[Blog]  BeyBase.com – Become a Better Blader (Kei's Beyblade Blog)

(Jun. 05, 2020  10:23 PM)MrBlade Wrote: Great article Kei! Very interesting to see what people consider their top 5. I'm surprised I wasn't asked to help in my spare time I like to test a lot of combos. Sure my rank is 29 compared to everyone else who is somewhere above 20 in the rankings though late 2019-2020 was very good for me competitive wise though tbh I have no problem with your choice lol. Again a very great article if you ever do something with people contributing again I might be able to help.

Thank you! Yeah, it was really interesting collecting everyone's feedback. It was all done independently so the personal lists you see on the article were all submitted without them knowing what others had picked.

Sorry I didn't ask you! The criteria for being selected were quite rigorous. Among Burst Format 2019/2020 data you had to have some combination of the following: have among the most entries on the winning combinations list, among the most first place finishes, be within the Top 25, have among the most tournaments hosted. I knew the article was going to take me a long time to assemble (it took me over 30 hours) and I only had so much time ... so I went with the five people who best matched these criteria because it seemed like if I was going to ask five people, they would be the ones able to best represent what the "best" Beyblade Burst combos were because of their experience.

Of course, I realize there are many other active and great players out there too. So, while the list in my article is meant to be as definitive as possible in a certain sense, what I want more is for it to serve as a starting point for discussion and players to think more deeply themselves about what the "best" combos are and why.

And thanks for posting your list in the comments on the article! I'll try and reply soon.
Just read it and nice work, although I don't see Zwei outclassing Judgement. Also Cross is available on more products than that, but great article nevertheless.
(Jun. 05, 2020  10:38 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2020  10:23 PM)MrBlade Wrote: Great article Kei! Very interesting to see what people consider their top 5. I'm surprised I wasn't asked to help in my spare time I like to test a lot of combos. Sure my rank is 29 compared to everyone else who is somewhere above 20 in the rankings though late 2019-2020 was very good for me competitive wise though tbh I have no problem with your choice lol. Again a very great article if you ever do something with people contributing again I might be able to help.

Thank you! Yeah, it was really interesting collecting everyone's feedback. It was all done independently so the personal lists you see on the article were all submitted without them knowing what others had picked.

Sorry I didn't ask you! The criteria for being selected were quite rigorous. Among Burst Format 2019/2020 data you had to have some combination of the following: have among the most entries on the winning combinations list, among the most first place finishes, be within the Top 25, have among the most tournaments hosted. I knew the article was going to take me a long time to assemble (it took me over 30 hours) and I only had so much time ... so I went with the five people who best matched these criteria because it seemed like if I was going to ask five people, they would be the ones able to best represent what the "best" Beyblade Burst combos were because of their experience.

Of course, I realize there are many other active and great players out there too. So, while the list in my article is meant to be as definitive as possible in a certain sense, what I want more is for it to serve as a starting point for discussion and players to think more deeply themselves about what the "best" combos are and why.

And thanks for posting your list in the comments on the article! I'll try and reply soon.

Dang what big criteria. Most entries on winning combos list... I have like 9 lol... among most 1st place finishes... at least I have 1. Be within the Top 25... oh woo hoo I'm 29th its not like I'm that far lol. Have among most tournaments hosted... yeaa I got like 4... maybe 2 just counting regular burst lol... 

Anyway with that out of the way no problem but either way it doesn't matter if I was picked or not. If you need someone to contribute though I'm always around haha.
(Jun. 05, 2020  10:47 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Just read it and nice work, although I don't see Zwei outclassing Judgement. Also Cross is available on more products than that, but great article nevertheless.

Thank you! Yeah, it was a tough call between Zwei and Judgement. I had Judgement as #1 for a while. That said, given the prevalence of Judgement (122 entries on winning combos) vs. Zwei (57), the fact that generally speaking Zwei has a better chance against Judgement than the other way around, and the low presence of Zwei's best counter (41 entries on winning combos, 8th place overall among Layers), I made the call to put it ahead of Judgement if we are looking at things objectively. If you picked Zwei on Jl'/X' in 2019-March 2020 and were a skilled player, you had the upper hand–even if only slightly–in most matches versus other top ten Layers except against Archer Hercules. But I definitely understand the debate between Zwei and Judgement; it's something I battled with internally when deciding the order of the list.

