[Blog]  BeyBase.com – Become a Better Blader (Kei's Beyblade Blog)

(Oct. 05, 2020  7:14 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: dum8K9P.jpg]

Hi everyone! My tournament report for the recent Toronto event “Justin Thunder Cloud’s Skateboarding Adventure” is now published on BeyBase:

Read Now: Are Beyblade Burst Limited and Pick 3, Choose 1 the Best Formats? – WBO Tournament Report

We played using the experimental Beyblade Burst Limited format, and used the Pick 3, Choose 1 battle format for the first stage. But are improvements needed to their rules? Read my report to find out more.

(Sep. 21, 2020  1:59 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote: Kei Would you mind doing :Finding a good Balance Driver

Could you elaborate on what you mean by this? You mean a "Balance" type Driver? Or a Driver which is more stable/balanced physically?

(Sep. 24, 2020  4:52 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Hey Keisters, I saw your latest article great job, but I have a question. I saw you popular combo list for the tempest ring. and I saw that people used Tempest Lucifer Wheel Xtend Plus 1S. Any idea why people would use 1S if they know there are lots of powerful attack type combos out there?

Thanks! TLc.Wh.Xt+ 1S can certainly be defeated by attack types, but even so this combo still has a decent amount of defense against some attackers, especially if your opponent is not skilled. And at least for me, my combination of Wheel 1S is actually heavier than using something like 2A, while also providing better Life After Death potential.
Yeah that’s true, wheel and 1S is heavier and has more lad and stamina than 2A, and I guess 1S isn’t too bad, I guess it’s just bad on layers like glide but on layers like mirage, Tempest, Brave, etc.. it’s pretty tight.
[Image: vsY9AgA.jpg]

Hi everyone! My review of B-172 World Spriggan Unite’ 2B is now published on BeyBase:

Read Now: Top 5 Things You Need to Know About B-172 World Spriggan Unite’ 2B

I cover each of the parts in detail, offer my recommended combo, and also dive a bit into Takara-Tomy’s latest trend of emphasizing the height of Drivers more in Beyblade Burst.

Check out the post now and comment to let me know what you guys think of this new release! I’d love to hear what combos you guys have been using with it.
(Oct. 26, 2020  11:15 PM)Kei Wrote:

Hi everyone! My review of B-172 World Spriggan Unite’ 2B is now published on BeyBase:

I cover each of the parts in detail, offer my recommended combo, and also dive a bit into Takara-Tomy’s latest trend of emphasizing the height of Drivers more in Beyblade Burst.

Check out the post now and comment to let me know what you guys think of this new release! I’d love to hear what combos you guys have been using with it.
So let me get this straight
World is better for opposite spin stamina then Tempest, but a bit worse in same spin. It’s burst stoppers are less effective than Lords and Cho-Zs and it’s chassis is better for LAD when awakened. That all? And I read the article nice job. I’ve done testing a to see if hybrid could out spin opposite spin extend plus and stuff but it never worked for me. I guess it might be because I don’t have world spriggan, or Tempest dragon, or master Devolos, or any good lad bey besides maybe glide.
(Oct. 26, 2020  11:15 PM)Kei Wrote:

Nice article Kei, I love that you have taken to use of the Rise driver. I remember when I saw that it worked well on wall then found out on Paradox. I prefer that world is flawed in several ways much more than lord was when it was released. It makes it feel there’s an actual risk to using it. I’ll definitely be picking up World once I have the money (I think fall, the dumb amount of trees where I live and no one wanting to rake it them themselves will help)
(Oct. 26, 2020  11:19 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2020  11:15 PM)Kei Wrote: Read Now: Top 5 Things You Need to Know About B-172 World Spriggan Unite’ 2B
So let me get this straight
World is better for opposite spin stamina then Tempest, but a bit worse in same spin. It’s burst stoppers are less effective than Lords and Cho-Zs and it’s chassis is better for LAD when awakened. That all? And I read the article nice job. I’ve done testing a to see if hybrid could out spin opposite spin extend plus and stuff but it never worked for me. I guess it might be because I don’t have world spriggan, or Tempest dragon, or master Devolos, or any good lad bey besides maybe glide.

Thank you for reading!

If you want to simplify it, those are some of the main points, yes! The point about opposite spin stamina does depend on the setup, though.

I haven't tried Hybrid for opposite spin, but with Ignition' it helps a lot if your tip is worn down. Gives you a chance to OS Xt+.

