Dark Deathscyther Gravity Orbit
Deathscyther Spread Orbit

3rd: JesseObre
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Defense
Deathscyther Heavy Defense
Valkyrie Triple Trans
Odin Heavy Revolve
Deathscyther Spread Orbit

Read my thoughts on the experimental Burst Format here.

-

THE BEY-GINNING OF AN ERA - 9/4/16
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Burst Format

1st: JesseObre
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Defense

2nd: 1234beyblade
Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Deathscyther Gravity Defense
Dark Deathscyther Spread Orbit

3rd: Mitsu
Deathscyther Heavy Orbit
Dark Deathscyther Heavy Defense
Dark Deathscyther Spread Defense
Deathscyther Spread Defense

Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther continue to reign supreme! Beginning to wonder what a format without them and with Odin back would look like.

(Aug. 21, 2016  4:10 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: I must say, I really enjoyed using Dark Deathscyther in this one. As for Neptune @[Kei], it was probably my memories from Beyblade North that puled me towards it. Not many people had D2 anyway, so that was not much of a problem.

Yeah, that would explain it. I don't find Neptune to be reliable against D2 at all, but if it isn't really present then I can see it being used successfully.

(Aug. 21, 2016  8:53 PM)Wombat Wrote: Burst
- I still don't trust Deathscyther not to Burst enough to use it on a stationary combo.

Yeah, I can get this for sure. Any Attack user who knows what they're doing can make short work of Deathscyther, especially if they're using Trans where it becomes very difficult for the Deathscyther user to know how to shoot their Beyblade.

Even though I do use Deathscyther with some frequency myself–like almost everyone else–I dislike using it on some levels not because it's "easy" to use but because throwing myself into a position where I can end up in an easy match-up for an Attack user or a mirror match is useless. The latter scenario becomes either about luck, launch strength, part wear, or whoever spent the most time perfecting the balance of their combo, none of which will subsequently end the battle in a fashion that you can take much satisfaction away, whether you're on the losing end or the winning end. There is certainly some satisfaction from being able to test and put together the best version of a Stamina combo in terms of balance and in perfecting your launch for sure–don't get me wrong–but not as much as being able to win by Bursting or KOing your opponent with an Attack type that is inherently more versatile anyways.

(Aug. 21, 2016  8:53 PM)Wombat Wrote: As for its Defense, I would say that while Wyvern has better KO Defense, Neptune has better Burst Defense, which is why I chose it over Wyvern on Disk/Driver setup as prone to Bursting as Heavy Unite. Given how Burst-based the meta still is and that Neptune has better Stamina than Wyvern I still think it's a viable option, though.

Neptune having better Stamina than Wyvern can be debatable! You should see 1234beyblade's Wyvern Heavy Revolve ... he can OS Neptune and other even better Stamina Layers sometimes. I've had it happen before too.

(Aug. 21, 2016  8:53 PM)Wombat Wrote: - Zoroaste had told me a while back that one of the Japanese members here had told him Japanese players had been using Boost and Upper on their D2 Destabilizers. I tried Boost then and didn't like it better than Gravity or Armed, but Upper seemed to be on the same level as those two. I know Dark_Mousy said that Heavy is best for it in his video (which makes sense because compact/high RPM/heavy weight stuff is generally really good for destabilizer types) but I have yet to try it myself.

Yeah ... I just can't see Upper really helping. I haven't tried it on D2 but on Attack combos it just killed their movement patterns and I can't see how it would be good for Stamina either over the many other options we have.

(Aug. 21, 2016  8:53 PM)Wombat Wrote: - Yes!!! Believe it or not, due to its OWD Unicorn has about the same amount of Stamina as Neptune (From my testing slightly more, but it's a small enough difference that it might just be due to external variables), but the problem is that it's easier to Burst. Ring has the same problem, but for whatever reason Unicorn Ring doesn't burst nearly as much as Unicorn or Ring do on other combos. Plastic Change is actually not that bad of a Staller tip if you aren't worried about speed - while I haven't directly compared it to Accel or Zephyr I think the point in the middle might give it slightly more Stamina than them. It also catches the Tornado Ridge rather well and Bursts a lot less than you would think. Basically URF is just a combo where parts that normally suck randomly have good synergy together. For me, it outspins Deathscyther Heavy Defense about 50% of the time depending on which combo is launched first.

