Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(May. 27, 2019  8:54 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Kind of surprised that 00lift and wall are used over ratchet. Maybe, the winners didn't have ratchet at the time of the event?
(May. 27, 2019  7:05 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Just because Orb Egis can beat Perfect Phoenix doesn't really fix the issue. It's a mostly niche bey used to counter a meta pick; no different than bL on X' back before CzV was released.
Is orb egis the reason pP is still unbanned? Was it told so? Also, if you can beat a meta combo with a niche combo, I don't see what's wrong. Perhaps, you are saying that it can be beaten by aH, hS and so on?

There's other ways you can take care of perfect Phoenix on extend Plus the last tournament I hosted I took out someone that was using a combo very similar with archer Hercules Zero lift OCTA the stamina in perfect Phoenix is not the best out there and once you outweigh the combo it's using with one that has better stamina properties for the layer and you have the power in your launch you can pretty much shut it down
(May. 30, 2019  8:06 PM)ZYeYO Wrote:
(May. 27, 2019  8:54 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Kind of surprised that 00lift and wall are used over ratchet. Maybe, the winners didn't have ratchet at the time of the event?
Is orb egis the reason pP is still unbanned? Was it told so? Also, if you can beat a meta combo with a niche combo, I don't see what's wrong. Perhaps, you are saying that it can be beaten by aH, hS and so on?

There's other ways you can take care of perfect Phoenix on extend Plus the last tournament I hosted I took out someone that was using a combo very similar with archer Hercules Zero lift OCTA the stamina in perfect Phoenix is not the best out there and once you outweigh the combo it's using with one that has better stamina properties for the layer and you have the power in your launch you can pretty much shut it down

How many people own Octa though? xD
Even here in Toronto, only 2 people have it.

I'd love to test out this combo but I don't own Octa lol
(May. 29, 2019  6:04 AM)Shindog Wrote: Judgement Ashura bc it looks good.  

Stadium out can be inconsistent.  But before beyblade burst....

Launching really hard could increase burst risk?  I think pP was bursting a little bit as well as being KOed. 

Other meta stuff.  Weak launching these may be acceptable.  

https://youtu.be/VvC4uoD59hg

https://youtu.be/vR1v1SWZSMQ

I am generally opposed to bans because it is hard to know when to stop banning or when exactly it is fair to unban.  What to do if zwei is really good?

While that's a valid idea against bans, it's much better to have a healthy metagame than constantly allow whatever is the newest release. If Zwei turns out to be too good (which I doubt because it's left attack), then we might need to ban it. It's better to keep the meta safe than allow things to destroy it. When things should be unbanned is when releases catch up enough, like if Zwei Longinus and Diaboros and the next bey after that are all just as good as what's banned, then we should unban them once those releases are out. It's better to have what was broken to start with banned until those releases come so that the meta doesn't get polarized between those releases.

Like honestly right now, the game has changed enough beyond Spriggan Requiem that its time to let it change spin direction.
(May. 30, 2019  10:52 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(May. 29, 2019  6:04 AM)Shindog Wrote: Judgement Ashura bc it looks good.  

Stadium out can be inconsistent.  But before beyblade burst....

Launching really hard could increase burst risk?  I think pP was bursting a little bit as well as being KOed. 

Other meta stuff.  Weak launching these may be acceptable.  

https://youtu.be/VvC4uoD59hg

https://youtu.be/vR1v1SWZSMQ

I am generally opposed to bans because it is hard to know when to stop banning or when exactly it is fair to unban.  What to do if zwei is really good?

While that's a valid idea against bans, it's much better to have a healthy metagame than constantly allow whatever is the newest release. If Zwei turns out to be too good (which I doubt because it's left attack), then we might need to ban it. It's better to keep the meta safe than allow things to destroy it. When things should be unbanned is when releases catch up enough, like if Zwei Longinus and Diaboros and the next bey after that are all just as good as what's banned, then we should unban them once those releases are out. It's better to have what was broken to start with banned until those releases come so that the meta doesn't get polarized between those releases.

