Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

Seeing as we are not bombarded everyday with more than one hundred new Members who have no idea about forum etiquette anymore and that our current userbase is mostly composed of more 'loyal' Members, we might as well try this again.

Here are some rules that everybody definitely needs to follow though. Remember : This is the fourth time we remake this topic, and the latest one was closed for almost a year because we were fed up with the SPAM being posted in it. Let us do our best to keep this one up and open for a long time, with as little intervention from moderators as possible.

TOPIC RULES

- Think of this thread as a "Random Interesting Thoughts" topic. Only post if you really have something remotely interesting to say. "It's been raining for two days straight" does not interest anybody. Always ask yourself : "Hm, would anybody really care about my post ?"

- This is not a chatroom. If you want to have a private discussion between you and one or a few people, then take it to private messages. If you realise that a conversation that started well begins to clutter up this topic, you should take the initiative to move the discussion to private messages.

- No SPAM. The Community Rules obviously still apply in this topic, so anything that can be seen as SPAM will be warned and probably removed from the thread to keep it clean.

- No Beyblade posts. Like all the Off-Topic Forums, Beyblade should not be discussed here. The Beyblade Random Thoughts thread already exists anyway.
Awesome!
Hopefully this will be a much better thread than before, haha.
I really like Civics class. However it can get pretty stupid at times, as many people there are single minded towards "If it's against my morals, it won't pass in the government" which sadly, is why that it's also my most hated class. We have discussions regularly about what's going on in the government (US) and a hot topic of late has been SOPA/PIPA/ACTA, and it's actually going pretty well, unlike other times, haha.
There's a stretch of highway that I drive to work everyday that has been under construction for about 2 months. During this time, there has been no shoulder - but drivers manage to drive on all three open lanes just fine.

The construction has ended and the (paved and flat) shoulder was opened today, and I thought to myself, "the shoulder is wider than a lane, why aren't we driving on that?"

Seriously, I think that if States allowed driving on the shoulder it would reduce traffic congestion by a huge amount, cut down on people's commuting times, and save a truckload of money in new road construction.
Oh hey, glad to see this is back. Dat first page yo.

Midterms are a drag...Trying to learn how to stylistically analyze prose so that I can keep up my average in AP Language and Composition is super difficult.

Rai Should do Forensics Debate, especially LD, if you have discussions like that in Civics class.
I'm not sure if their small brains could handle it, haha. Once we debated on how to fix the economy, and that didn't turn out well. The next topic up for discussion?
Abortion.
One of the WORST things to discuss in politics. In politics, you kind of have to let go of your personal morals, and just do the right decision on things. What's tough though, is that that's nearly impossible.
Had my infusion today, went pretty normal... bought subway on the way up to my floor(12" turkey, mayo, provolone on white, with harvest cheddar sunchips and a medium Sprite). Lady at the Subway put light mayo on it instead of regular mayo.

Since I'd been up for around 29 hours, I crashed pretty hard as soon as I finished eating, so I ended up skipping lunch and passed by the dollar store on the way home, grabbed a few things... had a weird craving for spicy food, so I got a couple of ramen bowls with HOT & SPICY in flaming letters - this was the interpretive dance I presumed to intend they were hot - and potentially spicy. What's stranger is that I tolerated it pretty well, and will probably stock up on them for random cheap food snack moments.

Got home, did my usual rounds about the house, refilled cat feeders, fed the fish in the pond(as it is unseasonably warm at the moment, due to us being in the middle of a very bad string of tornadic weather), then took a nap.

(Jan. 25, 2012  2:38 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: There's a stretch of highway that I drive to work everyday that has been under construction for about 2 months. During this time, there has been no shoulder - but drivers manage to drive on all three open lanes just fine.

For some reason, this reminded me of a section of one of the segments of a highway leading out of southeastern Kentucky that - I kid you not - was under construction for near side of two years. When they took all the orange barrels and such down, it was not evident that anything had occurred.
Every time I come into my bedroom, I hear this noise of the springs in my mattress crunching. It's really odd seeing that; especially when no one touches the bed when I'm gone. Spooked me out a bit the first time, then I got used to it.

