Beyblade Burst WORLD Championships 2018 [11/03/18 - Paris, France]

(Nov. 02, 2018  7:38 PM)Kei Wrote: [Image: vq0k72a.jpg]

Groups for tomorrow have been revealed. Source.

I understand why the groups are competing at different times (probably because of the livestream), but as a result players in Pool 4 will have a distinct advantage over those in the initial Pools as they will be able to watch how the day plays out and what the metagame is like.
We all know who is gonna win
(Nov. 03, 2018  7:21 AM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote:

I understand why the groups are competing at different times (probably because of the livestream), but as a result players in Pool 4 will have a distinct advantage over those in the initial Pools as they will be able to watch how the day plays out and what the metagame is like.
who?
Japan is pool 4 with vivaan......
(Nov. 03, 2018  7:21 AM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote:

Probably the dude running a balanced aB 0B Br or Sr 0B Br
(Nov. 03, 2018  7:24 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2018  7:21 AM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote: We all know who is gonna win
who?
Japan is pool 4 with vivaan......
Yep, it's going to be japan

(Nov. 03, 2018  7:25 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2018  7:21 AM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote: We all know who is gonna win
Probably the dude running a balanced aB 0B Br or Sr 0B Br
But the Japanese guy will find a counter to it
(Nov. 03, 2018  7:07 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:

like to cheer for Vivaan the falcon

It's booting, should be live in a few minutes, Where is my ACT II popcorn now??
First match featured was Philippines versus Estonia and the Philippines player used Sr Br and dC, while Estonia used stock bR and dF ... Just the combo selection says so much about the different level some players are on.

And they’re showing the Beyblades on camera before each match briefly, but aren’t announcing the exact combos for some reason ...
(Nov. 03, 2018  10:26 AM)Kei Wrote: First match featured was Philippines versus Estonia and the Philippines player used Sr Br and dC, while Estonia used stock bR and dF ... Just the combo selection says so much about the different level some players are on.

And they’re showing the Beyblades on camera before each match briefly, but aren’t announcing the exact combos for some reason ...

While this is true, it makes for much more interesting matches so I can't really complain.
Anyone watching live stream now? I had a question. Is Maximum Garuda banned? I mean why won't anyone use such a good layer there

Edit:- Bit Off-Topic. But if I was there I would have used Sr 0B Br, mG 7C At and sX 1M Ds.

I'm watching whole stream non-stop btw. This is kinda very special for me
This is absolutely brutal. Judge grabbed aB long before it was going to stop spinning. https://twitter.com/ishack70/status/1058...02176?s=21

I’ve seen this happen (maybe not as egregiously as this one) a few times now. The judge is declaring a winner and grabbing Beyblades way too quickly. I can’t believe it.

It’s the World Championship. The best players in the world, and what should be the best judges in the world ...
(Nov. 03, 2018  1:00 PM)Kei Wrote: This is absolutely brutal. Judge grabbed aB long before it was going to stop spinning. https://twitter.com/ishack70/status/1058...02176?s=21

I’ve seen this happen (maybe not as egregiously as this one) a few times now. The judge is declaring a winner and grabbing Beyblades way too quickly. I can’t believe it.

It’s the World Championship. The best players in the world, and what should be the best judges in the world ...
The players should have raised their hands on these incidents. They clearly have no experience as judges. LAD upsets or even last minute bursts could happen.
I personally know the kid that lost because of that. Agree 200% it was a rubbish call, have no clue what anyone was thinking there.
Ive had friends leave comments and messages regarding the incident, only to have their comments actually deleted. Are bladers allowed to change spin direction after they know what their opponent is using? Because that happened too.
Huge diagrace, definitely some sketchy snake pit level shenannigans going on there.
(Nov. 03, 2018  3:13 PM)McNuckFuggets Wrote: I personally know the kid that lost because of that. Agree 200% it was a rubbish call, have no clue what anyone was thinking there.
Ive had friends leave comments and messages regarding the incident, only to have their comments actually deleted. Are bladers allowed to change spin direction after they know what their opponent is using? Because that happened too.
Huge diagrace, definitely some sketchy snake pit level shenannigans going on there.
Not sure about the spin direction, but I think they are allowed to change it before each round. In the case of both players using Sr, they need to turn around and fix their spin direction at the same time without looking at their opponent’s bey.

