Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

Does using Expand instead of Proof make it less KO-resistant?
(Nov. 25, 2019  5:53 PM)Biggster Wrote: Does using Expand instead of Proof make it less KO-resistant?

It will depend on what kind of Driver you use as Driver height, Driver gimmick, and overall Beyblade combo weight does make a huge difference on the KO resistance.
(Nov. 26, 2019  4:34 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2019  5:53 PM)Biggster Wrote: Does using Expand instead of Proof make it less KO-resistant?

It will depend on what kind of Driver you use as Driver height, Driver gimmick, and overall Beyblade combo weight does make a huge difference on the KO resistance.

With everything else the same and the only variables are proof vs expand, which would the better one?
(Nov. 26, 2019  4:36 AM)Biggster Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2019  4:34 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: It will depend on what kind of Driver you use as Driver height, Driver gimmick, and overall Beyblade combo weight does make a huge difference on the KO resistance.

With everything else the same and the only variables are proof vs expand, which would the better one?

Personally, I think Proof is best for LAD over Expand, but the latter excels in providing more contact points for smash attackers with minimal scraping (vs more aggressive ones like Turn or Bump). Both are quite useful but you really still need to do some meticulous testing and fine-tuning (finding the perfect spinning balance of your combo) to see for yourself which you would actually want to use. From my experiences recently, I see less and less of Core Disk+Frame usage and more of GT Disks (Sting, Blitz, Vanguard, Ratchet) or Outer in many player decks.
(Nov. 23, 2019  10:10 PM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Nov. 12, 2019  1:53 AM)LazerBeamz Wrote: Prime Apocalypse NOW - 11/10/19
Brooklyn, New York - Burst Standard

1st The_Gotham
Perfect Phoenix Outer Atomic (Deck)
Judgment Odin RETSU 5 Proof Destroy' (Deck)
Lord Longinus 00 Cross Bearing (Deck)
Perfect Phoenix 00 Cross Atomic (Group)

Perfect Phoenix 00 Cross Xtend+ (Group)

2nd Aoi_burst
Perfect Phoenix Outer Xtend+ (Deck)
Lord Spriggan 5 Glaive Bearing (Deck)
Lord Spriggan 5 Cross 
Xtend+ (Group)

3rd NewRocChampion1
Prime Apocalypse Hybrid (Deck)
Regalia Genesis Sting Bearing (Group and Deck)
Lord Spriggan Blitz Xtend+ (Group and Deck)
Prime Apocalypse 7 Proof 
Ultimate Reboot' (Group)

The consistent usage of 5 Disk by Aoi_burst was really what piqued my interest the most. It's either the match-ups were quite bad (like opponents being stock combo users) or that 5 really has some latent good use over the usual 00/0/10 that we see for Core Disk usage. 

Even the 1st placer has a Judgment combo using 5 despite common claims that painted 0, Sting, and unpainted Blitz provide the best Burst resistance alongside using Gen Weight. Quite interested in how it fared since it was using Destroy', which doesn't really have a consistent attack pattern though I can see Burst risk was of course mitigated by the Driver. This is also assuming the Judgment Base was a fresh copy, and that the heavier side of Retsu is aligned with the rubber brake side of the Base.

Finally, the emergence of Prime Apocalypse (on Hybrid to boot) as well as Regalia Genesis are indeed refreshing amidst the toxic meta of the usual pP, Lord, etc. Regalia on Bearing was not what I'd expect since mine would spontaneously Burst upon launch on anything that has less spring strength than Xtend+. 7 still being awesome with a GT Layer is also quite thrilling and interesting along with usage of 5.
 I know I'm a bit late to this, but certain molds of 5 are extremely tight on Judgement. Mine is tighter on Judgement than both my Blitz and my 0 disc (Hasbro 0 disc, and TT 5 disc, not sure if that makes a difference). I would assume that it doesn't see that much use because it's a little light compared to 0, lighter than the GT discs and is somewhat inconsistent in tightness
(Nov. 29, 2019  7:01 AM)OriginalDankstr Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2019  10:10 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: The consistent usage of 5 Disk by Aoi_burst was really what piqued my interest the most. It's either the match-ups were quite bad (like opponents being stock combo users) or that 5 really has some latent good use over the usual 00/0/10 that we see for Core Disk usage. 

