Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Jun. 09, 2019  9:23 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2019  8:12 PM)Kei Wrote: Charge seems to be making an impact in several events lately!

How did JA.0C.Ch 天 do for you LazerBeamz? What did you play with it?

Though I only used it for 1 match during the group stage, JA.0C.Ch 天 did really well for me. I believe I used if up against LegendV3's Perfect Phoenix on either Eternal, Atomic, or Xt+. I cant exaclty remember the driver and disk as there was a fair amount of Perfect Phoenix usage at the tournament. If my memory serves me well, I was able to win the match with 1 OS, 1 KO, and 1 Burst. I love Charge's heavy weight as well as its ability to tornado stall. This works well with Judgment as Judgment is able to get some pretty solid KO's a both high and low RPM's. I wish I had used JA.0C.Ch 天 in the finals instead of my czA.00B.Ch as that combo lost to Ardmore Bladers's Perfect Phoenix Outer Xtend+ at the end of a 4-4 tied game due to an outspin. Had I used JA.0C.Ch 天, I believe I would have had a higher chance of earning a Burst or KO against Perfect Phoenix. I was just not entirely confident using it yet and felt more comfortable with czA.

I also want to mention that I was using the Purple 0 disk from the Yamiterios set. This disk (along with most painted disks) make Judgment combos incredibly tight and acts as a pseudo-burst stopper. This really helped with Charge as it's heaviness increases burst risk in attack types.
Why did you decide to use the Ashura chip? I thought Joker and Valkyrie had better teeth.
(Jun. 12, 2019  5:25 AM)Guzmada Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2019  9:23 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote: Though I only used it for 1 match during the group stage, JA.0C.Ch 天 did really well for me. I believe I used if up against LegendV3's Perfect Phoenix on either Eternal, Atomic, or Xt+. I cant exaclty remember the driver and disk as there was a fair amount of Perfect Phoenix usage at the tournament. If my memory serves me well, I was able to win the match with 1 OS, 1 KO, and 1 Burst. I love Charge's heavy weight as well as its ability to tornado stall. This works well with Judgment as Judgment is able to get some pretty solid KO's a both high and low RPM's. I wish I had used JA.0C.Ch 天 in the finals instead of my czA.00B.Ch as that combo lost to Ardmore Bladers's Perfect Phoenix Outer Xtend+ at the end of a 4-4 tied game due to an outspin. Had I used JA.0C.Ch 天, I believe I would have had a higher chance of earning a Burst or KO against Perfect Phoenix. I was just not entirely confident using it yet and felt more comfortable with czA.

I also want to mention that I was using the Purple 0 disk from the Yamiterios set. This disk (along with most painted disks) make Judgment combos incredibly tight and acts as a pseudo-burst stopper. This really helped with Charge as it's heaviness increases burst risk in attack types.
Why did you decide to use the Ashura chip? I thought Joker and Valkyrie had better teeth.

There’s just a pink and blue Ashura chip that goes very well with the Joker base.
(Jun. 12, 2019  12:36 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2019  5:25 AM)Guzmada Wrote: Why did you decide to use the Ashura chip? I thought Joker and Valkyrie had better teeth.

There’s just a pink and blue Ashura chip that goes very well with the Joker base.
Gotta win in style
(Jun. 12, 2019  12:36 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2019  5:25 AM)Guzmada Wrote: Why did you decide to use the Ashura chip? I thought Joker and Valkyrie had better teeth.

Guzmada While the Pink and Purple Ashua chip goes really well with the Judgment Layer Bases, Others and I have also found Ashura to work really well with Dash drivers. I was also planning to substitute JA.0C.Ch's Charge Driver with Zeta' for stationary attack. Also, using a purple 0 or most painted disks on the judgment layer base means you don't really need to worry about burst resistance as painted disks make Judgment combos extraordinarily tight.
(Jun. 09, 2019  9:23 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2019  8:12 PM)Kei Wrote: Charge seems to be making an impact in several events lately!

