[Blog]  BeyBase.com – Become a Better Blader (Kei's Beyblade Blog)

[Image: dBFUAsI.png]

I’ve been working on this personal blog project over the past few months and am super excited to announce that it has now launched! If you want to become a better Blader, BeyBase.com is the place for you.

What is BeyBase?

BeyBase is a Beyblade blog dedicated to:

1. Helping Bladers gain a deeper understanding of the game
2. Teaching Bladers how to improve their tournament performance
3. Guiding Bladers through the process of building a local community

With over a decade of experience as both a player and tournament organizer, I plan to do this through Beyblade tournament coverage, competitive analysis, editorials, reviews, resources, guides, and interviews with top players and experienced organizers.

You can read more about my story here.

Latest Articles

(Nov. 06, 2021  4:35 AM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: B3JfRPp.jpg]

Read Now: How Good is Dangerous Belial Almight? (Beyblade Review)

(Oct. 19, 2021  10:31 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: niQuEi2.jpg]

Read Now: How Good Is Prominence Phoenix? (Beyblade Review)

(Sep. 25, 2021  4:23 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: 8t7zLD1.jpg]

Read Now: How Good is B-189 Guilty Longinus Karma Metal Destroy-2? (Beyblade Review)

(Sep. 25, 2021  4:23 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: j3IAkYs.jpg]

Read Now: Has The Savior Blade Made Right-Spin Attack Competitive Again? (Bey Fray Qt Report – Part 3)

(Sep. 10, 2021  3:59 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: 6w8vf2F.jpg]

Read Now: The Top 3 New Beyblade Burst DB Parts For Tournaments (Bey Fray Qt Report – Part 2)

(Sep. 04, 2021  11:00 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: yjaK52l.jpg]

Read Now: 3 Step Guide To Preparing For a Competitive Beyblade Tournament (Bey Fray Qt Report - Part 1)

(Aug. 06, 2021  1:45 AM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: 0ezdtvi.jpg]

Read Now: Does Beyblade Have Too Many Competitive Formats? (WBO Burst Classic Tournament Report)

(Jul. 17, 2021  2:53 AM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: sCrl51y.jpg]

Read Now: How to Prepare for a Competitive Beyblade Burst Tournament (HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 12 Report – Part 1)

[Image: ZmpP0Qm.jpg]

Read Now: What Are The Best Beyblade Burst Dynamite Battle Combos For Tournaments? (HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 12 Report – Part 2)

(Jun. 15, 2021  11:48 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: MeJdYRb.jpg]

Read Now: The Top 5 Best Beyblade Burst Combos of 2021 (Selected by Expert Players & Organizers)

(Jun. 05, 2021  8:16 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: Aio2Fwz.jpg]

Read Now: How Competitive Beyblade Burst Has Evolved From 2019 to 2021

(Apr. 24, 2021  2:53 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: PxUiTpl.jpg]

Read Now: What are the best Beyblade: Metal Fusion combos? (Metal Fight Beyblade)

(Mar. 13, 2021  10:55 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: iRzbCUC.jpg]

Read Now: Top 3 Things You Need to Know About B-177 Jet Wyvern Around Just 1D (Beyblade Burst Sparking Review)

(Feb. 22, 2021  12:48 AM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: ovDeQJz.jpg]

Read Now: What is the Beyblade Metagame? How do I understand it? – #1 Ranked Beyblade Player Answers Your Questions (Part 4)

(Jan. 19, 2021  1:18 AM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: 0c7HhJV.jpg]

Read Now: Top 5 Things You Need to Know About B-174 Beyblade Limit Break DX Set (Beyblade Burst Sparking Review)

(Jan. 14, 2021  6:58 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: WX47ShU.jpg]

Read Now: How Can I Find or Host Beyblade Tournaments? – #1 Ranked Beyblade Player Answers Your Questions (Part 3)

(Dec. 31, 2020  7:54 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: xEgVWdj.jpg]

