Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

Does anyone have a clue what this "Pick 3, Choose 1" style that two tournaments used are about?

On a side note, don't the rules for burst classic need to be updated to ban things like Orbit Metal? (L-Drago and Hybrid are very recent releases, but I also assume they would be banned.)
(Oct. 25, 2019  5:19 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Does anyone have a clue what this "Pick 3, Choose 1" style that two tournaments used are about?

On a side note, don't the rules for burst classic need to be updated to ban things like Orbit Metal? (L-Drago and Hybrid are very recent releases, but I also assume they would be banned.)

think about it like deck but your lock into one bey and your parts can repeat
(Oct. 25, 2019  5:19 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Does anyone have a clue what this "Pick 3, Choose 1" style that two tournaments used are about?

Pick 3, Choose 1:
It's a new format idea we are experimenting with: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Rule-Ch...irst-stage

Burst Classic:
1. Orbit Metal, no. All Drivers are legal by default unless specified otherwise.
2. Lightning L Drago: Yes, same with all MFB remake Layers. I just updated this in the rulebook to clarify.
3. Hybrid: Technically legal, but currently we are investigating since most people are only just now receiving it and testing. Although, we have given The Supreme One permission to ban it locally at her event this weekend in the mean time.

We'll post a more formal update soon.

Feel free to pose any further questions about rules here.
(Oct. 25, 2019  9:49 PM)Kei Wrote:

Pick 3, Choose 1:
It's a new format idea we are experimenting with: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Rule-Ch...irst-stage

Burst Classic:
1. Orbit Metal, no. All Drivers are legal by default unless specified otherwise.
2. Lightning L Drago: Yes, same with all MFB remake Layers. I just updated this in the rulebook to clarify.
3. Hybrid: Technically legal, but currently we are investigating since most people are only just now receiving it and testing. Although, we have given The Supreme One permission to ban it locally at her event this weekend in the mean time.

so we can use Valkyrie hybrid in classic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's 50 grams and out spins revolve tho tbh it's probably just burst but still 50 grams if it isn't gonna burst
(Oct. 25, 2019  9:49 PM)Kei Wrote:

Pick 3, Choose 1:

Burst Classic:

On Orbit Metal, it's more like Orbit Metal is supposedly comparable to Atomic, which is banned.
(Oct. 25, 2019  11:32 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2019  9:49 PM)Kei Wrote: Pick 3, Choose 1:

Burst Classic:

On Orbit Metal, it's more like Orbit Metal is supposedly comparable to Atomic, which is banned.

kei is firm on this still allow till it's officially banned

(Oct. 25, 2019  11:32 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2019  9:49 PM)Kei Wrote: Pick 3, Choose 1:

Burst Classic:

kei is firm on this still allow till it's officially banned
I thought Orbit Metal wasn't considerably better than Atomic?
(Oct. 25, 2019  11:51 PM)Armor Wrote: I thought Orbit Metal wasn't considerably better than Atomic?

It isn't. It isn't even considerably better than Orbit.
(Oct. 26, 2019  1:03 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2019  11:51 PM)Armor Wrote: I thought Orbit Metal wasn't considerably better than Atomic?

It isn't. It isn't even considerably better than Orbit.

Then why are we considering ban...
(Oct. 26, 2019  1:03 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2019  1:03 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: It isn't. It isn't even considerably better than Orbit.

Then why are we considering ban...

Because the presumption was that it was much better than Orbit.
(Oct. 26, 2019  3:00 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2019  1:03 AM)Armor Wrote: Then why are we considering ban...

Because the presumption was that it was much better than Orbit.

But that was a while ago(like when it first came out). You asked this just yesterday
(Oct. 26, 2019  3:51 PM)Armor Wrote: But that was a while ago(like when it first came out). You asked this just yesterday

Express yourself here, maybe they'll reconsider it for the current meta:
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Org...on?page=14

I also believe Orbit Metal is fine.
IMO Orbit Metal isn’t that good, because in Burst Classic the layers are so light that the Om combo would be knocked off balance very easily because the bottom is so much heavier than the top.
(Oct. 26, 2019  4:41 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: IMO Orbit Metal isn’t that good, because in Burst Classic the layers are so light that the Om combo would be knocked off balance very easily because the bottom is so much heavier than the top.