How did JA.0C.Ch 天 do for you LazerBeamz? What did you play with it?

Though I only used it for 1 match during the group stage, JA.0C.Ch 天 did really well for me. I believe I used if up against LegendV3's Perfect Phoenix on either Eternal, Atomic, or Xt+. I cant exaclty remember the driver and disk as there was a fair amount of Perfect Phoenix usage at the tournament. If my memory serves me well, I was able to win the match with 1 OS, 1 KO, and 1 Burst. I love Charge's heavy weight as well as its ability to tornado stall. This works well with Judgment as Judgment is able to get some pretty solid KO's a both high and low RPM's. I wish I had used JA.0C.Ch 天 in the finals instead of my czA.00B.Ch as that combo lost to Ardmore Bladers's Perfect Phoenix Outer Xtend+ at the end of a 4-4 tied game due to an outspin. Had I used JA.0C.Ch 天, I believe I would have had a higher chance of earning a Burst or KO against Perfect Phoenix. I was just not entirely confident using it yet and felt more comfortable with czA.

Wow! Never knew I would ever see Charge or Ashura (without a dash driver) ever in the meta!
IT'S RAINING BEYBLADES - 6/22/19
Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst Format • Click Here To Read The Tournament Report

[Image: pi1FJzj.jpg]

1st: Kei
Balkesh B3 0 Wall Bearing
Perfect Phoenix (Level Chip) 0 Cross Xtend Plus
Judgment Valkyrie 0 Wall Bearing Zan
Judgment Valkyrie 0 Glaive Quick Dash Zan (Deck Format Finals Only)
Perfect Phoenix (Level Chip) Ratchet Unite (Deck Format Finals Only)
Cho-Z Spriggan Sting Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: henwooja1
Hell Salamander 10 Cross Xtend Plus
Balkesh B3 0 Wall Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)
Judgment Joker 0 Reach Xtreme Dash Zan (Deck Format Finals Only)
Perfect Phoenix 00 Bump Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)
Hell Salamander 00 Wall Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: BurstedBey7491
Judgment Dragon Sting Dimension Zan
Perfect Phoenix 10 Atomic

Click Here to Read My "IT'S RAINING BEYBLADES" Tournament Report
LA HMS Brawl #2 (JoJo’s Bizarre Birthday After Party)-6/22/2019

1st:Shindog
Circle upper.CWD defense ring.Grip Flat
Samurai upper.CWD free defense ring.Bearing core 2
Wolf crusher. CWD reverse defenser. Bearing core

2nd: UltimateMaster
Advanced survivor. CWD reverse defenser.Bearing core

3rd: Mitchjett
Circle upper.Circle Wide.Bearing core
(Jun. 23, 2019  7:09 PM)Kei Wrote: 1st: Kei

Perfect Phoenix Ratchet Unite? How good was it Kei
JoJo’s Bizarre Birthday
Burst Standard
6/22/2019

1st Place Kingz_hero_
LC Archer Hercules 7 Cross Xt+
Hell Salamander Sting Atomic
Orb Egis 0 Proof Orbit

2nd Place Shindog
Judgement Ashura Blitz Octa 斬
LC Hell Salamander Sting Atomic
hS.St.At (deck format only)
LC Perfect Phoenix 00 Cross Xt+

3rd Place JoJo [Jp0t]
Judgement Ashura Blitz Jolt’ 閃
Balkesh B3 0 Bump/Wall Bearing
LC Perfect Phoenix 00 Cross Xt+
(Jun. 23, 2019  7:27 PM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote: Perfect Phoenix Ratchet Unite? How good was it Kei

I talk about it in my report, but I used it the final round of the final match to defeat henwooja1's JJ.0R.X' 斬. It worked effectively for that purpose.