Read Now: What are the Best Beyblade Burst Parts? – #1 Ranked Beyblade Player Answers Your Questions (Part 2)

(Dec. 15, 2020  7:38 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: ELP3TSC.jpg]

Read Now: What are the Best Beyblades to Buy? – #1 Ranked Beyblade Player Answers Your Questions (Part 1)

(Oct. 26, 2020  11:15 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: vsY9AgA.jpg]

Read Now: Top 5 Things You Need to Know About B-172 World Spriggan Unite’ 2B

(Oct. 05, 2020  7:14 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: dum8K9P.jpg]

Read Now: Are Beyblade Burst Limited and Pick 3, Choose 1 the Best Formats? – WBO Tournament Report

(Sep. 20, 2020  8:24 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: ArsbVRH.jpg]

Read Now: Is Beyblade Burst Sparking’s Tempest Ring Too Powerful? – WBO Tournament Report

(Sep. 10, 2020  4:57 AM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: 1zMsDog.jpg]

Read Now: Has Beyblade Burst Sparking Taken Over Competitive Play? – BE A HIRO Tournament Report

(Jul. 30, 2020  6:54 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: 3wh8sCr.jpg]

Read Now: Is Variant Lucifer the best Beyblade Burst defense type?

(Jul. 03, 2020  1:00 AM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: rVAwIg9.jpg]

Read Now: Where should the “play area” of a Beyblade stadium begin and end? (Extended Play Area vs. Penalty Area)

(Jun. 05, 2020  10:11 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: E7XnyN2.jpg]

Read Now: The Top 5 Best Beyblade Burst Combos (Selected by Expert Players & Organizers)

Why did you create BeyBase?

For years, I have enjoyed writing tournament reports on worldbeyblade.org, but as my library of content has grown I realized that I needed a better platform to manage it all and something which I could both promote and grow independently of the WBO. I felt like I needed a space which was entirely my own.

The WBO itself is a community which has its own important vision that I will continue to advocate for and I felt that BeyBase needed to exist independently of it.

It was also really annoying to see that images were eventually becoming broken on some of my old reports due to them needing to be uploaded to an external image host (imgur) ...

Check out my first three articles!

[Image: SBLSCDv.jpg]

1. Review: Is Imperial Dragon the best Beyblade Burst attack type?

[Image: RmNHqCs.jpg]

2. Report: What is the best way to play Beyblade? (WBBA 3on3 Battle Format vs. WBO Deck Format)

[Image: HAPMypQ.jpg]

3. Interview: Beyblade Youtuber & Organizer JoJo [Jp0t] on Joining and Building a Beyblade Community, the Metagame, and More

With these initial articles, I’ve tried to give a well-rounded taste for some of the different types of content you can expect to see more of moving forward. But as mentioned above, I would like to produce valuable resources and guides in the future as well.

How often will you publish?

This project is in its infancy so I am still in the process of testing, planning out ideas, and figuring out what will be feasible in the long run, but to start, I’m aiming to publish one article every month.

It’s important to me that the quality of the content and value to Beyblade fans is high. I’d like to make sure that the articles I publish are detailed, so please look forward to it!

BeyBase is the type of Beyblade website I’ve thought should exist for some time now, so I believe that there is great potential here for it to become something unique and valuable to the Beyblade community. I am looking forward to hearing any feedback from you guys!

Visit BeyBase.com! Feedback is welcome!

What do you think of the website? Is there anything you’d like to see more of or that doesn’t exist yet on the site?

Thats amazing, I hope your site goes very well.
Congrats Kei! Really like the layout of the site and the content on the blogs are very informative!
Awesome! I’m definitely gonna check this out!
Wow, this is just what I needed!
Great work Kei, this will help a lot of Bladers.
This is awesome, Kei Smile Props to you for putting the effort into starting up your own site - I've already subscribed! Curious why you chose the name BeyBase?
lilphilyb originalzankye UltimateMaster ReekoBlader g2_ HakaishinLDrago

Thank you, everyone! Once you've had a chance to take a look, feel free to send me any feedback! I'd love to hear if you think of the articles, if there's anything that could be improved, or if there's anything specifically you'd like to see me write about. I have a lot of ideas, but feedback from community members would be very helpful too.

