Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

I really think we need to stop talking about good mould vs. bad mould. A mould is the spec for the item. All Revolves are produced with the same mould, but there's obviously too much tolerance in the manufacturing process itself.
(Jul. 18, 2016  3:11 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I really think we need to stop talking about good mould vs. bad mould. A mould is the spec for the item. All Revolves are produced with the same mould, but there's obviously too much tolerance in the manufacturing process itself.

I agree, except that I use "mould" because I do not want to necessarily explain everytime "do you have a kind of Revolve whose disk spins very freely". I am not sure "good kind" would be as effective an expression.
(Jul. 18, 2016  3:09 AM)ThaKingTai Wrote: Do you guys mind if I post JoJo's combo? She was the one that would have come in fourth and actually had to battle earthwolf1404 in a tiebreaker to get to finals.

Go for it. I just wouldn't put the event name like you did for the actual Winning Combinations post; don't want to confuse people since this thread is generally reserved for the combos in the top three of any given event. If you want to just mention and talk about them, that's fine!
The revolve trick involves launching it on a carpet or whatever, and after the sides of the inner sharp tip get kinda worn you want to clean it like you would an F230, with water and soap, after you dry it, it should be significantly better.
(Jul. 18, 2016  3:33 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2016  3:09 AM)ThaKingTai Wrote: Do you guys mind if I post JoJo's combo? She was the one that would have come in fourth and actually had to battle earthwolf1404 in a tiebreaker to get to finals.

Go for it. I just wouldn't put the event name like you did for the actual Winning Combinations post; don't want to confuse people since this thread is generally reserved for the combos in the top three of any given event. If you want to just mention and talk about them, that's fine!

Okay, I just wanted to mention that she used Deathscyther Ring Revolve, since the difference between her making it and not making it was the tiebreaker.
Yeah, my Revolve works very well.
Plastic Tactic II [Montréal, QC, Canada] - July 23rd 2016

1st place - MissingNo.
10b Bistool

Attack Ring: Tiger Defenser
Weight Disk: Eight Heavy
Blade Base: Defense Grip Base 2
Spin Gear: Customize Bearing Base (Double Bearing)
Shaft: Wolborg 2

2nd place - ridbladebreaker
Attack Ring: Smash Turtle
Weight Disk: Ten Wide
Spin Gear: Right Spin Gear (Bearing Version 2)
Blade Base: Defense Grip Base 2

Attack Ring: Cross Griffon
Weight Disk: MagneDisk
Spin Gear: Right Spin Gear
Blade Base: SG Metal Ball Base (two balls)

3rd place - loyd87
Attack Ring: Upper Claw
Weight Disk: Ten Heavy
Support Parts: Upper Attack
Spin Gear: Right Spin Gear (Bearing Version 2)
Blade Base: Customize Grip Base

Aattack Ring: Tiger Defenser
Weight Disk: Ten Heavy
Spin Gear: MagneCore
Blade Base: Metal Change Base

And meanwhile I used Tiger Defenser, Ten Heavy, and Wolborg 4's base, but no luck: 3-3.
Cool. Heard from MissingNo about Lloyd's combo and made this baby. Haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it could be good.
[Image: 1zg52rq.jpg]
[Image: msj1pt.jpg]
Or maybe with red Wide Defense? Seems like the Wide Defense might get in the way of the ramps though. Anyone know? Gonna have to test it out with both.
[Image: 50is5i.jpg]
defensive zombies are just monster in plastics.
pretty surprising no one used bear saucer considering it just comes in second to twin saucer.

also how, what even is this combo?
Attack Ring: Cross Griffon
Weight Disk: MagneDisk
Spin Gear: Right Spin Gear
Blade Base: SG Metal Ball Base (two balls)
CRACK!!!! The Revival of the BIT-BEASTS!!
Format:- Round Robit STD and PLA
Mumbai, India

Standard MFB:-

1st Place:- AaryanBITW
Flash Leone GB145RF
Reviser Kraken E230RDF [lol finally someone used it]
Reviser Kraken E230WD
Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F [me and he shared our wyvang #poweroffriends] it KOed GIRAGO anti-attack!

2nd:- Alex Mercer
Balro Pegasis 105R2F
Girago Dragoon F230GCF
Duo Cancer BGrin
Genbu Dragoon SA165WD

3rd:- Disaster
Duo Cancer BGrin
lol you was correct that Duo BGrin is good. 7-0

4th:-FIREFIRE
Bahamadia Dragoon BD145LRF
Bahamadia Dragoon BD145GF [i finally used it lol]
Bahamadia Dragoon BD145BSF [believe it or not this is a destabalizer/stamina type]

Today all used very powerful combos but best of todays were Balro Pegasis, Flash, Bahamdia Dragoon and that Duo. i have to say aaryan's launch was extremely dangerous today it KOed every combo came in his way.

