[Blog]  BeyBase.com – Become a Better Blader (Kei's Beyblade Blog)

(Jun. 07, 2021  12:42 AM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2021  12:36 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: I see. I now prefer Never as it doesn't have that pesky Driver wear and does have some chance in same spin.
Given the correct set-up it can OS something like World Solomon Atomic/Orbit Metal 2B tho it is very close.
Never also has better defence in my opinion due to the second layer of contact when being knocked about

This is true, but if you are facing off against a little kid that uses never, and you use your World Solomon Atomic/Orbit Metal combo, you will win due to launch power difference if you are on the same spin. My point is, if your launch power is higher on same spin, you will probably win.

Agreed, I'm just saying if the opponent isn't as Powerful as you Never has a decent chance compared to Xt+, and Never also conserves stamina in the centre easier so the chances are greatly increased
(Jun. 08, 2021  1:55 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2021  12:42 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: This is true, but if you are facing off against a little kid that uses never, and you use your World Solomon Atomic/Orbit Metal combo, you will win due to launch power difference if you are on the same spin. My point is, if your launch power is higher on same spin, you will probably win.

Agreed, I'm just saying if the opponent isn't as Powerful as you Never has a decent chance compared to Xt+, and Never also conserves stamina in the centre easier so the chances are greatly increased

Yes, I was by no means disagreeing with you. I was just adding.
(Jan. 14, 2021  6:58 PM)Kei Wrote:
[Image: WX47ShU.jpg]

Hi everyone! Recently, I published the third part in my Q&A series on BeyBase. This time, I focus on questions about finding and hosting Beyblade tournaments. If you're interested in attending events or building a community, this article might be helpful for you.

Read Now: How Can I Find or Host Beyblade Tournaments? – #1 Ranked Beyblade Player Answers Your Questions (Part 3)

Check out the post now and comment to let me know what you guys think!

Thx I really needed this since I'm planning on becoming an organizer soon so this was really helpful thx bro
(Jun. 08, 2021  3:49 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: Thx I really needed this since I'm planning on becoming an organizer soon so this was really helpful thx bro

You're welcome! Really glad to hear that. Good luck!
Been a while read this blog, need more articles! Thank you for making this blog.
[Image: MeJdYRb.jpg]

Hi everyone! Over the past few months I've done countless hours of testing, interviewing top players, and analyzing tournament data to figure out specifically what the best Beyblade Burst combos of 2021 are.

Today, I'm happy to share what I've found!

Whether you’re looking for the strongest combos to defeat your friends with in friendly battles or you want to win competitive Beyblade tournaments, this article is a great starting point to understanding not only what the best combos are, but why they are good.

Read Now: The Top 5 Best Beyblade Burst Combos of 2021 (Selected by Expert Players & Organizers)

Check out the post now and comment to let me know what you guys think! I’d love to hear from you.

Thanks to Shindog, Cscramon, and froztz for their contributions to this article! Stay tuned for the next part where I dive in to our personal top five lists and more.
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:48 PM)Kei Wrote:

Hi everyone! Over the past few months I've done countless hours of testing, interviewing top players, and analyzing tournament data to figure out specifically what the best Beyblade Burst combos of 2021 are.

Whether you’re looking for the strongest combos to defeat your friends with in friendly battles or you want to win competitive Beyblade tournaments, this article is a great starting point to understanding not only what the best combos are, but why they are good.

Read Now: The Top 5 Best Beyblade Burst Combos of 2021 (Selected by Expert Players & Organizers)

Check out the post now and comment to let me know what you guys think! I’d love to hear from you.

Thanks to Shindog, Cscramon, and froztz for their contributions to this article! Stay tuned for the next part where I dive in to our personal top five lists and more.

Wow Kei this is really good I'm planning on getting Rage because I feel like Dynamite Belial Nexus Destroy' will be a really good combo!!
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:51 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote:

Wow Kei this is really good I'm planning on getting Rage because I feel like Dynamite Belial Nexus Destroy' will be a really good combo!!

Wouldn't Count on it, Nexus has terrible LAD
(Jun. 16, 2021  12:37 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:51 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: Wow Kei this is really good I'm planning on getting Rage because I feel like Dynamite Belial Nexus Destroy' will be a really good combo!!