(Dec. 16, 2019  4:23 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: This is awesome, Kei Smile Props to you for putting the effort into starting up your own site - I've already subscribed! Curious why you chose the name BeyBase?

Thank you! I appreciate it!

As for the name, there was a number of reasons

- I wanted something which suggested "Beyblade" but didn't say it explicitly.
- I started with the plastic generation, so connection with the "Blade Base" came to mind. The Blade Base is kind of like the foundation of a Beyblade, and I wanted this website to be something which could  help Bladers become better players and community organizers.
- The word "Base" itself is closely related to "support",  "the fundamental part of something", and "the starting point or line for an action or undertaking", all of which are things I hope for BeyBase to be. In the future I want to produce guides and resources not only for experienced players/organizers, but also for people just starting with competitive Beyblade or with starting a local community, so this aspect will hopefully become more evident over time.
- The abbreviation for "BeyBase" is "BB", the same as people often sometimes use for Beyblade, so I thought it was a good fit for that reason. The alliteration is also nice!
I'm definitely gonna check this out sooner or later!
bey base should have tutorial videos on how to improve your Beyblade skills and how to make the perfect combos with your parts

U should also right newly released beys and post all the burst series prices and where to buy for the cheapest price, you should also write what you have for sale *-*
(Dec. 18, 2019  2:16 AM)StrikersThunder Wrote: bey base should have tutorial videos on how to improve your Beyblade skills and how to make the perfect combos with your parts

U should also right newly released beys and post all the burst series prices and where to buy for the cheapest price, you should also write what you have for sale *-*

They don’t sell stuff. Where did you get that idea from?
I'll definitely check it out, it sounds really cool!

I read your IDr article and wow! It was very awesome, well-formed, and well-written.
(Dec. 16, 2019  4:49 AM)Kei Wrote: lilphilyb originalzankye UltimateMaster ReekoBlader g2_ HakaishinLDrago

Thank you, everyone! Once you've had a chance to take a look, feel free to send me any feedback! I'd love to hear if you think of the articles, if there's anything that could be improved, or if there's anything specifically you'd like to see me write about. I have a lot of ideas, but feedback from community members would be very helpful too.

(Dec. 16, 2019  4:23 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: This is awesome, Kei Smile Props to you for putting the effort into starting up your own site - I've already subscribed! Curious why you chose the name BeyBase?

Thank you! I appreciate it!

As for the name, there was a number of reasons

- I wanted something which suggested "Beyblade" but didn't say it explicitly.
- I started with the plastic generation, so connection with the "Blade Base" came to mind. The Blade Base is kind of like the foundation of a Beyblade, and I wanted this website to be something which could  help Bladers become better players and community organizers.
- The word "Base" itself is closely related to "support",  "the fundamental part of something", and "the starting point or line for an action or undertaking", all of which are things I hope for BeyBase to be. In the future I want to produce guides and resources not only for experienced players/organizers, but also for people just starting with competitive Beyblade or with starting a local community, so this aspect will hopefully become more evident over time.
- The abbreviation for "BeyBase" is "BB", the same as people often sometimes use for Beyblade, so I thought it was a good fit for that reason. The alliteration is also nice!

bey base should have tutorial videos on how to improve your Beyblade skills and how to make the perfect combos with your parts

[Image: egJsYMk.jpg]

Hey guys! I'm happy to announce that my latest post for BeyBase has now been published:

Read Now: Top Lessons from 2019’s Most Competitive Beyblade Tournament (and How to Improve as a Player/Organizer)

This post acts as my tournament report for Beyblade West, which was certainly the most competitive Beyblade tournament of 2019 in my eyes! At least on the WBO.

