Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Aug. 04, 2016  3:06 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Valkyrie on Metal Change, or a better version of Fusion or Unite, would be something scary.

I do still have love for Accel, though, but I didn't expect I would see it placing. How did it do for you?

It would be!

At HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 8 I beat VHX and DHO and lost to DHR (lost due to bad launches on my part) and NHR (perfect launches but self-bursted a couple times ... I think with this combo it might actually be beneficial to not launch 100% in situations like this).

At Beyblade GO Burst I used it once and beat DHD.

I mean, the reason it's so good is because it has a fighting chance against pretty much anything you throw at it. @[✱] has also used it a lot recently and has found success.
To add: obviously weak-launching stationary combos becomes anything but safe when you're using Accel.
Bursting Into the Future - 8/7/16
TORONTO, ON — BEYBLADE BURST FORMAT

1st: JesseObre
Neptune Heavy Revolve
Neptune Heavy Zephyr
Valkyrie Heavy Defense
Dark Deathscyther Heavy Defense
Deathscyther Heavy Defense

2nd: Mitsu
Deathscyther Heavy Orbit
Dark Deathscyther Heavy Defense
Dark Deathscyther Spread Defense
Valkyrie Heavy Revolve

3rd: Bey Brad
Deathscyther Knuckle Revolve
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Defense

TORONTO, ON — DECK ROTATION BURST FORMAT

1st: Bey Brad
Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme

2nd: 1234beyblade
Victory Valkyrie Gravity Zephyr
Deathscyther Spread Defense
Wyvern Heavy Revolve

3rd: Kei
Valkyrie Triple Xtreme
Valkyrie Triple Accel
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve

Outside of winning combos, attack was definitely used a lot more at Bursting Into the Future's Deck Rotation event which is why I'm such a big fan of it! Though risky, attack was definitely something I thought was an essential to have in a deck of three.

Defense is definitely having its fair share of use once again, especially on Dark Deathscyther as opposed to Orbit, likewise it did at our previous Burst event.
I'm all about that minimalist bey setup
(Jun. 13, 2016  12:25 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2016  3:23 PM)loyd87 Wrote: 3rd: loyd87
  • MF-H Sol Virgo 85BSF

Okay @[loyd87], I’ll bite. Please explain MF-H Sol Virgo 85BSF haha. Why Sol? What did you find success with it against?

I used it two times! first times I lose it because I faced a LTSC with Earth and is main weakness is same height in right spin. In base my combos is a balanced type and Sol is one of the heaviest remaining wheel usable in limited so its power could be considered competitive. it has an other main "weakness"(more tie then losing), Left spin but I win against a low track Meteo Ldrago spin stealer/stamina by three KO.

my new version of Sol(my first was MF-H Sol Aquario 85RSF) works better for agression and have more stamina too. great defense because of its weight. I changed Aquario for Virgo to add some inertia and stamina more than weight. and have a little slope for upper when it face a higher opponent and have less recoil then aquario.

this combination works especially well against Defense and stamina types. It could resist against a couple of attack type too. I specified that I used the Gold version of Sol.

sorry for my late reply! still be busy from a couple of month.

If guys have more question about it feel free to ask I will try to answer you as best I can hah!
(Aug. 11, 2016  3:23 AM)Mitsu Wrote: 3rd: Bey Brad

TORONTO, ON — DECK ROTATION BURST FORMAT

3rd: Kei
Valkyrie Triple Xtreme
Valkyrie Triple Accel
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve

Brad, how did you like Knuckle on Deathscyther Revolve? I definitely think it's more suited to Deathscyther in particular than Heavy or Gravity, but I'm not sure whether it's better than Spread.

Also, for Deck format, it would be useful to not only list the combinations used, but the decks they were all featured in as well. It's clear that Brad and 1234beyblade only used one deck the entire time, but Kei obviously changed things up a bit. My guess would be that DHR was always in his deck, and he swapped out the parts on the Valkyrie and D2 combos accordingly?

As Deck Formats are unranked, will they be included in the Winning Combos spreadsheet?