Even the 1st placer has a Judgment combo using 5 despite common claims that painted 0, Sting, and unpainted Blitz provide the best Burst resistance alongside using Gen Weight. Quite interested in how it fared since it was using Destroy', which doesn't really have a consistent attack pattern though I can see Burst risk was of course mitigated by the Driver. This is also assuming the Judgment Base was a fresh copy, and that the heavier side of Retsu is aligned with the rubber brake side of the Base.

Finally, the emergence of Prime Apocalypse (on Hybrid to boot) as well as Regalia Genesis are indeed refreshing amidst the toxic meta of the usual pP, Lord, etc. Regalia on Bearing was not what I'd expect since mine would spontaneously Burst upon launch on anything that has less spring strength than Xtend+. 7 still being awesome with a GT Layer is also quite thrilling and interesting along with usage of 5.
 I know I'm a bit late to this, but certain molds of 5 are extremely tight on Judgement. Mine is tighter on Judgement than both my Blitz and my 0 disc (Hasbro 0 disc, and TT 5 disc, not sure if that makes a difference). I would assume that it doesn't see that much use because it's a little light compared to 0, lighter than the GT discs and is somewhat inconsistent in tightness
Yeah painted discs work better anyway, and there's a decent amount out there that work a lot better. I think Blitz and 0 already have a pretty hard time bursting anyway.
11/29/2019
Beyblade West: Limited Fighting Metal Beyblades

1st Kei
MF-L Flame Hades 230 CS
MSF-H Bandit Wyvang H145 RSF
MF Gravity Perseus (Attack) CH120 MF (deck format only)
MF-L Duo Gemios B:D   (Deck format only)

2nd Yami
MF-H Gravity Perseus (Attack) GB145 CF
MF-L Duo Cancer 230 D
MSF-L Bandid Pegasus H145 RSF
MF-L Duo Cancer 230 CS (Deck Format Only)

3rd Wombat
MF Earth Sagittario II 90 EWD
MF Earth Sagittario II TR145 EWD
MF Vulcan Horuseus 100 MF
MF Flame Pegasus II 230 CS
MF Leone R145 RF (Deck Format Only)
MF-H Earth Sagittario II 90 CS (Deck Format Only)
MF-L Earth Cygnus SR200 TB (Deck Format Only)
MF Quetzalcoatl 90 RF (Deck Format Only)
Beyblade West: LA Burst Classic Bey Clash #3
Los Angeles, California, USA | Burst Classic | December 1 2019

1st Place: ZYeYO
Victory Valkyrie Gravity Ultimate Reboot’
Wolborg Heavy Revolve
Quad Quetzalcatl Knuckle Trans’ (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd Place: Yami
Valkyrie Gravity Trans’
Neptune Spread Revolve
Neptune Spread Keep’ (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd Place: JoJo [Jp0t]
Neptune Spread Revolve
ßaldur Gravity Zeta’
Victory Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme’ (Deck Format Finals Only)
Victory Valkyrie Heavy Quick’ (Deck Format Finals Only)

4th Place: The Supreme One

Ul’ was definitely the MVP of today. Zyeyo used his V2.G.Ul’ at ThaKingTai’s suggestion and went 7-1 mainly using it, defeating things like Neptune on Revolve, several Yegdrion combos, and even a few other Attack types like Valkyrie Trans’ and Spryzen S2 on Iron. JoJo’s ßaldur combo definitely put in work too, it was pretty much an unburstable brick and had surprisingly good stamina (for ßaldur that is). It 3-0ed my M.K.Qc’ in the first stage and totally nullified LazerBeamz in the quarterfinals.

I’ll probably expand on the meta a bit more if I make a tournament report but having a Burst Classic tournament with so many people who have good parts and also know what they’re doing was definitely intense.
(Dec. 02, 2019  12:07 PM)Wombat Wrote: Beyblade West: LA Burst Classic Bey Clash #3
Los Angeles, California, USA | Burst Classic | December 1 2019

1st Place: ZYeYO
Victory Valkyrie Gravity Ultimate Reboot’
Wolborg Heavy Revolve
Quad Quetzalcatl Knuckle Trans’ (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd Place: Yami
Valkyrie Gravity Trans’
Neptune Spread Revolve
Neptune Spread Keep’ (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd Place: JoJo [Jp0t]
Neptune Spread Revolve
ßaldur Gravity Zeta’
Victory Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme’ (Deck Format Finals Only)
Victory Valkyrie Heavy Quick’ (Deck Format Finals Only)