(Jun. 23, 2019  7:32 PM)JoJo [Jp0t] Wrote: 1st Place Kingz_hero_
LC Archer Hercules 7 Cross Xt+
Hell Salamander Sting Atomic
Orb Egis 0 Proof Orbit

I'm amazed someone was able to get 1st Place without Judgment haha
Judgement is great if it doesn’t KO itself due to it’s own recoil, which I think happened to Shindog in the finals match. That also happened to me once in group stage. But I used JA.Bl.Jl’ through most of my battles during the final stage except for the bronze match.
(Jun. 23, 2019  7:09 PM)Kei Wrote: 1st: Kei

Hell Salamander 10 Cross Xtend Plus
Balkesh B3 0 Wall Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)
Judgment Joker 0 Reach Xtreme Dash Zan (Deck Format Finals Only)
Perfect Phoenix 00 Bump Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)
Hell Salamander 00 Wall Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: BurstedBey7491
Judgment Dragon Sting Dimension Zan
Perfect Phoenix 10 Atomic

We live in this reality. A reality where Unite and Dimension tops a normal tournament in 2019. I've got a lot of questions since I want the competitive info.

You opted for Qc' instead of X'. Is Qc' better than X' in your opinion?

Why did you use Unite? Why not Orbit or Xtend+?

I also see you used Ratchet, which is about a gram lighter than Sting/Blitz and has a lot of CWD. I'm thinking of getting one myself. What are your thoughts on it?

EDIT: Cho-Z Spriggan on Atomic?? First time I've seen that. Thoughts on it?

EDIT: No tops for Cho-Z Achilles? Do you think CzA/CzV could be an offensive answer to Judgment using it's burst stoppers? Or are these layers dead?

EDIT: Should painted disks be banned on Judgment since they provide extra resistance? Or was there not much difference in your experience?

I know it wasn't on your team, but if you could contact the person, what was with the Dimension driver? I think it has potential as a short attack driver but sometimes it goes out of wack and it doesn't have a Dash variant.

Lastly, and this is the long answer question: How did Judgment perform into various matchups?
June 22, 2019 - Philadelphia, PA - The 100 Yard-S
1st - Wombat
Odin Heavy Blow'
Dragoon F Polish Xtend+
Neptune Yell Xtend+
Valkyrie Armed Orbit (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd - Ardmore Bladers
Dragoon F Polish Xtend+
Deathscyther Polish Xtend+
Acid Anubis Gravity Revolve (Deck Format Finals Only)
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve (Deck Format Finals Only)
Storm Spriggan Yell Destroy' (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd - BeybladePhilly
Doomscizor D2 Infinity Yard-S
Orpheus O2 Spread Eternal-S (Deck Format Finals Only)
Orpheus O2 Heavy Eternal-S (Deck Format Finals Only)
Valkyrie Down Trick (Deck Format Finals Only)
Valkyrie Heavy Hunter' (Deck Format Finals Only)
Gigant Gaia Down Xtend+ (Deck Format Finals Only)

Not going to write a whole tournament report for this since I'm kinda Beybladed out right now and don't really have any good pictures, so I'll just put a (relatively) brief recap here:

I allowed Blow', Zeta', and Xtend+ to be unbanned experimentally for this tournament, and afterwards it's definitely safe to say that Blow' and Xtend+ should stay banned. Xtend+ was used by a bunch of the top players, on Dragoon F, Neptune, Deathscyther, and Gigant Gaia, and a few other people tried using it on other things like Wolborg. In right spin, using it's pretty straightforward, not too different from a normal Revolve; but on Dragoon F you need a bit more nuancé and knowledge of how to play it in each matchup to really make it effective. Launch too hard and you self burst, launch too soft and you get outspun, but once you figure out the right strength and angle DGF.P.Xt+ is a really threatening combo. While I never faced one in the tournament, in testing I was unable to find a right spin KO or Burst Attacker that could consistently not self-burst against it, let alone KO or burst Dragoon consistently. This includes super-tight Hasbro combos and ones using Dash Drivers like X' and Qc'. Before Xt+, Et, Ab, and Ds(') were the best Drivers for Dragoon, and while they did their job well enough, they weren't arguably the best LAD setup in the game, meaning that something like Neptune/G2 on Eternal could counter them relatively consistently (Absorb and Destroy especially also have some pretty abysmal KO Defense). On Xt+ however, right spin Y.Et no longer becomes a safe counter (I was getting it to win only about 40% of the time against DGF.P.Xt+ in testing), which necessitates the use of Xt+ to counter opposing Xt+ since right spin Bearing in Classic is bad except on maybe like Neptune and chokes out a bunch of other Driver options that would otherwise be viable.