Top 8 advancing to the Finals:
S. Korea
Latvia
Singapore
USA
Canada
Vietnam
Taiwan
Brazil
(Nov. 03, 2018  1:00 PM)Kei Wrote: This is absolutely brutal. Judge grabbed aB long before it was going to stop spinning. https://twitter.com/ishack70/status/1058...02176?s=21

I actually had to stop watching because it made so mad. Stuff like this happened every other match.
(Mar. 13, 2018  10:48 PM)Bey_$avage Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2018  10:39 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if the Asian Countries representatives were in the 8-13 age group as well.

I'm pretty sure I just read in another thread that one of our 30-40 year old members places 4th in the Singapore finals, but I've seen that all of the Philippines finalists were in the younger age group

I just wish hasbro would've had there be no age restrictions

I play in Singapore, and I've played in the qualifying match. The age groups are split into people who are over 13, and under 13.
Quarter Finals
S Korea (3) vs. USA (1)
Canada (3) vs. Brazil (2)
Latvia (3) vs. Singapore (1)
Vietnam (2) vs. Taiwan (3)

Semi Finals
S Korea (3) vs. Canada (1)
Latvia (3) vs. Taiwan (1)

Battle for 3rd
Canada (2) vs. Taiwan (3)

Championship
S Korea (2) vs. Latvia (3)

Champion - Latvia
MVP - Spryzen S3 ?
(Nov. 03, 2018  6:06 PM)BeyBugoy Wrote: Quarter Finals
S Korea (3) vs. USA (1)
Canada (3) vs. Brazil (2)
Latvia (3) vs. Singapore (1)
Vietnam (2) vs. Taiwan (3)

Semi Finals
S Korea (3) vs. Canada (1)
Latvia (3) vs. Taiwan (1)

Battle for 3rd
Canada (2) vs. Taiwan (3)

Championship
S Korea (2) vs. Latvia (3)

Champion - Latvia
MVP - Spryzen S3 ?

Congrats to latvia.
Congrats to Latvia in Europe
(Nov. 03, 2018  10:26 AM)Kei Wrote: And they’re showing the Beyblades on camera before each match briefly, but aren’t announcing the exact combos for some reason ...
Watched part of the championships and I’m guessing it was partly because the Hasbro judges most likely don’t know the full combination, just the layers, and partly because the naming difference might confuse Asian players.
So we should expect the next one by summer with turbo beys right? I mean based on the 2012 championship and the fact that this was a little rushed. And I think the event in general was a success popularity wise, so they might start that g1-g4 thing and TT's app may be released globally. (Just speculation though)

Anyway congrats to them, they had cool stage names (XENO) and there were some intense battles.but I'm wondering why I saw Jinnius so much!??
(Nov. 03, 2018  7:04 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Watched part of the championships and I’m guessing it was partly because the Hasbro judges most likely don’t know the full combination, just the layers, and partly because the naming difference might confuse Asian players.

In the finals Blader Ken just said the Layer name. I only heard the Drivers sometimes because Storm or Light mentioned them in their commentary ... was pretty frustrating. It’s strange that Ken didn’t do it because in Japan they always say the full combo when they are on the main stage.

And now it’s like, how do we know the winning combos? I doubt Hasbro or TT are going to post it (but I hope so!).

During pool play I can kind of get not taking the time to do it, but the excuse that Hasbro judges might not know the name so doesn’t carry much weight. If that is the case, then they probably shouldn’t be judging. The judges at the world championship should be world-class, like the players should be. Seeing some of the calls made makes me wonder what the vetting process was for some of the judges.

And I hate to say it, but even in the finals there’s was a couple questionable calls by Ken. Admittedly, they were way more subjective compared to the egregious error talked about in my post earlier. So, I don’t think he’s a bad judge ... just a few things that were debatable. Particularly the semi-final between Latvia and Taiwan. The first round I thought was a clear win for Taiwan, and the second round a tie. But Latvia was given a 2-0 lead.

There was something weird hat happened in I think the Vietnam vs. Taiwan match as well. Vietnam went up 1-0 and then there was some kind of problem and all of a sudden it went up to 2-1 for Vietnam? It wasn’t made clear what happened (in English at least). Anyone know what I’m talking about?

