[Bethesda, MD] 01/19/14 - Happy Gnu Year! (Zero-G)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Happy Gnu Year!

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for our January tournament being held at the Bethesda Marriott in Bethesda, MD on Sunday, January 19. The main tournament on Sunday will be Zero-G, but in honor of the new Limited Format we will try to have a Limited format tournament immediately after the Zero-G tournament. It all depends on the turnout and timing, but we will do our best to make it happen!

The Bethesda Marriott Hotel is located just west of the intersection of 495, 270, and 355 (Rockville Pike). Parking in the surrounding neighborhood is available for free on Pooks Hill Road, but space is limited and first come first served! Otherwise there is parking in the Marriott Lot for $15.

Location: The Bethesda Marriott Hotel: 5151 Pooks Hill Road, Bethesda, MD in our usual room. Ask at the front desk if you don't know where the room is. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/trav...-marriott/

Start time: Noon is highly desired, but Noon-thirty at the latest.
End time: 3pm for Zero-G - 5pm for the Limited tourney if we are able to do one
Format: TBD depending on number of bladers
Stadiums: BBG-04 Attack, BBG-11 Defense, and BBG-18 Balance (who knows which one we will use?)
Surface: Indoors with cardboard
Fees: $5 room fee, plus Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport)
Prizes: TakaraTomy goodness of the Beyblade variety!

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it.

Confirmed
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. Stars
  4. geetster99
  5. Time
  6. *Ginga*
  7. DrDrew00
  8. BillyBlast
  9. beymaster15963
  10. *AJ*
  11. Pegasus97
  12. Hov

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Good luck to everybody tomorrow.
Good luck guys ur gonna need it!
Good luck guys!
You guys will see me sleeping while blading. Good luck everyone.
Good luck to everyone today! *Ginga*, place today Serious
Aww BAby

Just woke up, I'm very excited haha!
Change me to Confirmed.
Hey guys, bad traffic on the way to the tournament, someone had a car accident unfortunately that might delay my arrival.
I can't lie I overslept even tho i made it. 2-2 Told ya i be sleeping while blading....
I'm surprised that no one posted results yet.

1st Place BillyBlast
2nd Place Time
3rd Place Geetster99

4th Place Tied for anyways Arupaeo and LikeaBoss921 I think
Congrats to the winners!
(Jan. 20, 2014  1:29 AM)BillyBlast Wrote: I'm surprised that no one posted results yet.

1st Place BillyBlast
2nd Place Time
3rd Place Geetster99

4th Place Tied for anyways Arupaeo and LikeaBoss921 I think
Congratulations to Geetster, Time, and you BillyBlast!
Congrats to the winners!
14 Bladers made it out to 2014's first tournament in Maryland: Happy Gnu Year!

And... should old acquaintance be forgot... they should come back to win a tournament! Congrats Billy!

Here are the final standings:

1st place: BillyBlast
2nd place: Time
3rd place: geetster99
4th place: Tie: LikeABoss921 and Arupaeo

See you all next month!

Arupaeo

PS - The next tournament is most likely going to be on February 16th at the Bethesda Marriott again. We are looking to run Limited first, then HMS, and if we are lucky Plastics as well. To get all that done we will be starting earlier than usual - so when the thread goes up - be prepared to reset the alarm on your Beyclocks! Smile
By the way, Arupaeo has been busy for comprehensible reasons lately and we have managed fine with the tournament processing from Maryland, but just to make sure we are not missing something we cannot get just from results : who have the judges been ? Who judged at this event, for instance ? This is to make sure we are not forgetting to give someone the DJ Face.
No one new judged at all.
And by that *Ginga* means: Tech, *Ginga*, Arupaeo, geetster99, Stars, and myself.
*AJ*, Sniper, Billyblast and beymaster15963 were all there who are all fully capable of being judges, but I don't recall any of them doing so yesterday.
Actually BillyBlast judged.
Who judged my first match with Geester? O.e I don't know everybody.
Oh, that was me.
(Jan. 21, 2014  3:46 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: Oh, that was me.

Alright, thanks! Still shaky from the break. Lol thanks again!