As for Blow', I was the only one in the top 3 who used it, but I don't think many other people had it, and I'm pretty sure I was the only person there who owned both Odin and Blow'. Aside from dumb mindgames and having to play around Dragoon, this combo mowed down absolutely everything in its way - most notably Orpheus, Acid Anubis, Roktavor, and Gaianon G2, among others. I don't believe I lost a single round with O.H.B', and definitely could have used it to win the matches where I used something else.

The only loss I suffered the whole event was against Ardmore Bladers' D.P.Xt+ using N.Y.Xt+ - I had seen him use this combo previously, and knew he had had success with DGF.P.Xt+ as well, and knowing how badly Disks like Polish/Proof cripple Xt+'s Stamina mode, I figured this was the best option even with Yell. His grey Xt+ must be like unnaturally tight, since somehow I bursted in the first round. I was able to OS him once, but ended up losing 1-3 after bouncing into the pocket accidentally twice.

In the final match, I used Evipero Gravity Unite, Valkyrie Armed Orbit, and Neptune Yell Xtend+ against Ardmore Bladers' Dragoon F Polish Xtend+, Deathscyther Heavy Revolve, and Storm Spriggan Yell Destroy'. After discouraging him from using S2 with a convincing KO snipe with Neptune, I was able to trap him in the feedback loop by losing to Deathscyther with Neptune, and then coming back to burst it with Valkyrie twice to win 5-2.

June 22, 2019 - Philadelphia, PA - Lightning Strikes Tomorrow
1st - bladekid
Beat Eagle 105R2F
Earth Gemios SR200TB
Meteo L-Drago II LW105WD
Bakushin Cancer 90WD (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd - Wombat
MF-L Earth Sagittario II TR145EWD
MF-H Gravity Perseus (Stamina) 85RB
MSF-H Bandid Wyvang (Crystal Up) H145RSF
MF-H Lightning L-Drago (Upper Mode) CH120RF
MF-L Virgo TH170EDS
MF Escolpio LW105EWD (Deck Format Finals Only)
MF-L Gravity Perseus (Stamina) TH170HF/S (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd - Common Pickle
Meteo L-Drago II D125EWD
MF-L Burn Cygnus TH170MB
MF Lightning L-Drago S130RSF
MF Lightning L-Drago T125R2F (Deck Format Finals Only)

Not really much to see here, this was a pretty small event, just with barely enough people to be ranked (unfortunately?). There was a lot of Meteo going around which at least made it so you couldn't just spam Flame 230 or some other HTSC and win. The main reason I lost the final battle 4-5 was because bladekid didn't use the Meteo combo in his deck and instead went for Bakushin 90WD, which made both Lightning and MLMPPCRTTH provide less coverage than I had originally hoped. In the end I had to bet it all on LLD, but ended up losing to his Earth combo.