A few other thoughts/observations:
- At the start of the finals Blader Ken specifically said that this was the FIRST Beyblade Burst World Championship. Hopefully a sign of more to come!
- The signed drawings of Valt from Hiro Morita for all of the finalists was a nice touch!
- Surprised they didn’t switch to a TT stadium for the final like in 2012
- I feel like they spent too much time on the graphics sometimes during the stream. There was long stretches where they were talking and could have switched to a camera of the stage.
- I wonder why they didn’t at least have an English commentator speaking above the French ones ... seems like you are limiting the audience a bit by offering only French.
- Overall, despite the brutal judging at times in the pool play, I was impressed by the event itself. The fact that they put in the effort to host events over multiple days including some for over 13 players is respectable. Certainly an improvement over the private 2012 World Championship.
- Finally, congratulations to Xeno from Canada for placing 4th!
Hi Kei, correct me if I’m wrong, but does Hasbro call their forge disk and driver parts similarly with TT, or I thought they just use confusing code-like names. Like for the case of Deep Chaos - Caynox C3 Dr41/ ts12. So they don’t really call it Bearing officially ? Maybe that’s why Blader Ken didn’t bother to announce the parts - the official names wouldn’t make any sense to most of the people...

I agree that the Taiwan-Latvia match were called a bit questionably (not taking anything from Latvia who played equally well). There were similarly close matches during the pool rounds and they were called by the other judges as draw.

For the Taiwan-Vietnam scoring, I think there was a glitch in the livestreaming that we missed watching a couple of rounds.

Anyway, congrats to all the players and countries represented! Hoping this event could be held more frequently in the future too!
(Nov. 04, 2018  1:48 AM)BeyBugoy Wrote: Hi Kei, correct me if I’m wrong, but does Hasbro call their forge disk and driver parts similarly with TT, or I thought they just use confusing code-like names. Like for the case of Deep Chaos - Caynox C3 Dr41/ ts12. So they don’t really call it Bearing officially ? Maybe that’s why Blader Ken didn’t bother to announce the parts - the official names wouldn’t make any sense to most of the people...

I’ve seen them use the regular names before in certain places.

And I mean, this is the World Championship so there is going to be people of all kinds watching, but ultimately it is a competitive event so some catering should be done to satisfy viewers who are also competitive players, in my opinion.

Besides, the Storm/Light were using the part names in their commentary sometimes. And I’d bet that everyone playing in the tournament knew the actual part names.
can anyone send pictures of the finalists here? thanks
(Nov. 04, 2018  12:17 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2018  7:04 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Watched part of the championships and I’m guessing it was partly because the Hasbro judges most likely don’t know the full combination, just the layers, and partly because the naming difference might confuse Asian players.

In the finals Blader Ken just said the Layer name. I only heard the Drivers sometimes because Storm or Light mentioned them in their commentary ... was pretty frustrating. It’s strange that Ken didn’t do it because in Japan they always say the full combo when they are on the main stage.

And now it’s like, how do we know the winning combos? I doubt Hasbro or TT are going to post it (but I hope so!).

During pool play I can kind of get not taking the time to do it, but the excuse that Hasbro judges might not know the name so doesn’t carry much weight. If that is the case, then they probably shouldn’t be judging. The judges at the world championship should be world-class, like the players should be. Seeing some of the calls made makes me wonder what the vetting process was for some of the judges.

And I hate to say it, but even in the finals there’s was a couple questionable calls by Ken. Admittedly, they were way more subjective compared to the egregious error talked about in my post earlier. So, I don’t think he’s a bad judge ... just a few things that were debatable. Particularly the semi-final between Latvia and Taiwan. The first round I thought was a clear win for Taiwan, and the second round a tie. But Latvia was given a 2-0 lead.

There was something weird hat happened in I think the Vietnam vs. Taiwan match as well. Vietnam went up 1-0 and then there was some kind of problem and all of a sudden it went up to 2-1 for Vietnam? It wasn’t made clear what happened (in English at least). Anyone know what I’m talking about?

A few other thoughts/observations:
- At the start of the finals Blader Ken specifically said that this was the FIRST Beyblade Burst World Championship. Hopefully a sign of more to come!
- The signed drawings of Valt from Hiro Morita for all of the finalists was a nice touch!
- Surprised they didn’t switch to a TT stadium for the final like in 2012
- I feel like they spent too much time on the graphics sometimes during the stream. There was long stretches where they were talking and could have switched to a camera of the stage.
- I wonder why they didn’t at least have an English commentator speaking above the French ones ... seems like you are limiting the audience a bit by offering only French.
- Overall, despite the brutal judging at times in the pool play, I was impressed by the event itself. The fact that they put in the effort to host events over multiple days including some for over 13 players is respectable. Certainly an improvement over the private 2012 World Championship.
- Finally, congratulations to Xeno from Canada for placing 4th!

I agree with the stuff you've said, for me I had no clue to why they'd only say the layers and not the full combo. I think some parts were a bit iffy but it was overall a good experience and a fun event to go to! We recorded alot during the event and gonna do a video with our coverage on it. Itll take awhile with all we recorded but I'll try to manage Haha.