Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Jun. 18, 2016  7:40 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: 1st
Dark_Mousy

YUSSSS DARK WON

Congratulations man, it's great to see you back. I am kinda bummed Def didn't place though, seeing as it's his last event for at least a while.

(Jun. 18, 2016  8:58 PM)Kei Wrote: It's interesting looking at the results for this event and wondering how differently it might have played out if anyone had known how dominant Orbit would become. Same with Dark Deathscyther, at least to some degree. Both had already been out for basically a month. I certainly had not written off both parts yet–especially Dark Deathscyther having found that it could beat Odin–but I guess nobody was comfortable enough with them yet even if they had found them to be good because nobody else had done so competitively yet. Now that everyone has validated how good both parts are, there's very little apprehension to using them.

(Jun. 18, 2016  9:22 PM)Mitsu Wrote: On a completely serious note, Orbit is indeed a force to be reckoned with. I'm definitely curious to know what I and others at Beyblade North would have used differently if we knew Orbit was that insane. Aside from, well, Orbit, lol.

I actually didn't own D2 or W2 until I won them both at Beyblade North haha. I had written D2 off at that point, but I was definitely planning to buy W2 off Kei at some point to test Orbit. I know for sure I would have used Orbit in some Burst-based combo (probably Defensive like NAO or K2AO since it is able to avoid the more stationary Burst Attackers) if I had more time to experiment with it.

What led me to discover D2_O and give D2 another shot was that D2GO was one of the random combos Brad had built and left at one of the stadiums; maybe that was also the same way Brad, Kei, and 1234 found out about it. I had the misfortune of running into it during the tournament while using NKR, and while I managed to beat it 3-2 (after going down 0-2 I switched to the power launch and narrowly won the next 3 rounds by OS) it definitely scared me enough to caught my attention. I tried D2GO out later that night (after the Burst tournament was already over lol) and it could OS NKR and DKR consistently. The next day during the Deck Rotation tryout I pulled it against 1234beyblade and was surprised to see him using the exact same combo, haha. I was like "wait, how did you figure that out too?"

I've found that D2_O is able to destabilize Revolve combos using Dark Deathscyther's slopes to exploit Revolve's precession, but I've also noticed it struggles against non-Revolve based Stamina (Kei was able to OS my D2GO using Deathscyther Spread? Gyro) since those Beyblades tend to use a tip with a smaller circumference which does not lose as much Stamina when forced to precess early in the match. I imagine Defense (Driver) would be particularly resistant to Orbit as well since it a ball rather than a D-series tip. Being plastic-tipped it is probably relatively easy to KO using an Xtreme based combo.

EDIT: Forgot to add this yesterday, but D2 is really nowhere near as unbalanced as everyone makes it out to be. Sure, all Layers are naturally unbalanced to some degree due to their Chrome-Wheel based designs, but the clear and colored plastics in D2 balance each other out rather nicely. Maybe it is an illusion people have based on the way the Layer looks? Or maybe I just happen to have a D2 with exceptional balance (which would also explain why D2GO beats D_R for me but not 1234beyblade).

(Jun. 19, 2016  4:03 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: 3rd Place:- FIREFIRE CPB
MF-H Lightning L-Drago 85RF
MF Screw Scorpio 85RF
MF Lighting L-Drago 85RB [better then RF]
Earth Cygnus 230MB
Screw Hades CH120GCF [lel don't get me wrong it's only made to counter Ashton and Yash's combo in Tiebreakers, as they were using only 2] #Anti-Left-Attacker

Someone's been taking lessons from CakeBob. Serious

(Jun. 18, 2016  8:58 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2016  3:51 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: BEYBLADE NORTH — Burst Format

1st – Mitsu

- Wyvern Heavy Revolve
- Deathscyther Spread Revolve
- Neptune Spread Revolve
- Valkyrie Heavy Revolve
- Chaos Heavy Revolve

spectacular

y'all need ko attack smh
I had actually mentioned D2.S.O to 1234 before Beyblade North off-handedly, so it wasn't that random that I built it! I just wasn't sure how to use it yet, though I had already discovered it beat Neptune X Revolve.
D2GO never beats WHR or DHR for me unless its by burst. Either way i feel like DHO just destroys everything right now.
For anyone who might be interested, Here is our finals in full.

And Here is a battle between myself & Thunder Dome. I used Death Scyther Gravity Revolve and Thunder Dome used Death Scyther Heavy Survive.
(Jun. 19, 2016  5:08 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: For anyone who might be interested, Here is our finals in full.

