[Silver Spring, MD] 8/12/12 - Those Lazy, Hazy, Swayzy(?) Beys of Summer

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Those Lazy, Hazy, Swayzy(?) Beys of Summer

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for our August tournament being held in the Mid-Atlantic's favorite Beyblade venue, Martin Luther King Jr. Park - on Sunday, August 12 in Silver Spring, MD.

You might have noticed a little play on words in the title of this tournament, or you might not... but we will be competing in Zero-G stadiums!!! We will be using the Zero-G Attack and Defense stadiums for this tournament, alternating each round (attack, then defense, then attack, etc.). So bring your imagination, because we've got a whole new world of combination creation to do!!!

Location: Map of MLK Park The closest address to put in your GPS is 1098 Jackson Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904, but be sure to look at the satellite view of the map above for the actual location of the tournament which will be inside the pavilion (just above the basketball courts)

Start time: Noon-thirty
Format: TBD depending on number of bladers
Stadiums: BBG-04 Attack and BBG-11 Defense (Alternating rounds)
Surface: Concrete with blankets and cardboard
Fees: Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport)
MFB Prizes: Zero-G beys and gear (TBD)

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it.

Confirmed
  1. Arupaeo
  2. (Billy)
  3. War (formerly Tech)
  4. beymaster15963
  5. Clue
  6. aj_the_elite
  7. Shirayuki
  8. Katsuya
  9. night wing 247
  10. Sovereign
  11. Stars (formerly Galaxy4Stars)
  12. geetster99
  13. Fusion Blader
  14. Rip Blader 3
  15. J o nâ„¢
  16. BladerForLife
  17. Eagle Gingka
  18. Sonikkubey
  19. Beychallenger24
  20. BeyDestroyer21
  21. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Maybe
  1. Nat King Cole
  2. Galaxy4Stars
  3. X-Saber
  4. Kaboom!!!
  5. Breaker
  6. legendblader01
  7. tj0508

PS - I will have Dark Knight Dragoon and Random Booster 2 for sale!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Hope u guys have fun tomorrow, Arupaeo please PM me the date of the September tournament when you have the date.
(Aug. 11, 2012  11:28 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Surprise! Grin

Anyone wanna bring plastics/HMS?

me imma beat you with driger Joyful_2
Edit:ZERO G STADIUMS NOW
Ohh dear god im not gonna like this
Goodby WD...
Wait, Angry, you are coming?
Man, now I want to come even more.
i shall bring my hms angry

hah Zero G got legalize lessgo kids i ready to swayzy you.

also if anyone bring there yugioh? I'd be glad to bring some
(Aug. 11, 2012  11:28 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Surprise! Grin

Anyone wanna bring plastics/HMS?

Angry I'll play plastics with you if you give me right sonokong spin gear casings.

(Aug. 12, 2012  2:07 AM)Stars Wrote: i shall bring my hms angry

hah Zero G got legalize lessgo kids i ready to swayzy you.

also if anyone bring there yugioh? I'd be glad to bring some

I'll play yugioh.
lol who is this "Angry" all of you continue to referring to?

JK, if you're all gonna bring plastics and HMS, then I'll too.
i know its late but if anyone wants 2 play yugioh with me just bring ur cards
Getting ready to go now, see everyone there! Smile
(Aug. 12, 2012  5:47 AM)geetster99 Wrote: i know its late but if anyone wants 2 play yugioh with me just bring ur cards

Like I stated earlier. I'll play. I think I'm the only one who is still at home 0-0

EDIT: I'ma might be late
Yo i'm still home also Tongue_out

I'm Excited to See everyone again!
(Aug. 12, 2012  2:12 PM)Stars Wrote: Yo i'm still home also Tongue_out

Thing is, I'm waiting for my dad to come home, not to take me, but to feed me breakfast.
Not going to make it. Got caught up in the Gold Medal Olympic match USA Men's basketball. Hope you have fun.
I'm coming now. Can't wait to see everyone again. Also, wanted to mention that if Arupaeo Needed more Zero-G Attack Stadiums I could bring mine but not this tournament too late and this time I kept my Stadium in good condition Wink
Had a great time today, thanks as always Arupaeo for hosting a great event. Thanks to all the judges, and everyone who showed up.