For the product listings I didn't list every possible product something could be found in. Just tried to list a few options when possible.
I just read the article, and I love how it shows how to obtain the parts for the combos. I think it’ll be very helpful for newer players Joyful_3. And while I agree with many points said on the list, I disagree with some (I’d be fine with elaborating if you’d like to hear).

And like MrBlade said, if you need some people to contribute, I’m here (way more than I should lmao).

Also, how do you find the motivation to organize an article that takes over 30 hours? Do you just enjoy doing so, and that helps you get through it?
(Jun. 05, 2020  11:06 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I just read the article, and I love how it shows how to obtain the parts for the combos. I think it’ll be very helpful for newer players Joyful_3.

Thank you! I'm definitely hoping it can be a useful resource for newer players.

(Jun. 05, 2020  11:06 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: And while I agree with many points said on the list, I disagree with some (I’d be fine with elaborating if you’d like to hear).

Please do feel free to elaborate. Maybe post as a comment on the article so that all of the readers can see? Would love to have more opinions on there.

(Jun. 05, 2020  11:06 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: And like MrBlade said, if you need some people to contribute, I’m here (way more than I should lmao).

Also, how do you find the motivation to organize an article that takes over 30 hours? Do you just enjoy doing so, and that helps you get through it?

I'll keep you and MrBlade in mind for sure!

It's certainly painful at times (ex. when you're 15 hours in and realize you still have 15 more hours of work LOL), but quite simply I find the motivation by choosing a topic that I think is both interesting to myself and valuable to others.

I'm really happy with how this one turned out. Up until now I haven't collaborated with others much on the posts made for BeyBase, so while it created more work for me, it was great connecting with everyone to try and create this. And I'm hoping more people comment on the article on BeyBase.com so that we can create an even better picture of what the "best" Beyblade Burst combos are.
(Jun. 05, 2020  11:16 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2020  11:06 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: And while I agree with many points said on the list, I disagree with some (I’d be fine with elaborating if you’d like to hear).

Please do feel free to elaborate. Maybe post as a comment on the article so that all of the readers can see? Would love to have more opinions on there.
Okay, I posted it there. It says it needs to be moderated though…
(Jun. 05, 2020  11:55 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2020  11:16 PM)Kei Wrote: Please do feel free to elaborate. Maybe post as a comment on the article so that all of the readers can see? Would love to have more opinions on there.
Okay, I posted it there. It says it needs to be moderated though…

Thanks! I'll reply soon.

I've approved it and future comments won't need to be moderated. I have moderation turned on since I get a ton of spam bots always trying to post comments. Unhappy
(Jun. 06, 2020  12:06 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2020  11:55 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Okay, I posted it there. It says it needs to be moderated though…

Thanks! I'll reply soon.

I've approved it and future comments won't need to be moderated. I have moderation turned on since I get a ton of spam bots always trying to post comments. Unhappy
I guess spam bots really like BEYBLADE then.
(Jun. 05, 2020  10:11 PM)Kei Wrote:

Hi everyone! Recently, I published another new article for BeyBase:

Read Now: The Top 5 Best Beyblade Burst Combos (Selected by Expert Players & Organizers)

With tournaments currently suspended, it seemed like a unique opportunity to take step back and evaluate how Beyblade Burst has evolved in the competitive scene over the past five years.

I trace the history of the metagame and then focus on what the top five Beyblade Burst combos were for 2019 up until March when tournaments were suspended.

To compile I list I used not only my own opinion, but surveyed top WBO players and organizers and analyzed the WBO’s winning combinations data.

Finally, I end with predictions about what is in store for us once tournaments resume now that Beyblade Burst Sparking has been released.

Check out the post now and leave a comment on the article with what your top five Beyblade Burst combos are! I’d love to hear from you.

