Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

Genbull Genbull is one of my personal favorite stamina choices for >145 tracks, but from my experience, in a mirrored match Duo will usually win. Did it OS Duo SA165WD and B: D at your tournament? It's interesting that you all chose higher tracks to put it on too, since 90 is more commonly used.
(Dec. 22, 2016  11:18 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Genbull Genbull is one of my personal favorite stamina choices for >145 tracks, but from my experience, in a mirrored match Duo will usually win. Did it OS Duo SA165WD and B: D at your tournament? It's interesting that you all chose higher tracks to put it on too, since 90 is more commonly used.

Reason I chose SA165 because I found higher height able OS more beys then short do on Genbu but other taller tracks have problem against Left Spin (which are getting popular here) and Mid track just don't work so I eventually came down to SA165WD. It was still able to OS all that something like SR200TB would do at same time able to deal with left spin. 

As for Duo. Yes it was able to OS Duo BGrin with ease for both me and AaryanBITW (who won in finals of September event against Disaster's Duo Cancer BGrin). Though at October event Jksiddh lost to Duo Cancer BGrin that Soumadri used by 3-1 (not sure what we different we did but I won against Soumadri using same combo)

Though I haven't tried much. Duo mirror still give it problem and but it still was able to OS Duo sometimes in testing i did at home.
[Mumbai, Maharashtra, India] Takao vs Kai:- Final Battle

Plastics:- (P.S. played in Tornado Attack and BB-10 if that's gonna to results.)
1st Place:-
spoilt-spoiler (Click to View)
2nd Place
spoilt-spoiler (Click to View)
3rd Place:- I know you didn't thought about this
Gembull-Spoiler (Click to View)
4th Place:-
King Lion Crushing Fang Spoilt-Spoiler (Click to View)
Well today's star was probably that Great Tiger Saucer Zombie but that doesn't mean it completely dominated event (though it did to prelimanarys lol).  Driger V2 did amazing too. Infact it proved again how much I underestimated it. it easily won against that defence Zombie which Ashton and Aaryan used against me and when Maximum Dranzer used it against Jksiddh's Wolborg 4 combo it was able to OS it and sometime KO it too. as for other combos one I would like to mention.

Driger G + Seaborg Base. well even though I lost first round with it but that time I wasn't used to launching it much if other is launching bey same time though it still KOed defence Zombie of ashton once I think? I spammed it in all other prelimanary round because my Fortress Base [which I call kaam chalau combo which means in hindi "just usable combo" failed when I tested it with RayxNikhil in after HMS Finals but it surprizingly KOed even Wolborg 4 and and won me 6 marches, which KOed me to finals lol.

Driger V2. did pretty decently in prelimanary. But it shown its real power in tirebreaker. I chose it because I seen Aaryan was taking Ashton's help for tiebreakers so I thought he will that Driger V2 which he borrowed from him so I attached my Driger V2 to launcher but soon realised that it wasn't V2 rather that Zombie combo so I thought nothing can be done now and launched. 

DRIGER V + Seaborg base attacker. yes I don't mean V2, though it didn't won many matches but it surprizingly able to KO thing like WB4 easily

Circle Survivor:- Do I need to tell beyhaha?

HMS:-

1st Place:-
Spoilt-Spoiler (Click to View)
2nd Place
3rd Place:- 
130W2D Spoilt-Spoiler (Click to View)
4th Place 
Autumn Experimental BST
15 October 2016 - London, UK - BST Format

The Results

1st  - @[philo1114]
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Jeir Jormungand Heavy Accel

2nd - @[Basedsamuraij]
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Orbit
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Revolve
Victory Valkyrie Spread Needle
Valkyrie Gravity Revolve

3rd  - @[Syphon]
Valkyrie Heavy Accel

One of the forsaken tournaments, the DHR above was the true Forbidden One. J2HA was a slight troll combo was well.
Basedsamuraij restored some of London's faith in D2 combos, especially D2GO. He used a much wider range of combos than others and used them well.
Syphon just did the thing. No Xcalibur tho

