Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

(Sep. 25, 2013  1:28 AM)Kyler_the best Wrote: Lol at my last school we were super* lucky if we won at least one football game hah.

what school was it ? i might know it.
(Sep. 25, 2013  11:54 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: No pain, no gain, has anyone read my last post?

Yeah I just read it. Sad that a teacher had to leave your schoolUnhappy
One of my favorite teachers Mrs.Perez left last yearUnhappy I was so sad! But luckily I had her number and I'm able to keep in touch with her!Grin also she lives by my mom!XD
Why is Glee do popular?? I just don't get it, and why are they doing covers for classic Beatles?? What's next, Welcome to the Jungle soap opera??
dose 2 nights in a row allnighters doe (3:20 AM, I start getting ready for school usually at 5:30)

Once this week is over, I am completely celebrating because my paper will finally be complete and I don't have to worry about technical vocab, formatting, or any new science. My god this is enough.

When this paper is finally submitted I am so done haha
(Sep. 26, 2013  7:51 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Why is Glee do popular?? I just don't get it, and why are they doing covers for classic Beatles?? What's next, Welcome to the Jungle soap opera??
Probably because they can sing relatively well. I've been surprised at how accurate some of their covers are. Obviously they wont be able to outsing the Beatles, but since they're so popular, it makes sense to cover an artist that almost everyone likes, ya know?
isn't that a TV show Glee? I heard one of the cast members Died Unhappy
(Sep. 26, 2013  8:19 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: dose 2 nights in a row allnighters doe (3:20 AM, I start getting ready for school usually at 5:30)

Once this week is over, I am completely celebrating because my paper will finally be complete and I don't have to worry about technical vocab, formatting, or any new science. My god this is enough.

When this paper is finally submitted I am so done haha
Good luck! I'm barely able to function on five hours of sleep, let alone none :p
I've debated off a all-nighter.

It is amazingly fun. I swear. Trying to think up arguments and take notes while falling asleep is amazing.
(Sep. 26, 2013  7:51 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Why is Glee do popular?? I just don't get it, and why are they doing covers for classic Beatles?? What's next, Welcome to the Jungle soap opera??

all i can say is DITTO, has anyone ever played hide and seek OUTSIDE til 1 am, yes i have
Pentatonix > Glee

Less people, equally full sound, a capella.

BOOM.
Hey guys, anyone here does or done public speaking/ giving speeches? I have to make one on dreams, and I think I may need a little help.
well that's a common problem... I remember I had to make a speach in public I was so scared my eyes became full of water and I was so embarresed I wish I could justt diss....... that's probally not what you need to here :\ anyway if you have to make a public speach be brave try to Imagine your speaking by yourself where nobody here you I know if you close your eyes it helps Smile oh and if you make a mistake don't be embarresed if anyone shoul be the first person to laugh at it it should be you! then you'll feel as if someone else made the mistake and won't get really embarresed and run of the sta.... sorry bout that again that last sentence probally not what you trying to here... anyway that's my advice
I'm actually pretty confident. It's my final grade for public speaking which I should be doing in a year but am doing eearly. Which is the only reason I was asking for help. Also, off topic but pm me on what you think of my httyd overview...
Well we lost a game in soccer today. Forgot the actual score. The other team was tough. Some of them were like a foot taller than some of us which is insane. Their strategy was simple: Score 1 or 2 goals and keep kicking the ball out. That was pretty annoying. I think we weren't use to that type of competition yet. The team is not to sad considering those guys are like one of the best in the competition. At least we will have a lot more games to go. And we were all pretty off because each of us screwed up at least twice. Our current score is now 1-1.
(Sep. 26, 2013  10:41 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Well we lost a game in soccer today. Forgot the actual score. The other team was tough. Some of them were like a foot taller than some of us which is insane. Their strategy was simple: Score 1 or 2 goals and keep kicking the ball out. That was pretty annoying. I think we weren't use to that type of competition yet. The team is not to sad considering those guys are like one of the best in the competition. At least we will have a lot more games to go. And we were all pretty off because each of us screwed up at least twice. Our current score is now 1-1.