Going back to MFB Limited after not touching it for almost a year put a weird perspective on things - It's a pretty unanimous opinion among competitive players that Attack is terrible in Burst Standard (though Judgement has changed this) and while it's definitely powerful in Burst Classic, it's at its best state in MFB Limited. However, in the days leading up to the tournament and during the tournament itself, I found myself surprised by how weak Attack actually is in Limited. No matter what Burst format, I feel like I can launch full power with Xtreme', just because it has such good grip and a tight flower pattern, and still not self KO - but this isn't the case with any rubber Attack tip in Limited just because compared to the Burst Stadium, even the Takara Tomy BB-10's Tornado Ridge is god awful. During practice, I probably self-KOed about 10 times in a row with Lightning, and even my MF combos would regularly fly out even after settling into a level Tornado Stall. This definitely showed during the tournament in the final match and when I barely beat Common Pickle's Burn combo 3-2 with Bandid Wyvang - both times I probably didn't launch as hard as I should have, just because unlike in Burst the self-KO risk is very high.
(Jun. 24, 2019  3:40 AM)JoJo [Jp0t] Wrote: Judgement is great if it doesn’t KO itself due to it’s own recoil, which I think happened to Shindog in the finals match. That also happened to me once in group stage. But I used JA.Bl.Jl’ through most of my battles during the final stage except for the bronze match.

I haven't found it to happen enough that I would be overly concerned about it, but yeah it can happen.

(Jun. 24, 2019  5:22 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: You opted for Qc' instead of X'. Is Qc' better than X' in your opinion?

That depends on your preference. I see them interchangeably as A1 and A2 in terms of the best overall Driver for Judgment (that being said, Judgment is so good that cases could be made for a ton of other Drivers too depending on preference and match-up). Quick' wasn't widely viable for the standard Burst Format upon release because Attack types generally required the speed and pattern of Xtreme' to be successful against top tier combinations before Judgment. Judgment is so powerful however that it grants us greater latitude when it comes to using other types of Drivers for Attack like Quick' which are a little bit easier to control.

(Jun. 24, 2019  5:22 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Why did you use Unite? Why not Orbit or Xtend+?

Orbit is too slow. Xtend+ gets destroyed when stationary and isn't fast or reliable enough when on modes which grant it movement. Unite can be just as fast if not faster than Xtreme' when stalling while also possessing greater stamina, making it ideal for avoiding, OSing, or KOing attack types.

(Jun. 24, 2019  5:22 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: I also see you used Ratchet, which is about a gram lighter than Sting/Blitz and has a lot of CWD. I'm thinking of getting one myself. What are your thoughts on it?

I liked it on that specific combo because it seemed like it would offer greater potential to deflect hits and keep the Beyblade in the stadium if it did take a hit from Judgment.

(Jun. 24, 2019  5:22 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: EDIT: Cho-Z Spriggan on Atomic?? First time I've seen that. Thoughts on it?

It's been popular in Japan from what I can tell. That's largely due to the ability to switch spin direction over there, but for the WBO it came to the forefront in my mind because of how extraordinarily poorly things like Perfect Phoenix and Hell Salamander do against Judgment on most traditionally competitive combos. That's not to say it is necessarily that much better than them, but if I had to choose right now, I would choose 超S over pP or hS on At/Br for Deck Format as it seems to burst a bit less than the others (although it does still happen) and you have the option to launch hard if you want to activate the burst stoppers. For me, it was chosen for that reason and because I needed a left-spin At combo with at least a little bit of extra utility to beat left-spin Bearing combos which while a relatively small concern to Judgment, still causes it a bit more trouble than right-spin combos do sometimes.

Maybe something like Wizard Fafnir with the 幻 (Gen) Weight (which I didn't have yet) would also serve a similar purpose, though.

(Jun. 24, 2019  5:22 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: EDIT: No tops for Cho-Z Achilles? Do you think CzA/CzV could be an offensive answer to Judgment using it's burst stoppers? Or are these layers dead?

I know that at least oOTipsyOo–who made it to the finals–used 超A.St.Ch to win some matches in the first stage. It certainly could still be viable in the right situation and on the right set up, but its applications are more limited now with the arrival of Judgment.

(Jun. 24, 2019  5:22 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: EDIT: Should painted disks be banned on Judgment since they provide extra resistance? Or was there not much difference in your experience?

