Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Jan. 29, 2017  8:16 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: You can now view the winning combos as well as other results for my Birthday Bash tournament (way back in October, sorry it took so long!).

Burst Exp: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Limited: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Could you please post them directly in this thread too? Thank you!
[Toronto, ON - 1/29/17] WELCOME TO A&C GAMES II
Burst Format [BST]

1st: Kei
Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Lost Longinus Spread Weight (Deck Format Finals Only)
Dark Deathscyther Spread Defense (Deck Format Finals Only)
Minoboros Knuckle Zephyr (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: @[cadney]
Valkyrie Heavy Revolve
Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Accel (Deck Format Finals Only)
Deathscyther Gravity Revolve (Deck Format Finals Only)
Valkyrie Knuckle Accel (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: @[1234beyblade]
Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Valkyrie Knuckle Trans (Deck Format Finals Only)

Please check out my tournament report for more information about this tournament!
Hey, @[Kei]. How L2SW did?
(Jan. 31, 2017  8:30 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Hey, @[Kei]. How L2SW did?

Check my tournament report. Smile I should have used Heavy or Gravity on it in the situation that I used it, but it did well enough considering what it was up against with Spread (V2KA and VGD).

I'll post more about my testing with L2 in Kai-V's thread later when I have time.
Back to Beysics
12/29/2016-Los Angeles-Plastics Club Format

1st: @[ThaKingTai]
AR: Scissor Attacker  WD: 8 Balance  SG: Left SG  BB: Semi-Flat Bearing Base

2nd: @[Achi-baba]
AR: Cross Spiker  WD: 10 Heavy  SG: Right SG 2 HMC  BB: SG Semi-Flat Base
AR: Smash Turtle  WD: 8 Heavy  SG: Left SG  BB: SG Flat Base
AR: Whale Crusher  WD: 10 Wide  SG: Right SG (Full Auto Clutch)  BB: Full Auto Clutch Base

3rd: @[Alta]
AR: Upper Dragon  WD: 8 Heavy  SG: Circle Survivor  BB: Final Clutch Base
AR: Upper Dragon  WD: 8 Heavy  SG: Right EG  BB: Final Clutch Base
*Ginga* Birthday Bash

Burst Experimental:
1st: *Ginga*
(I forgot what I used and I never wrote it down, my fault)
2nd: @[Yami]
Chaos Knuckle Revolve
Odin Heavy Defense
Dark Deathscyther Knuckle Yielding
3rd: @[TheGrimRipper13]
Odin Heavy/Knuckle Revolve
Odin Armed Orbit
Xcalibur Central Orbit

MFB Limited:
1st: @[Sniper]
MF-H Gravity Perseus GB145/TR145 CF/MF
2nd: @[TheGrimRipper13]
MF-L Gravity Perseus XGrin
3rd: @[Yami]
MF-H Gravity Perseus GB145 MF

I have no idea why I only have one combo for each blader for Limited, but it's what I wrote down haha.
(Feb. 01, 2017  11:14 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: 2nd: @[TheGrimRipper13]
MF-L Gravity Perseus XGrin

ma boi  Libruhhh
It was oddly effective, from what I can remember lmao. Dual spin is a blessing @[Angry Face]
Lol I was gonna say. I'm pretty sure I used more than that. I don't remember tbh but I know I used MF-H MLD 90 RF
(Feb. 01, 2017  11:14 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: I have no idea why I only have one combo for each blader for Limited, but it's what I wrote down haha.

I refuse to believe someone could place second using only MF-L Gravity Perseus X : D lol. I always try to ask winners to write down their combos right after the event because people tend to forget the longer you wait.

This might also be a good reminder for all Organizers: the new Organizers' Guide states that it is now required to submit all results within 14 days of the conclusion of the event. This will make it easier for us to process events once we have things up and running again, members who played in the event won't have to wait as long to see their results reflected in the rankings, we won't have to worry about trying to track down results for really old events, and as an Organizer it will ensure you won't forget anything!
It was the only combo I use and it work surpisingly well.
Beyblade Summit 2017 - 2/4/17
Goldsboro, North Carolina, USA - Burst Format

1st: Angry Face
Valtryek V2 Heavy Variable
Dark Deathscyther Spread Orbit
Odin Ring Revolve

2nd: DcollinG
Unicrest Ring Defense

3rd: CG0511
Dark Deathscyther Spread Needle
Dark Deathscyther Spread Defense

4th: Dark_Mousy
Lost Longinus Heavy Xtreme
Deathscyther Ring Revolve
Odin Heavy Revolve

Brackets:
http://challonge.com/BeybladeSummit2017
http://challonge.com/BeybladeSummit2017FInals
Odin Ring Revolve

Cool to see a Hasbey do well in a tournament.
Whoa, so many questions Gasp

(Feb. 05, 2017  2:50 PM)Angry Face Wrote: 1st: Angry Face
Odin Ring Revolve

Why Ring over Heavy, Gravity, etc?

