Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Jul. 28, 2019  2:21 AM)Barreto Wrote: Don't Roll, SPIN! - 7/20/2019

1st Place: Barreto
Judgement Joker Zan Blitz Xtreme Dash
LC Hell Salamander 0Bump Orbit
Cho-Z Spriggan 00Wall Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd Place: Jeriel1000
Cho-Z Valkyrie 0Bump Atomic
Cho-Z Achilles 0Bump Atomic
Cho-Z Spriggan 0Wall Bearing

3rd Place: Jovian
Venom Diabolos Vanguard Bullet
Erase Diabolos Vanguard Bullet
Slash Valkyrie Retsu Blitz Power

Wow, quite surprising combos. I checked the event page for any ruleset/restrictions, but didn't see any. Curious as to how each combo performed against what combo tho.

Judgement Joker Zan Blitz Xtreme Dash - I guess this is a typical tank attack type

LC Hell Salamander 0Bump Orbit - looks a bit iffy, but it worked (I'd personally prefer 10Cross.Xtend+ tho)

Cho-Z Spriggan 00Wall Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only) - another staple meta combo

Cho-Z Valkyrie 0Bump Atomic - nice, I'd assume this was on a tilt or sliding launch to prevent self-KO

Cho-Z Achilles 0Bump Atomic - same as above (could've been better on Destroy' imo)

Cho-Z Spriggan 0Wall Bearing - another staple meta combo

Cho-Z Spriggan 00Wall Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only) - same as above

This line-up quite amused and confused me at the same time:

Venom Diabolos Vanguard Bullet - what? a stock combo? HORRIII SH-
Erase Diabolos Vanguard Bullet - another stock combo? NANIIIIII

Slash Valkyrie Retsu Blitz Power - why stock combo??? 

Would like some info and feedback (not really a blow-by-blow account) of the matches each combo went through, cuz some of the combos are quite not as I'd expect
(Jul. 28, 2019  2:31 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:

Wow, quite surprising combos. I checked the event page for any ruleset/restrictions, but didn't see any. Curious as to how each combo performed against what combo tho.

Judgement Joker Zan Blitz Xtreme Dash - I guess this is a typical tank attack type

LC Hell Salamander 0Bump Orbit - looks a bit iffy, but it worked (I'd personally prefer 10Cross.Xtend+ tho)

Cho-Z Spriggan 00Wall Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only) - another staple meta combo

Cho-Z Valkyrie 0Bump Atomic - nice, I'd assume this was on a tilt or sliding launch to prevent self-KO

Cho-Z Achilles 0Bump Atomic - same as above (could've been better on Destroy' imo)

Cho-Z Spriggan 0Wall Bearing - another staple meta combo

Cho-Z Spriggan 00Wall Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only) - same as above

This line-up quite amused and confused me at the same time:

Venom Diabolos Vanguard Bullet - what? a stock combo? HORRIII SH-
Erase Diabolos Vanguard Bullet - another stock combo? NANIIIIII

Slash Valkyrie Retsu Blitz Power - why stock combo??? 

Would like some info and feedback (not really a blow-by-blow account) of the matches each combo went through, cuz some of the combos are quite not as I'd expect
I’m surprised the stock combos got them to the top 3.
[Image: wAtFS5G.jpg]

Wow. Stock combos in the top three. Jovian we need to know how. XD
One of my winning combinations was with ifritor layer, magnum xcalius forge disc and zeus driver
FISTS WON'T DO IT - 7/28/19
Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst Format

[Image: toronto-beyblade-burst-tournament-fists-...-72819.jpg]

1st: Kei
Balkesh B3 00 Wall Bearing
Zwei Diabolos 00 Bump Weight
Judgment Diabolos 0 Glaive Quick Dash
Archer Hercules 0 Cross Xtend Plus (Deck Format Finals Only)
Perfect Phoenix (Level Chip) 00 Cross Xtend Plus (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: henwooja1
Hell Salamander (Level Chip) 10 Cross Xtend Plus
Zwei Longinus 10 Cross Xtend Plus Metsu
Zwei Longinus Ωuter Accel Dash Metsu
Perfect Phoenix (Level Chip) 10 Cross Xtend Plus
Zwei Longinus Ωuter Atomic Metsu (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: Colin loewen
Zwei Longinus 0 Cross Atomic Metsu
Venom Diabolos 00 Bump Bearing
Judgment Joker 7 Glaive Xtreme Dash Zan