Done with 2K16
3 December 2016 - London, UK - BST Format

The Results

1st  - Manicben
Valkyrie Knuckle Trans
Xcalibur Heavy Revolve

2nd - @[Graverobber216]
Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Hold
Victory Valkyrie Gravity Hold
Dark Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Dark Deathscyther Heavy Needle
Driger S Heavy Extreme

3rd  - @[Balance Blader]
Dark Deathscyther Heavy Defense

Our last tournament of 2016, crazy matches were had.
I went in with only 2 combos, VKT (very successful) and DHR. Used XHR in finals as troll, ended up winning.
Graverobber216 was the dark horse this time. With Basedsamuraij's expertise, he quickly went from beginner to 2nd. Hold was a over used part this time, with some success...
Balance Blader did his thing, now back in his groove. Went 7-0 initially, then got rekt in finals. RIP mate.
It's um Jail Jormungand
Very cool! Thanks for sharing @[Manicben].

Can you talk more about your play with VKT? What did you end up using it against?

How did Hold play out precisely for Graverobber216? What did the two combos beat? I've tested with it a little bit and find it to be a cool part, but find that it's prone to self-KOing unless you're careful with your launch.

And what did DGHX do well against?
Kei Wrote:Can you talk more about your play with VKT? What did you end up using it against?

Used it against many combos, ranging from DHR to V2HX and so on. Trans offers a lot of versatility. Up against DHR? Go stamina mode for reliable Burst finishes or attack for KOs (which I admit I'm not great at). Up against attack? Go attack mode and avoid hits like mobile defence.
I guess Knuckle was useful since I finally noticed it reducing the times VKT bursted. The myth has been proven to us Londoners, we all thought it was a NA thing lol.

Quote:
How did Hold play out precisely for Graverobber216? What did the two combos beat? I've tested with it a little bit and find it to be a cool part, but find that it's prone to self-KOing unless you're careful with your launch.

Was very successful against stamina combos and some others. It just brute forces KOs. Indeed self KOs happened often, but @[Syphon] and Graverobber216 managed to tame the beast. I could say with confidence that Syphon may have only self KO'd once or twice, if not none at all.

Quote:
And what did DGHX do well against?
Well, I can't remember exactly which combos it was used against, but I remember seeing it used maybe 2 or 3 times. It certainly did well against stamina and could easily KO when launched correctly. Maybe @[Basedsamuraij] remembers the matchups better than me.
Either way, Graverobber216 certainly did well for a first timer and used pure attack very well.
(Dec. 31, 2016  4:11 AM)Kei Wrote: And what did DGHX do well against?

I had a clip of that match recorded. It was DgHX v I2KU. There were a few miss shoots but DgHX KO'd I2 for the win. Driger can dish out some solid hits and resists burst quite well.
Baltimore Bumper Bite!
Saturday, January 7, 2017

Limited
1st Place - Sniper
MF-H Meteo L-Drago 90RF
MF-H Bakushin Leone 85RF
Meteo L-Drago F230GCF
Meteo L-Drago 90EWD
Gravity Perseus (Atk) GB145MF
MF-H Gravity Perseus (Atk) S130GCF
MF-L Earth Cancer 230D
Deck: MF-H Bakushin 85RF, Meteo L-Drago II F230GCF, Gravity Perseus (Atk) GB145MF

2nd Place - geetster99
MF-F Burn Cancer 85MF
MF-L Duo Cancer 230MB
MF-L Duo Aquario 230MB
Gravity Perseus F230GCF
MF-H Meteo L-Drago 90RF
Deck: MF-F Burn Cancer 85MF, MF-L Duo Aquario 230MB, Gravity Perseus F230GCF