I added my combos too because that i wanted to show how good a same combos did with just tip changed depending on opponent [i didn't got to finals because i lost in tiebreaker to aaryan due to my ripcord touched stadium by mistake.

Plastic:-

1st Place:- Alex Mercer
AR;- Tiger Defender
WD:- 8 Heavy
EG:- Right Spin EG
BB:- Normal Base
CEW:- Circle Survivor

2nd:- Rayx Nikhil
AR;- War Lion
Sub-AR:- War Lion
WD:- 8 Heavy
EG:- Right Spin EG

Driger V2

3rd:- Beyblade Jag
AR;- War Lion
Sub-AR:- War Lion
WD:- 8 Heavy [correct me if i'm wrong but AFAIK it was a heavy disk]
EG:- Wolborg 4's

wow i'm really impressed with Beyblade Jag, it was his first tourney and he won easily
Your Plastics tournament sounds like it was thrilling; three Circle Survivor combos and a Driger V2 haha.
(Jul. 27, 2016  7:03 PM)Kei Wrote: Your Plastics tournament sounds like it was thrilling; three Circle Survivor combos and a Driger V2 haha.

Sounds very true to the spirit of plastics metagame
(Jul. 27, 2016  7:12 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2016  7:03 PM)Kei Wrote: Your Plastics tournament sounds like it was thrilling; three Circle Survivor combos and a Driger V2 haha.

Sounds very true to the spirit of plastics metagame

lol thats true. my beys Wolborg 4 and Driger V2 didn't came before tournament so i wasn't able to test them hence i underestimated them. me and many other people used SG MF 2 Blade Base Based attack thinking they will ko em easily and i use a zombie combo too. but both driger and wolborg easily defeated every combo at tourney

#seriouslycoolaswolborg
BEYBLADE GO BURST - 7/23/16
TORONTO, ON - BEYBLADE BURST FORMAT

1st: Kei
Valkyrie Triple Accel
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Defense
Deathscyther Heavy Orbit
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Deathscyther Heavy Defense

2nd: JesseObre
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Defense
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Orbit
Wyvern Heavy Revolve

3rd: Mitsu
Dark Deathscyther Spread Defense
Dark Deathscyther Heavy Orbit
Valkyrie Heavy Revolve

Defense is definitely an interesting substitute for Orbit on Dark Deathscyther. While still capable of destabilizing, Defense runs less risks of running into the Stadium Pockets. I was more obligated to use it for that reason. I posted some further thoughts of mine here earlier this week. Smile

PLASTIC'S NOT DEAD! 3 - 7/23/16
TORONTO, ON - PLASTICS FORMAT

1st: Kei
AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: Right Engine Gear (Circle Survivor)
BB: Normal Base (Wolborg 4 ver.)

AR: Cross Griffin
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Right + Heavy Metal Core
BB: Metal Flat Base (Gaia Dragoon V ver.)

AR: Triple Tiger
SG: Neo Right + Heavy Metal Core

2nd: JesseObre
SG: Right Engine Gear (Circle Survivor)

AR: Upper Claw
WD: Ten Balance
SG: Neo Right SG (Metal Weight ver.)
SP: Upper Attack SP
BB: Customize Change Base

AR: Triple Wing
WD: Ten Wide
SG: Neo Right + Heavy Metal Flat

3rd: Mitsu
AR: Upper Claw
WD: Ten Balance
SG: Neo Right SG (Metal Weight ver.)
SP: Upper Attack SP
BB: Customize Change Base

WD: Wide Defense (Dranzer V South)
SG: Neo Right + Magnacore
BB: Defense Grip Base (Inverted)

SG: Neo Right
(Jul. 30, 2016  3:37 PM)Mitsu Wrote: 1st: Kei
SG: Right Engine Gear (Circle Survivor) + Heavy Metal Flat

Heavy Metal Flat?! Haha. Should be "Heavy Metal Core" on the last two only. I've updated your post.

edit: Also added in Deathscyther Heavy Defense for my winning combinations in Beyblade GO Burst.
(Jul. 30, 2016  6:37 PM)Kei Wrote: Heavy Metal Flat?! Haha. Should be "Heavy Metal Core" on the last two only. I've updated your post.

edit: Also added in Deathscyther Heavy Defense for my winning combinations in Beyblade GO Burst.

Ugh, why do the names for pieces have to be so similar in Plastics. Unhappy

Thanks for making the edits, haha.
wow combos there used for both events were great. I'm especially Interested in Plastics

@[Kei] and @[Mitsu]. Which of those Smash Attack did better for you? Cross Griffon or Triple Tiger? also did you faced any Circle Survivor with those Smashers lol?
(Jul. 30, 2016  8:54 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: @[Kei] and @[Mitsu]. Which of those Smash Attack did better for you? Cross Griffon or Triple Tiger? also did you faced any Circle Survivor with those Smashers lol?