MAJOR EDIT: So I updated the Winning Combos spreadsheet for Burst and Limited (Didn't include the Deck Rotation or 2pt KO/Burst events). I used an online generator to make more of these graphs:

Deathscyther Knuckle Revolve is my go-to stamina-type. I guess I can't say definitively that it's better than Spread, but it feels right. (lol) Also, it makes sense to me that having the weight more concentrated towards the outside (Knuckle has gaps in the center and more metal on the outer edge) would help it stay upright longer during the end-match precession on Revolve.

But I really suck at physics. Am open to smarter minds.

Good points on the deck listing. We'll pay closer attention to that in the future.
Submitted our tournament results a couple weeks ago, but here are the winning combinations from Florida's Revival:

1st Place - Brisk AquarioHD
Balro Balro D125 RF
Girago Dragooon 100 RF
Genbull Dragooon BD145 MB

2nd Place - The Supreme One
Flash Pisces TR145 R2F
Duo Cancer W145 WD
Killerken Dragooon F230 GCF
Genbull Genbull 90 WD
Begirados Begirados D125 RF
Phantom Aquario 90 MF

3rd Place - Xenoblader
Fusion Hades _____ ____ (waiting on the full combination)
(Aug. 14, 2016  3:19 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Submitted our tournament results a couple weeks ago, but here are the winning combinations from Florida's Revival:

Balro Balro D125 RF
Girago Dragooon 100 RF

Flash Pisces TR145 R2F
Duo Cancer W145 WD
Genbull Genbull 90 WD
Phantom Aquario 90 MF

3rd Place - Xenoblader

I'm pretty sure Xeno was using the stock Fusion Hades. I might be wrong. Pinching_eyes_2
(Aug. 14, 2016  4:09 AM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: I'm pretty sure Xeno was using the stock Fusion Hades. I might be wrong. Pinching_eyes_2
That would make the most sense lol
I'll update the results—thanks! Smile
(Aug. 14, 2016  4:35 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2016  4:09 AM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: I'm pretty sure Xeno was using the stock Fusion Hades. I might be wrong. Pinching_eyes_2
That would make the most sense lol
I'll update the results—thanks! Smile

Haha yeah! I took a glance at it and noticed it was in magenta color and the parts were AD145 and SWD. I knew it was definitely the stock FH.

And no problem. Smile
(Aug. 14, 2016  3:19 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Submitted our tournament results a couple weeks ago, but here are the winning combinations from Florida's Revival:

Balro Balro D125 RF
Girago Dragooon 100 RF

Flash Pisces TR145 R2F
Duo Cancer W145 WD
Genbull Genbull 90 WD
Phantom Aquario 90 MF

3rd Place - Xenoblader

Great to see people still use Balro, Bigirados and good old Flash [haha Begirados is good for attack but i like it more for anti-attack like Begirados BD145RRF]

Brisk AquarioHD. Against what beys you used Genbu Dragoon BD145MB? to me it seems like Left-Spin Destablizer [like my Dragoon BD145BSF]
(Aug. 14, 2016  6:16 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:

Balro Balro D125 RF
Girago Dragooon 100 RF

Flash Pisces TR145 R2F
Duo Cancer W145 WD
Genbull Genbull 90 WD
Phantom Aquario 90 MF

3rd Place - Xenoblader

Great to see people still use Balro, Bigirados and good old Flash [haha Begirados is good for attack but i like it more for anti-attack like Begirados BD145RRF]

Brisk AquarioHD. Against what beys you used Genbu Dragoon BD145MB? to me it seems like Left-Spin Destablizer [like my Dragoon BD145BSF]

I only used it against TSO's Killerken Dragooon F230GCF.
East Coast Royale
Silver Spring, MD | August 20, 2016

Burst:
1st Place: *Ginga*
  • Valkyrie Triple Impact
  • Dark Deathscyther Knuckle Orbit
  • Neptune Knuckle Orbit
  • Neptune Knuckle Revolve
2nd Place: Yami
  • Kaiser Kerbeus Knuckle Defense
  • Jeir Jorgumand Knuckle Revolve
  • Dark Deathscyther Ring Orbit
3rd Place: Wombat
  • Valkyrie Spread Trans
  • Dark Deathscyther Upper Orbit
  • Neptune Knuckle Revolve
  • Valkyrie Armed Claw
  • Neptune Heavy Unite
  • Unicorn Ring Fusion