3rd Place - OnTheDL
MF-F Burn Cancer 85MF
MF-L Duo Cancer 230MB
MF-L Duo Aquario 230MB
Gravity Perseus F230GCF
MF-H Meteo L-Drago 90RF
Scythe Cancer AD145WD
Deck (vs Wombat): MF-F Burn Cancer 85MF, MF-L Duo Aquario 230MB, Gravity Perseus F230GCF
Deck (vs geetster99): MF-H Meteo L-Drago 90RF, Scythe Cancer AD145WD,

Meteo somehow continuing to be the dominant Attacker in MD lol. Despite its light weight, it's actually got a surprising amount of Smash Attack - beymaster15963 managed to KO my Escolpio combo through a weak launch with Meteo F230 once. Gravity saw some use, but it wasn't terribly overcentralizing and certainly didn't feel overpowered to me - Gravity F230GCF got took out by a few Burn Stallers and Earth/Meteo LTSC, I beat Gravity S130GCF with my Bakushin LTDC, and Gravity RB actually got drestoryed by a Rpck 145D. Yes, it had some success too, but no more success than a bunch of other, different things.

Deck Format for Limited was interesting. I was the only one at the tournament who was familiar with the rules, so I had to explain them to the other finalists. It was difficult for geetster99 and OnTheDL to have their match - geetster only brought a handful of combos, and had to scrape together a few other combos for OnTheDL. There were also a few complaints about how Deck Format seemed unfair towards players who didn't know how all the combos worked as they would just choose a combo and their opponent could see that and easily counter it... I still think that the switching process would benefit from some form of uncertainty when Bladers select their next Beyblade.

Both of my decks were designed to counter my opponents' predicted decks (I thought Sniper would use Burn 100MF/Bakushin 85R2F/LRF/Meteo 90RF and that geetster/OnTheDL would be using Duo 230MB/Burn 85MF/LLD CH120RF) and was mostly correct, but after seeing Sniper use Gravity GB145MF so much in the tournament, I really should have expected it to be in his deck. Most of my losses were due to bad stall predictions with LLD rather than poor Deck construction - I kept picking the wrong side to launch on and couldn't stall well enough with RF to catch up to Sniper and OnTheDL's Metal Flat combos. Probably gave up about 6 or 7 points rematching Burn/Gravy MF with Lightning trying to get it right beyhaha.

Burst
1st Place - BimoSuryo
Kaiser Kerbeus Polish Orbit
Odin Wing Press
Evil-eye Heavy Defense
Holy Horusood Infinity Weight
Beast Behemoth Wing Xtreme
Deck (vs Yami): K2PO, H2IW, B2WX
Deck (vs Wombat): K2PO, OWP, XAB

2nd Place - Wombat
Lost Longinus Spread Hold
Odin Heavy Blow
Odin Heavy Defense
Wyvern Spread Revolve
Minoboros Knuckle Xtreme
Valkyrie Armed Yielding
Unicorn Knuckle Orbit
Valkyrie Magnum Xtreme
Dark Deathscyther Upper Orbit
Neptune Knuckle Revolve
Valkyrie Spread Trans
Deck: MKX, VST, D2UO

3rd Place - geetster99
Valtyrek V2 Knuckle Variable
Valkyrie Armed Yielding
Deathscyther Knuckle Yielding
Deathscyther Gravity Revolve
Deck: DGR, VAY, V2KV

