PROJECT SOCIAL MEDIA: Submit Tournament Photos & Videos, Earn Bit Boosters!

[Image: WBO-Project-Social-Media.jpg]

Hey World Bladers!

As many of you already know, the WBO runs several social media platforms: a Facebook, Twitter, and an Instagram!

Submit Tournament Photos & Short Vertical Video Clips

In order to better represent our massive worldwide community and demonstrate how much fun our events are to people who may not have joined us yet, we want you to help us represent the World Beyblade Organization and show the world what Beyblade is like where you live!

We're putting out an open call to all Bladers: please take and share photos and videos from your official WBO sanctioned events with us! Here's some examples of the type of content we are looking for:

Content Types:
  • Group Photos of Tournament Participants - Example
  • Top 3 Photo of Tournament Winners - Example
  • Photo of Two Players Launching Beyblades - Example
  • Close-up Photo of Beyblade Case or Deck - Example
  • Photo of Tournament Area/Venue - Example
  • Vertical 15 Second Clips (battles, walking around the tournament in progress, etc) for Instagram Stories - Example
  • 3 Image Collages Using Instagram's Layout App (Group/Top 3 Photo on top, two players launching in the bottom left, close up of Beyblades in the bottom right) - Example
Requirements:
  • The WBO values quality over quantity
  • Photos should be clear/sharp
  • Videos should be stable
  • Your different pieces of content should not be excessively repetitive. Try your best to make your photos as creative as possible. You can also alternate between photo locations to make sure your submitted content never becomes repetitive!
  • Most WBO social media contributors use smartphones for tournament coverage, so it's likely that you and your community already have the necessary tools in your hands.
How to Submit:
  • All submissions should be sent to th!nk via WBO private message.
  • Include a link to the high resolution photos or videos uploaded to a service like Google Drive.

Submit Edited Tournament Videos

Vertical Short Videos (30-90s)
Edited vertical short tournament videos ranging from 30 to 90 seconds may be submitted. We would recommend editing them with Tiktok or Instagram Reels in mind.

Video Example: https://www.instagram.com/p/CiXuguGOhko/

This type of video is perfect for showcasing a single match during an event. When editing the video consider including the following supplementary information in the titles throughout. Otherwise, we may reject the submission or ask for edits:

• Tournament Name
  • Tournament Location
  • Tournament Stage (ex. First Stage, Semi-Finals, etc)
  • Player Names
  • Match Score Throughout (after first round "Player A 1-0", after second round "Player B 1-1", etc) 

Please also include a description following this template:

Short Edited Tournament Video Description Template (Click to View)

Horizontal Long Videos (2-6m)
Edited horizontally short tournament videos for Beyblade Channel may be submitted.

This type of video is perfect for a longer form look at the experience of the event showcasing various battles, players, and the venue itself.

For a prime example of what videos should look like, here's the edited footage video for Kei vs. The World: The Wakanda Trials in Los Angeles:

Submit Photos or Video, Earn a Bit Booster!

If you decide to help us out, you'll be rewarded with a Bit Booster! Bit Boosters contain one from a random assortment of badges to be displayed on your profile. Bits are a fun collectible activity that everyone in the WBO can participate in. You can see a list of all Bits currently available here through Bit Boosters, contributing to the community, placing in tournaments and so forth.

To receive your choice of Bit Booster, you must:

A) Submit two or more pieces of approved photo or vertical video clip content across two separate tournaments.

OR

B) Submit one fully-edited and approved tournament video.

Once you have completed one of these requirements, please send a private message with your choice to th!nk.

Quote:
  • Bit Booster RED [Image: faceboosterred.png]
  • Bit Booster BLUE [Image: faceboosterblue.png]
  • Bit Booster GREEN [Image: faceboostergreen.png]
  • Bit Booster ORANGE [Image: faceboosterorange.png]
  • Bit Booster YELLOW [Image: FaceBoosterIconYellow.png]
  • Bit Booster PURPLE [Image: FaceBoosterIconPurple.png]
  • Bit Booster CRIMSON [Image: faceboostercrimson.png]
  • Bit Booster AZURE [Image: faceboosterazure.png]
  • Bit Booster AMBER [Image: faceboosteramber.png]
  • Bit Booster VIOLET [Image: faceboosterviolet.png]
  • Bit Booster JADE [Image: faceboosterjade.png]
  • Bit Booster JET [Image: faceboosterjet.png]
  • Bit Booster VIVID [Image: faceboostervivid.png]
  • Bit Booster AMETHYST [Image: FaceBoosterAMETHYST.png]
  • Bit Booster SAPPHIRE [Image: FaceBoosterSAPPHIRE.png]
  • Bit Booster EMERALD [Image: FaceBoosterEMERALD.png]
  • Bit Booster RUBY [Image: FaceBoosterRUBY.png]
  • Bit Booster ONYX [Image: FaceBoosterONYX.png]
  • Bit Booster DRIVER[Image: faceboosterdriver.png]
  • Bit Booster GARNET [Image: Bit-Booster-Garnet.png]
  • Bit Booster AZURITE [Image: Bit-Booster-Azurite.png]

Not only will you be helping our community expand, but you'll also be bolstering your Bit Booster collection! ;)

To ensure that every tournament participant is comfortable, however, please confirm that they're OK with their image being uploaded to social media. Soliciting permission is always necessary.

