BEYBLADE SHOGATSU 2017

Toronto, Ontario
1st
2nd
3rd
Tournament Results
The Michener Institute
222 St Patrick St
  We will be playing in the Lounge 101 Room.
12:00PM on 01/14/2017
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
15 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Join us on Saturday, January 14th, 2017 for a Toronto Beyblade Burst Tournament downtown at Anime Shogatsu! Last year we hosted a great event at the first edition of this new anime convention in Toronto, and since they're back again this year ... so are we!

Please be sure to arrive ON TIME for this tournament. We will finish registration at 12:30PM and will begin the tournament immediately. If you think you're going to be a little bit late, let me know and we may be able to work something out. Thank you!

If you can make it, please hit the blue JOIN TOURNAMENT button at the top of this page! See you all there!

The exact room we will be hosting the event at inside of the The Michener Institute at the convention is still to be determined. As soon as we know, we will update the thread and let everyone know.

Anime Shogatsu Membership Required
Please note that to enter the convention and gain access to our event, a membership for Anime Shogatsu 2017 is required ($15). Purchase your Anime Shogatsu 2017 membership online here. Memberships are also available at the door, but we recommend purchasing online ahead of time.

Because this event is at a convention, the regular WBO entry fee will not apply.

What is Beyblade Burst?
[Image: gnJ23kG.png]
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It launched in 2015 in Japan and Hasbro recently launched it in Canada in September 2016. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beyblade Wiki article covering it, the Beyblade General Forum, and the Beyblade Burst Hasbro Topic for the most up to date information about Hasbro's release of the series internationally.

No Bey? No Prob!
Don't have any Beyblades from this new series? No problem! We would be happy to lend a Beyblade and launcher to you to use for the duration of the event!

Side Notes
Please be aware of your belongings: We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time: If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread!

Not sure what to expect?
Check out this video from one of our previous Toronto Beyblade tournaments:

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Can't wait for this! Grin Was such a good time last year.

Here's my updated sale list, by the way:

Kei's Items For Sale at BEYBLADE SHOGATSU 2017
Sales are First Come, First Served, All Prices in Canadian Dollars

Click to View My For Sale List

I've added in a lot of new B-24 Random Booster Vol. 2, and among my existing stock I have BG-04 Gachapon Layers, B-63 Beast Behemoth, B-00 Dranzer S.S.T, B-61 Random Booster Vol.4, B-64 Beyblade Super Custom Set Heavy Ver., Customize Seal Collection Vol.2 Sticker Packs, and much more! I may end up not bringing everything to the convention, so if there is anything specific you want please let me know and I'll be sure to bring it.

I also am looking to buy or trade for any red Wyvern Layers from B-24. If you have one you can sell or trade, please PM me!
woah sicK banner wonder who made it

I'm there!
I'm not working! I'll be there! SO EXCITED
I think it's time to make my comeback, I'll be there.
Fine I will come over!
Same
Long time no spin

See you all there!
I really want to be in it but I don't have a BEYBLADE But I am get victory Valkyrie and I need more but I live in the U.S and my mom got me one I so can't wait to get it but I want to be in the tournament how can I sign up
(Jan. 08, 2017  11:58 PM)Sonic Blaster Wrote: I really want to be in it but I don't have a BEYBLADE But I am get victory Valkyrie and I need more but I live in the U.S and my mom got me one I so can't wait to get it but I want to be in the tournament how can I sign up

This tournament is in Toronto, Ontario, which is in Canada, not the United States. You can sign up at the top by hitting the 'Sign Up' button, but you also have to remember that you have to physically attend the event Smile

I do not think I will make it for Shogatsu this year! I want to study for the numerous exams that I have. Have fun, everybody! Smile
(Jan. 09, 2017  12:15 AM)Hato Wrote: I want to study for the numerous exams that I have.

this was what winter break was for my dude
Ok I come and my bro come thx
It looks soooo awesome I wish I could go!
fff

Man wish i could go... Sadly the beys have not reached my town yet.
(Jan. 12, 2017  10:34 PM)Ton Lunk Wrote: Man wish i could go... Sadly the beys have not reached my town yet.

Hey you know you can always borrow beyblades from us if ever needed since you have none. Plus its always good having new members into our big Toronto Community. Smile
(Jan. 02, 2017  5:46 AM)Kei Wrote:

Kei's Items For Sale at BEYBLADE SHOGATSU 2017
Sales are First Come, First Served, All Prices in Canadian Dollars

Click to View My For Sale List

Just a reminder to everyone that if there's anything specific you want from my sale list that you haven't already talked to me about, let me know and I'll be sure to bring it tomorrow! I will not be bringing everything on my list.

Can't wait for tomorrow! Smile
I'm so sad I couldn't come this morning. I was feeling super sick and felt it would be a bad idea if I pushed myself to go. I was really looking forward to playing, and I will eagerly await the results! I want to know what combos were prevalent today, especially.

I'm now so thirsty to play Beyblade that if I get this new job and they ask me to work the 29th I'm gonna say no. LOL
What an eventful day! Here's a preliminary wrap-up:

Rankings:
First Place: JesseObre
Second Place: ✱
Third Place: Kei

Room was tremendously cramped, this year they put us in the same room as the coat check, and so while the tournament was going on, we had frequent problems with people walking by too closely to bladers who were preparing to shoot, and the volume of moving people made it difficult for any bystanders not participating in the tournament to stick around and spectate.

Had the coat check not been in the same room, it would've been the perfect size. I also made things a bit more complicated by spilling my vanilla coke all over the floor at the beginning
[Image: c9PDxXc.jpg]

Can't believe nobody else besides * has posted yet! Cramped room aside, I had such a great time at this event! Really felt like it had been so long since our first A&C Games tournament less than a month ago. I was really happy to see a handful of new kids not only show up to play in the event, but seem so excited and passionate about Beyblade too. Thanks for coming @[DRose], @[Scorcher Julian], @[Hyunsu], @[monaco] (and @[ArmaanTO] for coming back after first attending at our last tournament)!

(Jan. 15, 2017  6:16 AM)✱ Wrote: Rankings:
First Place: JesseObre
Second Place: ✱
Third Place: Kei

Don't forget 1234beyblade in fourth place!

(Jan. 15, 2017  6:16 AM)✱ Wrote: Room was tremendously cramped, this year they put us in the same room as the coat check, and so while the tournament was going on, we had frequent problems with people walking by too closely to bladers who were preparing to shoot, and the volume of moving people made it difficult for any bystanders not participating in the tournament to stick around and spectate.

Had the coat check not been in the same room, it would've been the perfect size. I also made things a bit more complicated by spilling my vanilla coke all over the floor at the beginning

Yeah, we're definitely going to make sure that next year we ask for a larger room not only to make things easier for everyone playing and wanting to spectate, but for safety reasons too.

Our next tournament at A&C Games on January 29th is coming up soon. Hope to see you guys there!
Hey @[1234beyblade], can you please submit the results spreadsheet for this event by the end of this week? It has already been over 14 days, the amount of time specified in the Organizers' Guide for results submission.

Thank you! If you have any questions or if there's anything preventing you from doing it, please let us know.