Interesting! Your assessment of Unicorn's Stamina, but its tendency to burst sounds pretty accurate to me. I'm not a believer in URF yet ... but maybe I'll give it a shot haha.

(Aug. 22, 2016  4:00 PM)Time Wrote: Other thoughts: I ran straight through Round Robin play to 6-0 record using Neptune Gravity Revolve after my yielding got damaged so Neptune definitely is still useful. Although, once I got to finals I went 0-3.

What sort of opponents did you have @[Time]? I can see Neptune being a pretty safe choice in round robin play depending on the quality of your opponents.

(Aug. 22, 2016  4:00 PM)Time Wrote: #unbangravity to make the ultimate options combo: gravity th170 hf/s #trollololololololooool

That's not the proper name for that combo. Tongue_out

(Aug. 22, 2016  9:23 PM)Wombat Wrote: As for Neptune, it still has a chance against (Dark) Deathscyther if your launch is stronger enough than your opponent's. Remember, at AN Time outspun Valentin's Deathscyther Revolve with Neptune Revolve and I outspun ANTim's Dark Deathscyther Gravity Orbit with Neptune Knuckle Revolve.

Don't know if using ANTim as an example is valid considering he was actually using a stock Dark Deathscyther and clearly had never played Burst before? Well, he was in the first round of the tournament against me if I remember correctly.

And the battle where Time outspun Valentin's Deathscyther Revolve with Neptune Revolve was certainly debatable in my eyes. Not saying it is impossible, but definitely not something I would rely on. Same deal with the D2 versus Deathscyther match-up; D2 can win, but it's very difficult if you're playing a skilled/strong opponent.

(Sep. 04, 2016  4:10 AM)Wombat Wrote: How did you like Valkyrie Trans, Kei? Personally I like Spread on it because it offers more Life After Death than Knuckle, but for the most part the two seem pretty interchangeable to me due to where they stand on the Burst Defense/Stamina/Weight spectrum. Wouldn't use Knuckle on a Staller though. Was Wyvern just used to mindgame Attack users?

Also Jesse is there any particular reason why you always use Heavy Defense on stationary Valkyrie? I bet it's less weak to Destabilization because it's a ball (pretty much the reason I wanted to git gud with Needle) but don't people normally use a lower friction tip like Claw or Gyro?

It's "beymazing", as you said! Trans is the best part released over the past several months for sure. It has a few caveats–like self-KOing when you try to stall at full power–but the pros far outweigh the cons. It's so empowering to be able to switch your strategy between two meaningful different tip choices mid-battle.

As for Valkyrie Trans specifically, I mean, Valkyrie is so good that it can work with so many different Disks: Heavy, Gravity, Spread, Knuckle, Limited, Triple ... take your pick. I honestly kind of just picked Knuckle on a whim that day; for me with Valkyrie Trans Stamina isn't really my goal, so using something like Spread doesn't make as much sense as it does when you use VSA and have a chance of outspinning something. With Trans I find I can't stall around the ridge with the same power as Accel or Zephyr without risking self-KO, so it's more about the versatility of being able to switch between stationary and mobile for Attack that is valuable to me when using Trans.

I used WGT against 1234beyblade only because I had a strong hunch he would be using V2GZ. I guessed right and the ability to switch between the tips on Trans was useful because it meant he had to guess how to launch his Beyblade each time. That said, some of the rounds were actually a bit close when I used the sharp tip ... even with V2, Zephyr has some good Stamina haha.

I'll let @[JesseObre] provide his own answer, but VHD is good if you have a strong launch because it provides movement that VHR does not. It also has more Stamina than Needle and is more controllable to launch very aggressively. When people use VHR many players bank their Stamina combo to try and avoid the center of the stadium for as long as possible; if you're using VHD you probably have enough movement to hit them from the beginning.
Did anybody at all try using Odin Heavy Defense, like before?
As Kei said I like VHD cause of the movement. VHR was too vulnerable imo and with VHD i can at least move around more and avoid attack.
(Sep. 06, 2016  3:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Did anybody at all try using Odin Heavy Defense, like before?

