Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

I am surprised to see Wyvern Heavy Survive up there! Even more so with amaterios Force Edge... But I am glad to see W_S was used for the first time in a while.

It is also nice to see Hammer Tusk with bearings on there! I remember Yami talking about it, and it seems to prove it did well. But whyyyy kota, why dragon breaker + zeus

(May. 15, 2016  12:52 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: It was a joke lol, iirc it was against a not so good player haha.

was it against u
Everyone, even if it is obvious to knowledgeable Bladers, whenever there's a combo that was clearly a "joke" that makes it onto a winning combos list, please make an explicit note of that in your post. The point of this thread is to find not just strictly the combos that "win" (like amaterios Force Edge apparently did) regardless of the seriousness of the battle (but they should still be listed, of course), but the combinations that are most integral to your victory from a competitive standpoint. It could be misleading for other users who don't necessarily know what's best and what isn't if they read the list without any context.

(May. 15, 2016  12:52 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Not many of us had Dual Layers, and the people that did simply didn't do well. I am constantly surprised with lawesomeness's ability to win with no where near the latest parts. lol

Nobody had Revolve?!
@[Kei], Yami (formerly Stars) and Wombat had it iirc. Obviously they didn't do too well (they both missed out on finals).
(May. 15, 2016  4:42 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 15, 2016  12:52 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Not many of us had Dual Layers, and the people that did simply didn't do well. I am constantly surprised with lawesomeness's ability to win with no where near the latest parts. lol

Nobody had Revolve?!
Was using Deathscythe terrible mold so it kinda bursted a bit easily with my Deathscythe Knuckle Revolve. As for my V2KX the stadium positioning was so bad that i lost it against WHS.

Even though i never placed but i beaten a VHX with K2HD and it was a super tank Smile

@[OnTheDL] borrowed my K2HD and beaten @[*Ginga*] VHG
Stir It Up
Toronto Ontario Canada Burst Format [BST]

1st: 1234beyblade
Neptune Heavy Revolve
Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Valkyrie Gravity Revolve

2nd: JesseObre
Deathscyther Heavy Defense

3rd: Mitsu
Deathscyther Heavy Claw
Deathscyther Spread Revolve
Neptune Heavy Revolve
(May. 15, 2016  8:41 PM)1234beyblade Wrote:
Stir It Up
Toronto Ontario Canada Burst Format [BST]

1st: 1234beyblade
Neptune Heavy Revolve
Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Valkyrie Gravity Revolve

2nd: JesseObre
Deathscyther Heavy Defense

3rd: Mitsu
Deathscyther Heavy Claw
Neptune Heavy Revolve

wow all stamina and stationary attack types?
Can't say I'm surprised. Revolve is a beast.
Bursting into the City - 6/4/16
New York, NY- Burst Format

1st: UltimateOrion
Neptune Heavy Revolve
Deathscyther Heavy Orbit

2nd: Leone 7
Neptune Heavy Revolve
Neptune Heavy Defense
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Deathscyther Heavy Orbit

3rd: Cye Kinomiya
Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme
Neptune Heavy Revolve
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve

I really liked Orbit. It was really good today. Everytime i used it i won. IMO Deathscyther Heavy Orbit is one of the best combos in the game right now.
Beyblade Prime 2016 - 4 June 2016

The Results...

1st - @[Balance Blader]
Deathscyther Heavy Unite
Deathscyther Spread Needle
Valkyrie Spread Needle

2nd - @[Ultra]
Valkyrie Spread Needle
Wyvern Heavy Revolve

3rd - @[Serotonin]
Valkyrie Spread Revolve
Wyvern Heavy Claw

Well, very different winning combos to the rest of the world. In London, we have tried Neptune Heavy Revolve and it works against nothing. I had some success with Dark Deathscyther Heavy Orbit against DSR, but Knuckle did nothing against Burst attackers, so most of us used Spread instead. V2 had varied success and loads of attack types (V_X, X_X) were used, but none made it to the top (as usual over here).
We think it's strange how all the parts/combos everyone across the pond uses just don't seem to work (other than D_R, V_R, DHD and so on) over here. Testing may be the same, but everything changes during tournaments.
(Jun. 05, 2016  1:52 AM)UltimateOrion Wrote: I really liked Orbit. It was really good today. Everytime i used it i won. IMO Deathscyther Heavy Orbit is one of the best combos in the game right now.