If you’re interested in learning more about:

1. How I prepared for this event
2. How it was managed
3. What the metagame was like in one of the first events after the release of Imperial Dragon
4. What the winning combinations were
5. My key takeaways for the future

Check out the post now and leave a comment to let me know what you think!

If you like it, I would also really appreciate if you share the post with any of your friends who are into playing Beyblade competitively.

(Dec. 21, 2019  3:15 PM)StrikersThunder Wrote: bey base should have tutorial videos on how to improve your Beyblade skills and how to make the perfect combos with your parts

I'd certainly like to do some of these things! In particular educational articles/videos about Beyblade and reviews for new Beyblades. However, I unfortunately only have so much time available to dedicate to creating this type of content, so I can't do it all at once unfortunately!
(Dec. 16, 2019  1:34 AM)Kei Wrote: [Image: dBFUAsI.png]

I’ve been working on this personal blog project over the past few months and am super excited to announce that it has now launched! If you want to become a better Blader, BeyBase.com is the place for you.

What is BeyBase?

BeyBase is a Beyblade blog dedicated to:

1. Helping Bladers gain a deeper understanding of the game
2. Teaching Bladers how to improve their tournament performance
3. Guiding Bladers through the process of building a local community

With over a decade of experience as both a player and tournament organizer, I plan to do this through Beyblade tournament coverage, competitive analysis, editorials, reviews, resources, guides, and interviews with top players and experienced organizers.

You can read more about my story here.

Why did you create BeyBase?

For years, I have enjoyed writing tournament reports on worldbeyblade.org, but as my library of content has grown I realized that I needed a better platform to manage it all and something which I could both promote and grow independently of the WBO. I felt like I needed a space which was entirely my own.

The WBO itself is a community which has its own important vision that I will continue to advocate for and I felt that BeyBase needed to exist independently of it.

It was also really annoying to see that images were eventually becoming broken on some of my old reports due to them needing to be uploaded to an external image host (imgur) ...

Check out my first three articles!

[Image: SBLSCDv.jpg]

1. Review: Is Imperial Dragon the best Beyblade Burst attack type?

[Image: RmNHqCs.jpg]

2. Report: What is the best way to play Beyblade? (WBBA 3on3 Battle Format vs. WBO Deck Format)

[Image: HAPMypQ.jpg]

3. Interview: Beyblade Youtuber & Organizer JoJo [Jp0t] on Joining and Building a Beyblade Community, the Metagame, and More

With these initial articles, I’ve tried to give a well-rounded taste for some of the different types of content you can expect to see more of moving forward. But as mentioned above, I would like to produce valuable resources and guides in the future as well.

How often will you publish?

This project is in its infancy so I am still in the process of testing, planning out ideas, and figuring out what will be feasible in the long run, but to start, I’m aiming to publish one article every month.

It’s important to me that the quality of the content and value to Beyblade fans is high. I’d like to make sure that the articles I publish are detailed, so please look forward to it!

BeyBase is the type of Beyblade website I’ve thought should exist for some time now, so I believe that there is great potential here for it to become something unique and valuable to the Beyblade community. I am looking forward to hearing any feedback from you guys!

Visit BeyBase.com! Feedback is welcome!

What do you think of the website? Is there anything you’d like to see more of or that doesn’t exist yet on the site?

The tournament tips helped me a lot,thx!
[Image: gsvv25F.jpg]

Hi everyone! It’s been a while, but I’m happy to announce that my latest post for BeyBase has now been published:

Read Now: Beyblade in Japan 2020: In-Depth Report & Honest Reflection on Beyblade

This post acts as an in-depth report primarily for my recent 11 week trip to Japan and all of my Beyblade-related experiences on the trip.

However, I also contextualize it with some commentary on my experience with the game and community over the past few years.

Check out the post now and leave a comment to let me know what you think!