Wouldn't Count on it, Nexus has terrible LAD

Giga then

Another Great Article! However I was slightly disappointed by the lack of variety included and also a lack of same spin combos. Mirage Brave and Hollow were all definitely competitive
(Jun. 16, 2021  1:13 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Another Great Article! However I was slightly disappointed by the lack of variety included and also a lack of same spin combos. Mirage Brave and Hollow were all definitely competitive

So you are disappointed by the lack of variety in the meta right? Because, no offense, he states that those combo choices were based on data of the most used competitive combos. He didn't say they were the only competitive combos. I believe, as also stated in the article, that the next part will cover several people's opinions of the best competitive combos.
(Jun. 16, 2021  1:13 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Another Great Article! However I was slightly disappointed by the lack of variety included and also a lack of same spin combos. Mirage Brave and Hollow were all definitely competitive

Thanks! The list was inspired directly by not only my opinion and the opinions of other top players, but the compiled data of WBO winning combinations over the past year (which you can read about here in the first part of this series) in Burst Format events.

There are other competitive combos and all three of those Rings were or are indeed competitive in certain ways, but in trying to put together an objective list of the top five combos, it was hard to deny things like Rage, World, Tempest, and Master given their power and real-world success in comparison to other parts/combos.

And as KainHighwind mentioned, the next part of this series will indeed showcase the personal top five lists that I, Shindog, Cscramon, and froztz put together. You'll see a little bit more variety in that article because it is less data driven and more subjective.
(Jun. 17, 2021  1:03 AM)Kei Wrote:

Thanks! The list was inspired directly by not only my opinion and the opinions of other top players, but the compiled data of WBO winning combinations over the past year (which you can read about here in the first part of this series) in Burst Format events.

There are other competitive combos and all three of those Rings were or are indeed competitive in certain ways, but in trying to put together an objective list of the top five combos, it was hard to deny things like Rage, World, Tempest, and Master given their power and real-world success in comparison to other parts/combos.

And as KainHighwind mentioned, the next part of this series will indeed showcase the personal top five lists that I, Shindog, Cscramon, and froztz put together. You'll see a little bit more variety in that article because it is less data driven and more subjective.

Oh I didn't realize you separated the sections. Thanks for the clarification.

(Jun. 16, 2021  4:20 AM)KainHighwind Wrote:

So you are disappointed by the lack of variety in the meta right? Because, no offense, he states that those combo choices were based on data of the most used competitive combos. He didn't say they were the only competitive combos. I believe, as also stated in the article, that the next part will cover several people's opinions of the best competitive combos.

I agree, I was just saying that some of the other layers have been missed out on that could potentially make a difference to this list - like TheEnd and Hollow
(Jun. 17, 2021  1:30 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2021  1:03 AM)Kei Wrote: Thanks! The list was inspired directly by not only my opinion and the opinions of other top players, but the compiled data of WBO winning combinations over the past year (which you can read about here in the first part of this series) in Burst Format events.

Oh I didn't realize you separated the sections. Thanks for the clarification.

(Jun. 16, 2021  4:20 AM)KainHighwind Wrote: So you are disappointed by the lack of variety in the meta right? Because, no offense, he states that those combo choices were based on data of the most used competitive combos. He didn't say they were the only competitive combos. I believe, as also stated in the article, that the next part will cover several people's opinions of the best competitive combos.

I agree, I was just saying that some of the other layers have been missed out on that could potentially make a difference to this list - like TheEnd and Hollow

Because WBO only has those certain combos with less variety so the data gotten is also from those certain combos
Happy to announce that I was able to collaborate with the BeybladeGeeks once again this year to produce a video summarizing the combos listed in my "The Top 5 Best Beyblade Burst Combos of 2021 (Selected by Expert Players & Organizers)" article. Check it out!

Wait BBG know about WBO?
(Jun. 19, 2021  4:23 PM)Kei Wrote: Happy to announce that I was able to collaborate with the BeybladeGeeks once again this year to produce a video summarizing the combos listed in my "The Top 5 Best Beyblade Burst Combos of 2021 (Selected by Expert Players & Organizers)" article. Check it out!

(Jun. 19, 2021  4:23 PM)Kei Wrote: Happy to announce that I was able to collaborate with the BeybladeGeeks once again this year to produce a video summarizing the combos listed in my "The Top 5 Best Beyblade Burst Combos of 2021 (Selected by Expert Players & Organizers)" article. Check it out!