And Here is a battle between myself & Thunder Dome. I used Death Scyther Gravity Revolve and Thunder Dome used Death Scyther Heavy Survive.
Actually I used Deathscyther Heavy Defense.

rip me losing every game to burst
(Jun. 20, 2016  6:11 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Actually I used Deathscyther Heavy Defense.

How are your Deathscyther's teeth? I almost need to open a new Deathscyther at every tournament these days hah...
Hi, new here. To comment on the post above, I found that might teeth on Dark Deathscyther are really tight. Is that bad? Also, is it just a thing for some beys to have a loose burst mechanic? Like do you have to get lucky and hope that your teeth are just right? I apologize if this is going off topic.
(Jun. 20, 2016  7:13 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2016  6:11 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Actually I used Deathscyther Heavy Defense.

How are your Deathscyther's teeth? I almost need to open a new Deathscyther at every tournament these days hah...
Going into the event I thought they were fine, but considering both times I played against Dark_Mousy I bursted a decent amount I guess they just finally bit the dust.

Haha I'm really considering just ordering a bunch to do that for our next event.
Burst Outta School - Burst Format
Saturday, June 25th, 2016 | Toronto, Ontario

1st Kei

Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme
Valkyrie Gravity Revolve
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Orbit
Wyvern Heavy Revolve

2nd *

Deathscyther Spread Revolve
Wyvern Spread Survive
Valkyrie Heavy Accel
Deathscyther Spread Survive
Spriggan Heavy Blow

3rd ICEICE

Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Deathscyther Heavy Defense
Valkyrie Gravity Orbit
Valkyrie Heavy Revolve
Neptune Heavy Zephyr

Flame Up The Summer Spirit - MFB Limited

1st Kei

MSF-H Dark Knight Wyvang 85CS
MF-L Flame Hades 230CS
MF=H Earth Cygnus 100EWD
MF-H Earth Cygnus 100CS

2nd LMAO

MSF-H Dark Knight Wyvang CH120RSF
MF Scythe Gemios LW105MF
MF Earth Cancer B:D
MF-M Scythe Gemios B:D
MSF-H Dark Knight Girago S130GCF

3rd 1234beyblade

MF-H Earth Cygnus 85EWD
MF-L Scythe Cancer TH170TB
MF-L Scythe Gemios B:D
MF-L Flame Cancer TH170TB

Honorable Mention:
MF-H Rock Gemios CH120RSF (So close man, but it didn't rock it up!)
(Jul. 02, 2016  1:28 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Flame Up The Summer Spirit - MFB Limited

2nd LMAO

MF Scythe Gemios LW105MF
MF-M Scythe Gemios BGrin

3rd 1234beyblade

MF-L Scythe Gemios BGrin

Did I miss the Gemios memo?
GOOD OLD CANADA BEY
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Burst Format

1ST PLACE: 1234beyblade
Valkyrie Armed Claw
Neptune Heavy Revolve
Wyvern Heavy Revolve

2ND PLACE: ✱
Deathscyther Heavy Defense
Valkyrie Heavy Accel

3RD PLACE: cadney
Valkyrie Heavy Revolve

Glad to see ✱ trying out Accel; it is still a super viable option for Attack! If you know how to use Deathscyther well, it becomes what is probably one of the most safe Layers in the game. Yesterday, 1234beyblade's Deathscyther Heavy Revolve completely avoided hits from my Valkyrie Heavy Revolve after launching it a certain way. In addition, weak launching stationary Deathscyther combos helps avoid big hits from aggressive Attack.

DFB3636 Wrote:Did I miss the Gemios memo?

Gemios has crazy upper attack. Where something like Scythe Cancer B:D would be destabilized by Flame Cancer 230MB, Scythe Gemios B:D is super capable of knocking it out.
(Jul. 02, 2016  1:28 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Burst Outta School - Burst Format

2nd *

Spriggan Heavy Claw

This is actually supposed to be "Spriggan Heavy Blow", my handwriting just sucks
A STAR IS BORN
Kolkata, India - MFB STD

The winners:

1st Place: Arijit Sarakar
combos: Ifraid Zirago E230 MB
Kraken Dragoon F230 GCF
Ifraid Zirago 90 MF

2nd Place: ronitnath
Combos: Ifraid Zirago 90 MF
Ifraid Zirago E230 MB
Death Lynx BD145 CS
Balro Pegasus LW105 R2F

3rd Place: Ryan Uchiha
Combos: Big Bang Pegasus FGrin
Earth Virgo GB145 BS
Diablo nemesis XGrin
Fang Scorpio DF105 R2F
Cosmic Pegasus AD145 XF
Twisted tempo BD145 CS
(Jul. 02, 2016  6:38 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Glad to see ✱ trying out Accel; it is still a super viable option for Attack!

