Beyblade Burst WORLD Championships 2018 [11/03/18 - Paris, France]

(Aug. 13, 2018  5:22 AM)Kei Wrote: In Zankye’s video with footage from the Canadian Championship (https://youtu.be/Y7pp6k56rBk), there is one battle where a player began using Sr Bearing and a launcher vs Deep Chaos Survive. He lost the first round and then finished and won the battle hand spinning for the remaining rounds ... example at 8:18.

Pretty shocking to see something like that at an event of such magnitude. The official rules for the world tour state that players are responsible for providing their own launcher to use, which implies that a launcher must be used for battles.

Thankfully, this player didn’t end up winning the tournament, but who knows what could have happened if he used a launcher for the whole match as players seem to be expected to do.

You would think that something so obvious would have been caught by the judges ...

I was at the French national championship, over 3000 bladers in 2 days, it was difficult for the judges, they known the basics of the rules only.
Luckily me and my friends were there to check the beys and helped the judges.
More than 1/4 of the beys i checked were illegal : Fake or Takara Tomy (only Hasbro allowed), Hasbro and Takara Tomy mixed together, sword launchers, fake beylauncher and even a Big Bang Pegasis ^^
I hope, for the other countries that the rules will be respected.  I won't imagine seeing a blader be "national champion" with an illegal bey
(Aug. 13, 2018  2:31 PM)Ryuk_Shinigami Wrote: I was at the French national championship, over 3000 bladers in 2 days, it was difficult for the judges, they known the basics of the rules only.
Luckily me and my friends were there to check the beys and helped the judges.

Yeah, that would certainly be difficult to manage. That being said, this is Hasbro we're talking about; if they're going to host an event which is supposed to be competitive (which I'm not sure it is as their words and actions tell two different stories), it's strange that the judges they would employ would only be familiar with the basics of the rules. I can understand it being that way for the smaller events, but for the national championships you'd think they would want expert judges.

I'm sure the world championship will be fine because TAKARA-TOMY will likely be more involved, but it's unfortunate to see how some other events around the world are being handled.

Full Coverage here
already stop your disputes on the marks because only hasbro beys will be represented, the takara players will find their equivalent and will train with the set of authorized tops that hasbro will send them. It's like that. hand throws are allowed as long as the spinning wheels rotate in the direction for which they were created. the day of the championship the animation and the reffering/juge will be done in collaboration with french people and japonese if I understood correctly who also speaks english (surely people from takara). the match will take place in 5 points, the arena is under reflection but we will try to ask for the black stadium that has just been announced, no one could test it but we all know that it throws a max and that he is certainly better than red. in some national rules there is actually no possibility to modify parts of the top which leaves a party to luck, I intend to expose the problem to the organization also, as soon as we receive the spinning tops authorized during the championship would be kept informed. let's have fun it's a good game Wink
(Aug. 12, 2018  11:42 AM)malinoz01 Wrote: Has ANYBODY actually entered (or or knows somebody who has) this tournament??
I'd like to know their experience with the process. In Australia it has been far from good communication as to what happens after registration.

Finally confirmation - the day before the Melbourne tournaments!!!
My boys are hopefully battling Sat 18th & definitely Sun 18th. (we entered both)

And it's booked out so should be a fun day
There were people at the USA tournament using Takara Tomy launchers and you get multiple chances until the finals
The USA tourney was handled well for the most part except that judges were kinda meh (said rounds were draws even though they weren’t)
Coro Coro just released a video for World Championship happening in Japan !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwWhqUYaXSs

Can Any MODERATOR move this thread in Random Thoughts , Thanks !!
Thanks for the news GOD CHIPS! There is way too much competiton there..
But you could have used an existing thread,
The World Championships Thread looks appropriate. But no problem! And again, Thanks for the info!
Pretty interesting! Very cool that they put together such a well-produced video like that. Wish we’d see more coverage similar to that for G1 events.

It’s incredible to contrast that video with the type of coverage we’ve seen for things like the Canadian National Championship ...

I also find it amusing that whenever they say Octa in the video the subtitles say “heavy performance tip” ... like come on haha. Who are they kidding? And I also noticed that when they announce the combos a few times the subtitles just say “Wonder Valtryek” and not the full combo name. Thankfully it’s on the graphics for the video itself. Still, while I get using the Hasbro names where available, weird disrepencies like not writing the full combo names when they are said in the video is not surprising, but disappointing.
This tournament the national and the East and West Japan finals were all decided in the Mugen or double Mugen stadiums.... I’m pretty sure they won’t use that for the world championships. They should just give a random country a zero-g to figure out....

The only sport that I can think off where you have to deal with different surface is tennis.... is this really the best way to handle the world championship? Should basketball, hockey, and soccer have a world championship together?
(Sep. 03, 2018  12:27 AM)Shindog Wrote: This tournament the national and the East and West Japan finals were all decided in the Mugen or double Mugen stadiums.... I’m pretty sure they won’t use that for the world championships. They should just give a random country a zero-g to figure out....