It's a good question. The tightness of Disks varies pretty wildly. The consensus seems to be that the purple 0 is the tightest, but I also know Blitz–which is unpainted–is also tighter than other non-painted Disks. I don't think this is something we can realistically regulate without complicated bans. But we aren't even at the point where we should be thinking about that; Judgment just came out ... give it some time.

(Jun. 24, 2019  5:22 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Lastly, and this is the long answer question: How did Judgment perform into various matchups?

My long answer is my report. Smile

(Jun. 24, 2019  8:41 AM)Wombat Wrote: No matter what Burst format, I feel like I can launch full power with Xtreme', just because it has such good grip and a tight flower pattern, and still not self KO - but this isn't the case with any rubber Attack tip in Limited just because compared to the Burst Stadium, even the Takara Tomy BB-10's Tornado Ridge is god awful. During practice, I probably self-KOed about 10 times in a row with Lightning, and even my MF combos would regularly fly out even after settling into a level Tornado Stall. This definitely showed during the tournament in the final match and when I barely beat Common Pickle's Burn combo 3-2 with Bandid Wyvang - both times I probably didn't launch as hard as I should have, just because unlike in Burst the self-KO risk is very high.

I don't remember having problems with MF, but at BEYBLADE NORTH 2019 I definitely had issues self-KOing with MSF-H Bandit Wyvang DF105RF. Part of this can be attributed to some of the factors you've listed and the adjustment we've all made to Burst (and the exits are smaller on the Burst BeyStadium Standard Type than the BB-10) ... but I think with more consistent practice we'd improve in Metal Fight Limited.
LA MFB Limited Brawl #2: Far From Plastic
7-13-2019
Los Angeles, CA

Sniper 1st 
MF-H Meteo  L Drago 90 R2F
MF-H Gravity Perseus (attack) GB145 CF
Flame Aquario 230 MB
MF Lightning L Drago S130 MF

Kingz_hero_ 2nd 
MF-H Pegasus  W105 RF
Burn Cancer B:D
Earth Zurafa 230 CS
Gravity Perseus B:D
L Drago ED145 AS

Ramon001 3rd 
MF Meteo L Drago 100 EWD
Phoenix Thief SW145 SD
Nightmare Horogium 160 GCF
BRAMPTON OR BURST! - 7/13/19
Brampton, ON, Canada - Burst Format

[Image: 6sUJiVp.jpg]

1st: BladerBeast
LC Hell Salamander 00Cross Xtend+
LC Archer Hercules 0Cross Xtend+
Judgement Joker 7Bump Xtreme' (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: Justin TC 
Judgement Joker Blitz Atomic Gen (Qualifiers & Deck Format Finals)
Zwei Longinus Sting Quick' Zan (Deck Format Finals Only)
Cho-Z Spriggan 0Wall Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: flamethrowerJWA 
Dead Phoenix 0 Atomic
Judgement Joker Sting Atomic
Judgement Dragon Sting Destroy' Zan (Deck Format Finals Only)
Zwei Fafnir Ratchet Atomic Retsu (Deck Format Finals Only)

4th: HopieNinja
There it is, Judgement Joker Gen! I knew it was going to show up sooner or later.
OldSchool Didn't Blader Beast use jJ 7B Qc' Zan?
HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 11 - 7/14/19
Toronto, ON, Canada - Metal Fight Format

[Image: rNnSSGq.gif]

1st: OldSchool™
MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RDF

2nd: Kei
Genbull Dragooon 85PD
MSF Wyvang Wyvang D: D
MF-L Flash Scorpio CH120MF (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: 1234beyblade
Phantom Cancer 90 MF
Bahamdia Phoenic 90 MF
MSF-L Wyvang Balro 230 MS (Deck Format Finals Only)

We totally got that top three photo in one take.