Like honestly right now, the game has changed enough beyond Spriggan Requiem that its time to let it change spin direction.
I think I understand.  We ban new releases that are too good compared to current beys.  We keep them banned until more releases come out that are just as good.  Then we can unban several beys at the same time that have similar power level.  This will keep the meta healthy.  Is this what you are proposing?  

I am not sure who will get to decide something is too good or not.  And who will decide when it is time to unban the group of once over-powered beys.  Someone or some group of people will have to continually test beys competitively that they can’t use competitively I guess. 

I see your point.  I believe this is hard to do but that is just me.  I do think Left spin attack can be quite good though.
(May. 30, 2019  11:36 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(May. 30, 2019  10:52 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: While that's a valid idea against bans, it's much better to have a healthy metagame than constantly allow whatever is the newest release. If Zwei turns out to be too good (which I doubt because it's left attack), then we might need to ban it. It's better to keep the meta safe than allow things to destroy it. When things should be unbanned is when releases catch up enough, like if Zwei Longinus and Diaboros and the next bey after that are all just as good as what's banned, then we should unban them once those releases are out. It's better to have what was broken to start with banned until those releases come so that the meta doesn't get polarized between those releases.

I think I understand.  We ban new releases that are too good compared to current beys.  We keep them banned until more releases come out that are just as good.  Then we can unban several beys at the same time that have similar power level.  This will keep the meta healthy.  Is this what you are proposing?  

I am not sure who will get to decide something is too good or not.  And who will decide when it is time to unban the group of once over-powered beys.  Someone or some group of people will have to continually test beys competitively that they can’t use competitively I guess. 

I see your point.  I believe this is hard to do but that is just me.  I do think Left spin attack can be quite good though.

Effectively, yes. It would be a meta shift, but at least the meta would be balanced.

Well, with every release, people are totally gonna buy it and test it. It's not like the people decide the bans for the WBO anyways (though certainly public pressure exists), whoever running the format rules does. That group of people should have access to matchup data.

The problem with left spin attack is that you can't burst your opponents. We see this issue with Dragoon S, Dragoon F, and Bloody Longinus (though these layers have other issues). Lost Longinus got the idea right by having metal on the layer, which allows the bey to beat opponents by sleeping them out due to the weight difference or have a greater chance of knocking them out. This is why the Charge driver is seeing some meta use despite not being a Dash driver. Nightmare Longinus does this too, but it also has a good shape to spin equalize somewhat (which is why Destroy is good on it).
(May. 30, 2019  10:52 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: While that's a valid idea against bans, it's much better to have a healthy metagame than constantly allow whatever is the newest release. If Zwei turns out to be too good (which I doubt because it's left attack), then we might need to ban it. It's better to keep the meta safe than allow things to destroy it. When things should be unbanned is when releases catch up enough, like if Zwei Longinus and Diaboros and the next bey after that are all just as good as what's banned, then we should unban them once those releases are out. It's better to have what was broken to start with banned until those releases come so that the meta doesn't get polarized between those releases.

Sr is still being used with great success in the Deck Format. It's only usable in Deck Format because it's easy to Burst when it's on Bearing. That being said, it works as a great threat to opponents when used in a Deck because they have to be careful when using a Right Spin Bey, since Sr is most popular in Left. Allowing it to change direction would be fatal to the meta because it would almost always guarantee a victory when used with a soft-launch.
(May. 31, 2019  12:00 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:

Sr is still being used with great success in the Deck Format. It's only usable in Deck Format because it's easy to Burst when it's on Bearing. That being said, it works as a great threat to opponents when used in a Deck because they have to be careful when using a Right Spin Bey, since Sr is most popular in Left. Allowing it to change direction would be fatal to the meta because it would almost always guarantee a victory when used with a soft-launch.

Tbh, Sr being able to change spin directions won’t  really change much due to combos so such a perfect Phoenix alr alreafy having excellen LAD which out tiers most zombie beys well.
(Jun. 02, 2019  4:09 AM)Godly_Requiem Wrote:
(May. 31, 2019  12:00 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Sr is still being used with great success in the Deck Format. It's only usable in Deck Format because it's easy to Burst when it's on Bearing. That being said, it works as a great threat to opponents when used in a Deck because they have to be careful when using a Right Spin Bey, since Sr is most popular in Left. Allowing it to change direction would be fatal to the meta because it would almost always guarantee a victory when used with a soft-launch.