4th Place: The Supreme One

Ul’ was definitely the MVP of today. Zyeyo used his V2.G.Ul’ at ThaKingTai’s suggestion and went 7-1 mainly using it, defeating things like Neptune on Revolve, several Yegdrion combos, and even a few other Attack types like Valkyrie Trans’ and Spryzen S2 on Iron. JoJo’s ßaldur combo definitely put in work too, it was pretty much an unburstable brick and had surprisingly good stamina (for ßaldur that is). It 3-0ed my M.K.Qc’ in the first stage and totally nullified LazerBeamz in the quarterfinals.

I’ll probably expand on the meta a bit more if I make a tournament report but having a Burst Classic tournament with so many people who have good parts and also know what they’re doing was definitely intense.

Interesting no bullet combos were used in the top 3. I expected Yami to use DABl especially. Interesting tournament non the lessGrin!
henwooja1 you’re definitely right about Yami and DABl haha I was surprised by that too, but I think with the Bullet testing people were doing before the tournament, there was definitely a consensus that it wasn’t quite as reliable as had been previously thought. Even without adjusting its weight distribution, Bullet can go from a very balanced combo in one round to very unbalanced in the next. The prevalence of Trans’ could have also been a factor, as perhaps its most reliable counter is a good staller.
DABl has burned me too many times for me to ever use it again.
Beyblade West @ Strange Cereal
Huntington Beach, CA 11/30/2019

1st Place King Loofa
Imperial Odin.00E.Sp' (deck only)
Imperial Odin.Cn.Sp' (deck only)
LC Archer Hercules.Ar.Xt+ (deck only)
Zwei Spriggan.Vn.Br Retsu (deck only)
Imperial Odin.Ar.Hn'
Lord Longinus.Vn.Br
Lord Longinus.Ar.Xt+

2nd Place Kei
Tact Longinus.00W.Br Retsu
Lord Pegasus.0C.Xt+
Judgement Diabolos.0G.X'
LC Perfect Phoenix.0C.Xt+
LC Perfect Phoenix.00C.Xt+ (deck only)

3rd Place Zankye
Lord Dragon2.0C.Xt+
Cho-Z Spriggan.Hy (deck only)
(Dec. 02, 2019  7:45 PM)JoJo [Jp0t] Wrote: Beyblade West @ Strange Cereal

1st Place King Loofa
Imperial Odin.00E.Sp'

Strange to see spiral’ on the winning combos list, especially at first place. I also haven’t seen archer Hercules in a while on the winning combos list so it’s nice to see it again. The Cho-Z Spriggan combo was a bit strange to see on the winning combos list, but there was probably a good reason to use it over something like LS.
(Dec. 02, 2019  7:55 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Strange to see spiral’ on the winning combos list, especially at first place. I also haven’t seen archer Hercules in a while on the winning combos list so it’s nice to see it again. The Cho-Z Spriggan combo was a bit strange to see on the winning combos list, but there was probably a good reason to use it over something like LS.

Also odd to see Imperial in 1st place. Does it not raise the Odin chip? I just got Imperial a few days ago, but I can't seem to find a combo where it won't self-burst. Even on Valkyrie and X', it feels looser than most Stamina bases (Wizard Longinus on X' is tighter, for example).

If it's not on Valkyrie or Dragon 2/Joker, it tends to feel more like it has slopes (Even on X' and Ig'!). I don't know if I got a bad mold, but it seems like Imperial raises the chip way more than was first noted/what I was expecting.
(Dec. 02, 2019  11:50 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2019  7:55 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Strange to see spiral’ on the winning combos list, especially at first place. I also haven’t seen archer Hercules in a while on the winning combos list so it’s nice to see it again. The Cho-Z Spriggan combo was a bit strange to see on the winning combos list, but there was probably a good reason to use it over something like LS.

Also odd to see Imperial in 1st place. Does it not raise the Odin chip? I just got Imperial a few days ago, but I can't seem to find a combo where it won't self-burst. Even on Valkyrie and X', it feels looser than most Stamina bases (Wizard Longinus on X' is tighter, for example).