Limited
1st Place: Sniper
  • MF-H Meteo L-Drago 90RF
  • MF-H Bakushin Leone 90RF
  • MF-F Burn Cancer 85MF
  • MF-H Meteo L-Drago 90EWD
  • MF-H Lightning L-Drago CH120R2F
2nd Place: Time
  • MF-L Scythe Hades LW105MF
  • MF-L Scythe Hades LW105RF
  • MF-L Scythe Hades 230MB
  • Duo Cancer LW105WD
  • MF-L Scythe Hades TH170HF/S
  • Lightning L-Drago CH120CF
3rd Place: TheGrimRipper13
  • MF-L Scythe Hades 230MB
  • MF-L Flame Hades 230EDS
  • MF-H Lightning L-Drago 90RF
  • MF-L Scythe Hades LW105MF
  • Rpck Drestoryer T125XF

While I performed pretty terribly in Limited (the only time ever I didn't make the finals in a LTD tournament!), I do have to say that I wasn't disappointed in the combos the finalists used. The match when Time beat *Ginga*'s Bakushin LTDC with Scythe HF/S was probably the most "wombat" match I've ever judged haha.
Wow! So many questions and comments on this. Cool to see such variety. Where to begin ...

Burst
- Pretty shocking that nobody used Deathscyther at all in the top three. How did people counter Dark Deathscyther?
- Interesting that @[*Ginga*] and @[Wombat] used Neptune. JesseObre used it in our last tournament too I guess, but I can't really think of any situation now where it would really be the best choice given that both Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther destroy it. And its defense isn't incredible either.
- Is Ring good on Dark Deathscyther, Yami? It kind of fell out of use here in Toronto once people realized it made everything easier to burst (well, at least Deathscyther which everyone started using it on for some reason).
- Why Kaiser Kerbeus and Jeir Jorgumand, Yami? I would think that in every case Dark Deathscyther would be better and safer in basically every way. I haven't tested J2 that much though, so I'm curious what you think of it and why you chose it.
- How did Valkyrie Spread Trans fare for you, Wombat? What did you play against?
- Why Upper on Dark Deathscyther Orbit?!
- Unicorn Ring Fusion???

Limited
- As for Limited, I'm consistently amazed that @[Sniper] places with Meteo L Drago on RF ... I've never found it to be any good especially over Lightning or Dark Knight. Impressive!
- No Dark Knight at all? Gasp

(Aug. 13, 2016  12:23 AM)Wombat Wrote: Also, for Deck format, it would be useful to not only list the combinations used, but the decks they were all featured in as well. It's clear that Brad and 1234beyblade only used one deck the entire time, but Kei obviously changed things up a bit. My guess would be that DHR was always in his deck, and he swapped out the parts on the Valkyrie and D2 combos accordingly?

As Deck Formats are unranked, will they be included in the Winning Combos spreadsheet?

MAJOR EDIT: So I updated the Winning Combos spreadsheet for Burst and Limited (Didn't include the Deck Rotation or 2pt KO/Burst events). I used an online generator to make more of these graphs:

That would certainly be nice, but depending on the number of Beyblades someone uses, it can be hard to keep track of ... I wouldn't hold it against someone for not remembering the construction of their decks precisely at the end of an event. And you're right about my deck.

That's a good question. Maybe I'll add in a new sheet on the data archive for Deck Format events.

And thank you so much for updating the Burst and Limited sheets! I will get this added to the main archive soon.
Quick correction, I used Valkyrie Triple Impact iirc, not VMX.

I must say, I really enjoyed using Dark Deathscyther in this one. As for Neptune @[Kei], it was probably my memories from Beyblade North that puled me towards it. Not many people had D2 anyway, so that was not much of a problem.
(Aug. 21, 2016  8:09 AM)Kei Wrote: Wow! So many questions and comments on this. Cool to see such variety. Where to begin ...

Burst
- Pretty shocking that nobody used Deathscyther at all in the top three. How did people counter Dark Deathscyther?
- Interesting that @[*Ginga*] and @[Wombat] used Neptune. JesseObre used it in our last tournament too I guess, but I can't really think of any situation now where it would really be the best choice given that both Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther destroy it. And its defense isn't incredible either.
- How did Valkyrie Spread Trans fare for you, Wombat? What did you play against?
- Why Upper on Dark Deathscyther Orbit?!
- Unicorn Ring Fusion???