Tbh, Sr being able to change spin directions won’t  really change much due to combos so such a perfect Phoenix alr alreafy having excellen LAD which out tiers most zombie beys well.

The Layer itself isn’t the main factor in LAD. Spriggan Requiem still has a lot of potential because of how light it is compared to most Cho-Z Beys as well as because of the rubber. Those two things allow it to Spin-Steal really well, which allow it to bring most matchups down to LAD.
(Jun. 02, 2019  4:14 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2019  4:09 AM)Godly_Requiem Wrote: Tbh, Sr being able to change spin directions won’t  really change much due to combos so such a perfect Phoenix alr alreafy having excellen LAD which out tiers most zombie beys well.

The Layer itself isn’t the main factor in LAD. Spriggan Requiem still has a lot of potential because of how light it is compared to most Cho-Z Beys as well as because of the rubber. Those two things allow it to Spin-Steal really well, which allow it to bring most matchups down to LAD.

While Requiem is still a viable layer in the metagame and it has rubber, it has been outclassed by choS because of the burst stoppers. Spriggan Requiem's teeth aren't the best ever, and with the inertia speed weight and teeth of other layers (i.e hS pP etc) it can be burst much more easily. In deck format, losing 2 points is devastating, so most players opt to use choS.
(Jun. 02, 2019  4:25 AM)leosama Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2019  4:14 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: The Layer itself isn’t the main factor in LAD. Spriggan Requiem still has a lot of potential because of how light it is compared to most Cho-Z Beys as well as because of the rubber. Those two things allow it to Spin-Steal really well, which allow it to bring most matchups down to LAD.

While Requiem is still a viable layer in the metagame and it has rubber, it has been outclassed by choS because of the burst stoppers. Spriggan Requiem's teeth aren't the best ever, and with the inertia speed weight and teeth of other layers (i.e hS pP etc) it can be burst much more easily. In deck format, losing 2 points is devastating, so most players opt to use choS.

The bad thing is that ChoS can't spin steal as well. The Deck Format is mostly based on using a mix of good combos and risky combos, so people actually do use Sr a decent bit. Ardmore Bladers himself used SrS3.00E.Br in Empire City Strikes back, and he's really good when it comes to Defense and Stamina combos.
Perfect Phoenix still has considerably better LAD then Spriggan Requiem.
(Jun. 02, 2019  4:30 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2019  4:25 AM)leosama Wrote: While Requiem is still a viable layer in the metagame and it has rubber, it has been outclassed by choS because of the burst stoppers. Spriggan Requiem's teeth aren't the best ever, and with the inertia speed weight and teeth of other layers (i.e hS pP etc) it can be burst much more easily. In deck format, losing 2 points is devastating, so most players opt to use choS.

The bad thing is that ChoS can't spin steal as well. The Deck Format is mostly based on using a mix of good combos and risky combos, so people actually do use Sr a decent bit. Ardmore Bladers himself used SrS3.00E.Br in Empire City Strikes back, and he's really good when it comes to Defense and Stamina combos.

yep, thats right. but to activate the burst stoppers gimmick they'd be shooting very hard, so spin stealing wouldn't really be very necessary here.
(Jun. 02, 2019  6:14 AM)leosama Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2019  4:30 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: The bad thing is that ChoS can't spin steal as well. The Deck Format is mostly based on using a mix of good combos and risky combos, so people actually do use Sr a decent bit. Ardmore Bladers himself used SrS3.00E.Br in Empire City Strikes back, and he's really good when it comes to Defense and Stamina combos.

yep, thats right. but to activate the burst stoppers gimmick they'd be shooting very hard, so spin stealing wouldn't really be very necessary here.