Anyone ever feel like someone was jumping in your bed?
(Jan. 25, 2012  3:01 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Every time I come into my bedroom, I hear this noise of the springs in my mattress crunching. It's really odd seeing that; especially when no one touches the bed when I'm gone. Spooked me out a bit the first time, then I got used to it.

Anyone ever feel like someone was jumping in your bed?

Probably just an old mattress? lolz

Raigeko13 Try debating Communistic ideals vs Democratic ideals in English class from the book "Anthem" for an entire week!
Depending on the temperature, bed springs will often stiffen to the point of making noise after only a short period of absence. If you've got a hollow floor, that will usually cause them to resonate enough to make that sound.
Hm, nice to see this back! Hmm while I was cleaning up my room, I found a stack of my YuGiOh HERO deck and I just realized how fast time flew while looking over my cards. I wish I stayed as a tiny peanut kid again ;_; walking on the sidewalk with my Mom and eating M&Ms after coming back from Toys R Us in Times Square. Good time good times!

And I'm still trying to write down my songs for "Foxy Brown" and prepare this summer with music industry. Gonna be a lot of work and tiresomes
Yes! I knew this thread would come back! Anyways, I just love my math class so much. My teacher has like huge muscles and doesn't look like a math teacher at all, which is why you never judge a book (in this case, a person) by it's cover. So I'm in grade 9 but he's been giving us a hard time by giving us work from higher grades, usually 10, and sometimes 11. It sounds like a nightmare but deep down, he's actually doing us a favour because when he was in highschool, his teachers taught him the same way they taught us, and by the time he was in grade 12, it was too easy and he got a scholarship and many universities asking him to come, and by the time he got there, it was easy since he had a good foundation in math.

However, many other people in his class failed because they didn't have a proper foundation. Yes, I've gotten some bad marks in his class, but I just got up, and kept pushing forward. I had a test last week, and I'm sure I got perfect, I just have to wait for him to give it back. I remember before when we got our first term report cards, everybody in the class got marks ranging from 16-51 + one 90. But, he isn't the only teacher that teaches grade 9 math, the other teacher, we'll call him HF and my teacher RF to avoid confusion. So, I've got to admit, seeing the work that HF gave his students is so funny because his students think that they're better than us at math because of the easy marks HF is giving them. I can't wait to see the look on HF's students when the exam comes.

Unfortunately, RF isn't writing the exam because it would be unfair if he put grade 10 and 11 questions, and he refuses to put easy grade 9 questions for HF's students and our class, plus other kids taking the same course, that's when he'll use those big muscles. I even see RF admitting to us that HF can't teach, and I've got to admit, that's true and I'm not getting on to that. I also went to a local tutoring centre and there was this grade 10 student who had trouble on a question, so he wrote it on the board and I volunteered to help him and did the whole thing in a snap, that's shocking.
Cookies, your enter key is not going to bite you. Please do not posts walls of text.
(Jan. 25, 2012  4:05 AM)Hazel Wrote: Cookies, your enter key is not going to bite you. Please do not posts walls of text.

A tip I learned from journalism class: The shorter the paragraphs, the easier to read. Also, it makes the reader think "oh, I'll stop after one more paragraph..." but then continue after more than one.

On the subject of journalism...
I've been working on my journalism article the past month. It's about how this one teacher got a $20,000 grant from Intel to make mobile apps. In Oregon, not many schools do app design. This includes universities and colleges. My high school is the only high school we know of to go as detailed as we are into app design.
Too bad I have to wait until I'm a junior to make them...
UHEIUFHIWUEHIEUHIHQWIDGIU my alienware m14x got a black screen and beeped so i called dell and they sent someone to replace the motherboard... turned out it needed to be charged XD so he didnt replace and now a few day later its making 7 beeps which is beep code for motherboard/cpu error and now im MAD cuz ive had this for about 3 weeks. any idea on what to do?
(Jan. 25, 2012  4:28 AM)Fury Wrote: UHEIUFHIWUEHIEUHIHQWIDGIU my alienware m14x got a black screen and beeped so i called dell and they sent someone to replace the motherboard... turned out it needed to be charged XD so he didnt replace and now a few day later its making 7 beeps which is beep code for motherboard/cpu error and now im MAD cuz ive had this for about 3 weeks. any idea on what to do?