I'm not sure! I liked them both a lot. I think @[Hato] played a Circle Survivor combo at some point with a Cross Griffon combo and won.
(Jul. 31, 2016  2:29 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2016  8:54 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: @[Kei] and @[Mitsu]. Which of those Smash Attack did better for you? Cross Griffon or Triple Tiger? also did you faced any Circle Survivor with those Smashers lol?

I'm not sure! I liked them both a lot. I think @[Hato] played a Circle Survivor combo at some point with a Cross Griffon combo and won.

Seems like I've been summoned.

I think I actually lost, using Cross Griffon and Metal Flat Base (GDV), but got many hard, and extremely close to KOing-hits. I did beat a Circle Survivor combo 3-2 (self KOed twice) using Triple Tiger and Defense Grip Base Inverted.

DGB Inverted is the way to go for attack, but I just haven't mastered it yet.
queue waterfall technique jokes
Hey Kei, any particular reason you used Triple on that Valkyrie Accel combo?
(Aug. 03, 2016  2:11 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Hey Kei, any particular reason you used Triple on that Valkyrie Accel combo?

I haven't exactly done scientific comparisons between Disks, and I know the orientation changes as a Layer is hit and skips teeth, but I like how the protrusions on Triple line up with the three main contact points on Valkyrie. If you're using a new Valkyrie sometimes all it takes it one hit anyways and you can win battles without the Disk's orientation changing/teeth skipping. But there's so many disks that are viable for Valkyrie; I've used Heavy, Spread, Force, and Limited on it in the past during tournaments ... it's kind of just a matter of preference for me at this point.

A bit of another question for anyone reading this: something like Spread definitely gives Valkyrie more Stamina. But to what benefit is something I wonder; what competitive combo(s) could VSA outspin with even a little bit of consistency? I'm sure there's some; just drawing a blank right now.
Would love to know why you went Accel over Xtreme.

I'm sure VSA could outspin a lot of stuff that's weak-launched.
(Aug. 03, 2016  7:27 PM)Kei Wrote: I haven't exactly done scientific comparisons between Disks, and I know the orientation changes as a Layer is hit and skips teeth, but I like how the protrusions on Triple line up with the three main contact points on Valkyrie. If you're using a new Valkyrie sometimes all it takes it one hit anyways and you can win battles without the Disk's orientation changing/teeth skipping.

That's actually kind of cool to think about. It's like you said. Generally you want your attack type to KO as early as possible anyway, so I don't even consider the orientation changing as the layer gets hit too much of a detriment.

(Aug. 03, 2016  9:18 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'm sure VSA could outspin a lot of stuff that's weak-launched.
My favorite part about this kind of thing is that it adds a new layer to the prediction war that is beyblade, where instead of most of the big predictions being done before the match starts,
these are things you have to try to be in control of during the match itself. I hadn't really cared too much for weak launching until I started playing Burst. I think it is because the bursting as a mechanic made it a little more important.
(Aug. 03, 2016  9:18 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Would love to know why you went Accel over Xtreme.

I'm sure VSA could outspin a lot of stuff that's weak-launched.

Easier to control, more stamina, greater window for powerful hits. Valkyrie also feels so compact compared to the other strong Attack Layers that using it on a Driver that can maintain high RPM seems like a good fit. That's not to say Valkyrie on Xtreme isn't great, though!

And ah, right! Forgot about that when I made my post. That's definitely true. When you play someone with Accel (even if it isn't with Spread) they're put into a tough position because they can't weak launch too much for fear of being outspun.

(Aug. 03, 2016  9:43 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: That's actually kind of cool to think about. It's like you said. Generally you want your attack type to KO as early as possible anyway, so I don't even consider the orientation changing as the layer gets hit too much of a detriment.

Yeah, although that being said; with Accel your window for getting strong hits in is much larger too.

(Aug. 03, 2016  9:43 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2016  9:18 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'm sure VSA could outspin a lot of stuff that's weak-launched.
My favorite part about this kind of thing is that it adds a new layer to the prediction war that is beyblade, where instead of most of the big predictions being done before the match starts,
these are things you have to try to be in control of during the match itself. I hadn't really cared too much for weak launching until I started playing Burst. I think it is because the bursting as a mechanic made it a little more important.

Yeah, it's really cool! It adds another dimension to battles between knowledgeable players.

Weak launching was certainly a thing during MFB (although one major difference is that it was largely used in opposite spin direction battles since they happened so often), but you're right that in Beyblade Burst its taken on a more important role.
Valkyrie on Metal Change, or a better version of Fusion or Unite, would be something scary.

I do still have love for Accel, though, but I didn't expect I would see it placing. How did it do for you?