If you enjoyed reading this article, sign up for the BeyBase Newsletter if you’re interested in being the first to know whenever I publish a new article! I always notify subscribers a day or two before posting about new articles elsewhere.

Huge thank you to RED NINJA 0829, Shindog, LazerBeamz, Ardmore Bladers, and The Supreme One for contributing. Thank you as well to JoJo [Jp0t] and originalzankye for their video contributions! There is a few more to come from other Youtubers. I'll post them when they're ready. Smile 

This was a really fun article to read through. I made a video about it myself.
Thank you to Wombat for putting together this video covering the number one combo on my list! It's now been added into the article. More to come!

(Jun. 06, 2020  4:49 PM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote: This was a really fun article to read through. I made a video about it myself.

Cool idea! Thanks for doing this. I've added in your video to the article. I definitely agree that Hybrid and Ignition' were underrated; I saw them so much while I was in Japan earlier this year.
Just read all the articles. They’re all great. Just wondering, but are you currently working on writing any articles about Burst classic or metal fight?
(Jun. 06, 2020  6:51 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: Just read all the articles. They’re all great. Just wondering, but are you currently working on writing any articles about Burst classic or metal fight?

Thank you so much!

I'm not currently working on writing articles for Burst Classic or Metal Fight. The level of interest isn't there for Metal Fight to make it worthwhile, but maybe in the future I'll do one for Burst Classic. I've had a few people ask me about it already, so I'm thinking more about it now.
Great article to as always to tune into! I agree with all the choices for the top 5. Your ZD.Pr.Hn’ is very similar to your nL.T.Hn’ a year ago. It also makes me realize a bit of my accomplishments in the past year and 1/2 on the WBO. I placed in 10 out of the 17 Burst tournaments I was in (9 out of 16 if you don’t count AS 2020 lol) 79 wins to 33 losses officially recorded in the WBO archives. (Gosh that’s a lot) and 37 combos recorded on the winning combos. Although I had an intense use of Zwei last year. I want to improve my confidence with attack types this year. However looking at AS2020, I used exclusivity attack in the finals to win the tournament, so I guess I’m improving. My reliance on aH and B3 last year is more than I care to admit. (Lol none of those are even in the top 5 list you put together) I hope I can improve with my confidence in attack to show that I can back up the somewhat of a reputation I have. I also will try to improve how many different combos I use in each tournament. (This is evident by how I planned to have a different deck in every battle of the 3 on 3 and 5G format for the AN2020 Friday event.) I can’t wait for the next tournament to come. Knowing that I’m now an organizer I’ll probably end up hosting one when restrictions on large social gatherings are slightly lifted to the point where we can stand within 6 feet of each other. I still worry of having 15 extra people over the maximum of 24 because of obvious reasons, but I still think I can make it work. Hope everyone has a great day! Smile
(Jun. 07, 2020  6:55 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: Great article to as always to tune into! I agree with all the choices for the top 5. Your ZD.Pr.Hn’ is very similar to your nL.T.Hn’ a year ago. It also makes me realize a bit of my accomplishments in the past year and 1/2 on the WBO. I placed in 10 out of the 17 Burst tournaments I was in (9 out of 16 if you don’t count AS 2020 lol) 79 wins to 33 losses officially recorded in the WBO archives. (Gosh that’s a lot) and 37 combos recorded on the winning combos.

Thanks for reading! And yeah, that's true. I feel like Hunter' is a bit underrated and I've always liked it on left spin for some reason.

And just FYI, you were pretty close to making the top five I asked for this article! Not quite enough first place finishes, but you were up there in terms of rank and number of combos on the winning combinations list.

If you have time, it would be cool if you posted your own personal top five in the comments on the article.
Excited to announce that my collaboration video about my "Top 5 Best Beyblade Burst Combos (Selected by Expert Players & Organizers)" article with BeybladeGeeks has now been uploaded! They give an overview of the entire top five list and do a marathon of battles between them.

It's now been added into the article. More to come!