I can't speak for everyone and I didn't see every battle, but most people were excited to try Odin on Revolve. We also had less battles than usual because we did four rounds of Swiss (plus the Single Elimination final) instead of Round Robin.
@[Kei] I mean my block was geetster99, TheBeyNinja, PidgeotWiz, Tech, OnTheDL, and Yami to get through to the finals and I did it using Neptune.
Neptune, from what I've experienced has no chance against D2, it always comes close but D2 always wins. If Deathscyther is on Defense and not Revolve and your Neptune is on revolve then you're most likely done as well. You obviously will go Neptune Revolve because nothing else really makes Neptune good enough. I dunno, I'm pretty sure I can claim the bringing up of Neptune in the meta and i'm certain it's outclassed at this point. Maybe your opponents didn't have balance enhanced combos like most of Toronto kinda has at this point.
Yeah, I agree 1234beyblade.

(Sep. 06, 2016  4:55 AM)Time Wrote: @[Kei] I mean my block was geetster99, TheBeyNinja, PidgeotWiz, Tech, OnTheDL, and Yami to get through to the finals and I did it using Neptune.

Interesting! Do you remember what any of them used?

edit: Also, a small addition to the winning combos for Bey Blades Burst Tournament. I forgot to list VTA originally:
(Sep. 06, 2016  3:13 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2016  8:53 PM)Wombat Wrote: As for its Defense, I would say that while Wyvern has better KO Defense, Neptune has better Burst Defense, which is why I chose it over Wyvern on Disk/Driver setup as prone to Bursting as Heavy Unite. Given how Burst-based the meta still is and that Neptune has better Stamina than Wyvern I still think it's a viable option, though.

Neptune having better Stamina than Wyvern can be debatable! You should see 1234beyblade's Wyvern Heavy Revolve ... he can OS Neptune and other even better Stamina Layers sometimes. I've had it happen before too.

I've heard this theory before actually, but how often does it happen? Are you sure it's Wyvern doing the work and not just 1234beyblade's launch power? If his Wyvern really is that great it would also explain why he can't get D2 to beat it while D2 always beats Wyvern Revolve with a good bit of spin left for me. Alternatively, my Wyvern could just have really bad balance.

(Sep. 06, 2016  3:13 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2016  9:23 PM)Wombat Wrote: As for Neptune, it still has a chance against (Dark) Deathscyther if your launch is stronger enough than your opponent's. Remember, at AN Time outspun Valentin's Deathscyther Revolve with Neptune Revolve and I outspun ANTim's Dark Deathscyther Gravity Orbit with Neptune Knuckle Revolve.

Don't know if using ANTim as an example is valid considering he was actually using a stock Dark Deathscyther and clearly had never played Burst before? Well, he was in the first round of the tournament against me if I remember correctly.

And the battle where Time outspun Valentin's Deathscyther Revolve with Neptune Revolve was certainly debatable in my eyes. Not saying it is impossible, but definitely not something I would rely on. Same deal with the D2 versus Deathscyther match-up; D2 can win, but it's very difficult if you're playing a skilled/strong opponent.

I remember for sure that he used D2 Gravity Orbit against me, since it was his use of the combo that originally piqued my interest in D2 Orbit. I believe he was just using the combos laid out in front of the stadiums (Brad mentioned a while back that he intentionally put that combo together as a loaner, probably as a trap for Neptune users), but I may be wrong about that.

While I do remember the first outspin in the Time/Valentin battle being questionable, Time won the second round cleanly, and in the third round Valentin launched out of the stadium.

I will agree that Neptune Revolve paired with a strong launch isn't the beast it used to be, but it's still an excellent safe option against new/inexperienced players since these players generally do not have the strength to OS it or the skill to KO it, and its relatively high Burst Defense mean that you have a pretty good chance of beating Stationary Attackers as well. EDIT: Also, these players aren't likely to balance-tune their combos.

Based on the one post I've seen comparing Yielding vs Orbit with Revolve vs Orbit, Neptune could potentially still have top-tier capabilities on Yielding where it isn't as easily destabilized.

(Sep. 06, 2016  3:13 AM)Kei Wrote: I'll let @[JesseObre] provide his own answer, but VHD is good if you have a strong launch because it provides movement that VHR does not. It also has more Stamina than Needle and is more controllable to launch very aggressively. When people use VHR many players bank their Stamina combo to try and avoid the center of the stadium for as long as possible; if you're using VHD you probably have enough movement to hit them from the beginning.

(Sep. 06, 2016  4:09 AM)JesseObre Wrote: As Kei said I like VHD cause of the movement. VHR was too vulnerable imo and with VHD i can at least move around more and avoid attack.