(Oct. 27, 2020  12:05 AM)henwooja1 Wrote: Nice article Kei, I love that you have taken to use of the Rise driver. I remember when I saw that it worked well on wall then found out on Paradox. I prefer that world is flawed in several ways much more than lord was when it was released. It makes it feel there’s an actual risk to using it. I’ll definitely be picking up World once I have the money (I think fall, the dumb amount of trees where I live and no one wanting to rake it them themselves will help)

Yes, more people should try Rise! Maybe Mobius could be even better depending on the quality of your Mobius, the wear on it, and the matchup, but Rise performed the best on WSp in the combo I recommended in the testing that I did. Definitely worth experimenting with.

And yeah, I much prefer World from a gameplay balance perspective than I do Lord. It's a better design in that respect. Has both strengths and weaknesses.
Hey Kei, so your blog is cool and I wanted to ask you something. I just started a YouTube channel about 2 months ago and I wanted to get your permission on something since this is your site. So every time you publish an article, I wanted to ask if I could review it and tell everyone what you said and give my thoughts and agreements and stuff on it as well. If I do get your permission to do this, I won’t take credit for making the blog obviously, I’ll say you made it and tell the viewers to go check your beyblade site out, but reviewing your articles seemed like a fun thing to do and it would also help many people around the world competitively and increase their knowledge as a blader. So if you are ok with it, could I do this?

(Oct. 27, 2020  11:42 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2020  11:19 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: So let me get this straight

Thank you for reading!

If you want to simplify it, those are some of the main points, yes! The point about opposite spin stamina does depend on the setup, though.

I haven't tried Hybrid for opposite spin, but with Ignition' it helps a lot if your tip is worn down. Gives you a chance to OS Xt+.

(Oct. 27, 2020  12:05 AM)henwooja1 Wrote: Nice article Kei, I love that you have taken to use of the Rise driver. I remember when I saw that it worked well on wall then found out on Paradox. I prefer that world is flawed in several ways much more than lord was when it was released. It makes it feel there’s an actual risk to using it. I’ll definitely be picking up World once I have the money (I think fall, the dumb amount of trees where I live and no one wanting to rake it them themselves will help)

Yes, more people should try Rise! Maybe Mobius could be even better depending on the quality of your Mobius, the wear on it, and the matchup, but Rise performed the best on WSp in the combo I recommended in the testing that I did. Definitely worth experimenting with.

And yeah, I much prefer World from a gameplay balance perspective than I do Lord. It's a better design in that respect. Has both strengths and weaknesses.
[font="Titillium Web", sans-serif][font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Hey Kei, so your blog is cool and I wanted to ask you something. I just started a YouTube channel about 2 months ago and I wanted to get your permission on something since this is your site. So every time you publish an article, I wanted to ask if I could review it and tell everyone what you said and give my thoughts and agreements and stuff on it as well. If I do get your permission to do this, I won’t take credit for making the blog obviously, I’ll say you made it and tell the viewers to go check your beyblade site out, but reviewing your articles seemed like a fun thing to do and it would also help many people around the world competitively and increase their knowledge as a blader. So if you are ok with it, could I do this?[/font][/font]

[font="Titillium Web", sans-serif]
[url=https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Blog-BeyBase-com-%E2%80%93-Become-a-Better-Blader-Kei-s-Beyblade-Blog?page=4#][/url][/font]
(Oct. 28, 2020  5:42 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Hey Kei, so your blog is cool and I wanted to ask you something. I just started a YouTube channel about 2 months ago and I wanted to get your permission on something since this is your site. So every time you publish an article, I wanted to ask if I could review it and tell everyone what you said and give my thoughts and agreements and stuff on it as well. If I do get your permission to do this, I won’t take credit for making the blog obviously, I’ll say you made it and tell the viewers to go check your beyblade site out, but reviewing your articles seemed like a fun thing to do and it would also help many people around the world competitively and increase their knowledge as a blader. So if you are ok with it, could I do this?

Of course, you're welcome to do that! Just make sure to include a link to the original post at the top of your video description and encourage people to visit it. I'd also just ask that you don't show the entire article or read it verbatim. Maybe just pull out specific quotes or show certain sections and add your opinion.

Thanks for asking!
I would be interested in helping in a MFB sector, or helping write other articles.
(Nov. 01, 2020  12:20 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2020  5:42 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Hey Kei, so your blog is cool and I wanted to ask you something. I just started a YouTube channel about 2 months ago and I wanted to get your permission on something since this is your site. So every time you publish an article, I wanted to ask if I could review it and tell everyone what you said and give my thoughts and agreements and stuff on it as well. If I do get your permission to do this, I won’t take credit for making the blog obviously, I’ll say you made it and tell the viewers to go check your beyblade site out, but reviewing your articles seemed like a fun thing to do and it would also help many people around the world competitively and increase their knowledge as a blader. So if you are ok with it, could I do this?

Of course, you're welcome to do that! Just make sure to include a link to the original post at the top of your video description and encourage people to visit it. I'd also just ask that you don't show the entire article or read it verbatim. Maybe just pull out specific quotes or show certain sections and add your opinion.