So get your cameras out and start capturing some quality content!

I'm ready to take some pictures, but I must ask, so you only want the accepted WBO events? Not even meetups? I'm sure some more casual blading and joking could show the friendly nature of the community a bit better than full competition.
(Aug. 10, 2016  2:57 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: I'm ready to take some pictures, but I must ask, so you only want the accepted WBO events? Not even meetups? I'm sure some more casual blading and joking could show the friendly nature of the community a bit better than full competition.

At the moment, I think it's definitely best we stick with showcasing exclusively what goes on at our official events rather than meetups. We want to promote going to WBO events more than meeting up with other members from the site outside of them. Friendly nature shouldn't be too hard to incorporate with the content depending on the type that is taken, in any case.
(Aug. 10, 2016  2:57 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: I'm ready to take some pictures, but I must ask, so you only want the accepted WBO events? Not even meetups? I'm sure some more casual blading and joking could show the friendly nature of the community a bit better than full competition.

To be honest, we didn't consider this because they don't really happen. We'd be happy to consider sharing pics from other meetups outside of our events, but they wouldn't be a part of this program.
Really hope we can get some people on board with this! Would love it if our social media could better reflect how diverse and wide-ranging our community is. And keeping things like photos and video from events posted in one central place rather than posting things on different channels or sharing them privately will inevitably bring us all closer together in the end.
I'm really excited to be a part of this initiative. Since I started working on the WBO's social media channels, I've been thinking that we don't share nearly enough content from around the world. It's simply not possible without input from those who live there. We're super excited to start showing you and your community to our followers. Let's show the world just how diverse and widespread the Beyblade community is!
Is sharing photos of events that already happened in the past few years acceptable ?
(Sep. 20, 2016  9:52 AM)ashton pinto Wrote: Is sharing photos of events that already happened in the past few years acceptable ?
It would be great if we could share it then ! If its allowed then I have some Old tournaments photos Which I can share for sure. I am really looking forward to help in this Smile If sharing photos of events that took place in past few years is allowed ?

Cheers !!!
Burst.
(Sep. 20, 2016  9:52 AM)ashton pinto Wrote: Is sharing photos of events that already happened in the past few years acceptable ?

I don't think we've really discussed this, actually. They could definitely be used for #TBTs!
I think as long as you (this applying for everyone) personally took the photos, they should be able to count towards contributions. @[cadney]
I agree with Mitsu. We always need Throwback Thursday content, so we'd be happy to accept your contributions from past tournaments.
Sent in some stuff late last night/early this morning, both to the WBO Facebook and @[Mitsu]!
Thanks man. Looking forward to seeing everyone's contributions Smile
I could probably record and take pics from the next MD tourney I'm at
I have a video of Brad battling Scott in Bursting to the Future, who can I send it to when I'm finished?
Quote:I have a video of Brad battling Scott in Bursting to the Future, who can I send it to when I'm finished?

Either cadney or myself! But please do remember that only one piece of content will not make you eligible of a Face Booster. Smile

Quote:I could probably record and take pics from the next MD tourney I'm at

Thank you!
(Sep. 21, 2016  2:08 AM)Mitsu Wrote:
Quote:I have a video of Brad battling Scott in Bursting to the Future, who can I send it to when I'm finished?

Either cadney or myself! But please do remember that only one piece of content will not make you eligible of a Face Booster. Smile

Ok and I'll try and get 15 pictures for a face booster next time.
Ah bummer. It's a pity the Indonesian community has died down. Would definitely bring my camera along and contribute if we were still active. Nonetheless, best of luck for the photographers, may your lighting be ideal and your subjects smile (or not). It's good to see the WBO pushing for a social media presence Smile
My body is ready!

Expect more photos from London events, they will go up on my Instagram first, and I'll send em over later.
Maybe I should mount my phone to a tripod so that I can get myself in the photo... lol
Wow, really awesome to see all the support. Thank you!
Definitely will be taking pictures for my future tournaments - good ones! Wink
Thank you everyone so much for your pledges to help! We're excited to feature your content. It's been a goal of ours to showcase the diversity of Beyblade communities around the world.
Hey guys! To encourage more content submissions for social media, we have now changed the amount of contributions from 15 to 10 total for a face booster reward! We've started being more succinct with our posts, creating collages instead of large tournament albums, so this seems only fair.

Please note that you will be rewarded for what we use, not everything you submit in bulk. So if you submit something like 30 pictures, you aren't guaranteed 3 face boosters. We will assess the content and let you know what we're using!
Hello everyone! We've just revamped the opening post of this thread so that the requirements of what we are looking for in contributions to our social media channels are much clearer. We've also drastically reduced the amount you would need to contribute to earn a Bit Booster.

We encourage all tournament Organizers and participants to please take a look! We'd really love to start getting some better representation of our worldwide community on social media:

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-PROJECT...nt-content
I don't really now what this is but it seems cool
This way more people could get in to beyblade