True, but that could lead to getting KOd if the Bearing Driver in question has been used a lot. In fact, my Cho-Z Spriggan was KOd by Orb Egis Sting Atomic because I didn’t soft launch it. There was also the time that LazerBeamz tried to exploit my hard launch by changing his czS.10S.Xt+ to Defense mode and KO me, but I luckily tilted the launcher in hopes to destabilize him, but it worked out to counter his strategy that I didn’t think of at the time. My Bearing is from the God Customize Set, which probably explains why I had to be so careful.
I’ve been away for so long lmao. I don’t know anything else here, so ig they’ve both got their disadvantages and advantages .

ik this looks like I’m changing the topic, but I’m curious
do sting and 00 disks outclass 7 ?? I’ve seen them been used a lot. If not, can anyone explain why they are used ?
(Jun. 02, 2019  1:28 PM)leosama Wrote: I’ve been away for so long lmao. I don’t know anything else here, so ig they’ve both got their disadvantages and advantages .

ik this looks like I’m changing the topic, but I’m curious
do sting and 00 disks outclass 7 ?? I’ve seen them been used a lot. If not, can anyone explain why they are used ?

7 is barely used because it’s very outclassed in weight, and the Cho-Z Beys can handle the weight so they rarely self-Burst. Basically, 7 is very outclassed because there are now three core Disks that are heavier than it and some of the GT Disks are also heavier, and the metagame has evolved in a way that doesn’t require light Disks.
(Jun. 02, 2019  4:14 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2019  4:09 AM)Godly_Requiem Wrote: Tbh, Sr being able to change spin directions won’t  really change much due to combos so such a perfect Phoenix alr alreafy having excellen LAD which out tiers most zombie beys well.

Being light is a weakness of Sr. It means other beys beat it with superior weight beating it down. The only thing Sr has going for it is its small shape, which means it spin steals better (being wide is why Geist Fafnir sucks and why Cho-Z Spriggan can't really spin steal).
(Jun. 02, 2019  5:33 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2019  4:14 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: The Layer itself isn’t the main factor in LAD. Spriggan Requiem still has a lot of potential because of how light it is compared to most Cho-Z Beys as well as because of the rubber. Those two things allow it to Spin-Steal really well, which allow it to bring most matchups down to LAD.

Being light is a weakness of Sr. It means other beys beat it with superior weight beating it down. The only thing Sr has going for it is its small shape, which means it spin steals better (being wide is why Geist Fafnir sucks and why Cho-Z Spriggan can't really spin steal).

I know, but heavier Beys can’t Spin Steal as easily.
Click Here to Read My BEYBLADE NORTH 2019 Weekend Report

BEYBLADE NORTH 2019 - Friday - 5/24/19
Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst Classic Format

[Image: GNYt5mx.jpg]

1st: Kei
Odin Yell Zephyr’
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Gaianon G2 Gravity Ωcta (Deck Format Finals Only)
Victory Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme’ (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: 1234beyblade
Gigant Gaia Yell Yielding
Gigant Gaia Knuckle Yielding
Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme’ (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: BladerBeast
Acid Anubis Knuckle Revolve
Dragoon F Yell Eternal
Dragoon F Spread Eternal (Deck Format Finals Only)
Odin Yell Zephyr’ (Deck Format Finals Only)

BEYBLADE NORTH 2019 - Saturday - 5/25/19
Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst Format

[Image: FaEqycX.jpg]

1st: OldSchool™
Perfect Phoenix 0 Xtend Plus
Perfect Phoenix (Level Chip) 0 Cross Xtend Plus
Cho-Z Valkyrie Blitz Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: henwooja1
Perfect Phoenix Ωuter Xtend Plus
Hell Salamander Ωuter Xtend Plus
Dead Hades 10 Dagger Xtreme’ (Deck Format Finals Only)
Hell Salamander 0 Wall Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)
Perfect Phoenix 00 Cross Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: Hunter08
Slash Valkyrie Sting Xtend Plus Retsu
Perfect Phoenix 0 Bump Eternal
Hell Salamander (Level Chip) 0 Cross Atomic
Cho-Z Valkyrie Blitz Charge

BEYBLADE NORTH 2019 - Sunday - 5/26/19
Toronto, ON, Canada - Metal Fight Limited Format

[Image: vG7si9M.jpg]