4th: 1234beyblade

I'm tempted to say that the Burst metagame right now is the best it's ever been. The potency of Zwei and Judgment make them competitive on a wide array of Drivers and overall things seem a lot more balanced between all types. Zwei and Judgment are at every turn, but there's also a healthy amount of Archer Hercules, Cho-Z Spriggan, Perfect Phoenix, Balkesh B3, etc.

After being defeated in the first round of the finals yesterday at Battle for Chinguacousy! due to my ZD.00B.Ω combo being bursted twice by ZL.Dr.Cy 滅, I wanted to find something that wouldn't burst as much, still have decent stamina, and would be easy to control. So, I went with Weight since it fit that bill and I've had a bit of history of using a similar combo several years ago with Lost Longinus. Worked well for the match I used it! That said, I do wish Ωcta had a better spring ...

The MVP of the final match for me was Archer Hercules. aH is a hard counter to Zwei, so I was able to take that choice away from henwooja1 and then I was able to OS his LC pP.10C.Xt+ several times and his Balkesh B3 once (he beat me once as well and we had ... 8 ties lol). But in any case, it's great to see henwooja1's dominance continue! He should be rising through the rankings significantly once we start processing the events of the past few months.

It was also great to see Colin loewen place in the top four for the first time! That VD.00B.Br combo was interesting. It was surprisingly tight.

1234beyblade also did well in his first Burst Format event since BEYBLADE NORTH 2019. Despite having no experience with Judgment going into the event, he was able to pilot it on Xtreme Dash through many of his matches and nearly was able to defeat henwooja1 in the semi-finals.
(Jul. 29, 2019  2:44 AM)Kei Wrote: 1st: Kei
Zwei Diabolos 00 Bump Weight Metsu
Judgment Diabolos 0 Glaive Quick Dash
Archer Hercules 0 Cross Xtend Plus (Deck Format Finals Only)
Perfect Phoenix (Level Chip) 00 Cross Xtend Plus (Deck Format Finals Only)
I think there is a typo in Kei’s Zwei combo.
(Jul. 29, 2019  3:02 AM)Shindog Wrote: I think there is a typo in Kei’s Zwei combo.

Where? If you're referring to "Weight" ... that's the Driver haha.
Weight is an Orbit Metal that doesn't spin. Grin
For a second I thought it said "wedge" L0L
(Jul. 29, 2019  3:04 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2019  3:02 AM)Shindog Wrote: I think there is a typo in Kei’s Zwei combo.

Where? If you're referring to "Weight" ... that's the Driver haha.

Isn’t Diabolos and Metsu redundant?
(Jul. 29, 2019  3:33 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2019  3:04 AM)Kei Wrote: Where? If you're referring to "Weight" ... that's the Driver haha.

Isn’t Diabolos and Metsu redundant?

This is exactly what I see. Diabolos can't have the Metsu weight at all.
Fixed. Smile
I didn’t know whack Drivers like Weight got to see any play. Can someone explain why not At or O?
(Jul. 29, 2019  1:57 PM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote: I didn’t know whack Drivers like Weight got to see any play. Can someone explain why not At or O?

Atomic has distinct benefits, but it is also harder to control and easier to knock out in my opinion. This is a key consideration for something like Zwei which has a lot of recoil and has a high probability of facing another Zwei during a tournament right now. That’s why I originally used Ωcta the other day; I wanted to create something super heavy to mitigate recoil and have a higher likelihood of staying in the stadium than lighter combos (whether it be Zwei, Judgment, or anything else). Unfortunately, Ωcta bursted too easily in mirror matches against Zwei so I abandoned it.

Orbit probably would have worked too, but I tested Weight and liked it so a I went with that. If I was to use the combo again however, I imagine it’ll probably be replaced by Orbit Metal when it comes out.