Interesting. The movement was what drew me to Needle at first as well, but I can totally see Defense working in that way if your launch is strong enough. Not sure if I would choose it over Claw since I can still get a decent amount of movement out of that.

I wouldn't put Valkyrie on Revolve anymore. I don't have any way of supporting this statement right now, but I think the steeper angles Revolve makes your combo hit at during the mid/late game actually reduces the amount of Bursts that happen (since the Layers aren't making totally horizontal contact). There was one fight in the most recent LA tournament where earthwolf1404 (I think) loses with V_R to D_R due to hitting at the wrong angles, which solidified the theory a bit more in my mind.

(Sep. 06, 2016  4:27 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2016  3:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Did anybody at all try using Odin Heavy Defense, like before?

I can't speak for everyone and I didn't see every battle, but most people were excited to try Odin on Revolve. We also had less battles than usual because we did four rounds of Swiss (plus the Single Elimination final) instead of Round Robin.

Alternatively, did anyone try Odin on Orbit?
My wyverns balance is like on point, I would say in the 95-100% range, no matter how hard you launch it, it just chills in the middle and doesn't budge (when solo spinning it looks like it's just sitting there and not spinning, kind of like we saw with MFB beys from time to time). It can also beat DHD and DHR combos, I lost against DHD twice but it was due to unlucky KOs and Bursts, I got majority of the OSs.
(Sep. 06, 2016  11:04 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: My wyverns balance is like on point, I would say in the 95-100% range, no matter how hard you launch it, it just chills in the middle and doesn't budge (when solo spinning it looks like it's just sitting there and not spinning, kind of like we saw with MFB beys from time to time). It can also beat DHD and DHR combos, I lost against DHD twice but it was due to unlucky KOs and Bursts, I got majority of the OSs.

I almost lost to an exceptionally good Wyvern in a recent tournament, I still can't believe my DHR got burst twice by WRD. It was a green Wyvern from the B-22 set.
I know the WBO has a lot going on right now which is awesome, but does anyone find the number of Deathscythers and D2's a bit problematic? I looked on the last few pages and it looks like Deathscyther and D2 dominated Canadian events. And it appears even throwing Odin in the Meta didn't change that. I think we should really have a serious discussion about it because it is definitely limiting variety and it appears to not be that fun of a meta, especially considering how easy Deathscythers wear down.
Me and the Toronto squad have already thought of having a side events with D2 D and O banned, and it will happen when I host on the oct 15th, hopefully it will turn out with some interesting winning combos lol. But ye I agree, D2 and D are broken, at least here in Toronto.
(Sep. 06, 2016  9:36 AM)Wombat Wrote: I will agree that Neptune Revolve paired with a strong launch isn't the beast it used to be, but it's still an excellent safe option against new/inexperienced players since these players generally do not have the strength to OS it or the skill to KO it, and its relatively high Burst Defense mean that you have a pretty good chance of beating Stationary Attackers as well. EDIT: Also, these players aren't likely to balance-tune their combos.

Yeah, that's definitely true! D2 is really was killed Neptune in terms of it being usable even in matches between experienced/high-level players, but for the reasons you mention, it is indeed still a safe option against certain players. That said, it just seems inferior to D2 in every way at this point. Why use it over D2 even in the situations you describe?

(Sep. 06, 2016  9:36 AM)Wombat Wrote: Based on the one post I've seen comparing Yielding vs Orbit with Revolve vs Orbit, Neptune could potentially still have top-tier capabilities on Yielding where it isn't as easily destabilized.

Oh yeah? What post was this? Too bad Orbit's use has fallen recently (in Toronto at least). It's still useful for sure, but the scenarios are much more specific and limited recently.

(Sep. 06, 2016  9:36 AM)Wombat Wrote: Alternatively, did anyone try Odin on Orbit?

I don't believe so, but it would be interesting to try. I also want to try testing Odin vs. Chaos (Mold 2) sometime soon.

(Sep. 10, 2016  5:04 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Me and the Toronto squad have already thought of having a side events with D2 D and O banned, and it will happen when I host on the oct 15th, hopefully it will turn out with some interesting winning combos lol. But ye I agree, D2 and D are broken, at least here in Toronto.