(Feb. 05, 2017  2:50 PM)Angry Face Wrote: 2nd: DcollinG
Unicrest Ring Defense

Guessing this was maybe the only Beyblade @[DcollinG] had? What was it able to defeat? Just trying to figure out how it could place second when the 3rd and 4th place players had D2, Deathscyther, and Odin haha.

(Feb. 05, 2017  2:50 PM)Angry Face Wrote: 4th: Dark_Mousy
Deathscyther _____ Revolve
Odin _____ _____

Assuming you'll be filling in these blanks soon @[Dark_Mousy]? Cool to see you used L2HX. What did you win with that against?
(Feb. 06, 2017  12:19 AM)Kei Wrote: Why Ring over Heavy, Gravity, etc?

Since Odin could still serve its sole purpose for being in my deck box with Ring as its Disc, which was to hard-counter D2, it meant that I could save my heavier Discs for other combos that might've needed them more, like VGT (which I lost with to D_R and N_R) and Valtryek V2. ORR is incredibly easy to burst though, so I was also of course wary with its use, lol.

(Feb. 06, 2017  12:19 AM)Kei Wrote: Guessing this was maybe the only Beyblade @[DcollinG] had? What was it able to defeat? Just trying to figure out how it could place second when the 3rd and 4th place players had D2, Deathscyther, and Odin haha.

DcollinG actually had more Beys, but Unicrest was all he used for most of the tournament. In deck finals, he had two other combos in his deck, including  Roktavor ___ Accel, but he replayed the same losing matchup between Unicrest and ORR too many times... He still managed to get a burst off on Odin and an OS against my V2, but Deck may have been a bit much for him to take in at his first tournament.
(Feb. 05, 2017  2:50 PM)Angry Face Wrote: Beyblade Summit 2017 - 2/4/17
Goldsboro, North Carolina, USA - Burst Format

Odin Ring Revolve

2nd: DcollinG
Unicrest Ring Defense

3rd: CG0511
Dark Deathscyther Spread Needle
Dark Deathscyther Spread Defense

4th: Dark_Mousy
Deathscyther Ring Revolve
Odin Heavy Revolve

Brackets:
http://challonge.com/BeybladeSummit2017
http://challonge.com/BeybladeSummit2017FInals
Fixed and Updated.
(Feb. 06, 2017  12:19 AM)Kei Wrote: Whoa, so many questions :O

Why Ring over Heavy, Gravity, etc?

Guessing this was maybe the only Beyblade @[DcollinG] had? What was it able to defeat? Just trying to figure out how it could place second when the 3rd and 4th place players had D2, Deathscyther, and Odin haha.

Assuming you'll be filling in these blanks soon @[Dark_Mousy]? Cool to see you used L2HX. What did you win with that against?
I used Ring because I have the gold one and it looked good on my DeathScyther. And I thought it would be lighter and would give me some extra rotation. But I primarily used it because it as pretty.

And LLHX I used it to beat an Odin Combo some smaller combos. It was a fun combo for sure. It has use for the competitive list.

And as far as deck rotation goes, I wanted to see how far I could get with just attack. In the finals i had a bad mislauch and I was tired.
(Feb. 06, 2017  4:11 AM)Angry Face Wrote: Since Odin could still serve its sole purpose for being in my deck box with Ring as its Disc, which was to hard-counter D2, it meant that I could save my heavier Discs for other combos that might've needed them more, like VGT (which I lost with to D_R and N_R) and Valtryek V2. ORR is incredibly easy to burst though, so I was also of course wary with its use, lol.

Ah, I see! It being for Deck Format makes more sense. Did you use it only for Deck Format? That should be indicated if so (like I did for my most recent list here).