Specifically Deathscyther Heavy Orbit? Or do you mean Dark Deathscyther? A lot of people have been talking about D2 with Orbit recently, but I haven't seen anyone talk about Deathscyther with Orbit. How did it work out for you?

(Jun. 05, 2016  7:41 PM)Manicben Wrote: 1st - @[Balance Blader]
Deathscyther Heavy Unite

@[Balance Blader], what did these win against? What's the idea behind them?

(Jun. 05, 2016  7:41 PM)Manicben Wrote: Well, very different winning combos to the rest of the world. In London, we have tried Neptune Heavy Revolve and it works against nothing. I had some success with Dark Deathscyther Heavy Orbit against DSR, but Knuckle did nothing against Burst attackers, so most of us used Spread instead. V2 had varied success and loads of attack types (V_X, X_X) were used, but none made it to the top (as usual over here).
We think it's strange how all the parts/combos everyone across the pond uses just don't seem to work (other than D_R, V_R, DHD and so on) over here. Testing may be the same, but everything changes during tournaments.

What sort of match ups did NHR run into that it lost against?
(Jun. 05, 2016  8:22 PM)Kei Wrote: Specifically Deathscyther Heavy Orbit? Or do you mean Dark Deathscyther? A lot of people have been talking about D2 with Orbit recently, but I haven't seen anyone talk about Deathscyther with Orbit. How did it work out for you?

Yes, Deathscyther Heavy Orbit. I liked it better than Dark Deathscyther because Dark Deathscyther just seemed like it was little inconsistent against Deathscyther Heavy Revolve. Deathscyther also just seemed to be a bit better balanced and had more stamina than Dark Deathscyther had.

It was amazing. It won against a lot of Deathscyther Heavy Revolve and Neptune Heavy Revolve. It also won against Valkyrie Gravity Revolve once.
(Jun. 05, 2016  7:41 PM)Manicben Wrote:
Beyblade Prime 2016 - 4 June 2016

The Results...

1st - @[Balance Blader]
Deathscyther Heavy Unite

2nd - @[Ultra]
Valkyrie Spread Needle
Wyvern Heavy Revolve

3rd - @[Serotonin]
Valkyrie Spread Revolve
Wyvern Heavy Claw

Well, very different winning combos to the rest of the world. In London, we have tried Neptune Heavy Revolve and it works against nothing. I had some success with Dark Deathscyther Heavy Orbit against DSR, but Knuckle did nothing against Burst attackers, so most of us used Spread instead. V2 had varied success and loads of attack types (V_X, X_X) were used, but none made it to the top (as usual over here).

Balance Blader definitely used V_N against my VSN in the final and won so that should be on here too.

(Jun. 05, 2016  8:22 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2016  1:52 AM)UltimateOrion Wrote: I really liked Orbit. It was really good today. Everytime i used it i won. IMO Deathscyther Heavy Orbit is one of the best combos in the game right now.

Specifically Deathscyther Heavy Orbit? Or do you mean Dark Deathscyther? A lot of people have been talking about D2 with Orbit recently, but I haven't seen anyone talk about Deathscyther with Orbit. How did it work out for you?

(Jun. 05, 2016  7:41 PM)Manicben Wrote: 1st - @[Balance Blader]
Deathscyther Heavy Unite

@[Balance Blader], what did these win against? What's the idea behind them?

I'll ask him (since he doesn't post) but I doubt there was an idea really. Someone used unite in the tourney and i've used needle on Valkyrie to win a whole tournament so I guess seeing if it would work.

(Jun. 05, 2016  7:41 PM)Manicben Wrote: Well, very different winning combos to the rest of the world. In London, we have tried Neptune Heavy Revolve and it works against nothing. I had some success with Dark Deathscyther Heavy Orbit against DSR, but Knuckle did nothing against Burst attackers, so most of us used Spread instead. V2 had varied success and loads of attack types (V_X, X_X) were used, but none made it to the top (as usual over here).