Thanks for asking!
I will definitely include the link in the title and encourage the viewers to visit your website. But by not reading the whole article, would summarizing each section be ok? Like I won’t show the article except for the title picture, and I’ll create a google doc summarizing each of your sections, would that be ok with you?
(Nov. 01, 2020  4:00 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I would be interested in helping in a MFB sector, or helping write other articles.

This is something I've definitely considered (covering other series and having additional writers), but I'm not sure I am at the stage where I'm ready to do that yet. However, if you have any examples of your writing (ideally articles or blog posts), feel free to PM them to me and I will keep it in mind. Thanks for offering!

(Nov. 01, 2020  4:01 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I will definitely include the link in the title and encourage the viewers to visit your website. But by not reading the whole article, would summarizing each section be ok? Like I won’t show the article except for the title picture, and I’ll create a google doc summarizing each of your sections, would that be ok with you?

Summarizing each section should be OK.
(Nov. 02, 2020  4:31 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2020  4:00 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I would be interested in helping in a MFB sector, or helping write other articles.

This is something I've definitely considered (covering other series and having additional writers), but I'm not sure I am at the stage where I'm ready to do that yet. However, if you have any examples of your writing (ideally articles or blog posts), feel free to PM them to me and I will keep it in mind. Thanks for offering!

(Nov. 01, 2020  4:01 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I will definitely include the link in the title and encourage the viewers to visit your website. But by not reading the whole article, would summarizing each section be ok? Like I won’t show the article except for the title picture, and I’ll create a google doc summarizing each of your sections, would that be ok with you?

Summarizing each section should be OK.
Ok, will do.
Kei I sent you an introduction for Meteo L-drago. I will send you more drafts tomorrow.
[Image: ELP3TSC.jpg]

Hi everyone! Today marks the first anniversary of my blog, BeyBase.com!

To celebrate and thank everyone for their support this past year, I sent out a call for questions from my newsletter subscribers.

I tried to answer as many of them as possible and ended up turning it into a multi-part series, beginning with this article covering questions related to "What are the Best Beyblades to Buy?”.

Read Now: What are the Best Beyblades to Buy? – #1 Ranked Beyblade Player Answers Your Questions (Part 1)

Check out the post now and comment to let me know what you guys think of this new style of article! I’d love to hear from you.
[Image: xEgVWdj.jpg]

Hi everyone! I’ve just published the second part in my Q&A series focused questions I received from my newsletter subscribers about specific Beyblade Burst parts.

Read Now: What are the Best Beyblade Burst Parts? – #1 Ranked Beyblade Player Answers Your Questions (Part 2)

Check out the post now and comment to let me know what you guys think of this new style of article! I’d love to hear from you.
(Dec. 31, 2020  7:54 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: xEgVWdj.jpg]

Hi everyone! I’ve just published the second part in my Q&A series focused questions I received from my newsletter subscribers about specific Beyblade Burst parts.

Read Now: What are the Best Beyblade Burst Parts? – #1 Ranked Beyblade Player Answers Your Questions (Part 2)

Nice article Kei! Thanks for answering my questions on Hold' and Trans'! 
Also if you are ever looking for more writers you could possibly ask me Wink.
(Jan. 01, 2021  1:49 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Nice article Kei! Thanks for answering my questions on Hold' and Trans'! 
Also if you are ever looking for more writers you could possibly ask me Wink.

You're welcome! Thank you for reading and taking the time to submit a question. Smile

If you have any ideas for articles, feel free to e-mail me them and any examples of your writing and I'll let you know if I think it's a fit. Still not sure I'm at the point where I'm ready to bring on guest writers, but I'm definitely interested in exploring the possibility.
[Image: WX47ShU.jpg]

Hi everyone! Recently, I published the third part in my Q&A series on BeyBase. This time, I focus on questions about finding and hosting Beyblade tournaments. If you're interested in attending events or building a community, this article might be helpful for you.

Read Now: How Can I Find or Host Beyblade Tournaments? – #1 Ranked Beyblade Player Answers Your Questions (Part 3)

Check out the post now and comment to let me know what you guys think!
(Jan. 14, 2021  6:58 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: WX47ShU.jpg]

Hi everyone! Recently, I published the third part in my Q&A series on BeyBase. This time, I focus on questions about finding and hosting Beyblade tournaments. If you're interested in attending events or building a community, this article might be helpful for you.