If anything, I'd say Dark Deathscyther is the one that's broken, not Deathscyther. D2 is basically the new Odin at this point; it has the killer combo of great defense and great stamina. Deathscyther is perfectly flawed in that it has the best Stamina, but it's easy to Burst Finish.
(Sep. 11, 2016  7:52 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2016  9:36 AM)Wombat Wrote: I will agree that Neptune Revolve paired with a strong launch isn't the beast it used to be, but it's still an excellent safe option against new/inexperienced players since these players generally do not have the strength to OS it or the skill to KO it, and its relatively high Burst Defense mean that you have a pretty good chance of beating Stationary Attackers as well. EDIT: Also, these players aren't likely to balance-tune their combos.

Yeah, that's definitely true! D2 is really was killed Neptune in terms of it being usable even in matches between experienced/high-level players, but for the reasons you mention, it is indeed still a safe option against certain players. That said, it just seems inferior to D2 in every way at this point. Why use it over D2 even in the situations you describe?

(Sep. 06, 2016  9:36 AM)Wombat Wrote: Based on the one post I've seen comparing Yielding vs Orbit with Revolve vs Orbit, Neptune could potentially still have top-tier capabilities on Yielding where it isn't as easily destabilized.

Oh yeah? What post was this? Too bad Orbit's use has fallen recently (in Toronto at least). It's still useful for sure, but the scenarios are much more specific and limited recently.

Time's post, right here, is the one I'm talking about. As far as I know it's the only one that compares the two. Dark_Mousy also seems to like Yielding a lot as well, so maybe he could tell why he prefers it over Revolve?

In my experience, Neptune has higher raw Stamina than D2, and is also more difficult to Burst, which is why I would use it over D2 in some situations. Neptune hardly ever Bursts unexpectedly on me (though I have a sneaking suspicion that Neptune's lead tooth wears down after extensive use) meaning almost never unless I'm up against Stationary Valkyrie (and even then it's like 7/13 Neptune's favor). D2 Bursts 'just enough to be inconvenient' for me. It's much weaker to Burst Attack, and sometimes when I use D2 Orbit I randomly self-Burst against Revolve (Armed mitigates this, but you outspin less things consistently. Gravity Bursts a lot more than Armed, but can beat DHR and goes about 50/50 against DKR. Upper is somewhere in between the two).

EDIT (sorry Dark): Also when I was developing the Unite combo I used at the last Maryland event I tried a bunch of Layers to see what worked best on it. Neptune was the only one that got the Bursting down to manageable levels while still being able to OS Xtreme combos consistently (D2 and Wyvern Bursted too much, K2 had trouble OSing Valk/V2 Xtreme)

Sure, D2 Orbit/Defense(? Haven't had a chance to check where D2HD stands in terms of Destabilization) beats Neptune Revolve 1v1, but the way I see it is like using a Thermal Destabilizer vs an Earth BGrin - the latter has higher raw Stamina, but loses just because of the disadvantageous matchup. That doesn't mean that Earth BGrin is unviable, though. Doesn't completely translate over to Burst, but that's the best comparison my Limited-wired brain can think of at 4 in the morning haha.
So are we going to shift our position to investigating banning any combo that does well for more than a few months?
(Sep. 11, 2016  8:34 AM)Wombat Wrote: In my experience, Neptune has higher raw Stamina than D2, and is also more difficult to Burst, which is why I would use it over D2 in some situations. Neptune hardly ever Bursts unexpectedly on me (though I have a sneaking suspicion that Neptune's lead tooth wears down after extensive use) meaning almost never unless I'm up against Stationary Valkyrie (and even then it's like 7/13 Neptune's favor). D2 Bursts 'just enough to be inconvenient' for me. It's much weaker to Burst Attack, and sometimes when I use D2 Orbit I randomly self-Burst against Revolve (Armed mitigates this, but you outspin less things consistently. Gravity Bursts a lot more than Armed, but can beat DHR and goes about 50/50 against DKR. Upper is somewhere in between the two).

EDIT (sorry Dark): Also when I was developing the Unite combo I used at the last Maryland event I tried a bunch of Layers to see what worked best on it. Neptune was the only one that got the Bursting down to manageable levels while still being able to OS Xtreme combos consistently (D2 and Wyvern Bursted too much, K2 had trouble OSing Valk/V2 Xtreme)

Sure, D2 Orbit/Defense(? Haven't had a chance to check where D2HD stands in terms of Destabilization) beats Neptune Revolve 1v1, but the way I see it is like using a Thermal Destabilizer vs an Earth BGrin - the latter has higher raw Stamina, but loses just because of the disadvantageous matchup. That doesn't mean that Earth BGrin is unviable, though. Doesn't completely translate over to Burst, but that's the best comparison my Limited-wired brain can think of at 4 in the morning haha.

