SonoKong's new Beyblade replica : TOP PLATE!!

they're all L/R! so it's like hms? also do they all come with l/r launchers?
(Sep. 12, 2013  11:15 PM)Lazer Wrote: they're all L/R! so it's like hms? also do they all come with l/r launchers?

If you read through, you'd know:
That Top Plate ripcords are inserted into the base/bottom of the top.
(I don't mean for this to come off as rude or mean, if it does, my apologies in advance.)
There seems to be a slit for each rotational direction.
I actually really like it for some reason. It does kinda remind me of HMS. I might buy 2, for fun.
Im actually beginning to get interested in this. I might have to get one, just to see about it. I cant afford that stadium though, I'll just use my own. I see they're each 20 bucks, a bit o the expensive side, but I might check it out.
So I was watching Zankye's Unboxing of Thunder Wolf, and he showed something he hadn't before: a (spare?) tip. It attached to the "Spin Core" (bottom), and seemed to be shaped like an R2F, at least from what I saw. Not sure if this "tip" comes with all Top Plates- either way, it's a customization improvement. These things are definitely neat.
Ok, so Im actually getting quite interested in these, and I wanna buy Mortal Shark(cuz I got a thing with sea creature, it looks cool, and my first Bey was Thermal Pisces). However, the price is really putting me off it. To order a single Top Plate from the US, its $20. And to add onto that, they don't come with the tweezers, so that's an added $13. And, if you want the Stadium, the cheapest one Ive found so far is 40 bucks. If you want the packs with the tweezers included, though, its $33, same as a Bey+tweezer separate purchase.
Also, if we are considering testing these, I think we should get some potential problems settled first. For example, due to the fact that players can literally push there Beys into an attack using the tweezers and grab the Bey and replace it in the stadium, it involves more skill form the player(s) than MFB ever did. Thus, it almost requires two players to fairly test unless theyre not aloud to us the grabbers or spring loaded attack. I do hope that it becomes its own form of tournament though, because they seem quite fun.
Bought Mortal Shark with the hand plate & tweezer launcher lol. Should be arriving by Wednesday, so hopefully I'll have an unboxing video up soon.
So the Top Plate I ordered arrived today. Didn't realize before making this video, but just dropping the Top Plate into a stadium is actually a lot more effective than using the hand plate, which is a mild inconvenience lol
Anyway, here's my awkward video of basically reviewing it, & the second link is just attempting Beyblade vs Top Plate battles.
SO getting one of these. The WBO should really add this.
If they add it I can't see why they couldn't just be used in bb-10 without the tweezers.
Because the spin track is so high, it's very easy for it to get off balance even without using the handplate. I don't have the stadium, but I feel like it would be needed for official play, especially since a major part of the game is getting the opponent's Top Plate off-balance with the launcher slider thing. That can't be done in a BB-10.
(Sep. 20, 2013  1:11 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Because the spin track is so high, it's very easy for it to get off balance even without using the handplate. I don't have the stadium, but I feel like it would be needed for official play, especially since a major part of the game is getting the opponent's Top Plate off-balance with the launcher slider thing. That can't be done in a BB-10.

I agree, 100%.

The stadium seems so large, because the gimmick of the Tweezers is to not only hold the Top, but to "hit" it with it, so it goes flying towards the opponent's top. In the BB-10, the Top would most likely self KO.

For official play, I don't know about the hand-plate. I know its like the main gimmick (Top Plate ), but it just seems so unnecessary...
I think people would just find a way to get around the handplate, to be honest. It really is entirely unnecessary, & it would most likely just mess up the flow of the game.
I totally agree 100% lot's of people suspected the plate wouldn't be mandatory... I was one of them Tired
I think that the Top Plate Stadium is just inconvienient. I mean, I understand that the plates would just tip over and stiff, but the bumps and "Attack Zone" is highly unreasonable and absurd.
Maybe Hasbro Stadiums will work instead? lol Also I think that the plate aids in aiming the Bey and giving its launch trajectory, because launching normal wouldn't work as well for such tall and wobbly Beys.
(Sep. 22, 2013  6:42 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Maybe Hasbro Stadiums will work instead? lol Also I think that the plate aids in aiming the Bey and giving its launch trajectory, because launching normal wouldn't work as well for such tall and wobbly Beys.

1. I'd say yes, but with the walls, no one could use the feature of the Tweezers. (Hitting/smashing tops) Tongue_out

2. It depends if you have Tweezers or not. With Tweezers, you can just drop it into the stadium, if not, then it would be hard to use it, either way. The plate can also lead to instant self KO's/misses and unbalance.
I like the idea of the plates, but not the part here you push the bey. That ruins it.
(Sep. 22, 2013  6:51 PM)Bularieleone Wrote: I like the idea of the plates, but not the part here you push the bey. That ruins it.

But at the same time, it adds more uniqueness and "control" to the game.
yeah but it's exactly the same as Battle strikers... wait a second Tornado Battlers+XTS+Battle Strikers= Top Pl,ate XD
(Sep. 22, 2013  6:49 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Sep. 22, 2013  6:42 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Maybe Hasbro Stadiums will work instead? lol Also I think that the plate aids in aiming the Bey and giving its launch trajectory, because launching normal wouldn't work as well for such tall and wobbly Beys.

1. I'd say yes, but with the walls, no one could use the feature of the Tweezers. (Hitting/smashing tops) Tongue_out

2. It depends if you have Tweezers or not. With Tweezers, you can just drop it into the stadium, if not, then it would be hard to use it, either way. The plate can also lead to instant self KO's/misses and unbalance.

This is exactly what gives Top Plate huge potential as a game, that it takes practice to master. With Beyblade, anyone can be a good blader if they have the right parts and combos, but with this, it takes real skill to win battles.
(Sep. 22, 2013  6:58 PM)Lazer Wrote: yeah but it's exactly the same as Battle strikers... wait a second Tornado Battlers+XTS+Battle Strikers= Top Pl,ate XD

Exactly the same...?

Battle Strikers had magnetic finger-controllers, that actually controlled movement.

Top Plate have a feature on the launcher that allow it to be "hit".

Tongue_out

(Sep. 22, 2013  6:59 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote:
(Sep. 22, 2013  6:49 PM)Leone19 Wrote:

This is exactly what gives Top Plate huge potential as a game, that it takes practice to master. With Beyblade, anyone can be a good blader if they have the right parts and combos, but with this, it takes real skill to win battles.

Very, very true.

I honestly hope there is another stadium though, the little grooves/walls are so unnecessary.
If there was one thing I would take out, it would be the plates, I actually like the tweezers and the push thingy. I think I might get the set and some other one for Christmas.
that's not true we've had lot's of arguements on Beyblade based on parts or skill we even have threads about it http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Where-is...game-going http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Tier-Vs-...-Variables
(Sep. 22, 2013  7:03 PM)Lazer Wrote: that's not true we've had lot's of arguements on Beyblade based on parts or skill we even have threads about it http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Where-is...game-going http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Tier-Vs-...-Variables

What is this replying too, me, UGottaCetus or Tri...?

If its to UGottaCetus, I agree with him.
The handplate requires more skill, and adds variety and uniqueness to the game. I think its pretty pointless, but hey.

Being a good blader does depend a lot on the gear/parts you own... Your not going to win with a Thunder Libra.

But, this is the Top Plate thread, not the argument about Beyblade thread- if your going to argue with anyone, just PM.