What sort of match ups did NHR run into that it lost against?

Pretty sure it went up a deathscyther stamina combo and lost. Can't remember the others.
NHR lost against DSR and V_R (maybe? there may have been a V_X or V_A or V2_A combo it lost against too)
@[Serotonin] and I think @[philo1114] used NHR, so perhaps they can remember what happened exactly.
I'm pretty sure I did win a match with NGR ... it was against Chimera, I think, who'd used Wyvern on something? I'm sorry I've forgotten nearly all of my matches already.

Philo also won a match with NGR, in either his first or second match, against some sort of Defense customisation.

(Alternatively it could be that I've conflated the two events ...)

I know this kind of input is not very useful at all without specifics, but I would be happy to use N_R again; like I'd mentioned before, I do think Deathscyther is a little susceptible to bursting, and Neptune provides good insurance against this. My launch is definitely not strong enough to contend with similar Stamina customisations, though.
(Jun. 05, 2016  10:33 PM)Manicben Wrote: NHR lost against DSR and V_R (maybe? there may have been a V_X or V_A or V2_A combo it lost against too)
@[Serotonin] and I think @[philo1114] used NHR, so perhaps they can remember what happened exactly.

Neptune needs to be launched harder than the opponent is launching DeathScyther, but seems like whoever wielded Valkryie has a good launch; hard to Burst Neptune with Valkryie.
Well, to be fair, neither @[Ultra], @[Balance Blader] nor myself used NHR (I left mine at home) and we have the strongest launches in London atm. I guess one of us should have used it before we judged it.

And as Serotonin said (and I must have forgot), he and philo had some success with N_R, although they were against defense combos only (don't think they won against stamina nor attack, correct me if wrong). I guess in September, Balance Blader and I must meet up to give these combos a go (since in terms of launch power we are roughly similar) and see.

Oh yeah and we actually had some success with XHR (I clearly remember it doing very well in Deck Rotation Format). No joke. Grin
(Jun. 05, 2016  11:01 PM)Serotonin Wrote: I'm pretty sure I did win a match with NGR ... it was against Chimera, I think, who'd used Wyvern on something? I'm sorry I've forgotten nearly all of my matches already.

Philo also won a match with NGR, in either his first or second match, against some sort of Defense customisation.

(Alternatively it could be that I've conflated the two events ...)

I know this kind of input is not very useful at all without specifics, but I would be happy to use N_R again; like I'd mentioned before, I do think Deathscyther is a little susceptible to bursting, and Neptune provides good insurance against this. My launch is definitely not strong enough to contend with similar Stamina customisations, though.

i think that was my second, bcoz i lose my first match to ~mana~
Here the results of Regional Limited Championship at MTL for Beyday!

Format is Limited!

Winning combinations :

1st(champion): MissingNo.
  • MF-L Burn Cancer 85MF
  • Scythe Cancer W145EWD
  • MSF-H Killerken Ronin/Dark Knight B: D

2nd: Dobby
  • Earth Leone 85EWD/W2D

3rd: loyd87
  • MF-H Sol Virgo 85BSF
  • MF Meteo L-Drago DF105GF
  • MSF-L Girago Dark Knight 85LRF
  • MF-L Duo Darkhelm(Hades) R145RS
  • MSF-L Killerken Dark Knight B: D

Congratulations to the placers!
(Jun. 06, 2016  3:23 PM)loyd87 Wrote: 3rd: loyd87
  • MF-H Sol Virgo 85BSF

emphasis mine

Did you try to repeat the success I had in Standard with a low-track Giga Flat, haha?
Termibeytor 2: Judgement BeyDays - 5/28/16
Roanoke, Virginia, USA - Burst Format

1st: ZachBob
Neptune Gravity Revolve
Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Accel

2nd: Morkad
Deathscyther Heavy Claw

3rd: Angry Face
Victory Valkryie Heavy Xtreme
Deathscyther Gravity Revolve

Termibeytor 2: Tester Tournament - 5/28/16
Roanoke, Virginia, USA - Modified Burst Format (Unranked)

