MLMPPCRTTH: The Final Counter

I've finally found it, guys; the one, true counter to Maximum Meteor and Lightning Tank!! After countless hours of testing, increasing my mastery of the parts this combo uses, and my special launch technique (which you probably can't do), I've managed to achieve an astounding 90% win rate against both Lightning Tank and Maximum Meteor. This marks the end of the new metagame introduced by LT and MM. You have no idea how proud I am to introduce this combo; I look forward to new attempts to counters that you guys will surely try to formulate. Beware though, while this customs tournament record is a mere 6-0 as of this writing, I've also put it to use in free play extensively, garnering a great amount of success. But what does MLMPPCRTTH stand for you ask?. It stands for: Maximum Lightning Meteor Pegasis Punisher Counter Rook Time Tank Hero. The name is a combination of MM and LT's names, along with almost all of the prominent so-called "counters" that have been posted thus far. Such a name is only fitting because MLMPPCRTTH is the culmination of all of our efforts up until this point to dethrone the gods known as Lightning Tank and Maximum Meteor. So ... what's the combo? I'll reveal it to you part by part, but first, let me explain the thought process behind it. LT and MM have been so dominant because of their versatility, correct? Many of the "counters" simply cannot stand up to them efficiently enough, and even those that can adequately do so, may not be the safest options to use against other generally encountered customs. This is no good. So, my goal in creating MLMPPCRTTH was versatility; both in performance against customs, and more literally, in the amount of modes possible. It should be becoming clear what the custom is by now. MF-L is used as the Face to provide additional centrifugal force. It helps improve the results of this custom by a surprisingly high amount. The Wheel is Gravity Perseus, one of the most versatile, useful Wheels in the game. It's ability to switch spin direction is important; left spin assists in allowing it to defeat LT and MM, and right spin helps in defeating right spin customs. The Track is the newly released TH170. The height change ability of TH170 is invaluable to this custom; each height helps to provide better results depending on which custom you are facing. And finally, the Bottom is HF/S. HF/S has not seen mainstream use since it's release, but with this custom, that will finally change. HF/S lets you easily adapt your strategy to Attack or Stamina based on who you are facing.

Now, I'll let my results speak for themselves first:

Attack Stadium
Launcher Grip + LED Sight + BeyLauncher for MLMPPCRTTH
Launcher Grip + BeyLauncher L for LT and MM
Banking with LT and MM
Note: I am a highly experienced LRF and XF user

MLMPPCRTTH (Defense Mode, 190 Height, HF Mode, Left Spin) vs. Lightning Tank
MLMPPCRTTH: 27 wins
Lightning Tank: 3 wins
MLMPPCRTTH win percentage: 90%

MLMPPCRTTH (Defense Mode, 170 Height, S Mode, Left Spin) vs. Maximum Meteor (120 Height)
MLMPPCRTTH: 28 wins
Maximum Meteor: 2 wins
MLMPPCRTTH win percentage: 93%

MLMPPCRTTH (Defense Mode, 170 Height, S Mode, Left Spin) vs. Maximum Meteor (145 Height)
MLMPPCRTTH: 26 wins
Maximum Meteor: 4 wins
MLMPPCRTTH win percentage: 87%

MLMPPCRTTH (Counter Mode, 220 Height, HF Mode, Left Spin) vs. Time Rook (WF)
MLMPPCRTTH: 29 wins
Time Rook: 1 wins
MLMPPCRTTH win percentage: 97%

MLMPPCRTTH (Counter Mode, 190 Height, HF Mode, Left Spin) vs. Basalt Aquario 230CS
MLMPPCRTTH: 22 wins
Basalt Aquario 230CS: 8 wins
MLMPPCRTTH win percentage: 73%

MLMPPCRTTH (Defense Mode, 170 Height, HF Mode, Right Spin) vs. Gravity Perseus CH120RF (Counter Mode, 145 Height, Right Spin)
MLMPPCRTTH: 27 wins
Gravity Perseus CH120RF: 3 wins
MLMPPCRTTH win percentage: 90%

Against Lightning Tank, simply Tornado Stall and you'll win. If you don't, you must be doing something wrong. Even if the Lightning Tank user observes what you are doing and Tornado Stalls themselves, MLMPPCRTTH is still able to push it out of the BeyStadium with an impressive consistency.