The only Burst Beyblade BimoSuryo had was Wyvron Armed Massive, so he was mainly borrowing parts from myself, Yami, and Reeceroosters13. He used K2PO for most of his matches in the preliminary round robin, though he used EHD once or twice. Somehow only my UKO and Yami's L2_R were able to get around K2PO. The others were just kinda throwaway Beyblades he put in his Deck for the finals, I was too busy beating geetster to know which ones (if any) he used against Yami besides K2PO, and he never used XAB against me. I hadn't really tested Polish seriously before - since Layer-to-Disk contact is rare, the POM on the Disk doesn't actually serve its intended use of making hits "slide off", and with how low to the ground and wide it is I thought it would have issues with scraping. It might be worth taking a closer look at it however. Geetster's use of Valtyrek V2 was also interesting. I know Kei has used VKV before, but from what I could tell the Hasbro V2 seemed pretty solid as well - it hardly ever bursted even on a super worn Variable, and geetster used it in most of his matches in the round robin and went 5-3. As for my Deck, it wasn't really a cohesive team as much as it was 3 super versatile and independent Beyblades. The entire idea behind it was making sure the opponent couldn't counterpick me, as VST, MKX, and D2UO all have a reasonable chance of beating anything you throw at them.

Sniper, Yami and I were the only ones who had Lost Longinus at the time of the tournament, and we put it to use pretty well - Sniper mainly used it as a KO Attack combo with varying success, while Yami used it on Knuckle Revolve, though he might have changed to Spread or Ring after Knuckle got outspun a few times. Sniper used L2KR as well, but I was able to shut that down 3-0 using Wyvern Spread Revolve (Spread has the LAD, and I chose Wyvern since that resists KOs better than Neptune or Deathscyther and I knew there was a possibility he would use Xcalibur/X2/L2 Xtreme). I used L2 Spread Hold once and 3-0ed Yami's Odin Knuckle Orbit, and I really like the combo, but it's really picky on what it wants to outspin consistently - I can get it to OS right spin Orbit and Spread Survive for example, while _SR and _HD setups are usually a toss up depending on how much L2 can destabilize the opponent early in the match. But for whatever reason, I can't get it to beat Vertical Gyro. Perfect balance L2SH with a super free-spinning Hold sounds scary.
(Jan. 08, 2017  5:18 AM)Wombat Wrote: 4th Place - Wombat (I didn't place but I'm listing these anyways bc I had great combos & I'm salty that I normally wouldn't be able to share them)
MF-L Scythe Escolpio W105MF

If you used this, you're a winner in my heart.
(Jan. 08, 2017  7:51 AM)Angry Face Wrote: If you used this, you're a winner in my heart.

Why? Is this combo close to you?
Few questions on LTD (aka my fev format)
1.  @[Sniper] Did you (or anyone else who used) faced any 230 with Bakushin RF? If yes how Bakushin did. I'm not expecting it to dominate all 230s [lol] but atleast was it able to do any damage at all to those Duos and Earth?
2.  Why GB145 on Gravity MF?
3.  @[Wombat] Escorpio lol? and how Bandid Pegasis did?

Some on BST.
1. Wombat, how easy it was to control L2SH? and how easily you was able to KO stuff with it
2. Wombat, did MKX faced any Wyvern and if yes how it did against it?
3. Wombat why Upper on D2?
@[BimoSuryo] how B2_X did for you?
iirc bakushin loses. GB145 had better balance for when getting hit and moving back than S130. MF for super speed
Bring on 2K17
7 January 2017 - London, UK - BST Format

The Results

1st  - @[Haramblader]
Odin Gravity Claw
Victory Valkyrie Heavy Needle

Deck:
DHR - OGC - V2KN

2nd - @[Balance Blader]
Lost Longinus Knuckle Xtreme
Deathscyther Armed Blow

Deck: DHR - OGD - L2KX

3rd  - @[~Mana~]
Xcalibur Knuckle Needle
Dark Deathscyther Heavy Orbit
Spriggan Oval Quake

Deck: XKN - D2HO - SOQ

Our first tournament of 2017, again crazy matches were had.

Dark Horse of the tournament Haramblader came out on top.
OGC was an interesting choice, but it luckily managed to KO DHR, gattyaki style.

L2KX was a crazy KO attacker. I lost to it in the finals 6-0...
DAB, nuff said.

XKN is a suitable burst attacker with performance similar to VKN/VSN.
SOQ, but of course. Won twice, no joke.