I'd be more inclined to use Knuckle on Odin or Valkyrie in particular (Knuckle works best with Valkyrie Trans and reduces self-bursting, I find) because of Ring's tendency to burst, as you mentioned.

(Feb. 06, 2017  4:11 AM)Angry Face Wrote: DcollinG actually had more Beys, but Unicrest was all he used for most of the tournament. In deck finals, he had two other combos in his deck, including  Roktavor ___ Accel, but he replayed the same losing matchup between Unicrest and ORR too many times... He still managed to get a burst off on Odin and an OS against my V2, but Deck may have been a bit much for him to take in at his first tournament.

Thanks for the details. Do wish I knew what he beat with Unicrest to get him into the position to play for first place though!

(Feb. 06, 2017  4:45 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Fixed and Updated.
I used Ring because I have the gold one and it looked good on my DeathScyther. And I thought it would be lighter and would give me some extra rotation. But I primarily used it because it as pretty.

And LLHX I used it to beat an Odin Combo some smaller combos. It was a fun combo for sure. It has use for the competitive list.

And as far as deck rotation goes, I wanted to see how far I could get with just attack. In the finals i had a bad mislauch and I was tired.

Haha, knowing you I should have guess that was the reason.

Nice! Yeah, Lost Longinus does better against Odin than anything else in my experience so far.
Love at First Metal Fight - 2/11/17
Roanoke, Virginia, USA - Club Format Limited (RR Deck)

1st: Blaze Wheeler
MF Vulcan Horuseus CH120R2F
Burn Fireblaze 230BWD
MF-H Earth Gasher GB145RS

2nd: Angry Face
MF-L Scythe Escolpio W105MF
MF-H Gravity Perseus D125GCF
MF Screw Kerbecs CH120R2F

3rd: theHELLbend
Earth Sagittario II GB145RSF
L Drago ED145RF

Brackets:
http://challonge.com/lafmf
(Feb. 13, 2017  2:25 PM)Angry Face Wrote: Love at First Metal Fight - 2/11/17

1st: @[Blaze Wheeler]
MF Vulcan _____ _____RF
MF-M Burn _____ 230BWD
MF-H Earth _____ GB145RS

L Drago ED145RF

Brackets:

ohhhh haven't seen an L-Drago combo come up ever. How effective was it, @[theHELLbend]
Angry Faces Wrote:2nd: Angry Face

And F2's favourite winning combos February award goes to.. Angry Face!!!

Even I wonder. How did exactly L-Drago did?
(Feb. 13, 2017  2:25 PM)Angry Face Wrote: Love at First Metal Fight - 2/11/17

1st: @[Blaze Wheeler]
MF Vulcan _____ _____RF
MF-M Burn _____ 230BWD
MF-H Earth _____ GB145RS

L Drago ED145RF

Brackets:

MF Vulcan Horuseus CH120R2F
Burn Fireblaze 230BWD
MF-H Earth Gasher GB145RS
[Toronto, ON - 2/18/17] WELCOME TO A&C GAMES III
Burst Format [BST]

1st: JesseObre
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Defense
Deathscyther Heavy Defense
Minoboros Knuckle Zephyr
Valkyrie Knuckle Trans (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: 1234beyblade
Neptune Heavy Revolve
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Defense
Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Victory Valkyrie Triple Zephyr (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: cadney
Lost Longinus Spread Xtreme
Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Accel (Deck Format Finals Only)

Dark Deathscyther Gravity Defense (Deck Format Finals Only)

Please check out my tournament report for more information about this tournament!
Los Angeles: Out of the Odinsleep
Burst Format [BST]

1st: Alta
Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Roktavor Gravity Defence

2nd: bladerking234
Deathscyther Gravity Revolve
Xeno Xcalibur Heavy Xtreme

3rd: Mage
Dark Deathscyther Knuckle Revolve
Lost Longinus Spread Orbit
Roktavor is written without a 'c'; I corrected it for you in your post, to facilitate searches.

Victory Valkyrie Down Orbit, really?
And what's the story with Roktavor Gravity Defense, @[Alta]? I'm curious, what did you find it good against? I could see it maybe bursting some opponents since Roktavor isn't terrible, but not sure I can see its use competitively on a widely applicable basis.

And @[ThaKingTai], to clarify: were all of the combos listed there used to win a match in the first stage of the event? If any were used only in the Deck Finals (and won at least one round of a Deck Format match), they should be labeled as such.