If you know anyone else who’s interested in Beyblade competitively, how the game is played in Japan, and who might be struggling right now with the lack of tournaments, please feel free to share it with them.
I just read your Japan trip report (the most recent one) and I thought it was amazing!

And Kei, you weren’t kidding when you said in depth lol
Very awesome, i read the IDr review and the Japan Report and WOW you explained everything better than I ever could
(Apr. 23, 2020  8:12 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I just read your Japan trip report (the most recent one) and I thought it was amazing!

And Kei, you weren’t kidding when you said in depth lol

Thanks! And yeah, it took a long time for me to write and put together. Smile

(Apr. 23, 2020  8:26 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Very awesome, i read the IDr review and the Japan Report and WOW you explained everything better than I ever could

Thank you!
[Image: Nbg3cC8.jpg]

Hi everyone! Recently, I published another new article for BeyBase:

Read Now: Redefining “Play Area” & “Knocked-Out” in Beyblade (And How This Changes The Game)

This article originally began as a new response to the “Consideration for rules update – Knockouts”.

The debate about our existing ruling on knock-outs has been ongoing for sometime. It's something I have been wanting to address and finally settle.

In this article, I propose new definitions for what the "play area" actually is alongside a new definition for "knocked-out". These are two fundamental and intertwined concepts in Beyblade that deserve to be deeply considered.

Check out the post now and leave a comment on the article or above thread to let me know what you think!

If you enjoyed reading this article, please also feel free to share it with any of your friends who are into playing Beyblade competitively or judging matches at tournaments.
(May. 10, 2020  4:20 AM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: Nbg3cC8.jpg]

Read Now: Redefining “Play Area” & “Knocked-Out” in Beyblade (And How This Changes The Game)

This article originally began as a new response to the “Consideration for rules update – Knockouts”.

The debate about our existing ruling on knock-outs has been ongoing for sometime. It's something I have been wanting to address and finally settle.

In this article, I propose new definitions for what the "play area" actually is alongside a new definition for "knocked-out". These are two fundamental and intertwined concepts in Beyblade that deserve to be deeply considered.

Check out the post now and leave a comment on the article or above thread to let me know what you think!

If you enjoyed reading this article, please also feel free to share it with any of your friends who are into playing Beyblade competitively or judging matches at tournaments.

Great article! I am definitely sharing this with my friends!
[Image: E7XnyN2.jpg]

Read Now: The Top 5 Best Beyblade Burst Combos (Selected by Expert Players & Organizers)

With tournaments currently suspended, it seemed like a unique opportunity to take step back and evaluate how Beyblade Burst has evolved in the competitive scene over the past five years.

I trace the history of the metagame and then focus on what the top five Beyblade Burst combos were for 2019 up until March when tournaments were suspended.

To compile I list I used not only my own opinion, but surveyed top WBO players and organizers and analyzed the WBO’s winning combinations data.

Finally, I end with predictions about what is in store for us once tournaments resume now that Beyblade Burst Sparking has been released.

Check out the post now and leave a comment on the article with what your top five Beyblade Burst combos are! I’d love to hear from you.

If you enjoyed reading this article, sign up for the BeyBase Newsletter if you’re interested in being the first to know whenever I publish a new article! I always notify subscribers a day or two before posting about new articles elsewhere.

Huge thank you to RED NINJA 0829, Shindog, LazerBeamz, Ardmore Bladers, and The Supreme One for contributing. Thank you as well to JoJo [Jp0t] and originalzankye for their video contributions! There is a few more to come from other Youtubers. I'll post them when they're ready. Smile
Great article Kei! Very interesting to see what people consider their top 5. I'm surprised I wasn't asked to help in my spare time I like to test a lot of combos. Sure my rank is 29 compared to everyone else who is somewhere above 20 in the rankings though late 2019-2020 was very good for me competitive wise though tbh I have no problem with your choice lol. Again a very great article if you ever do something with people contributing again I might be able to help.