#TeamOvalQuake
UK leading the way with weird combos as usual. What did DAB and SOQ win against? L2KX surprises me considering it has two protrusions in left spin and they're tiny.

@[Manicben]
REBIRTH OF A NEW BEY YEAR
1/14/17
-
~ Winning Combinations ~

1st Place: DWiz
MF Phantom Orion B: D
MF Flash Sagittario 230WD
Jade Jupiter GB145MB

Deck:
(same as Winning Combinations)

2nd Place: griffen
Gargoyle Salamander ED145WD
Reviser Behemoth GB145SB
Kraken Golem SA165TB

Deck:
(same as Winning Combinations)

3rd Place: Brisk AquarioHD
Duo Aquario B: D
MSF-H Dragooon Genbu SA165SWD
MSF-H Dragoon Balro GB145RF
Duo Aquario BD145RDF
Death Kerbecs S130CS

Deck:
Duo Aquario BD145RDF
Death Kerbecs S130CS
MSF-H Dragooon Genbu SA165SWD
Your community has really new and interesting combos Smile

@[DWiz] How did you manage to win with stock Beyblades

@[Griffen]How did Revizer Behemoth GB145SB performed?
@[Brisk AquarioHD]
How did Death Kerbecs S130CS performed?
(Jan. 09, 2017  11:24 PM)Ultra Wrote: UK leading the way with weird combos as usual. What did DAB and SOQ win against?

Not sure about DAB, but SOQ managed wins over VKT and D2GO, if I remember correctly. I still quite enjoy using the combo, but it's horribly risky if you don't launch it properly, haha.
(Jan. 15, 2017  9:32 AM)Ninja Blader Wrote: Your community has really new and interesting combos Smile

@[DWiz] How did you manage to win with stock Beyblades

@[Griffen]How did Revizer Behemoth GB145SB performed?
@[Brisk AquarioHD]
How did Death Kerbecs S130CS performed?
Oh yeah, definitely.
I don't think he'll reply but it was just simply that he overused Phantom Orion and he had the advantage especially since he used B: D and outspun most of his opponents. If we had extra B Grins, we would've had a chance but we had to make alternative combos. I outlasted his PO with Duo Aquario BD145RDF but lost in the next two rounds I believe. I had terrible luck with my attack custom, I was launching too hard and it kept KOing itself so I had to manage to change my launching stance by tilting it towards one of the walls and launching moderately.
Griffen's combos were pretty good nevertheless. His Golem custom had lots of recoil, which sent Stamina/Defense customs out of the stadium. His disavantage was being outspun and his Behemoth custom wasn't used as much his Golem custom. I don't remember much but it did good.
I only used Death Kerbecs for the Deck format and it wasn't as good. I was in a rush just trying to make a combo that didn't have repeated parts lol.
New Year's Revolutions - 1/14/17
Roanoke, Virginia, USA - Club Format Burst (RR Deck)

1st: Morkad
Victory Valkyrie Triple Xtreme
Dark Deathscyther Heavy Gyro

2nd: Victor Cruz
Storm Spriggan Knuckle Unite
Psychic Phantom Boost Orbit

3rd: Angry Face
Dark Deathscyther Spread Orbit
Valtryek Heavy Accel
Odin Ring Revolve

Honorable mention: kayliana
Valkyrie Triple Xtreme
Odin Heavy Defense
(Jan. 17, 2017  8:04 AM)Angry Face Wrote: 3rd: Angry Face
Dark Deathscyther Spread Orbit
Valtryek Heavy DA-01
Odin Ring Revolve

Please include the original Driver name when posting Winning Combinations haha. Thanks! The Layer name already indicates that the player is using Hasbro parts, so it'll be easier to decipher in our archive when we get around to updating it if the Drivers use the original names (which Hasbro uses in some places anyways).
Not sure if this was posted yet. I take all the fault for not posting it sooner. I've been AWAL on here lately focusing on work and school. It won't happen again.