Aww that stinks!Unhappy well maybe your team will win the next one!Grin
(Sep. 26, 2013  11:35 PM)ryukiba Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2013  10:41 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Well we lost a game in soccer today. Forgot the actual score. The other team was tough. Some of them were like a foot taller than some of us which is insane. Their strategy was simple: Score 1 or 2 goals and keep kicking the ball out. That was pretty annoying. I think we weren't use to that type of competition yet. The team is not to sad considering those guys are like one of the best in the competition. At least we will have a lot more games to go. And we were all pretty off because each of us screwed up at least twice. Our current score is now 1-1.

Aww that stinks!Unhappy well maybe your team will win the next one!Grin
I think so. Like I said I believe these guys are the best for our competition. And we weren't use to them all the way. Our previous games the players didn't play as rough as these guys did. We all got hurt a little (minus a few people). A bunch people got thrown down, one got an elbow to the face, one person took a hard soccer ball to the chest and it left a big mark, a few got hit in the leg and started limping because of that (And one had to be the goalie to). At least we still have 7 more games to make up for this loss. I think a big issue is we haven't gotten the best of practice lately. I mean we practice, but it obviously wasn't good enough. Not to mention these guys were taller and faster making the game super fast. The other games we had time to get ready and have good positions, but this one was like "Do something fast or it gets taken away".
Does anyone know of any really good "classic novels" that would be good for a really in-depth analysis (like profound themes, interesting characters, archetypes, etc ...) because I need one for my English ISU. So far I'm going to pick one out of the following (with teacher approval first);

Ender’s Game
Don Quixote
Slaughterhouse Five
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Grapes of Wrath

Any other books anyone has to recommend (1984 was unfortunately already taken, as well as some of the other more popular ones like Catch-22, Animal Farm, To Kill a Mockingbird and yeah).
The Scarlet Letter.
Just kidding, I hate that book,

Great Gatsby's always good, And Then There Were None is interesting, I also liked Fahrenheit 451.
Yeah, Farenheight 451 is pretty good, I actually finished it a couple days ago. We were reading it in English class.
Yah, I read it twice, in 8th and now in 10th grade.
The movie though XD
My English teacher told us the other day that there was a movie about it and she had never seen it.

Judging by the tone of that post, I probably shouldn't Tongue_out.
It's not bad, but there's no mechanical hound, no burning old lady,
The "family" is extremely creepy, etc.
(Sep. 27, 2013  2:04 AM)Insomniac. Wrote: Does anyone know of any really good "classic novels" that would be good for a really in-depth analysis (like profound themes, interesting characters, archetypes, etc ...) because I need one for my English ISU. So far I'm going to pick one out of the following (with teacher approval first);

Ender’s Game
Don Quixote
Slaughterhouse Five
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Grapes of Wrath

Any other books anyone has to recommend (1984 was unfortunately already taken, as well as some of the other more popular ones like Catch-22, Animal Farm, To Kill a Mockingbird and yeah).
how about The Egypt game or To kill a mocking bird? (my mom has lot's of books she owned 20-40 years ago) the egypt game is good for mystery and top prioroty if you like egypt (BTW the main chracters are 5-12) and To kill a mocking bird has great lessons in it and tramatic events I've read both these books and so far they're my favorites... and about the great gatsby I thouht about reading it cause my mom has it but I just never did I saw the preview for the movie though (I guess that doesn't count) oh and is the great gatsby any good? I just might read it XD
The Egypt Game is something I read in 3rd grade. Not sure the teacher would approve of it. Also, she said To Kill a Mockingbird was taken.

Yes, the Great Gatsby is good.
ok I might read it Smile and no wonder to kill a mocking bird is taken it's one of the most popular books! I've got it I remember 2 very good books I read that tie for my favorite book of all time! The education of little tree (over 2 million sold XD) and The Good earth Grin