I don't want him to be/feel bullied or mocked - but also don't want the adult/grown ups to have to be "urghhh - a little kid".
Thanks in advance. Hopefully if welcome, we can come.

Little kids come to these events all the time, they’ll be welcome
I dont understand how eF has potential to burst sR i mean could u explain that
(May. 30, 2018  9:19 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: I dont understand how eF has potential to burst sR i mean could u explain that

I actually wrote "it has the potential to beat Sr" in reference to the Sr Bearing vs. eF Bearing match-up. I meant via OS.
(May. 30, 2018  7:19 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 30, 2018  9:19 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: I dont understand how eF has potential to burst sR i mean could u explain that

I actually wrote "it has the potential to beat Sr" in reference to the Sr Bearing vs. eF Bearing match-up. I meant via OS.
Does eF has that good balance that it outspins mirror opposite spin Sr bearing