Maybe not, but potential for KO defense?
(Oct. 26, 2019  4:52 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2019  4:41 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: IMO Orbit Metal isn’t that good, because in Burst Classic the layers are so light that the Om combo would be knocked off balance very easily because the bottom is so much heavier than the top.

Maybe not, but potential for KO defense?

Metal is supposed to cause less friction against the stadium, not more. For KO defense use Keep.
(Oct. 26, 2019  8:40 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2019  4:52 PM)Armor Wrote: Maybe not, but potential for KO defense?

Metal is supposed to cause less friction against the stadium, not more. For KO defense use Keep.

I thought the weight might help a bit. And I wasn't thinking in terms of full KO defense, but I'd rather use Unite.
Yall talking about om, meanwhile I'm shocked I just found out Supreme One is a girl cuz Kei said her. Lol
RIP 4 CHARITY! @ GoTE XL19 Charity 25HR Game-A-Thon - 11/02/2019
Largo, FL, USA

[Image: HMP5EPM.png]

1st Place: joyos
Lord Spriggan 10Cross Xtend+ (Group and Deck Format)
Judgment Dragon 0Bump Xtreme' Zan (Group and Deck Format)
Lord Spriggan Sting Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd Place: AdmiralFunk
LC Hell Salamander Vanguard Octa (Group and Deck Format, he only used this one bey in the whole tournament)

3rd Place: NearlyFatal
Perfect Phoenix 10 Atomic (Group and Deck Format)
Cho-Z Valkryie Zenith Spiral (Group and Deck Format)

With the judges and 4 stadiums (with 1 potential backup O_O) it went pretty quick. We were also streamed so I will get that archive for you guys soon. This is a new scene so some of the stuff is not highly meta as this community is used to.
(Nov. 02, 2019  11:10 PM)joyos Wrote: RIP 4 CHARITY! @ GoTE XL19 Charity 25HR Game-A-Thon - 11/02/2019
Largo, FL, USA

[Image: HMP5EPM.png]

1st Place: joyos
Lord Spriggan 10Cross Xtend+
Judgment Dragon 0Bump Xtreme' Zan
Lord Spriggan Sting Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)
LC Perfect Phoenix 10Cross Xtend+ (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd Place: AdmiralFunk
Hell Salamander Vanguard Octa

3rd Place: NearlyFatal
Perfect Phoenix 10 Atomic
Cho-Z Valkryie Zenith Spiral

With the judges and 4 stadiums (with 1 potential backup O_O) it went pretty quick. We were also streamed so I will get that archive for you guys soon. This is a new scene so some of the stuff is not highly meta as this community is used to.

Nice job with the tournament today. Look forward to seeing some footage.
Ghosts and Geists Winning Combos:

1st Place - Wombat
Yegdrion Heavy Yard-S
Zillion Zeus Knuckle Hunter'
Yegdrion Y2 Gravity Orbit
Odin Heavy Blow
Spryzen S2 Gravity Iron (Deck Format Finals Only)
Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Xtreme' (Deck Format Finals Only)
Roktavor Heavy Cycle (Deck Format Finals Only)
Neptune Yell Eternal (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd Place - Raymond9911
Nepstrius N2 Yell Yard-S
Gaianon G2 Heavy Survive-S
(Waiting on the others)

3rd Place - Hello321
Yegdrion Heavy Linear-S
Driger Vertical Revolve
Xeno Xcalibur Nine Xtreme'
Yegdrion Y2 Heavy Yard-S (Deck Format Finals Only)

Bladers Beyware! Winning Combos:

1st Place - The Supreme One

MSF-M Killerken Dragooon BGrin
MSF-M Wyvang Dragooon AD145 GF
Genbull Genbull E230 RDF
Duo Cancer SA165 MB (Deck Finals Only)

2nd Place - Yami

MF-H Death Scorpio/Aquario SA165 (Stamina Mode) TB 
MF-H Death Aquario SP230 TB
MSF-H Bahamdia Pegasis C145 CF
Genbull Genbull T125 BSF (Deck Finals Only)