Limited
- As for Limited, I'm consistently amazed that @[Sniper] places with Meteo L Drago on RF ... I've never found it to be any good especially over Lightning or Dark Knight. Impressive!
- No Dark Knight at all? Gasp

Burst
- I still don't trust Deathscyther not to Burst enough to use it on a stationary combo. I considered pulling Deathscyther Spread Revolve in the finals a few times since in my testing at home it's the only Revolve combo D2 Orbit can't outspin (it beats Heavy and goes about 50/50 with Knuckle), but *Ginga* and Time scared me off it with VTI and VMX respectively. I don't know how other people countered it but I found that Valkyrie is pretty effective against the Orbit variant (Yami was faced with the decision of launching hard vs my Armed Claw Setup and risking the self KO or launching a bit weaker and risk getting Bursted). Valkyrie/V2 Xtreme KOs the Defense variant pretty easily for me as well, though even on Knuckle it gets Burst-Prioritied a good bit.

- I only used Neptune Knuckle Revolve for a safe win against Kerbeus Spread Survive, though the Unite combo was intended to be KO Defense - and it worked: I 3-0ed Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme with it. As for its Defense, I would say that while Wyvern has better KO Defense, Neptune has better Burst Defense, which is why I chose it over Wyvern on Disk/Driver setup as prone to Bursting as Heavy Unite. Given how Burst-based the meta still is and that Neptune has better Stamina than Wyvern I still think it's a viable option, though.

- Valkyrie Spread Trans was beymazing. I used it to beat RHO and D2HR, and then lost 2-3 to *Ginga*'s D2KO in the finals, but it was a very winnable matchup (messed up my Sliding Shoot in the last round). It's such a great combo because it can beat literally anything if you use it right, and it always has a backup plan for when you force your opponent to change tactics.

- Zoroaste had told me a while back that one of the Japanese members here had told him Japanese players had been using Boost and Upper on their D2 Destabilizers. I tried Boost then and didn't like it better than Gravity or Armed, but Upper seemed to be on the same level as those two. I know Dark_Mousy said that Heavy is best for it in his video (which makes sense because compact/high RPM/heavy weight stuff is generally really good for destabilizer types) but I have yet to try it myself.

- Yes!!! Believe it or not, due to its OWD Unicorn has about the same amount of Stamina as Neptune (From my testing slightly more, but it's a small enough difference that it might just be due to external variables), but the problem is that it's easier to Burst. Ring has the same problem, but for whatever reason Unicorn Ring doesn't burst nearly as much as Unicorn or Ring do on other combos. Plastic Change is actually not that bad of a Staller tip if you aren't worried about speed - while I haven't directly compared it to Accel or Zephyr I think the point in the middle might give it slightly more Stamina than them. It also catches the Tornado Ridge rather well and Bursts a lot less than you would think. Basically URF is just a combo where parts that normally suck randomly have good synergy together. For me, it outspins Deathscyther Heavy Defense about 50% of the time depending on which combo is launched first.

While I'm not Yami, after seeing it in action at this tournament I personally have a pretty low opinion of Jeir Jorgumand. It seems to Burst really easily and has awful Stamina. PidgeotWiz used J2 Heavy Claw and got KOed by Tech's Victory Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme, and I think it lost to a Spriggan Central Defense once too lol. It did get a few Bursts on Time's Neptune though so who knows. As for Kaiser Kerbeus vs Dark Deathscyther, I find K2 a lot more difficult to Burst and KO than D2, though the latter has better Stamina.

Limited
- Sniper has placed with weirder Attack types before (Divine, Wolf) lol. Meteo actually hits harder than you'd think, and I learned during an unofficial tournament last year that those teeth on the bottom give it a surprising amount of Smash too: it KOed my Bakushin combo to win 3-1. It actually beat TheGrimRipper13's Scythe 230MB by outspin during the Block round robin.

- *Ginga* used Dark Knight a few times, but Time was able to outrun it with his Scythe Staller and Tech and I were able to scare him off it by threatening Bakushin/Jade LTDC. It took a nosedive once he got to the finals too. EDIT: geetster used it a few times too, but Sniper took it out with his Bakushin combo in the block tiebreaker.
Quote:- Valkyrie Spread Trans was beymazing. I used it to beat RHO and D2HR, and then lost 2-3 to *Ginga*'s D2KO in the finals, but it was a very winnable matchup (messed up my Sliding Shoot in the last round). It's such a great combo because it can beat literally anything if you use it right, and it always has a backup plan for when you force your opponent to change tactics.