Return of the White Tiger: November 19th 2016
1st: @[Alta]-Wyvern Ring Revolve (this might be Gyro, so please correct me if I'm wrong)
2nd:ThaKingTai-Dark Deathscyther Down Revolve
3rd: @[Bucca291]-(STOCK)Spriggan Heavy Defense

Bucca was a newcomer, so it was a massive and welcome surprise having someone come to their first tournament and breaking into top three.

EDIT: I'll try and post the combos for the last Plastics tournament, but I need to look up the parts for my combo and get the combos from the other competitors.
[Toronto, ON - 1/14/17] BEYBLADE SHOGATSU 2017
Burst Format [BST]

1st: @[JesseObre]
Deathscyther Heavy Defense
Minoboros Knuckle Zephyr
Odin Heavy Revolve
Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Deathscyther Gravity Revolve (Deck Format Finals Only)
Wyvern Heavy Defense (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: @[✱]
Odin Heavy Revolve
Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Accel (Deck Format Finals Only)
Deathscyther Spread Orbit (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: Kei
Deathscyther Infinity Revolve
Odin Gravity Revolve
Dark Deathscyther Spread Defense
Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve (Deck Format Finals Only)
Odin Gravity Defense (Deck Format Finals Only)
Valkyrie Knuckle Trans (Deck Format Finals Only)

Posting for 1234beyblade because I couldn't wait any longer to talk about this event with the context provided by the above list haha. Here are my impressions from the tournament:

Tournaments are always interesting when you have groups of new players participating. This event was hosted at a convention, so we had a handful of new players and the uncertainty that brings can really throw some people off; in some ways, playing against new opponents is even more difficult than those that you know are skilled for sure. They weren't necessarily consistent, but it was fun to see some of the new players find some success with less common Layers like Storm Spryzen and Inferno Ifrit against things like D2. It was a good reminder to be wary of situations like that. There might be one combo that's "safe" against the more commonly used competitive Layers like D2 is against many things, but sometimes there's weaknesses we might not even recognize because of the unpopularity of a particular part for whatever reason. And of course, it is often new players who don't necessarily have that bias towards the most "competitive" parts that are able to bring this to our attention. We'll probably see more of this moving forward now that Burst has launched internationally.

This is the second tournament in Toronto where Odin has been unbanned, and as  you can see from the winning combos list, Odin is beginning to play an even bigger role now than it did during WELCOME TO A&C GAMES last month. ✱ went 5-2 in the Group Stage using only Odin Heavy Revolve. But there's a really interesting balance happening right now between Deathscyther, Wyvern, Dark Deathscyther, and Odin in our metagame. Each offers its own set of strengths and weaknesses in comparison to the others.

I ended up going 6-1 in the Group Stage, with my only loss being to pyrus10000 3-2 (MKZ vs DIR). JesseObre went 6-1 in my group as well, and 1234beyblade–who ended in 4th Place–went 7-0 in the other group. ✱ and I were paired against each other in the first round of the Deck Format Finals and I ended up astonishingly getting crushed by his OHR even though I had DIR in my Deck ... I believe in terms of the OHR vs. DIR match-up it was 1 OS for DIR, maybe 2 OS for OHR (some of these were debatable), and 1 BF for OHR. In any case, as frustrating as that was, I should have known better and picked an Attack type for my deck that would counter OHR better, like Victory Valkyrie ... especially considering I sold him the Odin earlier that day LOL.