I liked using Zero-G a lot. Even though I didn't do that well... lol. See everyone next time!
Today was great, despite the fact that we were using Zero-G stadiums. I had an alright time, but it sucks I couldn't get anything from Arupaeo. :\

See you all next month!
I did alot better in Zero-G than I thought I would well that Dragooon Draogoon BGrin... People listened to me about Bearing Drive in Zero-G! Well I need to break the "broken" Dragooon. Sorry I was salty at the end I am actually reknewed wanting to find ways to beat combos now Grin . I might make a new team with some people. Also it was Discussed at the tournament that Me and War will try to get 2 tournaments counting Aru's a Month but we will be using MFB Attack Stadiums. So lets see what next time brings us.
If I remain in the Top 50 of Bladers I will yell inm Happiness.

Also, in the judgingness I think I my Dark Knight Dragoon Stickers with LW160 and BSF fell out of my case did anyone see them and pick it up?
had so much fun execpt Arupeao riding people combo Lips_sealed
Wobbly Bowls Are Awesome!!!!

We held what may be the world's first WBO Zero-G tournament today, and it was really, really cool! 23 Bladers gave up their grip on gravity and launched themselves into Those Lazy, Hazy, Swayzy(?) Beys of Summer! We alternated each tournament round between BBG-04 Zero-G Attack Stadiums and the BBG-11 Zero-G Defense Stadiums, and did the same thing in the Finals.

And speaking of Finals, these were EPIC!!! 7 Bladers made it to the Finals - and at the end of the mini round robin we had a 4-way-tie for 1st place! Those 4 Bladers played 3 more matches each, only to have a 3-way-tie for 2nd and 3rd place! 2 more matches for each of those Bladers, and thankfully we were done!

At the end of all those extra matches, we finally arrived at the official results...

Zero-G!!!
1st place: Arupaeo
2nd place: ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
3rd place: Eagle Gingka
4th place: Stars

Maybe the coolest thing about the tournament today was watching the metagame evolve right before our eyes. Maryland is home to some fiercely competitive Bladers (including our frequent guests) and so you know that there was lots of Zero-G testing going on before we came into the tournament today.

But after the first few rounds, everyone was seeing the combos that were working well (and not so well), making their adjustments, and adapting. As we approached the Finals it looked like there was an unbeatable combo emerging from the mix - so of course we (geetster99) came up with the combo to beat it!

Adapt, anticipate, take a guess, come up with an "anti-meta" combo in the few minutes between matches, whew! Some gambles paid off, others didn't, but the whole game was moving forward in a way that only competition can drive. Everyone was working together and against each other in the competitive-cooperative way that the WBO works. It was really, really great to see it in action!

The next tournament is going to be sometime in September, and this time we will have the Balance Stadiums in the mix as well! As soon as I get a date confirmed I will put the thread up, so keep your eyes peeled. Smile

See you all next month for more Zero-G!!!

Arupaeo
There were too many! LOL

BTW, if anybody might've accidentally left with my Scythe Kronos on an illegally modified E230WD or knows where it might've gone, please contact me through PM.
I did my best to start us off in the winning combinations thread.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Winning-...pid1012235

Please contribute the combos you used (if you want to). Smile
I had a great time. It was nice to meet everyone.
i wish i would have thought of that combo sooner i would have done so much better
Had fun here, i'm sure everyone else did as well. Thanks Arupaeo for the great tournament, the Zero-G stadiums were very interesting. Sadly i didn't get any proper testing in Zero-G so my combos weren't really up to par, but ill be sure to give you guys some tough competition next month.
I am new to the site so just missed the Silver Spring tournament. Does anyone know if there are plans to have another one in the area anytime soon?