Read Now: How Can I Find or Host Beyblade Tournaments? – #1 Ranked Beyblade Player Answers Your Questions (Part 3)

This is honestly one of my favorite articles, but I don't know, over here where I live there is like Not enough competitive bladers on WBO to host tournaments with, mainly lots of them are on different sites, what then?
(Jun. 05, 2020  10:11 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: E7XnyN2.jpg]

Hi everyone! Recently, I published another new article for BeyBase:

Read Now: The Top 5 Best Beyblade Burst Combos (Selected by Expert Players & Organizers)

With tournaments currently suspended, it seemed like a unique opportunity to take step back and evaluate how Beyblade Burst has evolved in the competitive scene over the past five years.

I trace the history of the metagame and then focus on what the top five Beyblade Burst combos were for 2019 up until March when tournaments were suspended.

To compile I list I used not only my own opinion, but surveyed top WBO players and organizers and analyzed the WBO’s winning combinations data.

Finally, I end with predictions about what is in store for us once tournaments resume now that Beyblade Burst Sparking has been released.

Check out the post now and leave a comment on the article with what your top five Beyblade Burst combos are! I’d love to hear from you.

If you enjoyed reading this article, sign up for the BeyBase Newsletter if you’re interested in being the first to know whenever I publish a new article! I always notify subscribers a day or two before posting about new articles elsewhere.

Huge thank you to RED NINJA 0829, Shindog, LazerBeamz, Ardmore Bladers, and The Supreme One for contributing. Thank you as well to JoJo [Jp0t] and originalzankye for their video contributions! There is a few more to come from other Youtubers. I'll post them when they're ready. Smile
I read that article. It gave me a lot of combo ideas!
(Jan. 15, 2021  9:26 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: This is honestly one of my favorite articles, but I don't know, over here where I live there is like Not enough competitive bladers on WBO to host tournaments with, mainly lots of them are on different sites, what then?

As I talked about in my article, you need to take the initiative to make something happen! Start small. Reach out to both people who like Beyblade in your area and those who don't. You only need a few people to get started. If you don't have any people who are interested in Beyblade competitively in your area, then it will first be your job to try and educate them. It's not easy, but it's possible.

Then, once you have a few core members of your local community you can think about all of the different tactics available to try and grow your it and consistently host events.
(Jan. 15, 2021  8:05 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  9:26 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: This is honestly one of my favorite articles, but I don't know, over here where I live there is like Not enough competitive bladers on WBO to host tournaments with, mainly lots of them are on different sites, what then?

As I talked about in my article, you need to take the initiative to make something happen! Start small. Reach out to both people who like Beyblade in your area and those who don't. You only need a few people to get started. If you don't have any people who are interested in Beyblade competitively in your area, then it will first be your job to try and educate them. It's not easy, but it's possible.

Then, once you have a few core members of your local community you can think about all of the different tactics available to try and grow your it and consistently host events.

I've tried that but it's hard. I'm still trying though.
[Image: 0c7HhJV.jpg]

Hi everyone! Just published my review of the B-174 Beyblade Limit Break DX Set the other day. In it, I cover the top five things you need to know from a review of the two included Beyblades–Hyperion Burn and Helios Volcano–to the launchers and stadium.

If you have been wondering whether it's worth it for you to buy this set, this article might be helpful for you!

Read Now: Top 5 Things You Need to Know About B-174 Beyblade Limit Break DX Set (Beyblade Burst Sparking Review)

(Jan. 19, 2021  1:18 AM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: 0c7HhJV.jpg]

Hi everyone! Just published my review of the B-174 Beyblade Limit Break DX Set the other day. In it, I cover the top five things you need to know from a review of the two included Beyblades–Hyperion Burn and Helios Volcano–to the launchers and stadium.

If you have been wondering whether it's worth it for you to buy this set, this article might be helpful for you!

Read Now: Top 5 Things You Need to Know About B-174 Beyblade Limit Break DX Set (Beyblade Burst Sparking Review)

Hey Kei, Have you ever tried Helios Volcano Ou Keep' as a Rage-on-Xtreme' Counter? You mentioned that Volcano has Horrible defence, yet for me this Keep' combo has incredible stopping power against Rage on Xtreme'. Admittedly it doesn't have much use elsewhere, but Rage on Xtreme' is such a big player, I think it's worth noting
Wow this is really cool!
(Jan. 19, 2021  7:53 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Hey Kei, Have you ever tried Helios Volcano Ou Keep' as a Rage-on-Xtreme' Counter? You mentioned that Volcano has Horrible defence, yet for me this Keep' combo has incredible stopping power against Rage on Xtreme'. Admittedly it doesn't have much use elsewhere, but Rage on Xtreme' is such a big player, I think it's worth noting

I didn't try Keep' with it, no. I'm not surprised it helps; Keep' can be good for that kind of thing! But you're right that Keep' is a bit niche, so you really have to pick your spots if you plan to use it in a tournament. In any case, I'll keep it in mind to try out sometime!