[Silver Spring, MD] 8/12/12 - Those Lazy, Hazy, Swayzy(?) Beys of Summer

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Those Lazy, Hazy, Swayzy(?) Beys of Summer

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for our August tournament being held in the Mid-Atlantic's favorite Beyblade venue, Martin Luther King Jr. Park - on Sunday, August 12 in Silver Spring, MD.

You might have noticed a little play on words in the title of this tournament, or you might not... but we will be competing in Zero-G stadiums!!! We will be using the Zero-G Attack and Defense stadiums for this tournament, alternating each round (attack, then defense, then attack, etc.). So bring your imagination, because we've got a whole new world of combination creation to do!!!

Location: Map of MLK Park The closest address to put in your GPS is 1098 Jackson Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904, but be sure to look at the satellite view of the map above for the actual location of the tournament which will be inside the pavilion (just above the basketball courts)

Start time: Noon-thirty
Format: TBD depending on number of bladers
Stadiums: BBG-04 Attack and BBG-11 Defense (Alternating rounds)
Surface: Concrete with blankets and cardboard
Fees: Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport)
MFB Prizes: Zero-G beys and gear (TBD)

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it.

Confirmed
  1. Arupaeo
  2. (Billy)
  3. War (formerly Tech)
  4. beymaster15963
  5. Clue
  6. aj_the_elite
  7. Shirayuki
  8. Katsuya
  9. night wing 247
  10. Sovereign
  11. Stars (formerly Galaxy4Stars)
  12. geetster99
  13. Fusion Blader
  14. Rip Blader 3
  15. J o nâ„¢
  16. BladerForLife
  17. Eagle Gingka
  18. Sonikkubey
  19. Beychallenger24
  20. BeyDestroyer21
  21. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Maybe
  1. Nat King Cole
  2. Galaxy4Stars
  3. X-Saber
  4. Kaboom!!!
  5. Breaker
  6. legendblader01
  7. tj0508

PS - I will have Dark Knight Dragoon and Random Booster 2 for sale!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Aug. 05, 2012  12:06 AM)Galaxy4Stars Wrote: I'm confirmed right now what did the prince miss?
Well, you missed me getting 1st in the HMS last month, which is one of many flabbergasting things that happened last month lol.

(Aug. 05, 2012  1:57 AM)War Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2012  12:06 AM)Galaxy4Stars Wrote: I'm confirmed right now what did the prince miss?
Well, you missed me getting 1st in the HMS last month, which is one of many flabbergasting things that happened last month lol.
Congrats looking forward to see you again and everyone Except Arupeao (JK ;D)

I actually might be able to go for a change Grin I am WAY behind in the metagame though lol
maybe
Ok, so, I JUST discovered all this revamped interest in Beyblade...this is my first post. I'm a relic of the plastic days...And my prized customization never got to see tournament play due to me being too old to enter back in the day ( I'm 25 now ) so...I won't be making it to this event. However, I would love to know when/where the next one will be, and if I can buy replacement parts there...my blade has kinda been thrashed from years of sitting it a box full of random junk, and is bent up and broken.
Welll your Bey wouldn't be legal unfortunatly, due to it being of the Plastoc/HMS gen. The standard format is the new MFB and Zero-G beys. However sadly you missed plastics and HMS remembrance day. But since many people had so much fun that we are trying to get more of the uncommon Plastic HMS varitey beys in MD tounrmanets lately.
put me on the confirmed list
I will try to make it there, can't confirm yet for sure!

thanks,
tj0508
Fusion Blader and Rip Blader 3 plan to be there! It will probably be our last one, then we are moving to Denver. Hope there is a group of bladers in CO?!
Sorry to say it, but CO doesn't really have tournaments or tournament interest. But I know there are Bladers in Denver!
coming maybe...Speechless
(Aug. 07, 2012  4:26 AM)mizinc Wrote: Fusion Blader and Rip Blader 3 plan to be there! It will probably be our last one, then we are moving to Denver. Hope there is a group of bladers in CO?!

It will be lovely to see you all 1 last time, and when you get to Denver perhaps you can try to host a tournament of your own? Even if that seems to be too much, please feel free to contact me and I will do what I can to help find other Bladers in your area to get some tournaments started!
Coming, but wont be long because I got to get ready for basketball camp the next day! xS see you all there!
Im comin! Also when are my stuff gonna be edited from TTT? (Was Jackcol9)
Probably in 3-4 weeks, at the most a month and a half.
3 days to prepare n find the perfect combo for the tourny and Arupaeo my blader passport expires on the 14th can i buy another even though it will be before it expires?
(Aug. 08, 2012  8:34 PM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2012  4:26 AM)mizinc Wrote: Fusion Blader and Rip Blader 3 plan to be there! It will probably be our last one, then we are moving to Denver. Hope there is a group of bladers in CO?!

It will be lovely to see you all 1 last time, and when you get to Denver perhaps you can try to host a tournament of your own? Even if that seems to be too much, please feel free to contact me and I will do what I can to help find other Bladers in your area to get some tournaments started!

That's a great idea. Will let you know when we get settled. Will need your expertise that's for sure!

(Aug. 10, 2012  2:36 AM)aj_the_elite Wrote: 3 days to prepare n find the perfect combo for the tourny and Arupaeo my blader passport expires on the 14th can i buy another even though it will be before it expires?
Yes you can always renew if needed to be done early.

Sonikkubey will be there
Me and my cousin Beychallenger24 can come. Wink
bums, got back a couple of days ago and am still getting used to being back in MD so im a no go
For those of you who have not yet seen the news the Zero-G format and stadiums have now been approved - and we will be competing in Zero-G stadiums!!!

We will be using the Zero-G Attack and Defense stadiums for this tournament, alternating each round (attack, then defense, then attack, etc.). So bring your imagination, because we've got a whole new world of combination creation to do!!!

See you all tomorrow!!!!
Surprise! Grin

Anyone wanna bring plastics/HMS?
Will there be any more BB-10 tournaments though...

EDIT: Found the answer...

I found many Solutions to Top Tier beys and then A stadium change...
Now I can test some theories of now Half Don't work... Well most Competitive Bladers will have some trouble now... Hopeful not me. Judging might get more difficult too now XD.[/php]