Awesome Could you tell them I said Hi JK JK (But seriously if you can please do)
That was a good watch. I really need to learn a lot more about the latest Burst blades since I've been out for a while. Super informative and these combos got me even more excited to jump back in.
(Jun. 19, 2021  4:36 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: Wait BBG know about WBO?

Haha, of course they do! They've also collaborated with the WBO several times in the past.

(Jun. 19, 2021  4:44 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote: That was a good watch. I really need to learn a lot more about the latest Burst blades since I've been out for a while. Super informative and these combos got me even more excited to jump back in.

Whoa! Long time no see! Glad you enjoyed it and that you're back!
(Jun. 25, 2021  12:59 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 19, 2021  4:36 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: Wait BBG know about WBO?

Haha, of course they do! They've also collaborated with the WBO several times in the past.

(Jun. 19, 2021  4:44 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote: That was a good watch. I really need to learn a lot more about the latest Burst blades since I've been out for a while. Super informative and these combos got me even more excited to jump back in.

Whoa! Long time no see! Glad you enjoyed it and that you're back!

How come no one told me and how come they don’t have an acc? Just asking!
Hi everyone! Recently, I hosted and competed in Toronto’s first Beyblade Burst tournament in nearly 10 months, HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 12!

I wrote a report for it and split it into two parts. The first covers how I prepared for the event and the experimental rules we used. The second covers the tournament itself and what combinations were the most successful.

Check out the posts now and comment to let me know what you guys think! I’d love to hear from you.

[Image: sCrl51y.jpg]

Read Now: How to Prepare for a Competitive Beyblade Burst Tournament (HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 12 Report – Part 1)

[Image: ZmpP0Qm.jpg]

Read Now: What Are The Best Beyblade Burst Dynamite Battle Combos For Tournaments? (HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 12 Report – Part 2)

(Jun. 25, 2021  1:03 AM)LegendJustice Wrote: How come no one told me and how come they don’t have an acc? Just asking!

They do have an account! It's BeybladeGeeks.
(Jul. 17, 2021  2:53 AM)Kei Wrote: Hi everyone! Recently, I hosted and competed in Toronto’s first Beyblade Burst tournament in nearly 10 months, HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 12!

I wrote a report for it and split it into two parts. The first covers how I prepared for the event and the experimental rules we used. The second covers the tournament itself and what combinations were the most successful.

Check out the posts now and comment to let me know what you guys think! I’d love to hear from you.

Read Now: How to Prepare for a Competitive Beyblade Burst Tournament (HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 12 Report – Part 1)

Read Now: What Are The Best Beyblade Burst Dynamite Battle Combos For Tournaments? (HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 12 Report – Part 2)

(Jun. 25, 2021  1:03 AM)LegendJustice Wrote: How come no one told me and how come they don’t have an acc? Just asking!

Wow this is an excellent article, definitely one of my favorites.
I think I can explain how Zankye's dynamite on F gear could tie with yours, I discovered that the rubber on Dynamite is one of the most interesting, as it is able to tie even with a losing combo in LAD sometimes, based on your driver. I remember when I first tried a Dynamite Nexus Ul' (F), it did tie with World Spriggan Drift 2B once or twice, this led me to use less LAD drivers on Dynamite in order to save the other drivers for my other combos.

I also would like to say that Hold' should be competitive and is quite underrated, while it took me a long time, I managed to wear Hold' to the state that it could tie with Drift, Being a Dash driver, I felt that it was safer than rise and Bearing on some combinations, and has a bunch of other benefits too. Hold' has a Superior same spin compared to Drift, Zone'+Z, Possibly rise and Bearing, it is also difficult to distabilize, due to the drivers ability to tilt, it has superior defence than all of the drivers I mentioned previously, as the wide surface area makes it super difficult to KO, it can resist attacks from Rage and Judgment in same spin reasonably well, it also can help with an element of surprise, because the opponent cannot tell how worn your hold is, and will be thinking he or she can win
Hey everyone! I've been working really hard to get this report out as soon as possible for HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 12 (Burst Limited) that I hosted and participated in a few weeks ago.

In this report, I cover:

1. The matches I played in the first and final stage in detail.
  2. An overview and my thoughts on what the metagame was like in this tournament. In particular, I seek to answer the question about whether opposite spin combos using parts like the Drift Driver and Zone’+Z Driver are too powerful for the format.
  3. Some thoughts on two key factors to consider for any Beyblade format: balance versus diversity.