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Computers-Gadgets-Etc

This thread is not a replacement for every other thread.
(Jan. 25, 2012  4:05 AM)Hazel Wrote: Cookies, your enter key is not going to bite you. Please do not posts walls of text.

The funny thing is, is that my enter key was actually broken lol. I didn't type that where I normally post.
So glad to see this back. It is like an old friend. Even when things got silly, I liked this thread a lot.

(Jan. 25, 2012  2:56 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2012  2:38 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: There's a stretch of highway that I drive to work everyday that has been under construction for about 2 months. During this time, there has been no shoulder - but drivers manage to drive on all three open lanes just fine.

For some reason, this reminded me of a section of one of the segments of a highway leading out of southeastern Kentucky that - I kid you not - was under construction for near side of two years. When they took all the orange barrels and such down, it was not evident that anything had occurred.

They're currently working on the main freeway in Perth that heads into the city. I say currently, but they've been working on it ever since I was born at the most ridiculous times (large football game on? ROADWORKS TIME! CLOSE SOME LANES!). Anyway, they're trying to "ease congestion", I've never actually seen them make a difference and all it's doing is creating huge traffic jams at times that aren't even near peak hours.

Random Thoughts 5: Roadworks.
Why do Google always guess the words you're typing after only 1 alphabet. Seriously, stop trying to get inside my head.
(Jan. 25, 2012  5:58 AM)Uwik Wrote: Why do Google always guess the words you're typing after only 1 alphabet. Seriously, stop trying to get inside my head.

You're just scared that they will show your recent searches when someone important is watching. Serious
They know too much.
Destroy them.
KILL THEM
KILL THEM ALL JOHNNY

Haha, joking aside, I don't know how they do it, but they do it well.

@th!nk
deletin dat history yo
Um, why is this the fourth try, seeing that this is the random thoughts 5?

anyways, hopefully young ones wont make this place get closed... yet again.

@raigeko
what history ?O.O
(Jan. 25, 2012  9:42 AM)Blood Wrote: Um, why is this the fourth try, seeing that this is the random thoughts 5?

anyways, hopefully young ones wont make this place get closed... yet again.

@raigeko
what history ?O.O

It is the fourth remake, 4 remakes plus one original equals five.
Posts like yours certainly won't help keep it open.
Gosh just 8th grade and my school bag weighs 10 kg........ *shudder* can't imagine the weight I'll be carrying in university.

Plus, Being the midget in class does NOT help at all Tired I wish that someone in school would actually care about my sad life Tired
(Jan. 25, 2012  6:02 AM)th!nk Wrote: You're just scared that they will show your recent searches when someone important is watching. Serious

If he was, just clicking the wrench option and clearing all cache and history would mean that you would be good. Well, that is if you're using Google Chrome, like you should be.

Mozilla,Internet Explorer and Safari are all 2nd par.

(Jan. 25, 2012  3:31 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: Gosh just 8th grade and my school bag weighs 10 kg........ *shudder* can't imagine the weight I'll be carrying in university.

Grade 8s actually don't get that much homework. I'm in my freshman year of highschool right now, and we're getting way more stuff than I ever did in grade 8. Plus towards the end of the semester they decided to drop about 4 projects on me, all worth 10-15% of my final grade.

So yeah, don't worry about grade 8 too much. (:
I agree with Pocky, Grade 8 is nothing. I'm in 10th with accelerated classes, high school gives you a lot more and much more difficult homework than 8 did.