3rd Place - Beymaster
Killerken Dragoon SA165 EWD
Killerken Reviser E230 BSF
Balro Balro AD145 GCF
(Nov. 10, 2019  3:06 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Ghosts and Geists Winning Combos:

1st Place - Wombat
Yegdrion Heavy Yard-S
Zillion Zeus Knuckle Hunter'
Yegdrion Y2 Gravity Orbit
Odin Heavy Blow
Spryzen S2 Gravity Iron (Deck Format Finals Only)
Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Xtreme' (Deck Format Finals Only)
Roktavor Heavy Cycle (Deck Format Finals Only)
Neptune Yell Eternal (Deck Format Finals Only)

A bit strange to see cycle on the winning combos list of Burst Classic.
BuilderROB Not really, because by the time you get to deck, where KOs and bursts are two points, most matchups are going to come down to attack & defense. Wombat’s Ragnaruk fit really tight on Cycle, which I’m sure is the reason why he chose it. That’s one of the best parts of Classic - things actually burst, so sometimes you have to sacrifice stamina for safety!
(Nov. 10, 2019  3:45 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: BuilderROB Not really, because by the time you get to deck, where KOs and bursts are two points, most matchups are going to come down to attack & defense. Wombat’s Ragnaruk fit really tight on Cycle, which I’m sure is the reason why he chose it. That’s one of the best parts of Classic - things actually burst, so sometimes you have to sacrifice stamina for safety!

Interesting...I had no idea.
Lookin' For Beys - 11/10/19 | Winning Combos

1st Place: DeceasedCrab -

LC Perfect Phoenix 00Cross Xtend Plus
Lord Spriggan 0Wall Bearing (Left Spin: First Stage Only | Right Spin: Deck Format Finals Only)
Judgment Diabolos Sting Quick' (Deck Format Finals Only)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Place: Ardmore Bladers -

Lord Spriggan Sting Bearing
Zwei Diabolos Sting Jolt Dash
Judgment Diabolos Sting Quick Dash
Judgment Diabolos Blitz Octa (Deck Format Finals Only)
Perfect Phoenix 00 Cross Xtend Plus (Deck Format Finals Only)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3rd Place: RED NINJA 0829 -
Lord Spriggan 7Cross Xtend Plus
Lord Spriggan 10Cross Xtend Plus
LC Hell Salamander 00Cross Xtend Plus (Deck Format Finals Only)
Perfect Phoenix 00Bump Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4th Place: CitrusNinja3
My first tournament went pretty well, the big uses of the tournament mainly included Lord, Judgment, Zwei, Perfect Phoenix. DeceasedCrab blew through the tournament with his trusty Perfect Phoenix only losing the first round (though he and RedNinja had a long Lord battle with Left Spin Lord on Bearing vs. Right Spin Lord on Xtend+) in the end getting his first tournament win. No surprisingly, Ardmore Bladers had a good streak until he lost in the finals. RED NINJA 0829 did end up losing to the 2 finalists in the Swiss but pushed through to get 3rd. CitrusNinja3 took an advantage of the GT Customize Set using Prime Apocalypse on Xtend+ in the Top 4 and 3rd Place Matches, and Regalia Genesis on Xtend+ against me in the Top 8. He also had Cosmo Valkyrie on Hybrid in Top 4 and 3rd as well as one of his Swiss battles which did good for the most part. I mainly used Lord on Bearing but did use Judgement Diabolos once in Swiss and in the Top 8 surprisingly they got beaten by Citrus' strange combos. I also wanna give an honorable mention BladerJayCraft who got eliminated in Top 8 did very good in Swiss only losing his last Swiss match where mainly throughout the tournament he managed to have a good amount of wins with Lord Spriggan on Xtreme' which could possibly be a new discovery for the meta.
(Nov. 10, 2019  11:03 PM)MrBlade Wrote: Lookin' For Beys - 11/10/19 | Winning Combos
2 of my first stage wins were Lord Spriggan, 2 were Perfect Phoenix. Will attach the top 3 photo when I get home.

[Image: jgX43sm.jpg]
After getting first place my soul escaped from my body, leaving me an empty husk. I even forgot to smile and hold up a finger denoting what place I placed in. Here is a fixed version of that picture, as requested by several parents at the event.

[Image: OdwaFoq.jpg]