Changing to 145 Height with MM helps it slightly, but in general MLMPPCRTTH has no problems staying in the stadium and outspinning it. You could also try HF mode and Tornado Stall.

Time Rook lol. The slight height difference between 220 and 230 helps MLMPPCRTTH to get under Time Rook, allowing it to Attack it from just below, with what I might dare to call Upper Attack.

As you might have noticed, MLMPPCRTTH has some trouble with Basalt Aquario 230CS, but it isn't too difficult to KO it somewhat consistently.

The thinking behind MLMPPCRTTH is so logical, I'm shocked no one else was able to create it before I did. Really, nothing like this has ever been seriously considered before. I suppose I just had a moment of brilliance or something, hah. It's hard to estimate how long it took me to master and control this custom properly, and with all of the different options you have, I'm tempted to call it the most difficult custom to use effectively in Beyblade. With lots of practice though, it's deadly.

Unfortunately, most people don't have TH170 yet, so a lot of you won't be able to try this out for yourselves, but you can be sure that I'll be using it this weekend at BEYBLADE CRUSADE! Ahaha. I was actually hesitant to reveal it because of this, but honestly, I was more concerned about ending the current metagame than anything else.
Yes, these are GREAT results! It's nice to see a committee member stepping in and taking control of the game. The name makes complete sense since it is a destroyer of the current metagame. I will post some comparative results later tonight to support this thread.

Amazing job, Kei. Smile
Wow were you somewhat inspired by BladeStorm? These similar variants are proving to be extremely useful now.

When you say your shocked no one has found something like this.

BladeStorm: MF-F Gravity Perseus BD145HF/S was using it, it counters many too but yours seems extremely solid too.

I think MF Gravity Perseus BD145MF may stand strongly against this.

Extreme testing here, love it.
BD145 doesn't change height. Everything changes here. Kei is a genius.
(May. 25, 2011  5:36 PM)ControL_ Wrote: Wow were you somewhat inspired by BladeStorm? These similar variants are proving to be extremely useful now.

BladeStorm: MF-F Gravity Perseus BD145HF/S was using it, it counters many too but yours seems extremely solid too.

To be honest, I don't think it would be fair to say that I was. I knew he had been using HF/S lately in some customs, but I had never recalled what they actually were. The height change ability of TH170 is much more valuable than BD145 in this situation, in my opinion.

MLMPPCRTTH would surely be able to beat MF Gravity Perseus BD145MF through Tornado Stalling.
I was using a combo similar to this at the Meet up we had on the 15th of this month - At around 2:30 but with Metal Flat and I really liked how it worked but I'll give it ago with HF/S soon and get some results up for you.
Haha, hilarious name!
I'm a bit skeptical, how exactly are you shooting XF? Because if I recall correctly you don't have XF, unless you got it recently, trained in secret and didn't bother to post results in my thread.. :V
For this reason only, I shall probably go to BC, battle this combination and see for myself. Video?
(May. 25, 2011  5:48 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 25, 2011  5:36 PM)ControL_ Wrote: Wow were you somewhat inspired by BladeStorm? These similar variants are proving to be extremely useful now.

To be honest, I don't think it would be fair to say that I was. I knew he had been using HF/S lately in some customs, but I had never recalled what they actually were. The height change ability of TH170 is much more valuable than BD145 in this situation, in my opinion.

MLMPPCRTTH would surely be able to beat MF Gravity Perseus BD145MF through Tornado Stalling.
How does Metal Flat get tornado stalled? That makes no sense.
(May. 25, 2011  6:00 PM)Dan Wrote: I'm a bit skeptical, how exactly are you shooting XF? Because if I recall correctly you don't have XF, unless you got it recently, trained in secret and didn't bother to post results in my thread.. :V
For this reason only, I shall probably go to BC, battle this combination and see for myself. Video?

I have a couple of them, actually! I'm pretty much a master XF user; I never seem to self KO at all with my special launch technique; a technique which involves a bit more than just banking. And no, I won't be showing anyone it before BEYBLADE CRUSADE; it's something completely new to Beyblade that I came up with myself, and I doubt anyone would be able to do it anyways.

(May. 25, 2011  6:08 PM)ControL_ Wrote: How does Metal Flat get tornado stalled? That makes no sense.

Try it for yourself!
Aw dang i was gonna do that Combo But i dont have TH170 Uncertain Beaten..... Anyway Side of that Great COMBO!
(May. 25, 2011  6:14 PM)Galaxy4ever Wrote: Aw dang i was gonna do that Combo But i dont have TH170 Uncertain Beaten..... Anyway Side of that Great COMBO!