It's been cool to see ✱ find success with Valkyrie on Accel. It's a tricky combo to play against because of how much Stamina it has; weak launching becomes even more risky.
We're Blading Off Again!
Winning Combos

1st Place-ThaKingTai: Dark Deathscyther Graity Revolve
2nd Place-Alta: Deathscyther Spread/Heavy Survive
3rd Place-earthwolf1404: Valkyrie Spread/Gravity Revolve

I'm a tool for using Revolve, lol
How well do you guys' Revolves' disks spin?
Wow @[ThaKingTai], you only used one combo to win the entire tournament? That's unusual! What did you play against?
(Jul. 17, 2016  3:33 PM)Kei Wrote: Wow @[ThaKingTai], you only used one combo to win the entire tournament? That's unusual! What did you play against?

This is LA's first Burst tournament, so I think it's not that unexpected. Give it time! Wink
(Jul. 17, 2016  5:42 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: This is LA's first Burst tournament, so I think it's not that unexpected. Give it time! Wink

Ah, is that so? For some reason I thought they had done one or two already.

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 8 (Standard) - 7/17/16
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Standard Format

1st: LMAO
MSF-M Girago Dragooon SA165 (Attack Mode) EWD
MSF-M Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF
MF-M Duo Cancer W105EWD
MSF-M Genbull Dragooon W105EWD
MSF-H Revizer Killerken BD145RSF
Flame Cancer 230RDF

2nd: U wot m8
MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF
Duo Cancer W105EWD
Flame Cancer 230RDF

3rd: Kei
MF-L Duo Cygnus DF105EWD
Killerken Girago SA165 (Attack Mode) EWD
MSF Genbull Girago DF105EWD
MSF Girago Dragooon DF105EWD
MSF-L Killerken Girago BD145RDF
MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang CH120RSF

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 8 (Burst) - 7/17/16
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Burst Format

1st: pyrus10000
Deathscyther Heavy Orbit
Neptune Heavy Revolve

2nd: Kei
Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Wyvern Gravity Revolve
Valkyrie Triple Accel
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Defense

3rd: 1234beyblade
Neptune Heavy Revolve
Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme
Valkyrie Gravity Zephyr

Great tournaments today! It was cool coming back to Standard Format after almost an entire year. I kind of missed those "elephants" (as everyone was calling them). And yes, Flame Cancer 230RDF is a joke combo, but LMAO and U wot m8 won with it.
(Jul. 17, 2016  5:42 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2016  3:33 PM)Kei Wrote: Wow @[ThaKingTai], you only used one combo to win the entire tournament? That's unusual! What did you play against?

This is LA's first Burst tournament, so I think it's not that unexpected. Give it time! Wink

It was LA's first tournament, so a lot of the younger people didn't know great combos. I went up against Storm Spriggan Vertical Fusion or Unite, Kerbeus Spread(?) Gyro and another Kerbeus combo in my block. Then for finals, I went up against @[Alta]'s D.S.S. and @[earthwolf1404]'s V.G.R. My last match was super intense for me, the one against earth, but I'll post more on that in the main thread.

I kinda wanted to use Valkyrie Magnum Impact/Extreme, but then I wanted to clench this tourney, lol
And how well does your Revolve spin?
(Jul. 18, 2016  2:34 AM)Kai-V Wrote: And how well does your Revolve spin?

According to @[1234beyblade], you can launch Revolve on a pillow and then it will fix it??
(Jul. 18, 2016  2:40 AM)Kei Wrote:

According to @[1234beyblade], you can launch Revolve on a pillow and then it will fix it??

I believe that mine does, lol. How exactly do I find that out? Should I run some solo test?
Hand-spinning it should be a good enough indication: if it spins like in the BeybladeGeeks' video, then it is basically perfect.
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-B-36-Bo...pid1328063

If the disk barely spins like in my video that I posted a few messages below that one, then it is a bad mould.

(Jul. 18, 2016  2:40 AM)Kei Wrote:

I do not know if this was a joke but I had nothing to lose, and the answer is: no.
(Jul. 18, 2016  3:00 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hand-spinning it should be a good enough indication: if it spins like in the BeybladeGeeks' video, then it is basically perfect.
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-B-36-Bo...pid1328063

If the disk barely spins like in my video that I posted a few messages below that one, then it is a bad mould.

Oh, it spins just like that, maybe a little bit slower, lol.

My idea for D2GR was that I didn't have any other great layers to put on this besides one prime Valkyrie, which I wanted to save if I used VMI/Xtreme, lol. Plus D2 has very good teeth so it was difficult to Burst, lol.

Do you guys mind if I post JoJo's combo? She was the one that would have come in fourth and actually had to battle earthwolf1404 in a tiebreaker to get to finals.