1st: ZachBob
Neptune Gravity Revolve
Deathscyther Gravity Revolve
Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Zephyr
Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Xtreme

2nd: Morkad
Deathscyther Heavy Claw

3rd: Kellin
Unicorn Limited Defense
Trident ___ ___
Ragnaruk Wing Accel
Before the Burst: LA GOES METAL- Winning Combos
1st- Prophet2
Reviser Balro B:D
MF Phantom Orion E230 D/WD
Death LeoneII 85 RDF

2nd- ThaKingTai
Phantom SagittarioII 90 MF

3rd- AwesomwAndrew
Basalt Horogium 145/C145 WD
Reviser Orochi BD145 HF/S
(Jun. 05, 2016  8:28 PM)UltimateOrion Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2016  8:22 PM)Kei Wrote: Specifically Deathscyther Heavy Orbit? Or do you mean Dark Deathscyther? A lot of people have been talking about D2 with Orbit recently, but I haven't seen anyone talk about Deathscyther with Orbit. How did it work out for you?

Yes, Deathscyther Heavy Orbit. I liked it better than Dark Deathscyther because Dark Deathscyther just seemed like it was little inconsistent against Deathscyther Heavy Revolve. Deathscyther also just seemed to be a bit better balanced and had more stamina than Dark Deathscyther had.

It was amazing. It won against a lot of Deathscyther Heavy Revolve and Neptune Heavy Revolve. It also won against Valkyrie Gravity Revolve once.

How was DHO winning against DHR and VGR? By Burst or OS? It seems like Orbit has more raw Stamina than I originally expected if it was outspinning Neptune on Revolve. Haven't played with mine too thoroughly yet but did it have any trouble against non-Revolve Stamina combos?

(Jun. 06, 2016  3:23 PM)loyd87 Wrote: Here the results of Regional Limited Championship at MTL for Beyday!

Format is Limited!

Winning combinations :

1st(champion): MissingNo.
  • MF-L Burn Cancer 85MF
  • Scythe Cancer W145EWD
  • MSF-H Killerken Ronin/Dark Knight B: D

2nd: Dobby
  • Earth Leone 85EWD/W2D

3rd: loyd87
  • MF-H Sol Virgo 85BSF

At first I was surprised that Time didn't place and wondered what happened to him, but looking back now I see several combos that could have beaten his Scythe Staller pretty reliably (and MissingNo. specifically mentions beating his HTSC with DK Killerken). If you used the Meteo GF combo against the Scythe Staller how did the matchup play out? I managed to beat it in January with MF-H Meteo L-Drago S130GCF but have been unable to replicate these results in testing for some reason so I'm especially interested in this.

(Jun. 07, 2016  2:40 AM)ThaKingTai Wrote:
Before the Burst: LA GOES METAL- Winning Combos
1st- Prophet2
Reviser Balro BGrin
MF Phantom Orion E230 D/WD
Death LeoneII 85 RDF

2nd- ThaKingTai
Phantom SagittarioII 90 MF

3rd- AwesomwAndrew
Basalt Horogium 145/C145 WD
Reviser Orochi BD145 HF/S

Nice, someone else used HF/S. What kind of matchups did it have? Any specific strategies used against certain combos? Also I'm liking (what I assume is) that creative anti-Alta combo Prophet2 used.
Are the winning combos for AN posted? Or is it kept secret?
(Jun. 07, 2016  6:22 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Are the winning combos for AN posted? Or is it kept secret?

Nothing from Anime North was posted yet, except the video. All will be revealed for sure, there is no reason to keep anything secret.
(Jun. 07, 2016  5:46 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2016  8:28 PM)UltimateOrion Wrote:

How was DHO winning against DHR and VGR? By Burst or OS? It seems like Orbit has more raw Stamina than I originally expected if it was outspinning Neptune on Revolve. Haven't played with mine too thoroughly yet but did it have any trouble against non-Revolve Stamina combos?

It was winning by OS. It didn't have trouble against any stamina combo. DHO was very consistent too.