You might be wondering about Infinity: I've actually been using this for a couple tournaments now and have found a lot of success with it. I’ve just found myself just outside of the top three each time, unfortunately. My record since Hey, Bursts Guys on November 26th, 2016 with it in the first/group stage of events:

vs. DHY (Mitsu): Win 3-2
vs. D2?O (Naru Blader): Win 3-0
vs. MKZ (pyrus10000): Win 3-2
vs. DSD (JesseObre): Win 3-2
vs. WHR (LMAO): Win 3-0
vs. MKZ (pyrus10000): Lose 3-2
Record: 5-1

I really like its ability to rotate after having fallen over; I feel like it's even better than Spread at this perhaps due to the fine, sharp edges around its perimeter. However, maybe it ultimately isn't as good as Heavy or Gravity because JesseObre was able to pull out the victory with DGR against ✱’s OHR throughout the final battle. Still, in both cases Jesse and I were using the Speed BeyLauncher while ✱ was not, so both his OHR and launch were impressive.

Also worth noting is that in none of the above listed battles did I play against Deathscyther on Revolve or Odin on Revolve, which are arguably the best Beyblades in terms of Stamina in the game. I also used DIR once against Jesse’s DSR in the finals of WELCOME TO A&C GAMES last month and was bursted … so perhaps it’s more prone to bursting too. Small sample size of course, but that’s my experience with it so far. I’ll have to do more testing to decide whether I want to continue using it, but my goal from the onset was to try and do something that would differentiate me from my competition, and hopefully generate an advantage while still remaining within the realm of competitively proven customizations. I felt that Infinity had been overlooked a bit since release, so it was a good candidate to experiment and surprise people with. Would be great if more people would give it a shot!

After losing to ✱ which was frankly quite frustrating after having lost both of my Deck Format Final battles the previous month (our new finals format really is simultaneously forgiving due to Deck Format while also being unforgiving due to the Single Elimination format; I love how this contrast has played out) at the  and putting so much thought into how to properly approach Deck Format, I was paired with 1234beyblade for the 3rd Place battle, who is always incredibly tough to play against. I opened aggressive with VKT and thankfully was able to KO his WHR for an early 2-0 lead and then didn’t look back from there, eventually narrowly winning the battle by a score of 5-3 after some close calls at the end with my OHD against his Victory Valkyrie, which I had not expected to see. In any case, I was relieved haha.

Can't wait for WELCOME TO A&C GAMES II this weekend!
(Jan. 08, 2017  12:53 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: 3.  @[Wombat] Escorpio lol? and how Bandid Pegasis did?

Some on BST.
1. Wombat, how easy it was to control L2SH? and how easily you was able to KO stuff with it
2. Wombat, did MKX faced any Wyvern and if yes how it did against it?
3. Wombat why Upper on D2?

Escolpio is kinda like a Limited Death, From my testing MF-L Escolpio LW105EWD can outspin pretty much any left-spin opponent consistently, even Meteo LTSC (though I only have 1 EWD so it's kind of difficult to test that). I used Bandid Pegasis against Yami because I was expecting him to use his Earth HTSC, but he used MF-H Pegasis LW160RF instead, and Bandid managed to win a particularly lit attack vs attack battle.

With the way I launched it, it wasn't difficult to control L2SH. I Sliding Shot it in the center of the stadium at about 10/20% power in order to make maximum contact with the opponent. I only used it for one match against Yami's Odin Kunckle Orbit, and actually didn't KO it once, winning 3-0 with one OS and 2 bursts. I wish I could have used the Revolve variant as well, but I think Hold is a lot more versatile at the cost of not outspinning as much things - L2SH can play Attack (kinda), Mobile Defense, and Stamina via spin-equalization, and I would expect it to shut down V_T almost 100% of the time. Revolve really only has the Weak Launch + Sliding Shoot in its arsenal.

I never faced a Wyvern combo using MKX, but I did recall that Kei has experienced problems against Wyvern using MKZ. As Wyvern and D2 is more geared towards KO Defense than something like Neptune, which resists bursting more, I stuck Minoboros on Xtreme to give it the KOing power to deal with Wyvern/D2 which Zephyr lacks. From my experience MK/SX (Spread was already on my VST) is more of an Anti-Attack combo than pure Attack - while it might not be as effective at KOing or bursting things as V2 or Valkyrie respectively, it plays very well against opposing Attack types. I used it for the majority of my Deck match with geetster99 to deal with his VAY and V2KV.