Interesting. I keep hearing people talking about how easily D2 apparently bursts or in your case, how it is weak to "Burst Attack", but I find it to be difficult to burst in general. It's teeth are so incredibly strong. I haven't found an Attack combo that can consistently defeat Dark Deathscyther Gravity/Spread Defense yet. Have you?

Valkyrie is maybe the best bet, but I don't feel safe (or at least like I have a fair chance) using that at all in the same way that I do going up against things like Neptune, Wyvern, Odin, Baldur, Yeager Yggdrasil, Yggdrasil, Nova Neptune, Holy Horusood, or any other Layer that has great or OK defense. This would be fine if it didn't also have great Stamina, but it does, so ...

I've found Minoboros to be surprisingly good at making Dark Deathscyther skip it's teeth, but it often isn't enough to get the win consistently. And Chaos (Mold 2) can also surprisingly make D2 burst, but it usually ends in a double burst finish if it does happen at all.

Also worth mentioning in terms of D2's Stamina however is that D2 on Defense or Orbit has a harder time with Deathscyther on Defense–which has become popular again in Toronto–so you don't get the benefit usually of having that decent match-up with Deathscyther on Revolve.

(Sep. 11, 2016  3:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: So are we going to shift our position to investigating banning any combo that does well for more than a few months?

Haha, well for me when a part feels stronger than Odin was, I'm going to start questioning it. Smile
I did use Yielding quite a bit in our final a few weeks back. I tried Death Scyther on it and I didn't particularly like it. It felt off balanced. But I tried Neptune Knuckle Yielding and I liked it a lot. It had good balance. Over all I did like Yielding. Most of our finals was nothing but Revolve. So I wanted to use something that they didn't expect. Revolve has a little bit more Stamina then Yielding, But Yielding has some use from what Ive seen.

I used knuckle on it for personal preference. I tried Heavy on it and tested Gravity later, gravity worked okay, but Knuckle gave me the best results. I chose to use Neptune on it because I thought it would give it better balance overall. And I was right. Ill definitely be using this combo again.
The balance being off was just by chance. If you were to try different disk and driver combinations you would have found a better balance eventually.
Go Shoot First, Ask Questions Later!

Burst Format

1st Place-Alta:
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve

2nd Place-ThaKingTai:
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Revolve

3rd Place-JoJo [Jp0t]:
Neptune Gravity Orbit
Deathscyther Ring Revolve

lol, so much Revolve, so much Deathscyther, lololololol
(Sep. 12, 2016  4:21 AM)ThaKingTai Wrote: lol, so much Revolve, so much Deathscyther, lololololol

Hint:
1. Use Valkyrie Trans
2. Switch modes throughout the battle to keep the Deathscyther-wielding opponent guessing how they should be launching
3. Win!
My V2TX in "Go Shoot First, Ask Questions Later" only won a couple rounds in the tournament. Never won actual battles with that combo. It would have been pretty funny if we all used Deathscyther in the finals but I felt like switching it up and going complete aggro lol.
it's probably a good thing to have some honorable mentions.

Here are 2 good ones from "Go Shoot First,Ask Questions Later"

Wyvern Ring Defence- BreakDown 4th place
Valkyrie Heavy Yielding- RacingCheetahz 7th place (only in 7th because of tooth wearing)
Well, who gets to define what an honorable mention is? I don't see what's notable about either of those (Valkyrie Heavy Yielding seems fine, I guess, but stationary Valkyrie combos make it into the top 3 all the time ...)
(Sep. 13, 2016  12:19 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: it's probably a good thing to have some honorable mentions.

Here are 2 good ones from "Go Shoot First,Ask Questions Later"

Wyvern Ring Defence- BreakDown 4th place
Valkyrie Heavy Yielding- RacingCheetahz 7th place (only in 7th because of tooth wearing)
What's the point of honorable mentions? It's alright to learn what the meta is in an area, but nothing below top 3 really deserves to be in winning combinations. We're here to find out what performed the best, not what got 7th in an 11 person tournament. And as Bey Brad already stated, it isn't to notable considering all the stationary Valkyrie Combos we've seen top.
If you win more than 25% of your matches with Storm Spriggan Oval Quake, I will consider it an honorable mention