I don’t have time to test every single possibility anymore; there’s so many Drivers that can be competitive on something like Zwei. It just depends on your preference and what purpose you want it to serve.
Pixel Perfect Phoenix - 07/28/19
Brooklyn, New York - Burst Standard

1st Ardmore Bladers

Judgment Dragon 0Bump Accel' (Deck)
Perfect Phoenix 00Cross Xtend+ (Deck & Group)
Balkesh B3 Ratchet Bearing (Deck)
Balkesh B3 00Wall Bearing (Group)

2nd RED NINJA 0829

Perfect Phoenix Sting Atomic (Group)
Perfect Phoenix 0Cross Xtend+ (Deck)
Cho Z Spriggan 00 Keep (Deck & Group)
(LC) Hell Salamander 00Cross Xtend+ (Deck & Group)
Judgment Joker Blitz Bearing ZAN (Deck)
Zwei Longinus 00Proof Zephyr' METSU (Deck)

3rd Mekhi726

Balkesh B3 Ratchet Bearing (Group)
Balkesh B3 0Star Bearing (Deck)
Judgment Diabolos 0 Destroy' (DecK)
Balkesh B3 0Lift Bearing (Group)
(Jul. 29, 2019  2:44 AM)Kei Wrote: FISTS WON'T DO IT - 7/28/19

Yeah Kei, Our battle for first place totally showed how attack is good xD. B3 Br and aH Xt+ are DEFANATLY top ter for Attack xD
(Jul. 29, 2019  2:44 AM)UKei Wrote: FISTS WON'T DO IT - 7/28/19
Just gonna say, look at the hand of the person on the left in the picture.
(Jul. 30, 2019  11:37 PM)Dash Driver Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2019  2:44 AM)UKei Wrote: FISTS WON'T DO IT - 7/28/19
Just gonna say, look at the hand of the person on the left in the picture.

Dang it Colin!
(Jul. 31, 2019  1:26 PM)henwooja1 Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2019  11:37 PM)Dash Driver Wrote: Just gonna say, look at the hand of the person on the left in the picture.

Dang it Colin!
He’s the guy who did that?
(Jul. 31, 2019  1:28 PM)Dash Driver Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2019  1:26 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: Dang it Colin!
He’s the guy who did that?
Yep Lol
(Jul. 29, 2019  2:59 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2019  1:57 PM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote: I didn’t know whack Drivers like Weight got to see any play. Can someone explain why not At or O?

Atomic has distinct benefits, but it is also harder to control and easier to knock out in my opinion. This is a key consideration for something like Zwei which has a lot of recoil and has a high probability of facing another Zwei during a tournament right now. That’s why I originally used Ωcta the other day; I wanted to create something super heavy to mitigate recoil and have a higher likelihood of staying in the stadium than lighter combos (whether it be Zwei, Judgment, or anything else). Unfortunately, Ωcta bursted too easily in mirror matches against Zwei so I abandoned it.

Orbit probably would have worked too, but I tested Weight and liked it so a I went with that. If I was to use the combo again however, I imagine it’ll probably be replaced by Orbit Metal when it comes out.

I don’t have time to test every single possibility anymore; there’s so many Drivers that can be competitive on something like Zwei. It just depends on your preference and what purpose you want it to serve.

Does Charge work here, or is that a no go?
His Octa was already too heavy for the combo that it caused bursts. What more for the even heavier Charge driver?
(Jul. 31, 2019  3:41 PM)Biggster Wrote: His Octa was already too heavy for the combo that it caused bursts. What more for the even heavier Charge driver?

I thought it was a spring problem? And I don’t think the weight of the driver affects bursts...
(Aug. 01, 2019  3:27 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2019  3:41 PM)Biggster Wrote: His Octa was already too heavy for the combo that it caused bursts. What more for the even heavier Charge driver?

I thought it was a spring problem? And I don’t think the weight of the driver affects bursts...

I might be entirely wrong but I believe additional weight increases inertia and increased inertia or outward weight in anything below the Layer can make it harder for the bottom of the combo to stop spinning for that split second when a big hit is taken, resulting in clicks. I think this effect can be nullified if the Layer can rival the weight of the Disc and Driver. Someone fact check me.