I would say I used Upper to help D2 destabilize better, but I'm not really sure if that's true haha. If anything, I would say it's a nice balance between Gravity's Stamina and Armed's Burst Defense, and it looks pretty.

(Jan. 18, 2017  3:32 AM)ThaKingTai Wrote: 2nd:ThaKingTai-Dark Deathscyther Down Revolve

Literally I should be the last person to ever question others on their Disk choices, but: was there any particular reason you used Down, Tai?

(Jan. 25, 2017  3:59 AM)Kei Wrote: I ended up going 6-1 in the Group Stage, with my only loss being to pyrus10000 3-2 (MKZ vs DIR). JesseObre went 6-1 in my group as well, and 1234beyblade–who ended in 4th Place–went 7-0 in the other group. ✱ and I were paired against each other in the first round of the Deck Format Finals and I ended up astonishingly getting crushed by his OHR even though I had DIR in my Deck ... I believe in terms of the OHR vs. DIR match-up it was 1 OS for DIR, maybe 2 OS for OHR (some of these were debatable), and 1 BF for OHR. In any case, as frustrating as that was, I should have known better and picked an Attack type for my deck that would counter OHR better, like Victory Valkyrie ... especially considering I sold him the Odin earlier that day LOL.

You might be wondering about Infinity: I've actually been using this for a couple tournaments now and have found a lot of success with it. I’ve just found myself just outside of the top three each time, unfortunately. My record since Hey, Bursts Guys on November 26th, 2016 with it in the first/group stage of events:

vs. DHY (Mitsu): Win 3-2
vs. D2?O (Naru Blader): Win 3-0
vs. MKZ (pyrus10000): Win 3-2
vs. DSD (JesseObre): Win 3-2
vs. WHR (LMAO): Win 3-0
vs. MKZ (pyrus10000): Lose 3-2
Record: 5-1

I really like its ability to rotate after having fallen over; I feel like it's even better than Spread at this perhaps due to the fine, sharp edges around its perimeter. However, maybe it ultimately isn't as good as Heavy or Gravity because JesseObre was able to pull out the victory with DGR against ✱’s OHR throughout the final battle. Still, in both cases Jesse and I were using the Speed BeyLauncher while ✱ was not, so both his OHR and launch were impressive.

Also worth noting is that in none of the above listed battles did I play against Deathscyther on Revolve or Odin on Revolve, which are arguably the best Beyblades in terms of Stamina in the game. I also used DIR once against Jesse’s DSR in the finals of WELCOME TO A&C GAMES last month and was bursted … so perhaps it’s more prone to bursting too. Small sample size of course, but that’s my experience with it so far. I’ll have to do more testing to decide whether I want to continue using it, but my goal from the onset was to try and do something that would differentiate me from my competition, and hopefully generate an advantage while still remaining within the realm of competitively proven customizations. I felt that Infinity had been overlooked a bit since release, so it was a good candidate to experiment and surprise people with. Would be great if more people would give it a shot!

Your results of Infinity sound more or less the same as mine, haha. I've found it to be basically Ring - it has the Life After Death and can outspin Heavy but bursts more often than it due to the Outward Weight Distribution. Didn't get a chance to try it against Gravity or Ring itself before I had to go back to school, but from your post it seems to have less Stamina than Gravity as well (so again, basically Ring). If Stalling ever becomes a prominent strategy again (which it might not until TT makes a Metal Flat Driver since D2 seems to be getting phazed out of the meta) it would be interesting to try Infinity on a Tornado Staller.

(Jan. 08, 2017  7:51 AM)Angry Face Wrote: If you used this, you're a winner in my heart.

finally

i have become someboD2 you
You can now view the winning combos as well as other results for my Birthday Bash tournament (way back in October, sorry it took so long!).

Burst Exp: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Limited: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing