Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Jun. 09, 2019  9:23 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2019  8:12 PM)Kei Wrote: Charge seems to be making an impact in several events lately!

How did JA.0C.Ch 天 do for you LazerBeamz? What did you play with it?

Though I only used it for 1 match during the group stage, JA.0C.Ch 天 did really well for me. I believe I used if up against LegendV3's Perfect Phoenix on either Eternal, Atomic, or Xt+. I cant exaclty remember the driver and disk as there was a fair amount of Perfect Phoenix usage at the tournament. If my memory serves me well, I was able to win the match with 1 OS, 1 KO, and 1 Burst. I love Charge's heavy weight as well as its ability to tornado stall. This works well with Judgment as Judgment is able to get some pretty solid KO's a both high and low RPM's. I wish I had used JA.0C.Ch 天 in the finals instead of my czA.00B.Ch as that combo lost to Ardmore Bladers's Perfect Phoenix Outer Xtend+ at the end of a 4-4 tied game due to an outspin. Had I used JA.0C.Ch 天, I believe I would have had a higher chance of earning a Burst or KO against Perfect Phoenix. I was just not entirely confident using it yet and felt more comfortable with czA.

I also want to mention that I was using the Purple 0 disk from the Yamiterios set. This disk (along with most painted disks) make Judgment combos incredibly tight and acts as a pseudo-burst stopper. This really helped with Charge as it's heaviness increases burst risk in attack types.
Why did you decide to use the Ashura chip? I thought Joker and Valkyrie had better teeth.
(Jun. 12, 2019  5:25 AM)Guzmada Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2019  9:23 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote: Though I only used it for 1 match during the group stage, JA.0C.Ch 天 did really well for me. I believe I used if up against LegendV3's Perfect Phoenix on either Eternal, Atomic, or Xt+. I cant exaclty remember the driver and disk as there was a fair amount of Perfect Phoenix usage at the tournament. If my memory serves me well, I was able to win the match with 1 OS, 1 KO, and 1 Burst. I love Charge's heavy weight as well as its ability to tornado stall. This works well with Judgment as Judgment is able to get some pretty solid KO's a both high and low RPM's. I wish I had used JA.0C.Ch 天 in the finals instead of my czA.00B.Ch as that combo lost to Ardmore Bladers's Perfect Phoenix Outer Xtend+ at the end of a 4-4 tied game due to an outspin. Had I used JA.0C.Ch 天, I believe I would have had a higher chance of earning a Burst or KO against Perfect Phoenix. I was just not entirely confident using it yet and felt more comfortable with czA.

I also want to mention that I was using the Purple 0 disk from the Yamiterios set. This disk (along with most painted disks) make Judgment combos incredibly tight and acts as a pseudo-burst stopper. This really helped with Charge as it's heaviness increases burst risk in attack types.
Why did you decide to use the Ashura chip? I thought Joker and Valkyrie had better teeth.

There’s just a pink and blue Ashura chip that goes very well with the Joker base.
(Jun. 12, 2019  12:36 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2019  5:25 AM)Guzmada Wrote: Why did you decide to use the Ashura chip? I thought Joker and Valkyrie had better teeth.

There’s just a pink and blue Ashura chip that goes very well with the Joker base.
Gotta win in style
(Jun. 12, 2019  12:36 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2019  5:25 AM)Guzmada Wrote: Why did you decide to use the Ashura chip? I thought Joker and Valkyrie had better teeth.

Guzmada While the Pink and Purple Ashua chip goes really well with the Judgment Layer Bases, Others and I have also found Ashura to work really well with Dash drivers. I was also planning to substitute JA.0C.Ch's Charge Driver with Zeta' for stationary attack. Also, using a purple 0 or most painted disks on the judgment layer base means you don't really need to worry about burst resistance as painted disks make Judgment combos extraordinarily tight.
(Jun. 09, 2019  9:23 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2019  8:12 PM)Kei Wrote: Charge seems to be making an impact in several events lately!

How did JA.0C.Ch 天 do for you LazerBeamz? What did you play with it?

Though I only used it for 1 match during the group stage, JA.0C.Ch 天 did really well for me. I believe I used if up against LegendV3's Perfect Phoenix on either Eternal, Atomic, or Xt+. I cant exaclty remember the driver and disk as there was a fair amount of Perfect Phoenix usage at the tournament. If my memory serves me well, I was able to win the match with 1 OS, 1 KO, and 1 Burst. I love Charge's heavy weight as well as its ability to tornado stall. This works well with Judgment as Judgment is able to get some pretty solid KO's a both high and low RPM's. I wish I had used JA.0C.Ch 天 in the finals instead of my czA.00B.Ch as that combo lost to Ardmore Bladers's Perfect Phoenix Outer Xtend+ at the end of a 4-4 tied game due to an outspin. Had I used JA.0C.Ch 天, I believe I would have had a higher chance of earning a Burst or KO against Perfect Phoenix. I was just not entirely confident using it yet and felt more comfortable with czA.

Wow! Never knew I would ever see Charge or Ashura (without a dash driver) ever in the meta!