[Tampa Bay, FL, USA] Tournament Interest Thread

(LATEST UPDATE May 20, 2020)

ALL OF MY TOURNAMENTS ARE ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

General Information
I have secured Chewy Boba Company in Tampa near the University of South Florida as a Saturday or Sunday tournament venue.  First Tournament 2/29/2020, 20 Player Cap, Burst Standard at 1PM!

I am still searching for a park venue that is relatively safe and is still next to certain amenities so that we can hold bigger and more comfortable tournaments similar to tournaments in the Northeast USA or Toronto, Canada.  Don't worry though, I already have a few in mind!

Upcoming Tournaments
  • 5/16/2020 - RIP 4 CHARITY II @ GoTE 4TheKids 2020 (Tampa, FL) - This Tournament is 100% happening, as anyone that attended TNSB already knows.  This Tournament will have fees.  This Tournament will be Double Elimination if it is able.  Probably 128 cap.

Tentative Tournaments
These tournaments do not yet have threads and have not yet been finalized, but may help bladers and blader families in planning their tournament schedule.

Smaller, NO FEE Tournaments:
  • After "Serious Boba! Gold Turbo!", I had a few life things come up.  There will be no tournaments from me (joyos) until the big one in May.
Bigger Tournaments with Fees:
  • Weekend of 6/26/2020, Tentative - No Name Yet, WBO Burst Standard Tournament at the CEO 2020 (Orlando, FL) - Tentative Blader Cap, maybe 64. This tournament will be Double Elimination. This tournament will have a venue fee.
  • Weekend of 9/25/2020, Tentative - No Name Yet, WBO Burst Standard Tournament at the CEOtaku 2020 (Orlando, FL) - Tentative Blader Cap, maybe 64. This tournament will be Double Elimination. This tournament will have a venue fee.
I would be possibly interested and would be able to bring 2 bladers in addition to myself.
I definitely am interested in this! I'm about 1 hour away from Tampa, but when you do become an organizer, I'd like to see if you can do it around November, as that's when I'm back in Florida. (Currently away for other reasons)
awesome!! We're gonna get Florida Beybladers in no time !
(Sep. 16, 2019  12:29 AM)adrianlokie Wrote: can i use takara tomy parts

Yes of course!  Please see the WBO documents on Burst Standard for more information.
I met someone in my local area that had MFB.

I hope to work with him to possibly get MFB tournaments going here as well.
There will be an event for sure in January 18, 2020. Saturday of MLK weekend. I am hoping to have Organizer status by then.

I will inquire with the WBO members about my Organizer's Quiz soon, because I have a venue and event to hold something on November 2nd and perhaps on another Saturday around that time too.
I would like to go to the tournament. I am a 9yo blader and hope this tournament happens!
1st Tournament has been accepted guys

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-RIP-4-C...hon--89588

SupaDav03, ssjr0118, Nyxium (if you are able)

I know some people might not be able to make it on such short notice but I might still do another tournament on November 9th or November 16th.
(Oct. 17, 2019  9:28 PM)joyos Wrote: 1st Tournament has been accepted guys

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-RIP-4-C...hon--89588

SupaDav03, ssjr0118, Nyxium (if you are able)

I know some people might not be able to make it on such short notice but I might still do another tournament on November 9th or November 16th.

I'm unable to go on the 2nd since I'm going to be working in Panama City Beach FL for the time being, but I might be able to make it on the 16th of November if you're going to host another then!
(Oct. 17, 2019  10:08 PM)Nyxium Wrote: I'm unable to go on the 2nd since I'm going to be working in Panama City Beach FL for the time being, but I might be able to make it on the 16th of November if you're going to host another then!

Sounds good, hope to see you at a tourney soon!
will we be able to use metal fusion beys or bot?

i meant not, not bot
(Oct. 19, 2019  12:56 AM)Dark_Pisces Wrote: will we be able to use metal fusion beys or bot?

i meant  not, not bot

This first event is Burst Standard, so no.
Hello everyone,

A new Tampa tournament was announced today.

It will be held on Saturday, January 18th, 2020 in Tampa.

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-TAMPA-N...ADING-TNS8
Hey everyone,

New to the Beyblades scene and just started playing. Nice to see there is a decent sized community in the Tampa Bay area.
Is there a Tampa or just general Florida Beyblade discord I can join?
(Dec. 25, 2019  6:22 PM)Bigfoottt Wrote: Is there a Tampa or just general Florida Beyblade discord I can join?

Hey Bigfoottt, you should be seeing an invite to the World Bladers discord soon.  We have a bunch of FL people on there.

THE MAIN POST OF THIS THREAD HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH MORE INFORMATION FOR THE UPCOMING MONTHS! (Latest Update 1/8/2020)
We are looking to start a Beyblade Club in Delaney Park in Orlando Florida. It will be called the Delaney Park Rippers. Our son is 8.5 years old and LOVES his Beyblades!! 
Email me at mr.kornbrek@gmail.com for contact info or to join or just meet up and play!
BladerRett2019 Hello! Welcome to WBO! Thank you for taking an interest in your son's hobby! I wish more parents did. Heck, I wish my parents had taken the slightest interest in my own hobbies when I was growing up.

That said: There's a whole bunch of Orlando/Tampa/Florida threads already! And rather than opening a fresh one, you're going to get more interest posting in one of the existing ones.

There's this one
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Tampa-B...est-Thread
and this one
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Florida...in-florida

So I'm going to move your post into one of these big Florida threads, and hopefully you get some interest! Good luck, and good beyblading!
I'm gonna tag Cscramon and Daiga since I know they are in the Orlando Area.
Hello Everyone,

I updated the main post. We won't be able to do any more tournaments at Juicy unless they get more space, but I am glad everyone was able to work with what we had.

So it looks like the next one may be around the 29th in Tampa!
New Tournament!

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Serious...rbo--91667