This is so great. Exactly as I had hoped.

Thanks so much for the in-depth analysis!
@[Wombat] Unless you know otherwise, TheGrimRipper only lost, didn't win with Flame Hades 230 EDS and Rock Destroyer T125 XF and I also don't think I ever won with Scythe Hades 230MB.
OWD?

Other thoughts: I ran straight through Round Robin play to 6-0 record using Neptune Gravity Revolve after my yielding got damaged so Neptune definitely is still useful. Although, once I got to finals I went 0-3.

I used Scythe RF over my typical MF staller against Ginga, so I didn't quite just outrun him, I stonewalled him.

On J2: Its got some interesting DEMSesque slopes, if I end up getting one I'll be very curious to try it on a staller.

I absolutelty adore Lightning L Drago CH120 CF, its kind of the reverse of Sniper's Meteo attack, taking an attack wheel and putting it on a spin stealings setup while he takes a spin stealing wheel and puts it on an attack setup.

Trans looks like it's going to be a force to be reckoned with.

#unbangravity to make the ultimate options combo: gravity th170 hf/s #trollololololololooool
Time Wrote:OWD?

Outward weight distribution, I believe?
(Aug. 22, 2016  4:00 PM)Time Wrote: @[Wombat] Unless you know otherwise, TheGrimRipper only lost, didn't win with Flame Hades 230 EDS and Rock Destroyer T125 XF and I also don't think I ever won with Scythe Hades 230MB.

Other thoughts: I ran straight through Round Robin play to 6-0 record using Neptune Gravity Revolve after my yielding got damaged so Neptune definitely is still useful. Although, once I got to finals I went 0-3.

After Limited had ended those are what he told me, so I was just going by what he said. Either way he used them to place so they should be included on the list. When I asked you later via text you told me Earth Cancer 230MB, but I figured you meant Scythe Hades because I remember seeing you using that (Ginga was the one who used Earth).

As for Neptune, it still has a chance against (Dark) Deathscyther if your launch is stronger enough than your opponent's. Remember, at AN Time outspun Valentin's Deathscyther Revolve with Neptune Revolve and I outspun ANTim's Dark Deathscyther Gravity Orbit with Neptune Knuckle Revolve.

(Aug. 22, 2016  5:10 PM)Mitsu Wrote:
Time Wrote:OWD?

Outward weight distribution, I believe?

That's correct. Probably should have specified, but I thought the acronym was used widely enough that most people here would know what it meant.
(Aug. 22, 2016  9:23 PM)Wombat Wrote: That's correct. Probably should have specified, but I thought the acronym was used widely enough that most people here would know what it meant.

We're seeing more new and returning players, so keeping the language accessible is helpful Wink

Also, most of these abbreviations started during the high-points of MFB, which many people missed!
Wow seems like it was an beymazing tourney!

I have some questions and thought about those combos, especially LTD

Burst:-
How easy/hard it was to control Vakyrie Spread Trans? and does it skip Tornado Ridge?

LTD:-
I have no prob beliving Lighting L-Drago CH120R2F and Bakushin Leone 85RF those are great combos.
Which mode HF/S was on MF-L Sythe Hades TH170HF/S and how it worked?
How Lighting L-Drago CH120CF worked? was it like myh Spiral Cancer CH120CF's opposite lol? Using acceleration of CF to counter opposite attack and using height change to KO/OS 230?
(Aug. 23, 2016  12:15 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Burst:-
How easy/hard it was to control Vakyrie Spread Trans? and does it skip Tornado Ridge?

I'm going to reply more to everyone and post more thoughts on Trans once the winning combos for the latest Toronto event are posted, but I can tell you that Trans does skip the Tornado Ridge. But that only really happens when you try to stall with it at full power.
Bey Blades Burst Tournament- Burst Format
Sunday, August 21st, 2016 | Toronto, Ontario

1st JesseObre

Deathsycther Heavy Defense
Valkyrie Heavy Defense

2nd Hato

Valkryie Heavy Accel
DeathScyther Heavy Orbit
Dark DeathScyther Heavy Defense

3rd Kei

Valkyrie Knuckle Trans