Let's just say someone didn't realize this was unranked until the end of the first stage and then stuck with it anyways. Serious I was one point away from getting MF-H Virgo E230CS on the winning combos!

Also, please check out this epic "Metal Fight Burst Finish" that happened in a match between 1234beyblade and pyrus10000: https://twitter.com/flaxendream/status/1...0334520321

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 11 - 7/14/19
Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst Classic Format

[Image: f6miSnM.jpg]

1st: Justin TC
Victory Valkyrie Heavy Quick Dash
Gaianon G2 Gravity Ωcta
Victory Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme Dash (Deck Format Finals Only)
Acid Anubis Knuckle Revolve (Deck Format Finals Only)

Gaianon G2 Gravity Ωcta
Xcalibur Heavy Xtreme'
Dragoon Fantom Yell Eternal
Neptune Knuckle Revolve (Deck Format Finals Only)
Victory Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme Dash (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: 1234beyblade
Wyvern Heavy Eternal
Valkyrie Knuckle Xtreme Dash
αmaterios Knuckle Xtreme Dash (Deck Format Finals Only)

Toronto's first ranked Burst Classic Format tournament! This event was pretty competitive; we had 24 players and I'd say about half of them were all fairly experienced. In the first round I had the hardest match up going up against Newtype (who had unbeknownst to me, upgraded his Wolborg to a Deathscyther since the last time we met lol), and then in the second round you already had matches like BladerBeast vs. Justin TC, 1234beyblade vs. pyrus10000, and henwooja1 vs. Mitsu.

I shot a video for the WBO Youtube Channel for the first time in a while, so please stay tuned for that.

The usual suspects like Victory Valkyrie, Acid Anubis, and Gaianon G2 were popular choices throughout the day. After making its debut in Toronto in the finals of BEYBLADE NORTH 2019, Hasbro's Ωcta was seen a lot beyond just the top two players. It got beat by pure stamina, but was a solid defense type.

It's also worth making note of the high usage of Knuckle among the top players. That says something about this format, I think.

Overall, nothing really felt particularly safe as a catch-all option–like Odin Yell Zephyr' did before we banned Z', for example–which resulted in what you see above: a pretty even spread between Attack, Defense, and Stamina.

And I mentioned it in the tournament thread, but congratulations to Justin TC for finally earning his first first place finish after just over a full year! I knew it would come sooner or later. Smile

(Jul. 15, 2019  8:48 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: There it is, Judgement Joker Gen! I knew it was going to show up sooner or later.

Justin TC had actually used that at IT'S RAINING BEYBLADES and made it to the finals, but unfortunately didn't make it into the top three at that event.

Edit: Video for HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 11 (Burst Classic) is up!

(Jul. 16, 2019  4:05 AM)Kei Wrote: We totally got that top three photo in one take.

Yeah give or take the 20 times 1234 almost killed himself xD
αmaterios is viable in classic? That's very surprising. Does anyone know how that bey did?
Amazing results for BRAMPTON OR BURST there. I'd never expect to see so much attack types on the top 3. While GT has not provided new stamina/defense layers to replace the old kings, the last 2 attack layer releases do not disappoint.
(Jul. 17, 2019  10:21 AM)eigerblade Wrote: Amazing results for BRAMPTON OR BURST there. I'd never expect to see so much attack types on the top 3. While GT has not provided new stamina/defense layers to replace the old kings, the last 2 attack layer releases do not disappoint.

Dread base: am I a joke to you
(Jul. 17, 2019  12:50 PM)Ravinchen Wrote: Dread base: am I a joke to you

I don't see how Dread can replace Hell Salamander in any way.
(Jul. 17, 2019  2:02 PM)eigerblade Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2019  12:50 PM)Ravinchen Wrote: Dread base: am I a joke to you

I don't see how Dread can replace Hell Salamander in any way.

As LazerBeamz has proven, Dread Diabolos Sting Atomic can definitely outspin Hell Salamander Sting Atomic In testing.