Thanks! It really is amazing. I'm so glad to have been the one to create it. I had been thinking of trying this combo since shortly after TH170 was revealed, which was probably before you had begun to think about it.
Amazing combo Kei, so your getting solid results, can you test against MF-H Basalt Bull BD145 MB, as I'm also interested to see that
(May. 25, 2011  6:13 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 25, 2011  6:00 PM)Dan Wrote: I'm a bit skeptical, how exactly are you shooting XF? Because if I recall correctly you don't have XF, unless you got it recently, trained in secret and didn't bother to post results in my thread.. :V

I have a couple of them, actually! I'm pretty much a master XF user; I never seem to self KO at all with my special launch technique; a technique which involves a bit more than just banking. And no, I won't be showing anyone it before BEYBLADE CRUSADE; it's something completely new to Beyblade that I came up with myself, and I doubt anyone would be able to do it anyways.

(May. 25, 2011  6:08 PM)ControL_ Wrote: How does Metal Flat get tornado stalled? That makes no sense.

Try it for yourself!
What spin directions are you using?
(May. 25, 2011  6:18 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 25, 2011  6:14 PM)Galaxy4ever Wrote: Aw dang i was gonna do that Combo But i dont have TH170 Uncertain Beaten..... Anyway Side of that Great COMBO!

Thanks! It really is amazing. I'm so glad to have been the one to create it. I had been thinking of trying this combo since shortly after TH170 was revealed, which was probably before you had begun to think about it.
Well i Did that with BD145 i mean It Really killed Every Tier Defense and Lighting Tank (Only RF)
(May. 25, 2011  6:22 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: Amazing combo Kei, so your getting solid results, can you test against MF-H Basalt Bull BD145 MB, as I'm also interested to see that

Sure, I'll try to do it sometime today. I suspect it will dominate.

(May. 25, 2011  6:23 PM)ControL_ Wrote: What spin directions are you using?

Against MF Gravity Perseus BD145MF? Whichever spin direction that Gravity Perseus is spinning in.
(May. 25, 2011  6:27 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 25, 2011  6:22 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: Amazing combo Kei, so your getting solid results, can you test against MF-H Basalt Bull BD145 MB, as I'm also interested to see that

Against MF Gravity Perseus BD145MF? Whichever spin direction that Gravity Perseus is spinning in.
Which is exactly the problem. The versatile functions are its weaknesses. In a tournament how will you know which spin direction your opponent is spinning in?
I like how every single piece has a gimmick that can be changed mid match. Well besides the facebolt. In a sense you could could use a new combo every round.

I've actually been using hf/s on my "birthday cake" combo. :p. It gets nice results.
(May. 25, 2011  6:29 PM)Otsu Wrote: I like how every single piece has a gimmick that can be changed mid match. Well besides the facebolt. In a sense you could could use a new combo every round.

I've actually been using hf/s on my "birthday cake" combo. :p. It gets nice results.
Birthday cake combo hmmmmmmm
(May. 25, 2011  6:29 PM)ControL_ Wrote:
(May. 25, 2011  6:27 PM)Kei Wrote:

Which is exactly the problem. The versatile functions are its weaknesses. In a tournament how will you know which spin direction your opponent is spinning in?
You use your eyes to see what launcher your opponent attached to?
But can BD145 use as an alternate track?
You can't switch modes between battles.
Wow. I was discussing the launch technique with Kei via pm and I tried this. I get similar results. His are slightly better because I'm not as good with the launch yet. This might end the metagame all together.
(May. 25, 2011  6:41 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Wow. I was discussing the launch technique with Kei via pm and I tried this. I get similar results. His are slightly better because I'm not as good with the launch yet. This might end the metagame all together.

Thanks! This really is the start of a revolution. I figured, "well, if even Cye can't master the technique completely, what chance does everyone else have!". There's really no point in me making a video, or trying to describe it to anyone else right now. People would get horrible results, and I'd have to just tell them "you're doing it wrong".
(May. 25, 2011  6:31 PM)Deikailo Wrote: You use your eyes to see what launcher your opponent attached to?

Doesn't work against more formidable opponents.
Just wondering, would it be a good idea to use the stamina or attack versions of Perseus for this?