1st: henwooja1
MF-L Earth Cancer GB145EWD
MF-L Earth Cancer 90EWD
MF-L Burn Leone T125EWD
MF Lightning L Drago LW105R2F
MF Earth Cancer 90CS (Deck Format Finals Only)
MF Flame Leone 230CS (Deck Format Finals Only)
MF-M Gravity Perseus CH120MF (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: Kei
MF Flame Hades 230CS
MF-H Gravity Perseus CH120MF
MF-L Gravity Perseus F230GCF (Deck Format Finals Only)
MF-H Earth Cygnus 90CS (Deck Format Finals Only)
MSF-H Bandit Wyvang DF105RF (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: Crimson
MF Flame Hades 230CS
MF Earth Cygnus 100EWD
MF-M Earth Cygnus TH170D (Deck Format Finals Only)
MF-H Screw Gemios 90MF (Deck Format Finals Only)
MSF-H Bandit Wyvang SW145RB (Deck Format Finals Only)

Click Here to Read My BEYBLADE NORTH 2019 Weekend Report
Important note for the Burst Classic format of Beyblade North 2019, they did a trial unban of Xtend+. However, there weren't many people using it according to Kei.
Yami Tournament 5: The Yami Strikes Back! - 06/02/19
Brooklyn, New York - Burst Standard Format

1st - Ardmore Bladers

Hell Salamander Sting Atomic (Deck Format Only)
(LC) Perfect Phoenix 0 Cross Xtend+ (Deck Format Only)
Balkesh B3 00 Wall Bearing (Group Stage & Deck Format Only)
(LC) Perfect Phoenix 00 Cross Xtend+ (Group Stage Only)

2nd - LazerBeamz

Cho Z Achilles Sting Charge (Deck Format Only)
Cho Z Spriggan 00 Bump Operate (Deck Format Only)
(LC) Perfect Phoenix 00 Cross Xtend+ (Group Stage Only)
Judgment Asura 0 Cross Charge TEN (Group Stage Only)

3rd - Goat Gang CCNJ

Dead Hades 00 Proof Zephyr' (Deck Format Only)
Cho Z Achilles Sting Charge (Deck Format Only)
Bloody Longinus 0 Bump Orbit (Deck Format Only)
Perfect Phoenix 00 Proof Eternal (Group Stage Only)
Hell Salamander 00 Proof Eternal (Group Stage Only)
That tournament was extremely fun. I really enjoyed it. Nice meeting a lot of bladers! See you in the next one!
(Jun. 08, 2019  8:04 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote: Yami Tournament 5: The Yami Strikes Back! - 06/02/19
Brooklyn, New York - Burst Standard Format

This was definitely a lot of fun, looking forward to the next King’s Games Tournament! Also, I used B3 00W Br twice in the group stage actually.
(Jun. 08, 2019  11:55 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: This was definitely a lot of fun, looking forward to the next King’s Games Tournament! Also, I used B3 00W Br twice in the group stage actually.

Thanks man. Just edited the post.
Charge seems to be making an impact in several events lately!

How did JA.0C.Ch 天 do for you LazerBeamz? What did you play with it?
(Jun. 09, 2019  8:12 PM)Kei Wrote: Charge seems to be making an impact in several events lately!

How did JA.0C.Ch 天 do for you LazerBeamz? What did you play with it?

Though I only used it for 1 match during the group stage, JA.0C.Ch 天 did really well for me. I believe I used if up against LegendV3's Perfect Phoenix on either Eternal, Atomic, or Xt+. I cant exaclty remember the driver and disk as there was a fair amount of Perfect Phoenix usage at the tournament. If my memory serves me well, I was able to win the match with 1 OS, 1 KO, and 1 Burst. I love Charge's heavy weight as well as its ability to tornado stall. This works well with Judgment as Judgment is able to get some pretty solid KO's a both high and low RPM's. I wish I had used JA.0C.Ch 天 in the finals instead of my czA.00B.Ch as that combo lost to Ardmore Bladers's Perfect Phoenix Outer Xtend+ at the end of a 4-4 tied game due to an outspin. Had I used JA.0C.Ch 天, I believe I would have had a higher chance of earning a Burst or KO against Perfect Phoenix. I was just not entirely confident using it yet and felt more comfortable with czA.

I also want to mention that I was using the Purple 0 disk from the Yamiterios set. This disk (along with most painted disks) make Judgment combos incredibly tight and acts as a pseudo-burst stopper. This really helped with Charge as it's heaviness increases burst risk in attack types.