(Jun. 13, 2020  4:27 PM)Kei Wrote: Excited to announce that my collaboration video about my "Top 5 Best Beyblade Burst Combos (Selected by Expert Players & Organizers)" article with BeybladeGeeks has now been uploaded! They give an overview of the entire top five list and do a marathon of battles between them.

Wow. How did you get the most popular BeyTuber to make a video for your article? While they missed some points, and didn’t really balance tune the combos (especially Perfect Phoenix), it was entertaining, and I think it can be informational for newer bladers.
(Jun. 07, 2020  5:34 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2020  6:51 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: Just read all the articles. They’re all great. Just wondering, but are you currently working on writing any articles about Burst classic or metal fight?

Thank you so much!

I'm not currently working on writing articles for Burst Classic or Metal Fight. The level of interest isn't there for Metal Fight to make it worthwhile, but maybe in the future I'll do one for Burst Classic. I've had a few people ask me about it already, so I'm thinking more about it now.
Honestly, I would love to read some of your thoughts and opinions on burst classic. That would be pretty epic.
(Jun. 13, 2020  4:27 PM)Kei Wrote: Excited to announce that my collaboration video about my "Top 5 Best Beyblade Burst Combos (Selected by Expert Players & Organizers)" article with BeybladeGeeks has now been uploaded! They give an overview of the entire top five list and do a marathon of battles between them.

Congrats on the collab!
(Jun. 13, 2020  4:40 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Wow. How did you get the most popular BeyTuber to make a video for your article? While they missed some points, and didn’t really balance tune the combos (especially Perfect Phoenix), it was entertaining, and I think it can be informational for newer bladers.

I've collaborated with them on several videos over the years for the WBO, so I just asked nicely and gave them a good article to work with. Smile
Thanks to CrazyAries who just published a Chinese version of my Top 5 Beyblade Burst Combos article on Bilibili!

Part 1: https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv6426946
Part 2: https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv6427052
(Jun. 17, 2020  2:55 AM)Kei Wrote: Thanks to CrazyAries who just published a Chinese version of my Top 5 Beyblade Burst Combos article on Bilibili!

Part 1: https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv6426946
Part 2: https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv6427052

That’s awesome!
[Image: rVAwIg9.jpg]

Hi everyone! Recently, I published another new article for BeyBase:

Read Now: Where should the “play area” of a Beyblade stadium begin and end? (Extended Play Area vs. Penalty Area)

This article is a follow up to my Redefining “Play Area” & “Knocked-Out” in Beyblade (And How This Changes The Game) article from May in which I attempted to craft new definitions for these concepts which can be universally applied to all stadiums in order to create a more consistent philosophy throughout WBO Organized Play.

It touches on the positive reaction to my proposed definitions, but focuses primarily on the debate which emerged regarding a small detail of what my proposal would allow for.

This detail spawned a debate internally among WBO Staff about whether the area outside the “Primary Play Area” should be considered the “Extended Play Area” or a “Penalty Area”.

I brought this debate to the public through the use of footage which illustrated the issue from a tournament I attended in Japan back in January to try and get a better feel for how the community and general public feel.

In this article, I’ve compiled the feedback I received and attempted to argue both for and against both the “Extended Play Area” and “Penalty Area” concepts.

Check out the post now and leave a comment on the article with how you feel about the “Extended Play Area” vs. “Penalty Area” debate and my proposed new definitions. With tournaments likely to begin restarting around the world this summer in some areas, I think it’s become more important than ever to finally settle this.

If you enjoyed reading this article, sign up for the BeyBase Newsletter if you’re interested in being the first to know whenever I publish a new article! I always notify subscribers a day or two before posting about new articles elsewhere.
[Image: 3wh8sCr.jpg]

Hi everyone! My review of the much anticipated B-169 Starter Variant Lucifer.Mb 2D is now published on BeyBase:

Read Now: Is Variant Lucifer the best Beyblade Burst defense type?

I cover each of its parts in detail, dive deep into both the history of the game surrounding stamina and defense types, and talk about the trends I’ve observed in Takara-Tomy’s design process over time.

I've just look at your website looking cool