[Image: 0pNGrYZ.jpg]

Read Now: Are Spin Stealing Combos Too Powerful in Beyblade Burst Limited Format? (WBO Tournament Report)

(Jul. 17, 2021  4:19 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Wow this is an excellent article, definitely one of my favorites.
I think I can explain how Zankye's dynamite on F gear could tie with yours, I discovered that the rubber on Dynamite is one of the most interesting, as it is able to tie even with a losing combo in LAD sometimes, based on your driver. I remember when I first tried a Dynamite Nexus Ul' (F), it did tie with World Spriggan Drift 2B once or twice, this led me to use less LAD drivers on Dynamite in order to save the other drivers for my other combos.

I also would like to say that Hold' should be competitive and is quite underrated, while it took me a long time, I managed to wear Hold' to the state that it could tie with Drift, Being a Dash driver, I felt that it was safer than rise and Bearing on some combinations, and has a bunch of other benefits too. Hold' has a Superior same spin compared to Drift, Zone'+Z, Possibly rise and Bearing, it is also difficult to distabilize, due to the drivers ability to tilt, it has superior defence than all of the drivers I mentioned previously, as the wide surface area makes it super difficult to KO, it can resist attacks from Rage and Judgment in same spin reasonably well, it also can help with an element of surprise, because the opponent cannot tell how worn your hold is, and will be thinking he or she can win

Thank you!

And that's interesting. Certainly, I'll be testing out Dynamite on some less conventional Drivers to see how this works out in general and gain a better understanding of it.

Absolutely, Hold' is very underrated. It's in a similar position to the Rise Driver in that most players don't know or understand how good it can be because they've never "awakened" theirs. I haven't even done it for mine, but understand it because I've witnessed it in Japan before. How exactly did you awaken yours and how long did it take?
(Jul. 20, 2021  2:14 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2021  4:19 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Wow this is an excellent article, definitely one of my favorites.

Thank you!

And that's interesting. Certainly, I'll be testing out Dynamite on some less conventional Drivers to see how this works out in general and gain a better understanding of it.

Absolutely, Hold' is very underrated. It's in a similar position to the Rise Driver in that most players don't know or understand how good it can be because they've never "awakened" theirs. I haven't even done it for mine, but understand it because I've witnessed it in Japan before. How exactly did you awaken yours and how long did it take?

I chose stadiums with rougher floors - I used the Dual cyclone stadium to be exact, chose a high weight and high recoil layer as I also installed the yellow spikes on that stadium, making it impossible to be knocked out, and so when the layer hits the spikes it'll go into the centre, increasing contact.
One trick I heard was that if you use a less free spinning one - it'll wear faster. I wonder if it's legal to lock your Hold' driver (i.e. stop it from spinning) because it'll make it easier to wear, but I didn't do that because I was unsure if it was legal, it took a long while, about maybe 50+ launches a day on average for two months I think - but it really depends.

I agree about the competitive view on Hold' and Rise, your blog has opened a new perspective on this for me- so much thanks for that.
I feel that Hold' works better as a bearing sort of driver, because it can't stand up like Rise, so, it works better on Tapered than Giga. A Worn Hold' provides no aggression so it can't really catch the ridge unlike rise, which can be much useful as Burst resistance isn't too much of an issue now, so For me Hold' has more or less replaced bearing.
I must say that a Worn Charge should be of mention as it provides better weight than other LAD drivers but it's difficult to wear one that lacks aggression, then again the movement and sheer weight makes it extremely useful in KOing mobile attackers, making it a mainstay in my deck.

On a separate note - can I get your view on TheEnd? It's been pretty much run over by the community, but I see some competitive viability if you don't possess layers and Discs like Tempest and Wheel/Giga (which I don't). I personally find that the gimmick prevents equalisation in opposite spin, and as mine is extremely easy to activate the gimmick (almost always one hit is all it needs) it can do quite well. I tested Solomon TheEnd Kou Rise/Charge and it easily tied with top tier stamina combos. And the free-spinning nature makes it one of the best counters against Rage in my opinion, most of the time Rage can't do much against it. But to get the best performance your TheEnd has to be seriously loose - like mine, not sure if others can emulate the same performance.
(Jul. 17, 2021  2:53 AM)Kei Wrote: Hi everyone! Recently, I hosted and competed in Toronto’s first Beyblade Burst tournament in nearly 10 months, HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 12!

They haven't been online for...3 years...