If it's not on Valkyrie or Dragon 2/Joker, it tends to feel more like it has slopes (Even on X' and Ig'!). I don't know if I got a bad mold, but it seems like Imperial raises the chip way more than was first noted/what I was expecting.

Check out my testing thread on it. Ive been using valkyrie or dragon II chip on keep' and sometimes X' and it doesnt burst very often
(Dec. 02, 2019  11:50 PM)BladerGem Wrote:

That's because of the bad bars on imperial. TT tried to nerf it so it wasn't too OP by making it able to be busted easily
(Dec. 03, 2019  12:51 PM)henwooja1 Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2019  11:50 PM)BladerGem Wrote: Also odd to see Imperial in 1st place. Does it not raise the Odin chip? I just got Imperial a few days ago, but I can't seem to find a combo where it won't self-burst. Even on Valkyrie and X', it feels looser than most Stamina bases (Wizard Longinus on X' is tighter, for example).

That's because of the bad bars on imperial. TT tried to nerf it so it wasn't too OP by making it able to be busted easily
Yeah, and they give that piece of carp Lord Spriggan, 2 rubbers pieces and it's almost unburstable. And when it's an attack type, they nerf it too much.
Pixel 4: re:Ignition' - 11/17/19

1st YutPut (AKA Shine)
(Left Spin) Lord Longinus 00 Wall Bearing (Group and Deck)
Zwei Diabolos Sting Jolt' (Deck)

2nd Sniper
Lightning L-Drago Around Destroy' (Group and Deck)

3rd Jecky
(Left Spin) Lord Longinus 0 Wall Bearing (Group)
Zwei Diabolos Sting Jolt' (Deck)
Judgment Valkyrie Blitz Octa RETSU (Deck)
(Dec. 03, 2019  9:34 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote: Pixel 4: re:Ignition' - 11/17/19

2nd Sniper
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH. So basically Sniper got 2nd Place with one combo with a Layer that is a remake of a Metal Fight Bey?
(Dec. 03, 2019  9:54 PM)MrBlade Wrote:
(Dec. 03, 2019  9:34 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote: Pixel 4: re:Ignition' - 11/17/19

2nd Sniper
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH. So basically Sniper got 2nd Place with one combo with a Layer that is a remake of a Metal Fight Bey?

That is exactly right. Its KO attack potential in both same and opposite spin as well as the combination's great stamina in opposite spin made it a force to be reckoned with.
(Dec. 03, 2019  10:00 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote:
(Dec. 03, 2019  9:54 PM)MrBlade Wrote: WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH. So basically Sniper got 2nd Place with one combo with a Layer that is a remake of a Metal Fight Bey?

That is exactly right. Its KO attack potential in both same and opposite spin as well as the combination's great stamina in opposite spin made it a force to be reckoned with.

Hori shi- AHAHAHAHA that is dang amazing then, for a previous gen remake to win, 2nd place to boot!
(Dec. 03, 2019  9:34 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote: 3rd Jecky
(Left Spin) Lord Longinus 00 Wall Bearing (Group)
Zwei Diabolos Sting Jolt' (Deck)
Judgment Valkyrie Blitz Octa (Deck)

Did you happen to get the Layer Weight for the JV combo?  Just curious
(Dec. 03, 2019  11:51 PM)joyos Wrote: Did you happen to get the Layer Weight for the JV combo?  Just curious

Sorry, It was Restu. Forgot to type it in. Its been corrected.
(Dec. 02, 2019  7:45 PM)JoJo [Jp0t] Wrote: Beyblade West @ Strange Cereal

2nd Place Kei
Tact Longinus.00W.Br
Lord Pegasus.0C.Xt+
Judgement Diabolos.0G.X'
LC Perfect Phoenix.0C.Xt+
LC Perfect Phoenix.00C.Xt+ (deck only)

What layer weight was on Tact?

It's not that strange, really. Imperial has good stamina, so plastic-based attack Drivers have good synergy with it.

Archer Hercules hasn't really gone anywhere here in Toronto, so that wasn't a surprise either to me! It definitely still has a place in the metagame.

I'm not sure how Zankye used Cho-Z Spriggan, but he had a Lord Xt+ combo in his deck as well, so it would have been impossible to also use it on Hybrid.

(Dec. 04, 2019  1:55 AM)henwooja1 Wrote: What layer weight was on Tact?

It was Retsu! I've edited JoJo's post.