They might. At the 2012 World Championships they used Hasbro stadiums for the preliminary rounds and then switched to the TAKARA-TOMY Tornado BeyStadium for the finals. Unsurprisingly, Japan won due in part to using a combo that worked really well in that stadium because it could catch the Tornado Point (forget exactly what it was, but it used HF). I’m sure everyone had a chance to practice beforehand right before the event, but regardless, the switching around of stadiums does inevitably give the upperhand to certain players at certain stages unless all competitors are given the stadiums weeks in advance. I’m not sure exactly how it worked in that regard.
(Sep. 03, 2018  6:24 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2018  12:27 AM)Shindog Wrote: This tournament the national and the East and West Japan finals were all decided in the Mugen or double Mugen stadiums....  I’m pretty sure they won’t use that for the world championships.  They should just give a random country a zero-g to figure out....

They might. At the 2012 World Championships they used Hasbro stadiums for the preliminary rounds and then switched to the TAKARA-TOMY Tornado BeyStadium for the finals. Unsurprisingly, Japan won due in part to using a combo that worked really well in that stadium because it could catch the Tornado Point (forget exactly what it was, but it used HF). I’m sure everyone had a chance to practice beforehand right before the event, but regardless, the switching around of stadiums does inevitably give the upperhand to certain players at certain stages unless all competitors are given the stadiums weeks in advance. I’m not sure exactly how it worked in that regard.
Wow.....I forgot about that....this would be the opposite what I think fair would be.
Wait a sec! These guys at 0:11 are cheating. Only Hasbro Beys and equipment were allowed and they're using a possibly fake Spriggan Requiem and fake S3 equipment.

Hasbro only released a Sr with a silver MGC but not with a blue MGC so it has to be either Takara Tomy or Fake. But they also never released any fake Launchers. The Launcher has a Spriggan Requiem ripcord and a Legend Spriggan handle. Also a grey Launcher Grip was never released by any original company. A fake Spriggan Requiem was released alongside this Spriggan Mix Launcher and this grey Launcher Grip. This all points to the Bladers using fake Beys and equipment.
i think in the training/free play you were allowed to use tt beys
Hiro Morita will be at the Kidexpo in France during the World Championship 2018. Confirmed by Beyblade Burst France.
When are the bladers sposed to reach paris?
(Oct. 26, 2018  5:37 PM)Mohith0412 Wrote: When are the bladers supposed to reach paris?
30th Maybe?
Will there be like a live telecast of the championship?
Maybe this was posted elsewhere, but here's the rules and regulations for the world championship: https://www.worldtour.beyblade.com/wp-co...onsENG.pdf

It's annoying that Bladers will be limited to the Hasbro Beyblades and stadium included in the packages sent to each national representative, but it does sort of make sense to do it that way to even the playing field. It's too bad they aren't using TT's Standard Type stadium though ... one must wonder why TT would allow that. Going for the Hasbro Beyblades makes sense given that they are available more widely worldwide, but ultimately, TT's Standard Type stadium is the most competitive one available so you'd think they would push to use that. Although, I guess you could have said the same thing for the championship in 2012 as well.

What's nice to see though is that they are adopting the TAKARA-TOMY 3-on-3 Deck Format for the tournament. Looking forward to seeing how that goes!

It's also refreshing to see how many events they'll be doing after how bad/closed off the previous championship in Toronto was. Wish I could be there!
Non-Official Tournament Over 13
This is a non-official tournament for our longest standing fans of Beyblade. If you were bummed that you were too old to participate in the World Championship, this is your chance to show off what you’ve got!
A Hope, But no title
I will be in Paris at the kidexpo from oct 30th to nov 4th. I will take photos and video and post them on my instagram story.
I am a staff member I will """"try"""" to take some photos during the set-up of the event on the 30th
Here is my instagram by the way https://www.instagram.com/ryukshinigami_bb_pk/
[Image: vq0k72a.jpg]

Groups for tomorrow have been revealed. Source.

I understand why the groups are competing at different times (probably because of the livestream), but as a result players in Pool 4 will have a distinct advantage over those in the initial Pools as they will be able to watch how the day plays out and what the metagame is like.
(Nov. 02, 2018  7:38 PM)Kei Wrote: [Image: vq0k72a.jpg]

I understand why the groups are competing at different times (probably because of the livestream), but as a result players in Pool 4 will have a distinct advantage over those in the initial Pools as they will be able to watch how the day plays out and what the metagame is like.

Yes it's the format used today for the Beytubur Challenge that was held at the same place Parc Expositions in Paris , where zankye got a second place... video coming soon plus we might livestream the final itself and maybe video interview with winner.
(Nov. 02, 2018  7:38 PM)Kei Wrote: [Image: vq0k72a.jpg]

I hope they use the same stadium through out the matches.

Like this post if your going for Japan or Taiwan...